Spawn vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thirst
hm....blink

who'd win? huh

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not that familiar with Spawn but he seems kind of similar to Venom except more goth.

Kontraz
spidey takes this one... spawn would put up a decent fight, but i think spiderman could be able to take him out eventually.

Mane
youre all wrong. Spawn wipes the floor with Spider-Man. horrible match-up. Spidey doesnt stand a chance.

oh and BTW Swanky, Spawn and Venom were created by the same person.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
heh...hehehe...hahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA hysterical

Oh man, that was funny. I'd say this fight last 30 seconds. Spawn teleports right behind Spiderman and unleashes a plasma blast too large for Spiderman to dodge. Game over. Spiderman's spidersense is the only thing that will keep him alive longer than that.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, this is why I didn't make any real choice. I have no clue what Spawn can do except from what I saw in that movie and what I heard about his game. And all that info really was is "It's fun impaling guys with your chains. But with the camera angle, it looked like my nipples were going wild."

But just to mix things up, I think it'd take a while for Spawn to get Spidey in the first place 'cause he's so wirey and dodgy.

Kontraz
yeah, i do know a good deal about spawn, but i figure parker would still be able to come out on top... i mean, hasn't he ALWAYS with the exception of very few battles?

Arachnoidfreak
I mean, realistically, if one being the true 'hero' wasn't being taken into consideration,then Spawn would come out on top. If Spiderman were being portrayed as the goodguy, then he might come out on top.

*has flashbacks of Batman/Spawn* ...ugh...horrible....

crazy
I think his spider sense might keep him in this one

ragesRemorse
Spawn wins NO contest, except of course Spiderman being an invulnerable image for the marvel franchise. This is why Spiderman would win, not because he's,smarter,stronger,quicker or more durable. He wins because he is the supreme staple for marvel.

Khellendros
Ehhhh. I like Spidey, but I gotta go with Spawn. I just don't think Spider man has the stopping power to put Spawn away. Now, would he make Spawn work for the victory? Hell yes. But in the end, I think it goes to formerly dead guy.

ragesRemorse
I think you mean, formerly alive, reincarnated, dead again,deemed a shadow between worlds dead guy.

Khellendros
Don't split hairs. :-p

emraldguardian
LOL Spawn has beatin angels and even Malbolgia im pretty sure he could handly Spiderman.

Kontraz
that is all based on your definition of a hero.... i dont think one has to EVER win a battle to become a hero. At the same time though, I do think spider-man would win BECAUSE what makes him a hero, not his title in the least.

Thirst
wow...i definitely forgot to put a poll up. erm

Kontraz
hrrmm... theres one question i have though... how strong is spawn? I think many people underrate spidey's brute strength. Sure it might not be much compared to Juggernaut and Rhino, but I don't recall spawn showing anything DRASTICALLY impressive strength-wise. I know he is strong, but I'm not too sure if he is even in Parker's class of strength, and Spidey sure has him beaten in agility.

Mane
Spawn is on the level of a god. he beat Malebolgia which is basically the equivalent to Satan.

Paola
open a new thread with the poll on it, I'll merge it and you'll have it in this thread

I mean, if you want to, of course

Mane
Ill do it!!!

Mane
smile

Nataku8188
Dont forget wolverine too!!

Arachnoidfreak
Spiderman is only class 10. Image doesn't have classes, but Spawn has definitly displayed feats of strength over 10 tons.

No, Malbogia wasn't the equivilant of Satan, there is another who is, I don't remember his name. He now has a scar over his eye where Spawn scratched him.

Kontraz
"the level of a god" tells me nothing, as even gods can die at the hands of men...

ragesRemorse
Yeah Spawn has bewildering levels of strength, but no where near the limits of spiderman. For the most part spawn has the strength of three men, but when using his powers the possibilites are virturally limitless. (untill his hourglass runs out) spawn has battled foes with strength that would equall or even over take spideys strength. It isnt spawns brute strength that wins him his face offs.It is his bag of tricks. Spawn can move fluently through shadows, he has been trained in nearly every weapon known to man, He can teleport through planes of existence taking people with him, His hell blast can turn humans into lumps of coal, Spawn doesnt get tired he just gets dead, Not tomention the capabilites and power of his cape, and his chains and also his sword of injustice. these last three things would be enough to slay spiderman.

If spidey had any kind of chance, it wouldnt be soley his brute strength, it would be pushing all his abilities to the limit. I think this would a pretty equal match to begin with, but as spawn dives deeper his abilities, the match falls completely one sided. Instead of fighting spawn, Spiderman would be trying his damndest to avoid spawn.

