Star Wars: The New Jedi Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thirst
so what were everyone's thoughts on the finale of this series?

yerssot
Typical poor star wars ending: big finale, lousy ending

Thirst
true...it wouldve been better if the Galactic Alliance totally wiped out the Yuuzhong Vong or the other way around.

The sad points in this series:
Anakin's death. He was such a powerful force user and all around good guy.
Chewbacca's death. The big furball will never be seen again. sad
Vergere's death. A true master of the Force, completely understanding the Unifying Force.
Tahiri's transformation. She grew up so fast in such a short time.

yerssot
that's what I ment, Thirst... like ROTJ, you expect a huge fight and instead get teddybears beating a legion of best troops...
You expect a huge fight with heavy losses and a wipe out of a race ...

I found Chewies death the worse of all since it was (I think) the first time such a major player died but I thought it was excellent for Anakin to die

Thirst
Why do you think it was excellent for Anakin to die?

yerssot
cause there were too many characters stick out tongue

cause it fitted the story well, brought more drama to it and it showed how dangerous the Vond really are

Thirst
ah....well, i cant argue with that. Anakin was one of my favorite characters though....shame they had to kill him

yerssot
ah well, perhaps their original idea to kill Jacen was better ...

Thirst
naaah....Jacen was essential to the end. His use of the Unifying Force and all....Anakin wouldnt have made the same connections Jacen did.

yerssot
they would have given it another swing if Jacen died of course ... *gasps* perhaps we would have gotten the huge endbattle with the wiping out afterall eek!

for NJO there were not many books I disliked; which is good big grin

Master Kadub
Anakin and Jacen both were essential to the finale....
if Anakin had never died, Jacen would have never
come to grips with fighting the Vong and being captured
and learning about the force from Vergere and how to
understand the Vong better.....or sense them....
then Jacen teaches his knowledge which pretty much
changes the perspective the jedi use towards the Vong...

The very end of the book after the Supreme Overlord is
killed sucked though....

I really would've loved it better if the Executor had gotten away....
'or did he'

Thirst
Nom Anor? He was a traitor to both the Vong and the Republic. He was bound to die in the end.

funny how ironic the Yuuzhong Vong social class is though. A Shamed One controlled all of the Yuuzhong Vong.

yerssot
now you spoiled it to everyone Thirst stick out tonguewink

Thirst
blink

anyone who comes in here i would assume wouldve at least read The Unifying Force...

yerssot
I wouldn't say that, there are some nuts here wink

Julie
I liked the ending....book that is...dunno how I feel about the events...the okay you're beaten now go away in peace is a nice idea but there would be far too much neg feelings to make it "that easy"

Smasandian
It was good. I would of liked Luke to kick some major ass, but then again my fav character has been Luke.
Does anybody know if they are doing anymore Star Wars novels after the New Jedi Order?

What would be cool if they did movies about this series. The Vong make it alot more interesting and different compared to the original's and the prequels. If they did, it would be alot better if they did it with a more adult viewpoint considering the Vong are basically extremely violent and bloody as hell.
Who would get to played all the major roles
Jaina - i can see Jena Malone doing it from Donnie Darko
Jacen - somebody like Jake Gyllenhaal
The others im not too sure.
what do you guys think

Julie
I haven't heard of those two people, but I have heard that they are thinking of a 9 book post NJO series....Karen Traviss and a few others are thinking of penning it

ARC Trooper 117
Troy Denning is currently writing a Trilogy, at last EU check....

Some interesting statements found on Wikipedia:
Jacen Solo - "After the conclusion of The New Jedi Order series, rumors were abound that the young Anakin Solo had somehow survived his meeting with the voxyn in the book Star by Star - yet these are just rumors, and have not been substantiated as yet."
Jaina Solo - "Like the rumors of Anakin Solo, unsubstantiated rumors concerning Jaina Solo have been rather abound - one such rumor claiming that Jaina would have a child in one of the next Expanded Universe books."
Nom Anor - "He died in the final book of The New Jedi Order series, The Unifying Force, along with Onimi, Supreme Overlord Shimrra's minon, though fans believe his "off-screen" death was left ambiguous enough to allow a comeback in post-NJO novels - and rumors coming from the OS have claimed that in the upcoming Denning trilogy, Nom Anor would make a "sweeping return"."
Palpatine/Sidious - "Several unsubstantiated rumors claim that Sidious/Palpatine shall make another appearance in the Expanded Universe, set not long after the New Jedi Order."

I believe there were others....

Julie
ah speculation....got to love it...hmmmm that's practically what we live for here

Smasandian
Really?

Hmm that would be crazy. I can see bringing Anakin back.

Silver Stardust
Ending...not great. Kinda lame. NJO was still quite a bit better than a lot of the other books, though.

