Is Vader under Sidious control?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
Ok Vader is sidious's apprentice but i seen a pic of vader strapped into some sort of torture thingy in front of palpatine!!!so maybe Vader is force to be a sith? your taugths?

Darth_Duffy
id say that scene could well have been just as anakin first donned the vader suit. the restraints may be to control his initial reaction to his new form.
just a suggestion

Gangularis
LOL a torture thingy..

by this point in the film, anakin and palps have made real buddy buddy like..

anakin is now his apprentice.. and he's saved anakin's life... or at least what's left of it.

then again.. the old man and vader could just be into some kinky shit instead. ala "ooh your light saber's so big"

Cipher
Yeah, that's when he's awakened after being given bionic legs and a respirator.
Anakin becomes a Sith because of his own decisions....

Boris
I'd say yes......yes he is, in some form, why else would he say,
"I MUST obay my master"

PVS
i think the answer to this question is painfully obvious.

Capt_Fantastic
You seem to be asking two questions in one post.
1) Is Anakin/Vader under the control of his master Darth Sidious?

A) Yes, without question. He is his apprentice and has fallen to the dark side of the force(which actually controls both of them I think)

2) Is Palpatine forcing Vader to be a Sith?

A) No, Anakin chooses to become a sith. His choices are made on his own, despite the fact that Palpatine has really been controlling most of the events of the galaxy and the war from behind the scenes.

Xam
thanks FC thats kinda what i was looking for!

DarthCyrax
the pic your talking abought is were he becomes vader

xam is that a real pic of the duel or was that made?

Anakin2Vader
^^^def home made i think but pretty damn cool

Boris
Indeed very cool, although I think a blue v blue duel would suck.....

DarthCyrax
thats a good job if home made

Anakin2Vader
^^^ I thought that too at first but it is something we have never seen and adds a Jedi v Jedi feel.... I still would have liked Anakin use a Red saber

Capt_Fantastic
Well, I guess Anakin has to have a blue sabre, since Obi-Wan gives Luke a blue sabre in ANH.

Xam
i took it off of here somewhere i dont know who made it but here enjoy!!

rayj
Vader is addictide to space crack, and palpatines the dealer, of course he MUST obey his master, he's a crack head! smokin'

NoFate007
I think the reason behind the line "I must obey my master" is because Vader knows first hand how powerful Palp is, and how easily (or, you know what I mean) he completely dismembered an entire galaxy. It isn't completely loyalty or else he wouldn't have asked Luke to join him so they could kill Palpatine. It isn't some sort of device that controls him because Anakin is good with tech stuff so he could defuse it or whatever. It is purely fear that causes his obedience, I'm sure if Luke had given off the impression that he would destroy the Emperor and join Vader, it would have turned out different in ROTJ. Plus if you look at it closely, Vader doesn't do many things to take a shot at killing Luke, everything is immobilizing him or capturing him alive and whatnot, so he doesn't just serve the Emperor as a patsy.

darktim1
also because he says what is thy bidding my master in empire to show that he embraces the emperior as his master.

Xam
What I was thinking was is vader kissing MAJOR Ass to palp like"oh im so scared of you" or is it really his choice like "oh ill go to the dark side to piss off obi1"

Capt_Fantastic
That is a real pic from the duel. The architecture and the actors are real, I don't know about the background.

wolfdraven
I'm 100% sure vader is sidious's b****.

Master Kadub
I doubt that the most powerful Jedi ever is afraid of Sidious..
Now, I do believe that he is very much persuaded slowly towards
the darkside, by Sidious who plays into the mind of Anakin....
After years of persuation and working with his new mentor,
there is no reason to distrust him....
Vader has power and no rivals....
and then he finds his son, who poses a threat...
but a link to the past and a new powerful pair for
the future.....
Sidious, worst fears is for Vader to leave him
and join sides with Luke....
but he underestimates the power of bond
and father and son....
and is destroyed....

Darth_Nefarus
I don't believe Anakin fears the Emperor at first, as the Emperor continuously tells him he will one day be invincible. He just believes his guidance is best for Anakin's career. Once Anakin awakens as Vader, his old life will be meaningless. "That name no longer applies to me." Darth Vader will be all that is left, and nothing will stop him and the Empire from destroying the Jedi.

Cipher
Anakin must have buried himself in the Darth Vader
persona as a way of shielding himself from his deeds and decisions.
When faced with Luke, he can't deny his past any longer....

I kind of like the theory of Anakin being dependent on Palpatine in the OT.
Destroying the Emperor meant killing himself but it was worth his son's life...

cylob49
Dunno i reckon in the early days vader did fear Palps and was obedient but by the time of discovering about luke that was all out the window

Capt_Fantastic
The way I see it, Vader is too set in his ways to change. His line in ROTJ to Luke: "It is too late for me, my son" implies this. He knows he's a great evil, and that somewhere inside of him Anakin Skywalker is raging against the darkside. But it's no different than the junkie who knows that doing drugs is killing him, but continues to do them. Anakin has a problem...

guiro72
i see it as guilt and self hatred....i'm happy with that, i understand now why he turns completely to the dark, why he refuses to acknowledge his previous persona, and have some sympathy with the character in the ot....the whole saga makes more sense to me now....one of my favourite bits of writing in the prequels so far....

queeq
Yes, he is under Sidious' control.

Cipher
Sidious gives him orders, doesn't he?
Sounds like control to me.....

PVS
sidious=top........vader=bottom
sidious=pappa....vader=momma
sidious=pitcher...vader=catcher
sidious=pimp......vader=ho

any more questions?

Cipher
eek! Geez, you're on a roll today. Everything's graphic with you.......

PVS
nothing graphic there...thats your wicked imagination at work, not mine... wink laughing laughing laughing

Cipher
That's not true....
That's impossible!!!

PVS
search your feelings, you know it be true

<---(awarded for most predictable post of the year)

queeq
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Cipher
Very, very disturbing....

queeq
No it isn't.

Master Kadub
PVS,

Sidious is Vader's new master.....
he follows his commands....this
does not mean that Vader is
afraid of him or not capable of putting
a @$$ whoopin on him....

PVS
you dont know the power of the dark side

i MUST obey my master

Cipher
Geez, I guess being a villian isn't so good after all.......

Does that mean Vader's suit is actually some kind of fetish gear?

whistle

PVS
could be

"vader was seduced by the darkside"

hmmmmmm......

Cipher
hmmmmmm...... indeed.

Keep in mind, during Vader's first (costumed) appearance in Ep. 3, he is strapped to a table. We just can't see Palpatine's whip in the shot......

queeq
I always knew GL had a kinky streak about him...

PVS
kinky is not the word.
incest in ep5 says it all.

GL you sick bearded monkey!

queeq
What about all black armour and robes then. It almost makes you wonder what they wear underneath... ick... on second thought, I don't even wanna go there.

Master Kadub
You guys are weird.....

this has been turned into a fetish thread..... reading

Cipher
Well, it is about dominance and submission........

queeq
Teeeeheeee...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.