Thor vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rag
Since Batman has beaten Superman so many times.
How does the overrated dark knight match up against the thunder god?

pr1983
batman aint overrated, but man to man thor beats him

Mr_Famous
How could Batman possibly beat Thor?

Linkalicious
he's smart...he'd probably find a way. Atleast that's what DC writers would think...

pr1983
laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
Batman can beat Superman because Superman has an exploitable weakness, you know, that little green rock. To beat Thor, you basically have to pummel him into unconciousness, something Batman will never be able to do.

What a mismatch.

Mane
agreed.

vitaldragon
Is this a joke? Thor, the God of thunder, against Batman, a guy in tights with a utility belt...

crazyspinz
bats beats supes cuz bats has kryptonite, and usualy i say bats would some how find a way, but there is no possible way bats could pull this one off

crazyspinz
thor sees bats, bats sees thor, bats throws batarang, thor catches and eats baterang, batman wets himself, thor beats bats with hammer, thor takes a nap

Mr_Famous
Why does someone always take a nap at the end....? lol

Wynndar
yep Bats did beat supes which makes this a very viable thread

pr1983
no it doesnt, unless thor has some weakness that bats can exploit, and in my ignorance i cant see one

emraldguardian
When did he beat Superman???

who?-kid
Stupid thread and complete mismatch. Batman has virtually no chance against somebody who can stand up against Hulk any day, who has access to magic and who has no special weaknesses.

Linkalicious
Bats beat the Hulk as well.....

Crossover comics are so full of crap...

pr1983
most of the time id agree with u, but the bat/hulk one was done well enough to be believable i thought. he just used his intelligence to good effect, he didnt try to fight the hulk, hed have to be stupid to do that.

who?-kid
If you're talking about the fight where Batman "lured" the Hulk into some room filled with dangerous gasses, and then he punched (yeah right) the Hulk so that the Hulk was surprised, opened his mouth and inhaled the gasses ?

When I'm depressed, I like to think of this "classic battle" and before you know it, I'm feeling happy again, ready to take on the world big grin. That was such a laughable fight.

pr1983
that part was stupid yes, i meant how he convinced hulk to join him to defeat the bad guy

wrathofachilles
Batman beat Superman? When the hell did this happen? I know of the kryptonite issue, but that's not a fight, ergo that's not 'Batman defeating Superman'. Alfred could 'defeat' Superman if he's holding kryptonite. How the hell can you actually consider that 'beating'? As for Batman defeating Hulk, again, what the hell?? I didn't read that crossover, but if he lured the Hulk into a gas-filled room, that's not beating him. That's an ambush. It's also incredibly cowardly. No wonder I've always hated Batman. Thor wouldn't fight Batman anyway, he'd hit him once to knock him out and say something like 'thou arest a noble warrior, Thor shall not fightst thee. Sleep noble bat-warrior.'

crazyspinz
never mind this post, rag was being stupid, hes restricted now and this should have been closed

lifeisaglich
Batman beating Thor is not that far off. Give him the time to study and he will come up with something to defeat him. In the current legends of the vikings. Loki got some thing to kill one of the viking gods. From some dark person. but there are other ways to getting the desired effect without killing. So if is just a chance meeting then by all means batman can not win. (I do not like this sentence) But giving him the chance to do research he is coming out with a win. You see people with magic there is always a way to counter its effects.
Xena took out all of the olympic gods. except zues and slapped aroung the vicking gods. It wasn't becasue she was strong it was becasue she had something to help her.

lifeisaglich
Just because your holding a kryptonite in your hand doesn't mean you are going to beat superman. You need to find a way of cleverly using it and by the way what are you going to do when he freezes you.

who?-kid
No, when Batman has the chance to do some research, he has a - small - chance to win. There's a hell of a difference between studying your opponent and actually fighting (or beating) him.

I thought it was because the series are crap stick out tongue .

wrathofachilles
Xena beat the gods because she was sleeping with the producer. THAT'S what helped her.

