Will Qui Gonn Interfere?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
In ROTJ, Obi Wan tells Luke that if he goes to confront Darth Vader that he cannot interfere. I wonder if during the epic dual between Anakin and Obi, will Qui Gonn try to come between the two and that's when Anakin slips up? Just pondering, that's all.

tlbauerle
Hmmmm...

I actually like this, but I'm not sure if he is able to. When Yoda hears Qui-Gon's voice in EpII, that is the first time any Jedi has retained his identity after becoming part of the Force. Maybe it is Qui-Gon who teaches peeps how to retain their identity.

Boris
Last time I checked he was dead lol, I don't think he will be in III at all.

darth_surgent
And what evidence is there of that?

PVS
when a jedi dies, he/she/it becomes "one with the force"

i always went under the assumption that this was similar to buddhism, where you give up your identity when you become one with the universe.

so, by that assumption, to retain your identity would be to find a way to bend the rules i guess.

PVS
sorry to bring religion into this, but lets face it, thats the basis of this debate. spirituality and the force, right?

PVS
forgot to finish my point:

quigon is watching anakin, so he is still.....him.
he has his identity intact

GCG
wait a moment ; I too heard a voice.

when Anakin is slaughtering the Tuskens, the next scene goes to Yoda meditating.............and when Yoda sits there with his eyes closed there is a Voice going " ANAKIN.............NOOOOOOOO! "

then Mace Windu comes in

who was that ? Qui Gon ?

PVS
yes, that was quigon

GCG
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh *gobsmacked*

i always wandered.
thanks for the info

Mortanius
"Somebody" told me that the voice that shouted "Anakin, Anakin" was Quigon, but the "NO!" was Obi Wan's voice. Is this just a rumour or what?

NoFate007
What I always thought was that it was a quick flash of the future in whole...

"Anakin, Anakin!!" was Qui-Gon trying to tell Anakin to stop
"Nooooo!!!" was a distorted Luke's cry from Empire
and then if you listen closely it ends with a Vader breath.

Mortanius
Cool.

Cipher
Qui-gon trying to interfere might be interesting, I just don't know how that would work out. I always figured Ben meant he couldn't protect Luke....
But it would make Anakin's betrayal worse, betraying the guy who discovered and freed him.

Eastern religion/ philosophy is quite relevant to Star Wars. That's George got a lot of his concepts for the Force, really...

Mortanius
It would be cool to see force ghost Quigon, but I guess that is a pipe-dream.

Liam Neesan, for once in your life, do the right thing and fix what you started!

Cipher
Absolutely, him being in this would bring it full-circle. It make his character more important in the scheme of things, the Jedi who found a new level to the Force....

jedijunky1138
One thing that I remember hearing was that Qui-gon will return in spirit for to give advice to Yoda and Obi-Wan. If I am correct this will happen on Dagobah when Yoda goes into hiding. Not sure if this is fact but just what I remember reading. confused blink rock

Mortanius
I heard of this too, just can't remember where.......

cal31
Too bad Neeson hated Phantom Menace, so I doubt he would do anything for EP. III, unless he signed a previous contract.

robakin
Liam said on UK tv that he was not in 2 but when asked if was in 3 he said he couldn't talk about that.
I'm sure he's a ghost in 3. i do hope so as i think Qui Gon was a great character.
Lucas on the commentary in ep2 says the Jedi coming back from the dead question is answered in 3, this is when Anakin kills the tuskin raiders and Lucas confirms that yoda can here Qui Gon trying to talk to Anakin.

tlbauerle
The novelization page 276

Good stuff.

Ushgarak
George Lucas said so- end of story.

Neeson did NOT hate TPM, he found it rather fun. He has criticised AOTC, however, and more recent interviews have made it clear he is not in ep. iii in any regard. It's not as if Lucasfilm have come out and said he is definitely not there but it looks very unlikely in light of that.

Mortanius
What would be cool is if the spirit of Quigonn appears along side Obi Wan and the spirit of Darth Maul appears along side Anakin. Then they sort of "possess" them for a rematch.

NoFate007
If Qui-Gon shows up at any time in ROTS, he'll show up to talk to Obi-Wan and/or Yoda, and possibly tell them how to retain their identity when they become one with the Force, Lucas won't be stupid and make it that Qui-Gon shows up and thats why Anakin falls into the lava. Anakin wouldn't be furious with Obi-Wan then, he'd wanna kill a dead Qui-Gon for screwing him up lol.

