Powerful with the Force (updated)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Ok, updated the list now, and changed my vote after thinking about it. Luke is probably the most powerful out of all of them, but Yoda def. has the most knowledge no question.

Darth_Nefarus
Agreed.

Thirst
holy crap, Kyp Durron is the most powerful Force user there ever was.

Jedi Priestess
well the EU guys dont count IMHO so Im sticking with Vader still.

Thirst
Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe

that's what the section is called. =/

Dexx
i would say the emperor. vader would follow..but he's not as strong as the emperor when they both die

Ushgarak
Yes, there is no point saying EU guys don't count IN the EU section. If someone wants to open up a canon-only version of this in one of the film areas, feel free.

Morgoths_Wrath
It's hard to say, really. I'm having a hard time believing that Kyp Durron is the most powerful though...giving Luke a force-induced coma or no.

Master Kadub
You know, everybody has their favorite character....

I like Luke......

but the most powerful force user in the galaxy is still Vader/Anakin...

Think about it....everybody feared him....

The emperor, because he knew that Anakin was powerful enough to defeat anybody by himself if trained properly...

Yoda, because he knew how powerful Anakin was but was wreckless and had to be watched....

Xanatos
Who's Revan?

SnakeEyes
play Knights of the Old Republic

Xanatos
Ok thats who I thought you ment. It's actually Reven, but that is a easy mistake.

I was just wordering if he was some other guy I have never heard of.

Julie
i thought it was Revan....at least I think that's the KOTOR baddie/ goodie/ amoral hero/ heroine

Xanatos
I always that it was Reven I should check this out.

Xanatos
It is Revan blink I nead to get my ears checked.

SnakeEyes
yes it is Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic!

Mace Skywalker
I know well who kyp is, but what does he look like?

MadHeretic

MadHeretic
In addition, only One man was strong enough to defeat both Darth Vader and the Emperor. He defeated Vader in a duel (ROTJ), and a younger and more powerful Emperor in a duel (Dark Empire series).

Not even Yoda or Mace Windu were a match for any of them (Episode 3 spoilers). What Vader said about Luke being the most powerful man in the galaxy was indeed true, rightfully.

MadHeretic
The Emperor wanted Luke to take Vader's place. Vader wanted to eliminate the Emperor with Luke's help and then rule the galaxy (shadows of the empire, ESB, ROTJ). Both of them wanted the better man.

However, Darth Vader and the Emperor are more powerful than Yoda and any other Jedi. Anakin Skywalker, being the child of the force itself, has the greatest potential ever that no one could rival..however as he himself explained, the force was even stronger in his son!

vinzembob
Ok, I havnt read the books with Kyp in it, but i have read some quotes from the books and they state that Kyp was not possed by Exar Kun, and that he beat luke only under Kun's influence and Kyp beat him anyway. And the only reason luke beat Vader was because he was using the darkside, as Obi-wan was in episode 1 against darth maul.

Corran
There's a chart somewhere showing peoples' midi Chlorian count, I'm sure Anakin Skywalker was the stongest but Darth Vadar lost some of it when he lost limbs. I think this meant that Luke was indeed stronger than Vader or the Emporer then.

eleveninches
Yoda admits that the current jedi are nowhere near as powerful as they used to be, so I interpret that as saying that the TOTJ jedi were more powerful.

I would rank it like this:

FILMS:
1.Palpy
2.Anakin (pre-lava)
3.Yoda
4.Windu
5.Dooku
6.ROTS Obi-Wan
7.ROTJ Luke
8.Vader (post-lava)

EU:
1.Marka Ragnos
2.Exar-Kun
3.Palpy
4.NJO Luke
5.Anakin (pre-lava)
6.Freedon Nadd
7.Darth Bane
8.Revan
9.Vodo Baas
10.Ulic Qel Droma
11.Vima Sunrider
12.Kyp Durron
13.Jacen Solo
14.Nomi Sunrider
15.Yoda
16.Anakin Skywalker II
17.Darth Vader (post-lava)
18.Windu
19.Dooku
20.Jania Solo

Darth_Nefarus
Okay, Luke Skywalker (half trained or not) still beat Darth Vader, something all the Jedi who got purged couldn't do and don't say he was weak, because he still could have made his robot body faster like Grievous. He is a technical genius afterall.

jackstain
the only reason he beat vader though is because vader was never supposed to beat luke, just make him angry, that was the point. if palpy gave the order to slaughter him, luke would be pushin up daisies

Julie
Revan

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by jackstain
the only reason he beat vader though is because vader was never supposed to beat luke, just make him angry, that was the point. if palpy gave the order to slaughter him, luke would be pushin up daisies Luke was in the same position as Vader, he wanted to convert him not kill him, so you can't blame Vader's pathetic loss on that.

jackstain
well first it wasnt pathetic, second, um at the point where he defeats him, he's not trying to convert anyone, he's in a blind rage because darth vader pissed him off to no end. he isnt thinking about much of anything,save for killing darth vader. uh thank you wink

Darth Revan33
Well, ya he was in a rage which really boosted his power, but he still didnt want to kill Vader just defeat him. The only reason I said it was pathetic was because Luke beat him in about 40 seconds of his blind rage and all throughout the fight Vader didnt even get close to touching him except for the lightsaber throw, which was a pretty good move.

jackstain
because he wasnt trying to! if he wanted him to die, he would kill him! dont u get it?

SnakeEyes
I get it...

jackstain
thank you snake eyes

eleveninches
I always imagined that anakin was much less powerful after the lava incident

jackstain
why? grievous is a robot, he doesnt seem too weak?

eleveninches
Weak enough to be destroyed

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by jackstain
because he wasnt trying to! if he wanted him to die, he would kill him! dont u get it? dont you get that if Luke was trying to kill Vader he wouldnt have lasted two minutes against luke. They both wanted to convert the other, not kill him which puts them on even ground and luke was whooping him. Once again, if luke was trying to kill vader, vader would be scrap parts even if vader was trying to kill luke.

Darth_Nefarus
Not true man, if Vader wouldn't have known Luke was his son he would have ended his genetic line right then and there.

jackstain
exactly^^

luke is a weiner

Darth_Janus
You know, I debated on this one awhile. Of what I know, (And granted, it's not as much as I'd like) I'd have to nominate NJO Luke for this award. As much as I like and respect old Force users like Yoda, Revan, and Exar Kun, from what I've heard Luke becomes quite the BAMF.

jackstain
uGH...Revan was created in a game!!!it makes me angry that hes considered this all time great.

Darth_Nefarus
So what, Luke's greatness comes from a book, and I still give the movies more credit.
But, yes, NJO Luke is da man

Darth_Janus
You two, I swear. Still pushing the movies onto people in an EU section.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.