Loki tricked a god into killing Baldr, but the fact remained: it was gods against gods. Batman can study all he likes, he's not coming away with a victory unless Thor is too drunk to stand up straight. Batman is the most over-rated hero in the history of comicdom.

lifeisaglich

sorry but the facts is that Xena still beat the crap ot he Olympian gods and slapped around the vikings gods. Even if she slept with the producer she still did here job without any help from the producer.

SO you see with magic the there is always something to counter act its effects. so there. A chance meeting then by all means batman can not win but give him his time then Thor is as good as beat.

sure it was god against god but the fact still remains Xena is no god but she kicked there are butts when they stood in her way. She took care of the Valkyries and there flying horses and kicked the butt of the head god.

OH i think ??? that god who died, was killed by a tooth pick which means that any human could have taken it to him and killed him

crazyspinz
i thought all of rags godly character vs batman threads where closed, guess not sad

wrathofachilles
Xena is not real.....I don't know how to respond to that first paragraph. Xena did not 'beat the crap out of the Olympians' anyway. She only fought Athena, and she lost until Ares gave up his immortality. Hades caught himself on fire, Poseidon disintegrated for no reason, and Xena threw an arrow that happened to kill Artemis, that's not a fight. Eris and Deimos were weak characters anyway. She didn't fight the Viking gods except for Odin, and they didn't even show that fight, just a bunch of groans and then an exhausted Odin walking down the mountain. Incredibly weak storylines.

As for Baldr, no, he was not killed with a 'toothpick;' Baldr was killed by Hodr when Loki tricked him into throwing a mistletoe spear at him. Baldr could not be killed by any weaponry in Asgard except mistletoe. You need to learn your myths if you're going to spout off about the weaknesses of the Olympians and the Asgardians. Fact is, Olympians cannot be killed. Rober Tapert simply got bored with that storyline and wanted to have Xena fight Lucifer and Michael and all sorts of other things way out of her league just because he was screwing her and wanted to make her more of a bad-ass than she was.

lifeisaglich
B]quote from who-kid

No, when Batman has the chance to do some research, he has a - small - chance to win. There's a hell of a difference between studying your opponent and actually fighting (or beating) him.

When have you known batman not to pull threw when his life is on the line. or when he is serious danger. I would like to know where you got your own series of the batman comics. If you don't mind.

So you thought the Xena series were crap who-kid. Well I am sorry because the Xena series are still being shown in Oprah's channel.
so stick out tongue to you Happy Dance

wrathofachilles
Oprah has a channel? Oh Jesus.

Xena was the greatest show on television for 3 seasons. Then it became not only the worst show on television, it became a crime to television. If the producers/writers of that series are reading this, two things: 1, what the hell is wrong with you, go do something productive! and 2, I'm going to see to it that you burn in Tartaros for eternity.

lifeisaglich
thor or batman or any other comic characters are not real either what's your point.
Towards the end when every gods were after Xena's baby what do you think happen Xena was riding off and kicking the living daylights out those gods. And Aries sacrifice his god hood to save either Xenas' daughter or Gabriell.
And yes xena got back up and kick that goddess ass because she was pissed. and he had those ring boomerang things that could wound a god. and she had taken some herbs to help in against the gods.

lifeisaglich

With her billions of dollars I do see that as a possibility

But the fact still remains those 3 season where the best from start to finish. And you your self proved it If there were not that great then why did you watch it. And please to don't tell me you did not have anything better to do. Because I have heard them all.