Darth_Duffy
sad how about no

PVS
interesting.....like star wars meets the exorcist.

at some point in the duel anakin can spew green vomit all over obiwan.

maybe........not laughing

captainmidnight
if qui-gon does show up,i think he would tell obi-wan he was right for not wanting to teach anakin the ways of the jedi,i dont think qui-gon would appear to anakin,he's the bad guy.......i like the idea of qui-gon conversing with yoda too

Mortanius
Yeah, I guess it is a wierd idea. But I think that Quigonn should still be in ROTS. If they couldn't get Liam Neeson, then they should have Quigonn communicate through voice only.

PVS
i agree with you that quigon MUST be in RotS.
it has to be so. they put his voice in ep2, they say the whole
"force ghost" thing will be explained. i really think we will see quigon on screen in ep3.

captainmidnight
me to dudes,i like qui-gon,it would have been cool if he survived in ep1 so he could of had a duel with dooku.......but as much as i like him,i dont think he would have beat dooku!!!!!!

Anakin2Vader
Qui Gon should for sure be in EP 3 but I have heard that there was a real falling out between him and GL to the point were Liam wouldnt even provide the dialouge GL wanted for EP 2 or that GL didnt even want to get it from him so they pieced together the Anakin, Anakin, Noooo... so I dont know if it could come together... It would be awesome though I think... I liked the old man

Master Kadub
I would love to see Qui Gon in ROTS, and for some reason I believe we will see him.....
I think that if GL had written all 3 movies out like the OT, he could have developed the Darth Maul/Dooku/QuiGon characters better as well as Master Syfo Dias.....
I believe they could all have worked better, but I will accept the prequels for what is....

Cipher
Hmmm.....
I didn't think of Neeson being under contract for the third one, interesting....
It would be better if Qui-Gon appeared as a spirit to Yoda, Mace, Obi, etc.

NoFate007
I don't think Maul could've been worked out, I don't think he's a real deep character.

Dooku could've easily been better developed if he had been a member of the Jedi Council in place of Ki-Adi Mundi or something in Episode I.

Qui-Gon, if he was meant to die in Episode I its kinda hard to have him be developed unless he showed up in Episode II as well.

Sifo Dyas...I think they could make this whole problem go away if they said that Grievous is Dyas but I know they won't.

Cipher
That was Dooku with the archives.....

Maybe Yoda will, at some point, just announce that he's figured out a new way
to use the Force.....
However its brought up, I hope its a good explanation.....

rayj
I really do hope the GOn teaches Yoda and Obi-Won how to become a force ghost smokin'

robakin
i agree with Cipher that Dooku erased the files if you think about it, Clone army ordered by syfo dyas but he was killed before that so it was someone poseing as him, only a jedi could have erased the files , and Jango was hired by someone called Tyranus ( dooku ) .Maybe this is what Qui Gon will tell Obi Wan.

Master Kadub
NoFate,
Sure Maul could have been better developed....
he could have not died in TPM.....
maybe gotten away like Dooku did in AOTC.....

Dooku could've been shown briefly discussing something about the changing republic and training the choosen one; with Qui Gon..

If Maul gets away dramatically in TPM, maybe taking off Qui Gons hands in the process, it would've worked well....then Qui Gon dies at the hands of his former master in AOTC......

Sifo Dyas...heck, who knows...

Ushgarak
It wasn't a fall out. They talked, and GL decided that it was simpler to do it with recorded dialogue they already had. At the time, GL said 'Next time it won't be so simple' which made it seem almost certain that QGJ was in III, but as I say, more recent interviews have made this seem unlikely.

queeq
Yup, I doubt we'll ever get a grasp on the whole disappearing act. Unless GL records it in secret and last minute. It''s something they could even shoot on Skywalker Ranch.

Sesse
They must explain it. One way or another.

What if it was palpatine, who invented this ghost thing.
Then he taught the jedi how to do it. Every jedi in the galaxy wanted to try it out. Soon after, they realized their mistake big. Then it was too late.

Ushgarak
That... doesn't work on too many levels to explain.

captainmidnight
i would like if qui gon appeared to obi-wan, obi wan was the first to be a force ghost, so in a way this would explain how he did it.......

GCG
I have been reading that :

Qui Gon knew his potential and how dangerous it would be for the Sith to get there hands on Anakin.

Qui-gon will be making an appearance in ROTS (voice only) to help Yoda unlearn what he has learnt.

so is this real ?

GCG
thanks for filling me in no expression

Ushgarak
Err, POSSIBLY. Early leads said QGJ would not be in the film- Liam Neeson seemed to say as much. More recent leads suggest otherwise.

DenKi
I dont think in Episode 3 somone will return and teach the Jedi how to use the whole force Ghost Technique, Its too Educational, It will waste 5mins of the film just talk about it and it would drag on. It would be like learning the ABC's

Ushgarak
It is an important plot point though.