Kontraz
i think motivation would play a HUGE role in this fight though. Spawn tends to fight pretty evenly despite who or what is going on around him (from what i've seen anyway) however spidey is almost the exact opposite. If it was just for the sake of a random brawl, spawn takes it, easy, but if there is enough motivation for spidey to fight, I don't think anything from earth or hell would be able to stop him in the bitter end.

Thirst
very true Kontraz. The same could be said of Spawn too...in a sense....if someone kidnapped Wanda...i guess....

ragesRemorse
Spiderman wins becuase of motivation? spawn is one of the most ruthless comic characters out there. Dude does what it takes to get it done. Yeah, early on in Spawns existence as a character he was usually always ..for lack of better words un-involved in taking standings. seeing how his soul was damned and his memory was virtually erased from his family he had no motivation other than rage. This of course was very early on in the comics. Now Spawn fights with unrelenting determination. . Most of his key confrontations usually have very HIGH stakes on the line. He doesnt fight for himself anymore, but with more of a vigalante mentality.

He occasionally fights for heavon,but stil has to keep his bindings with hell. with his soul given a clean slate,every action he makes effects his outcome. He also has assasins from hell,heaven,the netherealm and earth constantly hunting him down,these assisins target his family. spawn has alot on his plate anymore, rather than trying to figure out his place in the world. Every confrontation Spawn engages in are drastically important for him to have motivation

that was a good point though kontraz. motivation and determination are always what makes hero's the victors in fights. I would say though, that Spawn would have equally as much determination as spidey. I think these two characters have the same kind of fighting spirit, or heart. Though they are on the opposite ends of the spectrum,

Lenord
I can't belive people are actually comparing Spider-Man with Spawn. This is a no contest, there is no way in hell wink that Spidey can beat Spawn.

Thirst
not neccisarily Lenord...Spidey has a ton of agility on Spawn (not including teleportation) and he can probably match Spawn move for move in terms of strength. Spidey sense would allow him to avoid most the chains and his web could immobilize Spawn if he had to

Mane
i take it from the smiley that the pun was intended?

SnakeEyes
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ur joking, right? ( i hope so)

ragesRemorse
Well i would imagine the aoura of hell flames Spawn can manifest around himself would pretty much about cancel out spiderman using webbing to immobolize Spawn. Yeah Spiderman is faster and more agile,however his cloak and ability to move through shadows would protect him from spidermans swift ability.There really are no other abilities that pose a threat to spawn,aside from his strength. If Spiderman gets hit from somthing in Spawns arsenal, it is going to take time for web head to recover.Spawn is just to deadly, every kind of weapon,ability,and fighting tactics Spawn offers are meant to be lethal, like one hit type lethal. Spawn has been hit with pretty much everything.

spawn is usually always eigther overated or underated. You should never underestimate Spawn, and if you over esitmate him,well your better off, ignorant but better off.

spiderman is usally underestimated or over hyped. I wouldnt totaly discount spiderman,because he does have heart,and would fight to death. Seriously though, the odds are greatly,greatly stacked against him.

the only way that i can think of that Spiderman could actually beat spawn, is by cutting off his head. If this was a justified act and seeing how spiderman is practically an angel, i highly doubt that redeemer spawn would revive simmons. this would force Spawn back to hell, he could fight his way out in a few hours,but not without using energy,energy equalls time.So Spiderman would have to keep fighting Spawn over again, killing him over and over again forcing Spawn to use all his energy and drain his hour glass.If this happend i think Spawn would ensure that he takes spidey with him. Before you rant on about spawn having Karma with those angels (forget their names) i excluded this fact in the discussion.I also left out the fact of Spawn being able to pull SPidey into the Chaos realm.and hell.Got to make it somewhat fair for my favorite hero spiderman.

ragesRemorse
Oh yeah i forgot, Spawn cannot teleport.

norrin radd

Kontraz
hey... nobody said anything about KILLING spawn... i DOUBT spidey (or anybody) could ever really do that. It was about BEATING spawn. Venom has beaten Carnage, and vice versa, Venom has beaten spidey, vice versa, and Spidey has beaten carnage, and vice versa. Yet, none of them have yet to DIE!

I think spider-man could BEAT him, but not kill him.

Lenord
Look when it comes to magic (especailly on Spawns level), Spidey has no chance at all. Spawn would have no problem with killing Spidey and sending him to hell, while Spidey is still wandering what has just happened....