Bob the producers already have their money 1 they are rich and 2 they are still getting money off the rerun on oprah's channel.

wrathofachilles
I watched it because I'm a Classicist and I love Greek mythology. They took that out, thus I hated the show. And again, she did not 'beat her ass.' Athena was the one doing the ass beating, and then Xena stabbed her while she was lying on the floor beaten and Athena laughed because Eve had died, but then she felt pain and realized ARES *not Aries* had sacrificed his immortality; thus she died. She didn't kick any ass besides Hephaistos, and even that was ridiculous. You actually think that was a good storyline, to kill off the entirety of the setting of your main character? I suppose you think it was 'cool' that she fought the freaking Archangel Michael too I imagine?

wrathofachilles
The 'boomerang' thing was called a chakram. And it could hurt a god because 'The One God' *Yahweh evidently* had granted her the power to do so.

who?-kid
The Olympian gods Xena "beat" or nowhere as strong, impressive or durable as the Olympians of Marvel.

And Thor vs Batman : shortest fight ever.

HarmonicFlo88
o hel yea, thor would own

JuggernautFan
stop comparing xena to dc/marvel. thats just as bad as DBZ. if this were a poll, my vote would go to thor. i dont think batman has the resources/power to defeat thor.

lifeisaglich
I am not comparing Xena to DC/marvel. I am just using it as at example a reference if you will.

I said if this is a chance meeting then batman can not win but give him time he will have something to put down Thor. I mean black panther has plans to take down Thor should Thor ever try to interfere with his business.

And from your own word's "i dont think batman has the resources/power to defeat Thor." Batman does not care about power now resources that is were the money is. Which means if Thor was in the Jla universe the batman would have plans to taking him down.

lifeisaglich
Listen Xena did not beat those gods because she was stronger than them. She beat them because of what she had, her equipment. And if you bring any of the Olympians of marvel the outcome will still be the same

QUOTE]I suppose you think it was 'cool' that she fought the freaking Archangel Michael too I imagine?
Bob I did not like it when she was fighting Archangel Michael and was wining. That has never been right to me.

[
No and besides isn't that what you do when you series is about to end to you?

So do I, I also like greek mythology.

She died, from the stab wound given by Xena. And even if Xena did not stab her Athena would have just been human now. Which means that Xena would have still beaten her.

wrathofachilles
A: the Olympians of Marvel are not written by Rob Tapert, ergo the result would be the exact opposite. Besides that, she did NOT win because of her 'equipment', she won because Yahweh gave her the power to kill gods. Did you even see the damn show?

B: Hercules got the crap kicked out of him by Michael, and Hercules beat Xena, yet Xena somehow has the ability to keep Michael on his toes? If that's not evidence the producer was sleeping with her, I don't know what is, lol.

C: The series was not about to end. It went on another two seasons.

D: She died because Ares gave up his immortality., but Athena won the fight. Xena stabbed her after she got her ass kicked, she just thrust her sword into Athena as she was standing over Xena.

lifeisaglich
Quote from wrathofachilles
D: She died because Ares gave up his immortality., but Athena won the fight. Xena stabbed her after she got her ass kicked, she just thrust her sword into Athena as she was standing over Xena.

How would Ares giving up his immortality kill athena. Did Ares die after he gave up his immortality No. Athena died because she got stabbed from XENA before Ares gave up his immortality.

: Hercules got the crap kicked out of him by Michael, and Hercules beat Xena, yet Xena somehow has the ability to keep Michael on his toes? If that's not evidence the producer was sleeping with her, I don't know what is, lol.

For your information Hercules never fought Angel Micheal. He fought but the four horse men of apocalypse. And that wasn't a fight. Becasue no one can truely stand against those guys.

Quote fromwrathofachilles

A: the Olympians of Marvel are not written by Rob Tapert, ergo the result would be the exact opposite. Besides that, she did NOT win because of her 'equipment', she won because Yahweh gave her the power to kill gods. Did you even see the damn show?

Do know who Yahweh is? Yahweh is the same Indian god she got her boomerang things from. Correct me if I am not correct. She did win, we know that if the episode would have been in two part Xena would have come out on top. And by the she did. And yes her equipment played a major part whether you like it or not.

wrathofachilles
Yes I know. That's my point. Xena stabbed her and it had no effect. Thus without Ares, Xena would have been killed by Athena as she was already beaten and lying on the floor. Anyone can shove a sword into someone's stomach as they're sprawled out on the floor.

