Tribute Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-=SergioLeone=-
Well its not news that Kill Bill is a flattery film. But do you think it was right to take elements from so MANY films?

Im a HUGE Sergio Leone fan (....yep) and when I saw Vol. 2 I was like...Whoa...Would Sergio Leone be happy to know that QT stole Beatrix's desert walk from his own scene in "Once Upon a Time in the West?" Not to mention that Kill Bill Vol. 2 is basically Death Rides a Horse 21st centuryized.

And Vol. 1? Lady Snowblood all the way...Now when I saw Vol. 1 I hadnt seen 'Snowblood' but when i found out that his inspiration for the Bride was based off of this movie I watched it. The plots are very similar, not to mention O-Ren Ishii came from this movie. Plus he stole a quote directly from "Yojimbo."

Whats the deal? Even though this was the point (being a tribute film), he took from 20 some-odd movies!

Dont get me wrong, I loved the film/films (im so confused). Beautiful cinematography. But is it right to compile the masterpieces of another generation and make a load of money from it?

BadKitty
sure it's right..it breathes in life in to old movies that might have been forgotten and sparked new interest in them by fans of the movie..I see nothing wrong with that smile

Yassin
Yep,thanx to Quintin i never even heard of these movies...so i yeah i think it's greatsmile

-=SergioLeone=-
Well.....if your all in agreement.....

vvvrulz
Its hard to pick movies these days which don't have elements from other older ones, while its easy to poke holes when some of these stand out, remember that there are billions of movies out there, something completely and utterly original can be hard to imagine.

MildPossession
I have no problem with it, it's films he likes and has been influenced by. I see nothing wrong with putting things into your own film that make clear note to those films, he just puts them in his own unique way.

He takes things from other films, but his own films are still unique.

<<Solo>>
Exactly.

Ronnie Van Zant
i dont know how to quote but you said

And Vol. 1? Lady Snowblood all the way...Now when I saw Vol. 1 I hadnt seen 'Snowblood' but when i found out that his inspiration for the Bride was based off of this movie I watched it. The plots are very similar, not to mention O-Ren Ishii came from this movie.

and so I say that you contributed to what ever one else is saying by "breathing life into old films"

I see your point though

MildPossession
The Bride Wore Black, also. Check that out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.