I don't know how people can even think that Spidey has any true chance of beating Spawn. I would put his chances of beating Spawn at less than 1%.

crazyspinz
sure spawns way more powerfull than spidey, and in all sense would kick his ass, but everyone knows that somehow spidey would win, spidey always wins, name a marvel villian (who has met spidey) whos ass spidey hasnt kicked

Arachnoidfreak
that again comes down to who is portayed as the hero. Spiderman always wins because he's the hero, it's that simple. Make Spawn the hero, and suddenly Spiderman is his b.itch.

crazyspinz
this is very tru, but everyone knows that spidey would be the hero in this, he is always the hero

Lenord
I hate this kind of reasoning.... Fact of the matter is there is no way that spidey can win. This type of reasoning is the last desperate act of a loosing argument....

P.S. There has been a nuber of times that spidey has had ass kicked

korgrath
u people r dumb spidey would get kicked cos the oly way to kill spawn is to chop off his head and spidey has no sharp weapons

Paola
don't call people names here

Kontraz
this isnt who would kill the other.. its who would win. I think spidey could win a normal fight (i mean really, how often does a char die, anyway???) but if it was a death match he wouldn't be able to handle it.

Tron
Ummmmm, Juggernautno expression

And I believe Thanos.

Kontraz
spidey beat juggernaut twice i think... i know once was with his cosmic powers or whatever (captain universe, i think...) and the other he got jugs to fall into a big vat of cement (which hardened)

crazyspinz
i said who he has met, and no he hasnt met thanos, i dont think
and im pretty sure he beat dormanu in his own demension, witch is realy frikin hard to do

Mr_Famous
what about black tarantula?

emraldguardian
Ha Spawn has beaten angels demons and even Satan, not to mention pretty much the only way to kill him is to take off his head. I doubt he would even waste the energy on Spiderman.

Kontraz
why does everyone keep bringing up death? Haven't we gone over this plenty by now? Its not who would kill the other, but BEAT him... death is not the only way to lose!!! Also, spawn NEVER beat satan.... read the other posts... people keep bringing in "new info" that has already been discussed!

crazyspinz
didnt spidey beat dormanu in his own demension before, and im pretty sure that would be alot harder tp do than beat spawn

Mane
thats the dumbest statement ive ever heard.

emraldguardian
Spawn owns Spidey, He is out of Spideys league no matter what all the fan boys think. If Spawn was willing to waste his energy he could prob take Spidermans powers from him.

nomsans
i think it would be a good. match. spidy's brute strength is more than spawns. spidy is more agile, and his spider sence would surely keep hims safe from any bullets or flying chains or necroplasmic capes. spawn's supernatural energies can be drained as well...it would be a toss up in my opinion and i am an avid fan of both characters. i think this would take at least three matches...the 1st one spiderman wins...the second one spawn wins,...then the ugliest, closets horriblist fight between the two would be a toss up...all depends on the story and mositivation and everythign.

now what would be a good match is ghost rider vs spawn...in which , with ghosty's pennance stare, has spawned licked.
in my opinion...they are both guys that sold thier sould to the devil and were tricked and turned into demons...but they deny evil and are in effect 'anti-heroes'. they both have flying mystican chains and hellfire.
spawn would have to constanly worry about not looking into ghost rider's eyes because ghosty's pennance stare would make spawn feel all the pain that he caused with every person he has ever killed (unjustly...which spawn is pretty goddamn ruthless)....
plus you really cnat defeat ghost rider because he is a spirit...even if you find away to destroy his leather jacket and bike...he is still an entity. spawn is confined with his necroplasm phyisical...he can be sent back to hell too. ghost rider has defeated mephisto and nightmare in thier own realms...and let us not forget 'rise of the midnight sons'///

Arachnoidfreak
Actually there is already a Ghost Rider vs Spawn thread, and I explained that basically, Ghost Rider has nothing that can hurt Spawn. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303160&highlight=ghost+rider+vs+spawn

And for the record, Spiderman doesn't have a chance.

spidespawn

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I haven't read much of Spawn, but he does seem generally out of Spidermans league I would imagine, the only thing Spidy seems to have over him is speed and agility, but would that be enough, as Spawn seems pretty unstoppable. Although to be honest I didn't like his movie adaption... so I don't know.

MatchesMalone
Parker doesn't stand a chance. Spawn could obliterate Spiderman with casual ease and in under a minute. Then, he would probably do the same to Spidespawn for his racial slur.

Imperial_Samura
For the record, which does Spawn come under.... hero, anti-hero, villain, or a mix?

