Sub Mariner Vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rag
Being that i am a big Sub Mariner fan and totally hate Batman!

I say that Subby would beat the shit outta Batman and kick his sneaky ass back to the batcave!

Batman has gotta be the most overrated hero in comics!

Anyone agree with me!

Mane
no.

Batman isnt overrated, and yes Namor would squash him.

norrin radd

pr1983
yeah, some of us actually like batman, so stop taking the piss

emraldguardian
Batman is the man I mean he is a normal human that can keep up with the best.

norrin radd

manjaro
no way batman could win. he strives on outsmarting, and outmaneurvering his opponents: finding out thier weakneses and what not, but Namor's only diserneable weakness is someone bigger and stronger than he is, even if he's out of water for an extended period of time

Arachnoidfreak
or that pesky Richards....

xmeat
namor

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
or that pesky Richards....

You are confusing Namor with Doom.

Namor always kicks the ass of Richards.

Beta Ray Howard
Namor would eat Batman alive.

doctorstrongbad
This is not even close. Namor would kill batman, robin, night wing, bat girl, and catwoman. That wouldn't even be a warm up for him. 11/10 Namor.

don't shiv
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You are confusing Namor with Doom.

Namor always kicks the ass of Richards.

anyone who puts the hurting on Richards is O-kay!

Bentley
Spite. Namor buries Batman.

don't shiv
under estimated The Detective.

Namor faces The Bat, The Bat withdraws his Presence.

"who vanishes" and if you don't know by now that The Bat can implode his presence at will you will never know.

And with bat-kick and dash/fade tactics drives Prince Namor billy beserk.

Alfheim
Give the man some prep!

H. S. 6
Spite thread.

And also pathetic.

jasonk3
batman uses the Bat-Kick for the Win

Badabing
How about a Punisher (No prep) vs Aquaman thread next? erm

guy222
Originally posted by rag

I say that Subby would beat the shit outta Batman and kick his sneaky ass back to the batcave!

Anyone agree with me!

namor

Symmetric Chaos
Bats would be killed quite horribly in this fight

With prep for Batman, however, SubMariner dies

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

With prep for Batman, however, SubMariner dies

Please explain, what kinda prep would stop SubMariner? The guy fights the Hulk one on one.

xmeat
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

With prep for Batman, however, SubMariner dies laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Please explain, what kinda prep would stop SubMariner? The guy fights the Hulk one on one.

Assuming he had let's say the wiki article on Sub Mariner I think he'd be able to come up with a way to take him out at least 6/10.

I don't think Batman is stupid enough to fight Namor H2H

LORDSIDIOUS01
NO DOUNT IN MY MIND BATMAN BATMAN

Betageuze
Batman.. is an alltime joke here...

Scoobless
There's only one rule, stay in the li.... no, wait ... I mean, Batman wins.

don't shiv
namor has to make Batman's position first.
Batman has perfected the art of dissappearing at will against
Manhunter , Superman The Millitary + Local Law Enforcement

Namor's strength gives to Batman's stealth, hypersonics and hulk busting Bat-kick

lifeisaglich
Fear the batkick

No! seriously

Metalmanx
Namor eats him.

LORDSIDIOUS01
BATMAN BATMAN

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
BATMAN BATMAN

Dies, dies.

don't shiv
bat kick to the crown jewels

doctorstrongbad
Batman vs any super hero is a joke. NO *human* can beat a *super hero*

Batman can't beat Spider-man, there is no way he is beating Namor.

Namor ftw 20/10

LordFear
this match is a slaughter. Absolute butchery. I mean Bruce is so dead its not even funny here

Badabing
Originally posted by rag

Anyone agree with me!
The thread starter hates Bats. There is no prep for Bats. I may be wrong but this seems like a spite thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

inamilist
Originally posted by Badabing
The thread starter hates Bats. There is no prep for Bats. I may be wrong but this seems like a spite thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

clap

Dreampanther
Batman with prep, sick though a teeny-weeny bit tiring by now, is usually enough to let Batman stand his man with the big red S - unlikely, I know, but that's the way the comics are written.

Therefore, I conclude, that Bats with prep would AT LEAST be able to stand his man against Namor, even though I concede, again, that by all laws of probability it should be unlikely, to say the least.

But Batman, with prep, would probably come up with a concentrated de-humidifier, quickly sapping Namor of his strength, - or, even more likely he would just run to Clark and ask him to come save his sorry butt - hey, a win is a win stick out tongue

Actually, I'm a bit of a Bat fan, so even though I know somebody is gonna try and bite my head off and I'm gonna go ahead and say it: Bats, with prep, has about as much chance as he would have with prep against Superman.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Without prep, he'd be swatted away like a bat hit with a tennis raquet...

don't shiv
stick thin david with catapult and pebble>>>>> Armoured, Armed Alpha Male Goliath, fortified with super strength and bloodthirsty minions.

ripped Bat with advanced tech and sleight of hand>>>>>>>> Alpha male atlantean with super powers

consider this: YOU! unarmed w/o prep or back up, given basic training and Heightened Intelligence, Awareness & Street Smarts can disable the US millitary machine

sad but true.

spetznaz
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Batman vs any super hero is a joke. NO *human* can beat a *super hero*

Batman can't beat Spider-man, there is no way he is beating Namor.

Namor ftw 20/10

The mistake you are making is that you are looking at this from a purely linear (and therefore myopic) perspective.

Batman, as you said, is a human (although some of his feats are not ....although that is probably an inside joke at DC where their 'humans,' eg Batgirl and Batman, regularly pull feats that are anything but). Anyways, Bruce is 'human.'
Consequently there is NO way he can go an engage a superhuman directly.
No way.

