Tales Of Symphonia Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

angelicdarkness
Tales of Symphonia is an awesome game!!!!!!!

angelicdarkness
nobody's coming on my thread

waaaahhh!!!!

MirokuKicknVash
TOS RULES!!!!!!

angelicdarkness
Yes, yes it does

MirokuKicknVash
yes yes i do have a.........nvm

angelicdarkness
i still havent beaten it cause ive been busy with a LIFE

im on disc 2 getting a doctor for altessa in flanoir

then i stopped playing

angelicdarkness
The cool thing is though, i beat the sword dancer for the 3rd time already and got a kickass weapon

and im only lvl 61

muhahahahahaha

MirokuKicknVash
im like lvl 21

angelicdarkness
hahahahahaha, weakling

MirokuKicknVash
u wouldnt like me when im angry!!!!!!!! smokin' devil

angelicdarkness
why not?

angelicdarkness
why doesnt anyone come on this thread

dont you people like this game???

angelicdarkness
This game is the shiznit(i cant believe i just said that....)

Mistah DEVIL
I know I am extremely late with this reply, but I had been neglecting my GCN in favor of my PS2. I have to say that I LOVE this game. Prolly bc I am totaolly like Lloyd as far as personalities go. I am stuck though. I am looking for some seal I guess. I have all ready found Aska, but there is someseal I need to find so Sheena can make a pact. I'll prolly just go over to www.gamefaqs.com

TrAnCeDuO
meh........its okay....i have alot of issues with this game...for everyones sake ill not address them. but what i will say is that i was overall not impressed with it. maybe someday ill give the game another look. butright now im too angry at it.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by angelicdarkness
why doesnt anyone come on this thread

dont you people like this game???

I like this game...I just don't like hearing people complain and I care less for their comments in this thread and most other threads.

Wow big deal you're level 61 and beat the third sword dancer...that's kool...if you did that you can easily beat the game...but i'd suggest getting to level 90 something and collect all of the cursed weapons and beat the alternate end boss for the alternate ending for more of a challenge.

JToTheP
I beat the game at like level 50 something, since I had the ultimate weapons for most of my characters I was set very quickly.

I love TOS! big grin

TrAnCeDuO
does anyone have any pics of any of the characters in their alternate costumes?(i HATE the ninja costume for sheena)

Phoenix Aska
well...some costumes are only obtained for selceted people during certain events..(like the beach event.)

JToTheP
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
does anyone have any pics of any of the characters in their alternate costumes?(i HATE the ninja costume for sheena)

Whoever heard of hating a costume of someone's heritage? straight up hater. stick out tongue

JToTheP
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
well...some costumes are only obtained for selceted people during certain events..(like the beach event.)

Then you have to equip the title for the costume, which all of them lower stats.

JToTheP
I like this game...I just don't like hearing people complain and I care less for their comments in this thread and most other threads.

Wow big deal you're level 61 and beat the third sword dancer...that's kool...if you did that you can easily beat the game...but i'd suggest getting to level 90 something and collect all of the cursed weapons and beat the alternate end boss for the alternate ending for more of a challenge.

I really should buy the guide, I never knew of an alternate ending. blink

TrAnCeDuO
Originally posted by JToTheP
Whoever heard of hating a costume of someone's heritage? straight up hater. stick out tongue i HATE that costume! it looks sooo ugly! it transforms sheena from a cute knockout to a painful eyesore! besides she looks so much better in her cute kimono.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by JToTheP
I really should buy the guide, I never knew of an alternate ending. blink

lol

really?

It was posted all over the net when the game first came out for the GC...But that's only if you collect all the cursed weaopns..(which can be more powerful than the ultimate weapons if used most of the time) because their power goes up if you win a battle with them equipped.

JToTheP
lol

really?

It was posted all over the net when the game first came out for the GC...But that's only if you collect all the cursed weaopns..(which can be more powerful than the ultimate weapons if used most of the time) because their power goes up if you win a battle with them equipped.

I had most of them, but some of the cursed weapons never increased in power for me, so I had to stick to the ultimate/strongest weapons I could buy/find.