Mortanius
Qui Gon: "Yoda, if you would like to retain you identity, before crossing over just right click and select "save as." Got it?"

Yoda: "Easy! It was so simple!"

Red Superfly
If Qui-Gon does actually give this "Jedi Hints and Tricks 101" class, then it'll actually be sweet irony that Qui-Gon never made council.

Qui-Gon discoverred the Chosen One, and the means to turn into a freakin ghost when you die.

Yeah Yoda, "unlearn what you have learned, fear is bad bla blah blah" sure, but did you find The Chosen One? No, you pissed all over him, and his son.

Jedi Master my ass.

If Qui-Gon was the head Jedi then the galaxy would be full of rainbows. And ghosts. Lots of freaky ghosts.

*explodes*

JKozzy
He liked Episode I, he thought Episode II was ludicrous, though.

bilb
Qui Gon IS the one who teaches Yoda & Obi, so just deal with it now & you will be nuch happier come May 19. ANd it is VERY ironic that he never made the council, thats why the Yoda line 'Yes, too sure of themselves they are' is sooooooo important.
And just because he made a mistake or two over 900 years in no way diminishes Yoda's knowledge. How do you think he knows to tell Luke to 'unlearn what he has learned'? Because he had to do that exact thing.
And rainbows & ghosts? WTF? Get over yourself already.

And Kozzy, you are right. Neeson liked TPM and late indicators point to the fact that we WILL hear QG in ROTS.

GCG
Finally a post i have longed for.
I believe that on the SW databank in Qui-Gon Jinn's file there is written that The Jedi Council considered him as a maverick and they never wanted him in the Jedi Council cause of his views on the living force.

i also forsee Yoda kicking himself in the butt for that

bilb
I forsee that as well, he had to be doing something all those years on Degobah......

Ushgarak
We don't actually have a final and certain confirmation on all this yet.

smoker4
Yes i know its called speculation

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yeah man, let's stop KMC and wait for the movie...that's at least one option, my friend... laughing out loud

eleveninches
well, he was in the trailer

bilb
laughing

Ushgarak
Err, these things were being stated as fact, NOT speculation, so you can cut out that attitude. It is not appropritate to put forwards speculation as fact as Bilb did.

smoker4
Attitude? blink laughing out loud

bilb
Excuse me? Just because I dont preface EVERY SINGLE POST with, 'this is all speculation, but....' doesnt mean I mean that I pretend to KNOW what is or is not gonna actually happen in this flick. And it is not appropriate to single out individual members as you seem to enjoy doing.

zero_misfits
This guy

bilb
whatcha mean misfits?

Ushgarak
I'll decide what is appropriate or not, thanks! Your post could easily be interpreted as fact; I was correcting that.

smoker4
I saw it more as speculation

jnolan
I'll second that, seeing how none of us work for LFL anything not prempted with a "This is from an Official LFL posting" should be considered speculation.

bilb
Huh? Could this be construed as abuse of power?

One man's opinion is anothers speculation, THANKS.

smoker4
So its not just me then wink

bilb
Not official but I'l take it, from T Bone:

- Qui-Gon Jinn does in fact appear in the script and begins to teach Yoda how to die but keep your "consciousness" while on Polis Massa. Yoda tells this to Obi-Wan in time, and also tells him that he will soon begin the same training with Qui-Gon.

BOO YAH!!!!

theshakl
Bilb..u no longer have last post in any thread....

anyways Qui Gon will not interfere with no births people

bilb
Well I can try!!!

j/k, its not like any thread is gonna get closed right after I post or anything ya silly...... wink

cylob49
I hope the rumoured Qui Gon scene isnt in Ep3
all that stuff about love being the answer to ending the darkside makes me wanna puke
its not the idea as its a fact - it happens in JEDI
its just the way imagine it will be played out on screen
and as for Qui-Gons voice in EP2 its just a rehash of the "ANAKIN......ANAKIN.........DROP!!!" scene from TPM
its the same sound clip
and everyone knows(or should) the "NOOOOOO!!!" bit isnt Qui Gon
its a Tusken Raider

smoker4
Er! its not a tusken raider laughing out loud

bilb
OMG, that is the silliest thing I have heard. A Tusken? Speaking thru the force to some lil green dude in a room on another planet somewhere..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

JediJim
Tusken raider? WTF!