He didn't 'fight' Michael because any time he tried to attack him Michael tossed him around like a rag doll with his 'telekinetic' powers. So 'technically' it's not a fight, it's just evidence that Michael far outclasses Hercules.

You don't know who Yahweh is? He's the God in the Judaeo-Christian religion. The Indian god she met was Krishna, who is not actually a god but an avatar of Vishnu. They are not boomerangs, they are chakrams, call them what they are. The chakram could kill a god, but she was not powerful enough to take on the Olympians without the 'god-killing power' imbued into her by Yahweh. Her equipment meant nothing without the power. Any god can dodge or deflect the chakram, that's exactly what Hades and a couple of the others ones did. However, with Yahweh's power, all Xena had to do was graze them and they died, except for Athena because she was so nimble Xena couldn't do much until she finally stabbed her.

lifeisaglich
Quote form wrathofachilles
Yes I know. That's my point. Xena stabbed her and it had no effect. Thus without Ares, Xena would have been killed by Athena as she was already beaten and lying on the floor. Anyone can shove a sword into someone's stomach as they're sprawled out on the floor.

Which means it has always been Xena's intension to kill her. Seeing that she very skilled I did not see that as an accident.
Hercules did not fight Angel Micheal.... The person you are think of is Ares.

First off xena did not get the power to kill gods from Yahweh or any Judaeo- Christian religion. She got the power to kill gods because of her daughter. When she was being baptised the purity of her soul gave Xena the power to kill gods. Not Yahweh.

The scientific name are called chakrams but the common name is boomerang when you it, it comes back to you. It s a boomerang only with a different name. And she did not get the power to kill gods from Yahweh. Her daughter gave it to her.

And this explains allot because you see Xena was giving the final blow to Athena when her daughter died so Athena was in fact relived but Ares BROUGHT BACK HER DAUGHTER FROM THE GRAVE THUS RESTORING XENA'S gOD KILLING POWERS.

Xena killed the gods who tried to kill her daughter. And the reason why they had her do this was because people where entering an era that did not need to believe in allot gods. But believe in only one.

you see this has all been leading to what I have been saying that with magic there is always something to counter its' effects. And there are 6 seasons of Xena not four or what ever number you suggested.

Now can we get back to the true topic?

Paola
^ what he said

wrathofachilles
I'd love to get back to the topic Paola, but this guy is very ignorant in his claims and he needs to be informed of the facts.

You have not seen the show if you not realize the obvious facts.

1. Yes I know Xena's intention. That doesn't detract from her losing the hand-to-hand combat and then stabbing her. If not for Ares, she would have been killed. Fact.

2. Ares fought the Horsemen. Watch the episode again *or at all.* Hercules tried to fight Michael. He attacked him several times and was tossed aside each time. Fact.

3. Yahweh gave the god-killing power to Xena that was active AS LONG AS Eve was alive. Her soul is not 'pure,' a notion explained throughout the entire series. Her baptism by Eli was through Yahweh. Fact. Do you honestly know nothing about religion or cosmology? Jesus *pardon the pun* that's just pathetic.

4. It is not the 'scientific' name. Boomerang is an aborigine word from Australia. Chakram is a Sanskrit word from India. Two entirely different objects. Fact. Where the hell do you get your mind-numblingly dumb remarks from? 'Scientific name' Jesus!

5. Again, her daughter gave her nothing. Her daughter was the object through which Xena was allowed to kill gods. Eve was the next prophet of Yahweh. If she's dead, she cannot spread the word of the 'One True God' as called by the series: that is Yahweh to the educated individual. Thus she needed to be alive for Xena to be successful in ending the Olympian reign.