JToTheP
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
i HATE that costume! it looks sooo ugly! it transforms sheena from a cute knockout to a painful eyesore! besides she looks so much better in her cute kimono.

Uhhh, not at all, sheena's ALWAYS a knockout, and her bikini is the best, aside from her card crushing skillz on my file.

Phoenix Aska
did you ever switch zellos out for Kratos on your team?

JToTheP
No, I stuck with Lloyd, Sheena, Genis, & Raine as much as I could

Phoenix Aska
lol

my team was lloyd, kratos, and presea, or I switched presea out for raine because of her healing techniques depending on the battle...

TrAnCeDuO
i usually used lloyd, colette(the two should always be together), raine, and genis(hes now and then interchangeable with other characters).

Phoenix Aska
I didn't like collete...i found most of the character's voices were annoying too...

TrAnCeDuO
*shrugs* i admit some of her attacks were abit weak but she was just nice to have around i guess.

Phoenix Aska
lol

don't worry..I didn't like using zelos either... I don't know why

TrAnCeDuO
bleh i didnt like kratos or zelos...theyre styles are okay but i prefer lloyd's twin katanas

Beelzebuu
My main team was Sheena, Lloyd, Raine, and Presea. I headly touched anyone else. I'm on my third playthrough. I can't put the game down. I've never beat the 3rd Sword Dancer, but some how I beat Abyssion, who is suppose to be the Ultimate Boss. But, powering up those weapons take to long, I'd rather use the weird weapons you get from Luin.

Pyropsycho
ToS is one of my favorite games.
I'm going for level 255 characters and 9999 damage for Presea's devils arm. ub3rn355.... Its really nice when 5 digit numbers come out when you hit some one. Just imagine the final boss being TKO'd by her beast attack.

Pyropsycho
In battle my favorite characters to use are Presea, Regal, and Sheena. Lloyd is ok but I hate him so much that I rarely use him to fight.

Kiske
Lloyd is the best of them all if you knwo how to use him IMO.
I think of this because there is so many things you pull out of your pocket when you use him in a fight and he is also mobile.
I dont know why so many people are obssessed with Sheena but I took her out for Zelos. And sticking with the same Raine/Genis combo. As well as my player being Lloyd.

Abyssion is the Ultimate boss but not the hardest boss around. You need an 'onslaught' of healing items/and Raine/Genis to withstand his wrath.
Then eventually he will die, it will take a giant chunk of time tho.
And its not worth it anyway, all yuo get is a powered-up Lloyd and all the Devils back and thats a pretty crap EXP reward too.

I never beat the 2nd Sword Dancer my first time through the game, and my second time through i didnt even get the chance to kill the 1st. (i was playing on x2/all the other 50g modifiers except for inheriting time/etc) Overall i never beat level 3, never got the chance i should say.

About the Costumes, this is what im going to cover right now.
They are useless and most of the costumes dont evne look Uber or interesting. They are all ridiculoud and they dont give any level bonuses. The only one i ever liked was Narcissist for Zelos.

Back on the character topic, i'd say Presea beat Sheena. Check out a well-built presea with Beast and you will know what i mean.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Pyropsycho
ToS is one of my favorite games.
I'm going for level 255 characters and 9999 damage for Presea's devils arm. ub3rn355.... Its really nice when 5 digit numbers come out when you hit some one. Just imagine the final boss being TKO'd by her beast attack.

You don't 'level up' your characters.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Kiske
Lloyd is the best of them all if you knwo how to use him IMO.
I think of this because there is so many things you pull out of your pocket when you use him in a fight and he is also mobile.
I dont know why so many people are obssessed with Sheena but I took her out for Zelos. And sticking with the same Raine/Genis combo. As well as my player being Lloyd.

Abyssion is the Ultimate boss but not the hardest boss around. You need an 'onslaught' of healing items/and Raine/Genis to withstand his wrath.
Then eventually he will die, it will take a giant chunk of time tho.
And its not worth it anyway, all yuo get is a powered-up Lloyd and all the Devils back and thats a pretty crap EXP reward too.