What the f**k? so somehow Anakin's learned how to survive being cremated?

Smasandian
Could of been a different body or a clone or maybe as entity like Obi Wan, Yoda and Vadar.

yerssot
no clones... please no clones!

Julie
anything but that.....they are so overdone....

as are superweapons and everyone about to die and things of that nature

ARC Trooper 117
Meh, probably just some psycho spouting complete and incoherent nonsense. wink
It is a free-encyclopedia, ya' know.

Julie
arc, are you okay.....what are you talking about????BTW, nice to see you

ARC Trooper 117
Ditto. stick out tongue
Wikipedia, the website I got those from - it's a "free-encyclopedia", where people can submit their own knowledge based on certain subjects, and expand on others. wink

BTW> It's been a few years since I've read SbS....or else I'd've remembered Anakin being cremated....wacko

Julie
Yeah...pretty darn hard to come back from that

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue
Unless....eek!
No. no
stick out tongue

Julie
They did manage to bring him back a bit as a vision or something but back back....probably not feasible at this point...well I really should get to my homework.

ARC Trooper 117
No, it was Anakin SKYWALKER - sort of. The planet....uhn, Zonoma Sekot, took his form for discussions with Luke....I think.....confused

Have fun w/ your homework! evil face

Julie
Yes but also Anakin Solo...I think Jacen had a dream about him on Coruscant

ARC Trooper 117
When he collapsed in their house after escaping the Vong? stick out tongue
I didn't remember that....

Julie
yeah somehting like that....I dunno why he returned there...it's been awhile since I read that series

ARC Trooper 117
Me too. wacko
I just finished reading Vector Prime again.....
And now I just bought Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina and Tales from Jabba's Palace! eek!
So my plans of finishing the NJO Series is hereby halted until further notice....wink

Julie
ah both the tales books are good...I like tales from the new republic too.

hehe my plans to reread NJO never got past being plans

ARC Trooper 117
laughing
Well, almost done the Davin Felth story....then I'll try to find out where I can get Tales from the Empire and Tales from the New Republic....
And I'll have to buy some new copies of the NJO Books, 'cause my buddies ruined them. mad
stick out tongue

Julie
They did what!!! And you let your buddies read your NJO?...I'd tell 'em get your own.

Though I can honestly say that most of my friends wouldn't read NJO if it were the last book on earth just b/c they don't care for reading...so sad.

LanİeWindu™
I'm finally finishing the NJO series! I'm reading the last chapter of The Unifying Force right now. Well not right now, cause I'm typing, but I'll finish it tonight!

Then I just have to wait for Troy Dennings new trilogy set 5 years after The Unifying Force, The Dark Nest Trilogy!

yerssot
I feel sorry for you Lance... reading so much rather good books and then this finish sad

starwarsfreak34
with a few ppl wondering, there are new books after the NJO: the dark nest trilogy (as mentioned)--The Joiner King, The Unseen Queen and The Swarm War (by Troy Denning. Then there is the nine book series (also as mentioned) with karren travis, (denning again, i think confused ) and also i think aaron allston...

starwarsfreak34
oh, and the first in dennings trilogy is released on the 26th of july smile

LanİeWindu™
The Joiner King, July 2005
The Unseen Queen, September 2005 I believe
The Swarm War, November 2005 I believe

jango fatt
looks cool

kezm
the onlly thing that annoys me is i dont know what the hell happened b4 with luke and the clone empreror anyone have any idea ive read all the books and apart from them talking about it i cant find the book

Julie
what are you babbling about....what's the main question?

BTW, the NJo ending was good but nothing spectacular for such an awesome series

kezm
sorry had a bit of a do there was meaning to post a new topic anyway
njo
not sure it could have ended any better really

Julie
it ended....that's sad:-)

yerssot
Originally posted by Julie
what are you babbling about....what's the main question?

BTW, the NJo ending was good but nothing spectacular for such an awesome series
typical star wars ROTJ ending I take

Julie
....no not really...it really didn't end....there was lots of room for further adventures

starwarsfreak34
Julie~ i agree... we could have seen more of Jag's adventures with his squadron and Twin Suns

Julie
yeah, that would have been nice... more space battles fighter to fighter... Jaina and Jag leading their squadrons of course

yerssot
I mean the entire stupid ending of having no ending

juggernaut74
How many Jedi are in the galaxy during the NJO series?

yerssot
as much as they want I think, they always came up with more

starwarsfreak34
Originally posted by juggernaut74
How many Jedi are in the galaxy during the NJO series?

say between20 and 30 masters, an apprentice or two per master... makes it between 60 and 80, and half again of those to account for Jedi knights... so between 90 and 120 big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.