Sounded like Qui-Gon to me... blink

cylob49
The "Anakin Anakin" bit is Qui Gon shouting whereas the "NOOOOOOOOOO" bit is a Tusken Raider !!
The Yoda scene takes place after the Tusken slaughter,its Qui Gon shouting out "Anakin Anakin!!!" THEN it cuts to a tusken obviously about to be beheaded or whatevers reaction....Yoda is getting a bit of everything- Qui Gons reaction,Anakins pain and suffering AND the tusken slaughter ALL AT ONCE much like Obi Wan does when Alderaan gets it...just listen to it again...it aint even the same voice!
So Bilb Qui Gon isnt speaking to Yoda directly thru the force..his shout from beyond the grave isnt meant for the little green dude at all..its in the sentance........."A-N-A-K-I-N....A-N-A-K-I-N!!!!"
Doesnt sound so "silly" now does it.

bilb
Cy, that is sooo not right. The 'nooooooo' we hear clearly is a different voice than Neeson's but thats simply due to the fact that they already had a voice track of Liam saying 'Anakin!' from TPM, but had no such recording of the 'nooooooooo'. So they simply used another voice. It is still meant to be Qui Gon speaking. Up to this film, Qui Gon is the only one who has been able to retain his identity after death. And Tuskens in general are not force sensitive, ergo no Tuskens speaking to Yoda.

smoker4
It sounds very silly, you silly billy..... its supposed to be qui-gon okeday wink

cylob49
well ill stick with my theory
that bit of dialogue has been discussed on every SW forum form the OS to Supershitter and its been mostly about who says the NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! part
its been discussed on this very forum too
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3588
that NOOOOOOOOOO!! is very harsh and alien like...VERY non human and sounds nothing like the TPM lifted "Anakin Anakin" bit..just listen to it its nothing like Liam Neeson and if its supposed to be a soundalike its fu**ing terrible
like many other SW fans well have to agree to disagree on this one

as for the bit about Tuskens not being able to be heard thru the force...what about the people of Alderaan ...Kenobi felt them "cry out in terror" so why cant Yoda feel a sandperson crying out in terror.

bilb
I never said he couldnt feel them, I said he couldnt HEAR them. I argued this point for 2 years, cause it is obviously not Liam's voice, However it IS supposed to be QG's voice.

cylob49
Ok if it is supposed to be Qui Gon then its another example of Lucas shoddy sound editing with the prequels.How hard would it have been to get a soundalike instead of rehashing old dialogue...hes done it before though as you can hear Greedos EXACT lines from a NEW HOPE in Jabbas Palace in JEDI in the background.

bilb
Hey I never said the guy didnt cut corners. Just look at the new wookie pics.... in high res you can see where they copied & pasted the same 10 wookies over & over to make an army.....

Stunrun
why couldnt George just do it the original way, im sure its not that hard to hire like 100 basketball players, all with big paycheckswink

how cool would that be? michael jordan playing a wookie!eek!

DenKi
JUST WATCH EPISODE 2 DVD AND WATCH IT WITH GEORGE LUCAS, RICK MCCALLUM, BEN BURTT AND ROB COLEMAN, JUST GOTO THAT SCENE AND HEAR WHAT THEY SAY IN THAT COMMENTARY, IT IS BLOODY QUIGON GIN AND SOMONE ELSE WHO THEY DONT MENTION( saying nooooo)

guiro72
as soon as i heard it the first time, i knew it was neeson straight away....never been any doubt in my mind....not for a second....second thing i thought was "he has to be in ep III"....they're being so careful about it though, (which may be the reason they used old dialogue)....they really want this one to be a suprise for some reason....

guiro72
just been reading back through this thread.....erm, tuskens don't speak english......

bilb
Good Point! wink

GCG
i thought that they bray like donkeys ; and perhaps if its understood as crystal english then then either we dont know how to speak donkey or.......someone understands donkey confused

bilb
huh?

GCG
Click the picture ; they sound like donkeys

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/images/tusken.jpg

Ben-Kenobi
if your just noticeing that, i feel sorry for ya dude @,@

bilb
No its not the sound i was questioning GCG, it was your wording!! smile

GCG
die_pc chair wallbash

bilb
OK OK I take it back......made PERFECT sense!!!

cylob49
From the OS databank-
Tuskens live a strictly ritualized life. Among their sacred tenets is a rich oral history told by a venerated raider known as the storyteller. The storyteller must recount the detailed Tusken tradition verbatim at each telling -- it is considered blasphemy to botch a single word.

Notice the use of WORD and not GRUNTS..we only ever hear pissed off tuskens barking at each other in EP1 and attacking Luke in EP4
THERE HAS BEEN NO DIALOGUE
So whos to say they dont speak english
Well probably never know whos right on this one..id say its spilt 50 - 50 but personally if you think that is Qui Gon saying the NOOOO part you need to clean your ears out.

guiro72
50 50?.....i think it might just be you.....but i don't really feel like arguing it out, agree to disagree yes .......

cylob49
ok fair enough but put the words-
qui gon voice in aotc nooooo
in a google search an youll find a million guiros and cylobs arguin the same thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.