The rest of your babbling is opinion that cannot actually be refuted by facts, so I'll let you think what you like. What is fact is that Xena could not defeat the Olympians on her own, without the god-power from Yahweh. Watch the first two seasons of the show where she is whipped senseless by Ares before Ares falls in love with her and kisses her ass. You really need to stop being a 'fanboy' and be an educated viewer in the religions and mythologies of the cultures. It's not all your fault; I blame Tapert and Co. for their piss-poor job of explaining to the uneducated viewer how things were. Nevertheless, you don't have the right to spout off your mistaken opinion without knowing the facts ahead of time. Go read a mythology book before you play in the big leagues.

NOW we may get back to topic. Thor wins, no contest.

lifeisaglich
ha ha ha ha HAHAHAHAHAH
yOU have finally come to your sences. What you just said is all what I have been saying but only you twisted my words into your own. If it was yahweh then they would have said so in the bios and in that episode it self but did they? if Yahweh was present I would have aggreed with you a long time ago. I am not ignorant here bub is you. You believe Yahweh I believe one true God. What is the defference?
And Eve not Yahweh gave the god killing power to Xena. As long as Eve was alive then Xena could kill those gods. And please I know more than you can possibly comprehend. Listen watch the series again if you like but it will not change the fact that Xena got her god killing powers from Eve. Yahweh may have blessed Eve but it was through Eve that Xena got her god killing powers.
And Xena was not loseing, as she was giving the final blow that was when Eve died thus taking her god giving powers away. But Ares saved her by BRINING EVE BACK TO LIFE THUS RESTORING XENA'S gOD KILLING POWERS. Lets think about this if Xena got her god killing powers from Yahweh as you said would it have mattered if Eve died. No becasue her power would be from Yahweh directly. And all my blabbing are true facts, to help you season five, season finaly. (Xena did kill all the olumpian gods) except Zeus hercules killed him.

A boomerang is a boomerang even if it as a different name.
I am sorry but I have to go. Pronto.

Linkalicious
if Thor is away from his hammer for a significant enough time...doesn't he turn back into a mortal? or was that only for Masterson?

If it was that way for Thor, then I'd say Batman would win. I can almost guarentee that Batman would figure out a way to prevent Thor from re-obtaining his hammer. Afterall, Batman is the protagonist answer to Dr. Doom. He's always prepared.

but I'm pretty sure the hammer isn't what makes the man, so I would say Thor wins...no matter what.

YourBiggestFan
you know it gets kind of old how people keep saying "he will find a way" for batman.. Thor could throw his hammer at batman and end it in 1 shot, Batman has kryptonite? it doesnt matter if superman flies 200 feet away from batman in less than a second and uses his heat vision or whatever, its over, for the hulk can just jump on batman and crush him in a second!. If Superman had the same intelligence as batman, he would be unbeatable, right? since he would find a way(bullshit!) thats just one of those things DC add so people think Batman is not a weakling human compared to the other Heroes in power. Soooooo Thor over Batman, w/o thor breaking a sweat.

Linkalicious
and then how do you explain Dr. Doom?

he's a "weakling human" who ALWAYS manages to find a way...so is he "bullshit" ???

wrathofachilles
What? That's exactly what you said? Are you mentally deficient or just high when you're typing this? You actually obtain your information from website 'bios'? Jesus you're dumber than I gave you credit for.

They cannot use the name Yahweh as it is forbidden in the Jewish religion to say the name of God--I am not Jewish, ergo my reason for doing so. I am in no way disrespecting the Jews, I am simply trying to pound it into your empty skull the facts behind the storyline. Yahweh IS the One True God. Eli is Elijah, the Hebrew prophet. One would know this if they knew a damn thing about religion. You do not. I'm tired of repeating myself, I might as well be talking to a three year old, I'd get better reaction from it. The One True God gave Xena her powers, not Eve. Eve was an infant, she could not 'give' Xena anything. She was the catalyst. Look up the word sport. Her death meant the god-killing powers were dispelled.

