gambit vs cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
without either of them being able to use their powers, who would win?
i'd say gambit, hes more agile and has a staff

pr1983
does gambit have his staff? if so, then he'd win, without it, cyke would win

Maelstrom
Scott is the fighter of the X-men.
Wolverine is the beserker
Gambit is the trickster
Storm is the front
Shadowcat is the thief
Bishop is the cop
Iceman is the calvery
Longshot is the wildcard
In a fight, the fighter throws the knockout shots. The trickster is good at distractions but when he faces one who won't be distracted like Cyke, i think he simply has to try playing dead and hope to get him when he turns away.
Anotherwords, Scott takes the spice out of that chicken! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arachnoidfreak
I would go for Gambit, just because I ****ing hate Cyclops.

pr1983
most people do

Mane
i hate them both. Venom shows up and eats both of their brains.

pr1983
i think cyke and gambit together could beat venom, strength in numbers

Mane
strength in losers? i think not...

crazyspinz
venom would loose to gambit and cykes, but this isnt about them, gambit would take cykes cuz hes got some kick ass stick fighting skills, mutch like me, but im cooler rock

manjaro
even if they were allowed to use thier powers gambit would win, becuase above human agilty and reflexes are a part of his powers, plus he's an acrobat, where as scott is like stand still so i can zap you kind of fighter yeah he has some h2h skills but not on gambit's level

pr1983
Gambit is quite agile yeah, but remember cykes been doin hand to hand training since he joined the xmen, he has to with his power the way it is.

supremthor
very close fight

Black Adam
Gambit is more agile and faster since he can use his powers. It's what allows him to do those things in the first place

With out it he's at the same speed and agility as any other in shape normal human in the MU.

Scott has the smarts,strength,skills.
this goes to Scott.

And when did remy become the master arts Batman type? He picks up some moves here and there but he is defiantly not at cyces level in the hand to hand department.

StyleTime
Originally posted by pr1983
i think cyke and gambit together could beat venom, strength in numbers
Agreed. Cyclops and Gambit would whoop Venom's a**. Someone make a thread on it.

This will go to Gambit because Gambit is allowed to use his staff. Gambit hangs with Blade when he uses his staff.
Originally posted by Black Adam
Gambit is more agile and faster since he can use his powers. It's what allows him to do those things in the first place

With out it he's at the same speed and agility as any other in shape normal human in the MU.

Gambit can amp himself up but he is still above a normal human in speed and agility. Remember when he played Wolverine in a basketball game? No powers were allowed but Gambit was still flipping all over the place. It was then stated that Gambit may have increased physical attributes even without his powers.
Scott has the smarts,strength,skills.
this goes to Scott.

Smarts goes to Scott. Strength is actually equal or it goes to Gambit. Throwing cards threw metal takes more strength than pressing a button to open a visor.

And when did remy become the master arts Batman type? He picks up some moves here and there but he is defiantly not at cyces level in the hand to hand department.
Remy isn't as skilled as Batman in hand to hand. Neither is Cyclops.

spideycarnage
very well put ^^^

gambit wins. he's also cooler than cycl

LordKaos
Without powers Gambit is normal in terms of strength, speed and agility, he controls kinetic energy so one can assume that heightened physical abilities are a side affect of his power to turn potential energy into kinetic. The no powers rule applies to active powers otherwise Wolverine wouldn't be able to play as his powers are always on.

StyleTime
Originally posted by LordKaos
Without powers Gambit is normal in terms of strength, speed and agility, he controls kinetic energy so one can assume that heightened physical abilities are a side affect of his power to turn potential energy into kinetic. The no powers rule applies to active powers otherwise Wolverine wouldn't be able to play as his powers are always on.
Wolverine didn't really use his powers. He never got hurt to heal. Once again, was doing above normal things when he played the game. Wolverine couldn't keep up with him. We don't actually know if Gambit's agility during the game was a side effect of the kinetic control or not. Why should we assume so?

Sixth_Winged
Cyclops, as fast and as agile as gambit is, he just couldn't escape something that would blanket the entire area in his direction and certainly couldn't throw his cards and charge it faster than scott could shoot.

StyleTime
Sixth_Winged, this is no powers man. It's just a melee fight. lol

Sixth_Winged
It's not? ok my bad. I'll give this to remy then simply because of his staff and better agility. W/o those, it'll be a lot closer since cyclops can deal and kick the crap out of 6 men with his eyes shut.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.