I never beat the 2nd Sword Dancer my first time through the game, and my second time through i didnt even get the chance to kill the 1st. (i was playing on x2/all the other 50g modifiers except for inheriting time/etc) Overall i never beat level 3, never got the chance i should say.

About the Costumes, this is what im going to cover right now.
They are useless and most of the costumes dont evne look Uber or interesting. They are all ridiculoud and they dont give any level bonuses. The only one i ever liked was Narcissist for Zelos.

Back on the character topic, i'd say Presea beat Sheena. Check out a well-built presea with Beast and you will know what i mean.

Sheena's spells & physical are incredible if you know how to use her, Zelos is just the parody for Kratos when you can't play as him IMO, and is alot worse.

I didn't need that much healing items, Raine had almost 500 MP, and I kept casting the most powerful healing spells/heal entire party. It only took me 20 minutes to kill him, and yes, it is worth it. Apparently you know nothing of how the game 'levels up' the characters/weapons in this game. I quickly slapped all the Devils' Arms on my 4 characters, and used them in weak battles & slowly moved up, and I was DEVESTATING enemies with battle damage with Lloyd, Raine & Genis, even for them the physical was pretty damn good. I had taken it off Sheena because my Sheena had more powerful Magic then Physical, but not by much more.

I don't see what your babbling about on the EXP reward, when the main reason to fight him is for the Devils' Arms.

With how you've been trying to bash this game, the fact you couldn't beat the 3 Sword Dancers is ironic in my opinion. Your calling so much of everything in this game crap, when you can't even beat 3 of the optional bosses. The 3rd Sword Dancer is NOT that bad if your lucky & know when to heal & have Ethers & time your magic well. The sword you get for Lloyd (I think you get one for him, its been almost a year) is pretty damn good for that mid point of the game.

That's why they are BONUSES & there purely for VISUAL.FACTOR. If they were meant as something serious, the titles it takes to equip them wouldn't lower your stats, they are there purely as bonuses & unlockables to get throughout the game.

Not at ALL. Presea may be the worst character of all. How about you check out LLOYD with ANY Beast & you'll see why Presea is close to useless other then her Physical attack. 'THEN YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.'

Your attempts to bash this game were small & shallow, this is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. Frankly I was tired of the Final Fantasy Fanboys raving about how incredible that series is, and now I'm glad a company has a series to compete with them, I will surely play the other entires of the series now after my incredible experience with Tales Of Symphonia.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Pyropsycho
In battle my favorite characters to use are Presea, Regal, and Sheena. Lloyd is ok but I hate him so much that I rarely use him to fight.

How do you have a team of 3 characters, when you always have to pick 4.

Pyropsycho
I mean the fourth character being Raine or some one else.
And btw, what do you mean by "you don't 'level up' your characters"?

JToTheP
I meant through traditional RPG game level uping, your power increases through other ways rather than just Experience. I worded that poorly because it was early in the morning and I was exhausted.

TwisterGameX
http://neo.t.free.fr/wall/JV/tales_of_symphonia/tales_of_symphonia_06.jpg

TwisterGameX
http://www.clubic.com/photo/00100449.jpg

You have not played an Rpg if you have not played Ff or this game(harvest moon too cough)

Long game too and I got attached to all the characters..to bad my memory card blew up so i didn't get to finish it. It's 2 disks and for a really cheap gamecube...everyone should pick it up..cheap cheap cheap.

Sai1

I'm a bit late for this but what alternate boss do you beat for an alternate ending? Never noticed it had a second ending.

To be consistant with the rest of this thread, my most use team was: Loyd, Pressea, Rifiel, and Genious.

Kayne Archeron
meh, this game had a decent story, but some of the characters got really annoying...

General Kaliero
Zombie thread!!!

There's not an alternate ending. There's an OPTIONAL boss, Abbyssion, who is the hardest enemy in the entire game. Nothing changes the ending.

BrianofXangha
i played and beat thje game like 5 times. i got every wepon for every character and every title, coustume, every move, and all the equipmeny

General Kaliero
ToS is the only game I have besides OoT and SF64 that I've beaten over a dozen times.

Here's hoping ToA has the same element of pure fun-ness. (thankfully, by all accounts, it does)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.