Oh, and Xena did NOT kill all of the Olympians. She killed Athena, Artemis, Hephaistos, Hades, and *maybe* Poseidon--that was unclear. Deimos and Eris are not Olympians. The gods she did not kill were Ares, Aphrodite, Apollo, Hermes, and Dionysus (or Hestia, but she was replaced as an Olympian by Dionysus). Yes Zeus killed Hera and Hercules killed Zeus *completely ridiculous as Olympians cannot be killed anyway* but half the Olympians were not even included in the war.

This is why people like you need to just go off and kill yourself. You have absolutely no purpose in life if you cannot admit when you are ignorant of something. A boomerang is NOT the same thing as a chakram. One comes from Australia, one comes from India. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DUMBASS. Spare me your inane rambling and cease posting. You have nothing to contribute in this regard.

wrathofachilles
Thor is not attached to Masterson anymore. Being away from his hammer has no effect any longer. In fact, he doesn't rely on Mjolnir nearly as much as he used to; besides, Batman cannot lift Mjolnir, so I doubt he'd find a way to keep Thor away from it. He could lock it up in a vault yeah, but Thor could break it down.

who?-kid
Yeah, but Doom is way smarter than Batman, is stronger thanks to his armor, more dangerous thanks to his armor and even more strongwilled than Batman.

And still Doom gets his ass kicked from time to time. He is not invincible.

Back to the subject : why do people continue to let Batman fight extremely powerful characters he just can't beat ? Is this to prove Batman really is "The Man" ?

Thor is too much for Batman too handle. Everybody may quote me on that.

Linkalicious
yah, but he's still a "weak human"

hey Who-Kid...can you help me out with something.

When does Thor become King Thor....and when does he get the Odin Force?

I'm gonna get those comics (and the ones leading up to them) but I'm having a hard time finding which issues he does it in.

who?-kid

Linkalicious
so where are you from?

and thanks anyways. I only asked you because I knew you'd be able to help me out...

I thought it was THAT comic book because of the cover...and I was right. I just didn't get a Plot Synopsis from milehighcomics.com when I was looking for stuff like that.

It wasn't THAT long ago...

who?-kid
Hey, you're right, it dates from 2001 somebody tells me (don't know if he's right though).

I really really thought the storyline was older. Thank Odin I didn't bet.

Linkalicious
i have to say....i hate the dialog in Thor comics...but he's always getting into some of the best adventures.

I believe that comic is from Thor Volume 2. And the way i could guess that it was that comic instead of other comics is because all the Thor comics after that say

The Mighty Thor Lord of Asgard

the Lord of Asgard part is new. I also saw a Thor vs. Gladiator comic. That would probably be a good match up to see.

lifeisaglich
The Good thing about the Internet is that you can find almost anything. Like pictures to up and coming movies or movie scripts that is after the move it self has come to pass.

The transcript to the season finale number five. Just the part that would end this once and for all. And feel free to investigate.HAHAHA

"Xena, you can kill gods! How is that possible?!"

X: "While Eve was being initiated, I was visited by a spirit.
He said that Eve's cleansing-- gave me the power to kill gods."

G: "What do you mean? What kind of spirit?"

X: "It was sent by the archangel, Michael."

G: "Michael?"

X: "He said that Eve would prepare the way for the rule of the
God of love."

Is Archangel Micheal Yahweh because I am confused. I rest my case. And to prove I did not make this up http://www.whoosh.org/epguide/trans/522trans.html

(This is why people like you need to just go off and kill yourself. You have absolutely no purpose in life if you cannot admit when you are ignorant of something. A boomerang is NOT the same thing as a chakram. One comes from Australia, one comes from India. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DUMBASS. Spare me your inane rambling and cease posting. You have nothing to contribute in this regard.)

I am smart to know when I am wrong and bub I am not wrong.