Havoc470
anti-hero

spawn wins

Milkie
Originally posted by nomsans
i think it would be a good. match. spidy's brute strength is more than spawns. spidy is more agile, and his spider sence would surely keep hims safe from any bullets or flying chains or necroplasmic capes. spawn's supernatural energies can be drained as well...it would be a toss up in my opinion and i am an avid fan of both characters. i think this would take at least three matches...the 1st one spiderman wins...the second one spawn wins,...then the ugliest, closets horriblist fight between the two would be a toss up...all depends on the story and mositivation and everythign.

now what would be a good match is ghost rider vs spawn...in which , with ghosty's pennance stare, has spawned licked.
in my opinion...they are both guys that sold thier sould to the devil and were tricked and turned into demons...but they deny evil and are in effect 'anti-heroes'. they both have flying mystican chains and hellfire.
spawn would have to constanly worry about not looking into ghost rider's eyes because ghosty's pennance stare would make spawn feel all the pain that he caused with every person he has ever killed (unjustly...which spawn is pretty goddamn ruthless)....
plus you really cnat defeat ghost rider because he is a spirit...even if you find away to destroy his leather jacket and bike...he is still an entity. spawn is confined with his necroplasm phyisical...he can be sent back to hell too. ghost rider has defeated mephisto and nightmare in thier own realms...and let us not forget 'rise of the midnight sons'///

Dude. Spider-Man is no were near as strong or agile then Spawn. I'd post scans but I'm new and i'm not able to post pictures yet. Also I don't think Spawn would be bothered by the Penance Stare because it works only if you have caused pain on the innocent. Spawn does not hurt or kill the innocent last time I checked. Nor does he have a soul because he sold it to Malebolgia, who is dead by the way, so no telling where his soul and the souls of the other Hellspawns went after that.

Thunderstrike
Why is this a debate?

badabing
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Why is this a debate?
Exactly

Tassadar
Because, people think that brute stength works on Spawn

Jabba the Hutt
Hehehe

Lord Urizen
Spiderman has no chance in Hell of beating, killing, stalemating, whatever.....Spawn wins every single battle with Spiderman.

UNLESS Spiderman possesses the Infitini Gauntlet or Ultamate Nullifier or something of that sort, he has absolutely no chance of beating Spawn in any way shape or form.

Spawn has too many ways to murder Spiderman without even putting effort into it. Spiderman's fanbase or hero-appeal won't come in handy either, just because he is the hero does not mean he would logically win a battle against Spawn, it would be PIS...totally rediculous.

I know it's all fantasy, but be REALISTIC please....

batdude123
Spawn 85/10.

Grimm22
Originally posted by crazyspinz
sure spawns way more powerfull than spidey, and in all sense would kick his ass, but everyone knows that somehow spidey would win, spidey always wins, name a marvel villian (who has met spidey) whos ass spidey hasnt kicked

Dr. Doom, Magneto no expression

Milkie

Wow. What a way to debat. The "The Hero Always Wins" is a last ditch effort for someone who character already lost just by looking at the thread title.

Lord Urizen
{sure spawns way more powerfull than spidey, and in all sense would kick his ass, but everyone knows that somehow spidey would win, spidey always wins, name a marvel villian (who has met spidey) whos ass spidey hasnt kicked }

............wow lol

That does sound desperate ! Pulling the "Hero always wins card" Spiderman's a tough cookie, ill give him that, but he is no match for Spawn in any way shape or form. There shouldn't be a debate about this, this is a joke. Bro, do you read both titles? If you did, you wouldn't even be arguing !

There's too many ways Spawn would beat Spiderman effortlessly. Suggesting that Spiderman could beat Spawn in any way is like saying Batman could beat Thanos. Spiderman has nothing to his advantage that would give him any upperhand against Spawn.

Strength- Spawn beats him, Spawn has shaken Gods and moved mountains

Speed- Spawn can slow down time

Agility- Spawn's chains can berzerker slash Spidey anyway anyhow

Brains- Spawn has seen and learned things Spidey's never even dreamed of

Durability- Spawn has survived being tortured numerous times, he has been ripped to shreds several occasions, he's been skinned and burned alive, he has been decapitated a few times, he's been impaled, eaten, beaten, sliced, diced, etc. Spiderman doesn't compare in the least bit.

By the way, what villian Spidey hasn't beaten?

Thanos, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Onslaught, Galactus, Dark Pheonix, Apocalypse, Brood, Shadow King, Tyrant, Nebula, Goblin Queen, Shuma Gorath, and many more

Bro, are you on crack ?

Milkie
Spawn

TheEvilHex
Spawn rips spider mans spine out and sends it to Marry Jane. Spawn 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.