However he virtually never does that. You will not see him going toe-to-toe with a meta, or trading blows with a Daxamite, or engaging a blood-lusted Kryptonian head on.

Never.

He will always use some oblique form of engagement that either magnifies his chances of winning, or negates the other character's power sets and attributes. Usually a mixture of both.

Thus it always strikes me as dumb when posters automatically assume that Batman will simply waltz up to Superman, Aquaman, Namor or the Hulk and go into a Gung Fu pose and try the Crane form against them! Or that he will go to WonderWoman, Thor, Namorita or She-Hulk and try to see if a punch will faze them!

That is (pardon the expression) simply dumb!

Batman engages from an oblique angle, capitalizing on the other character's weaknesses or flaws, employing prudent stratagem against the other character and, in essence, turning their very strengths into veritable weaknesses and, consequently, their downfall. A good example of this is when Batman faced Superman in Hush ....it shows how Batman used the powers of Superman against him to great efficacy.

That is what makes Batman special .....the fact that he is human, and through sheer will and ingenuity is able to bring down forces FAR beyond him. This is why of all characters in the JLA Batman is the most 'super' (in some ways he is more of a 'Super Man' than Superman), and this is because he embodies what is great in everyone of us.
The ability to rise up beyond your circumstances and limitations and bring to fruition something that should be 'impossible.' This is what differentiates us from animals by the way .....the ability to reach beyond our limits.

This is one reason, for example, why humans started to use fire, to use tools, to become the most lethal animal (after plasmodium carrying female Anopheles mosquito) on earth, even though we are also one of the weakest, slowest, most fragile.
Yet we regularly killed sloth bears, killed marauding leopards, killed Cape Buffalo that could slaughter an entire village of people. We killed them because of our minds, and because of our will.
Yet in terms of strength and ability we are weaker than virtually all of our animal foes!

In the same way that a hunter will not go and hunt a man-eating Tiger with his bare hands, Batman will not go against Namor with his mere hands!

That would be suicide.

Thus it always strikes me as dumb when people assume that characters like Batman, Black Panther, Midnighter or even people like Doom and Reed will go against characters like the Hulk and Superman head on and hand to hand! While some like Doom 'technically' can (he has been shown going against the Hulk head on), even he wouldn't do so in a KMC-based scenario because there are far easier (and FAR safer) ways to do the same.

It is sheer lunacy to expect a character like Batman (and his analogues in DC and Marvel) to go H2H against truly 'super' characters. They may go h2h against a group of human thugs, but even in such cases Batman normally relies on 'force multipliers' (against thugs, for example, capsules containing disorienting gas, or in the case shown in Hush a database connected to his cowl that enabled him to know the weaknesses of the thugs he encountered. BTW, if he has a database on common thugs that enables him to know that so and so had his ribs splintered some days before, then imagine the files he has on CREDIBLE threats like Superheroes! Consider that he has robust dossiers on most super hero villains, and even has files on his OWN team mates in the JLA).

Anyways, can Batman defeat Namor H2H?

The answer is simple: H#LL NO!

Not in a million years.

HOWEVER, Batman is not the type to go and trade blows with a meta/mutant/super.

don't shiv
Damn Right. Spetznaz.

Dreampanther
Nicely put

spetznaz
Originally posted by don't shiv
Damn Right. Spetznaz.

Actually a good example-question for Dr. Strongbad would be as follows:

a) Imagine if a human went to fight against a Rhinocerous (and the rhino IS trying to kill him). The human has no weapons, and is unprepared.
Who wins?
Answer: The Rhino ....10/10

b) Imagine if the same human goes to fight against the same Rhino (and the beast is still trying to pound him into dust). However this time the human has 'prep' time. He has chosen to lay an ambush is selected terrain (where it is plain for miles and no thickets for the Rhino to hide in), plus he has decided to arm himself with an Elephant gun ....the bloodiest powerful double-barreled rifle he could get his mits on, with bullets the size of frankfurters!).
Who wins?
Answer: Unless the gun jams, the human will absolutely kill the Rhino.

Now, the mistake people like Dr. Strongbad make is that they expect the hunter to go up to a Rhino and try to punch it in the face.
That simply shows how linear his (and others like him) thinking is. The only way from A to C is through B for them.

Yet characters like Batman and the Black Panther are not linear characters. They cannot win if they start exchanging blows with gamma irradiated freaks or Kryptonian brutes! They would die.

However that is not what they are written to be.

The problem is not with Batman ....it is with the thinking of people like Dr. Strongbad. They assume every character is the Hulk (an inherently dumb character, apart from Prof. Hulk, whose main goal in life is simply to hit things and 'smash').

Dreampanther
I like both these characters. I would say Batman for the win with prep, and Namor for the win without.

Mindship
An Amalgam Wave passes over them...and Bat Mariner is born!

Back when the west was full of cur,
There lived a man named Mariner.
Wore ankle wings and cowled hat,
They called him Bat, Bat Mariner.

Let's see how many even know where this is from...

don't shiv
fab fab fluid flow.

re: rhino > human Not.

stand in front of a stampeding rhino at the last, step aside. and watch the juggernaut careen uncontrollably into the undergrowth, jump high jump good, grab a vine and swing to another location . wave arms wildly and shout 2damnloudly.

Rhino completes a messy U-turn and quick recharge, hold position. hold. then leap left and roll away from ground Zero. cover ears as rhino head splits on granite with concussive force.

Works every time big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.