If the world was left with people as smart as you, there will be no world to come home to.A boomerang by any other name whether separated by continents, space and time is still just a boomerang) You throw it comes back to you. Or isn't this what the Chakram does. and you can take that to the bank.
smile

lifeisaglich
Batman can never dream to defeat Thor but in this case He
needs one of his patented prep time. And research before he can go after thor because I do not see him winning in a chance meeting.

wrathofachilles
Talk about saying exactly what I said. The spirit is what Xena was visited by, the spirit sent by Michael from the power of Yahweh. Yahweh doesn't do anything on his own, he sends his emissaries. Iolaus discussed this in the Hercules episode. Do you not understand that Michael is a Judaeo-Christian figure and acts as the right-hand man of Yahweh? Eve's cleansing allowed Xena to have the god-killing powers, because Yahweh gave her that power! Like I said, Eve was the OBJECT through which Xena was given her powers BY Yahweh. Point of interest sport: if Eve was the one who GAVE Xena her powers, why was it taken from her by Yahweh during her fight with Michael? Again, they don't use his name, but intelligent people realize who that happens to be.

As for the chakram, obviously you're not understanding the fundamental differences in the objects. A boomerang isn't the term defined by 'an object which when thrown comes back to you', a boomerang is ONE OF THE OBJECTS that fits that description. A chakram is another one. They are weapons, not definitions. It's like saying a a sword and a spear are the same thing because they're both weapons that are used via thrusting or stabbing. Would you claim that?

wrathofachilles
Enlighten me as to this; are you a Buddhist, Hindu, or Muslim? If you are, then forgive me for assuming you should know that Yahweh is a name for God. If you are a Judaeo-Christian, then it's just pathetic that you are ignorant of this name. There's no excuse for that.

lifeisaglich
My goal was to show you that Xena got her powers from Eve. Not from Yahweh. Yahweh blessed her but Yahweh did not give Xena the god killing powers. Eve did becasue through her that Xena got them. That is all. And I am not a Judaeo-Christian, are they mormons

wrathofachilles
No, again you don't get it. Is English not your first language or something? It IS through Eve that Xena GOT her powers, but Eve did not GIVE her the powers. Yahweh GAVE her the powers. Eve doesn't have the capability to give her anything. It's like getting a paycheck. Your boss hands you the envelope, but it comes from the company you work for, not your boss.

Mormons are *arguably* a part of the Judaeo-Christian religion. You don't know what Jews and Christians are? Are you from this planet? Even non-Jews or non-Christians KNOW what they are.

lifeisaglich
Yahweh gave who the power Eve or Xena?
And it is a simple question are Judea-Christians Mormons. Simple answer of yes or no would do.

and check that site I posted just for you wrathofachilles

wrathofachilles
Xena. Eve didn't have any power to kill gods.

It is NOT a simple question. It's simple that you should know who Judaeo-Christians are yeah, but Mormons are an odd group. They are an offshoot of the Christian religion but they believe in numerous deities. Please don't tell me you don't know 'Jewish' and 'Christian.'

The site of the dialogue of the episode? I don't need to, I know what occured. You have to understand what was said, not state it. The producers hope that the audience knows who Michael and 'The One God' are, apparently they overestimated some.

lifeisaglich
You are making my laugh, I said that it was through Eve that Xena got her power to kill gods. In turn Eve gave the power to Xena . And my friend I just proved it.

I never never say that Eve could kill gods.

You do not need to see the web page becasue you already know what happen. Well I am sorry to tell you but Your knowledge is laking. Would it kill you to refresh your memory. GO to the site. And end this

Irish Wolverine
When was the Batman/Hulk crossover and what was it called?

wrathofachilles
No, you didn't say that sport. You said that Eve was the one that gave Xena her powers. It doesn't work that way: Xena gets her powers BECAUSE of Eve. I'm tired of debating something with you when I don't think you even understand the English I'm speaking. I don't know what language is your primary one, but I highly doubt even speaking in that would get through to you. Someone who doesn't know the Judaeo-Christian religion is someone who isn't intelligent enough to be having this discussion. It ends here.

No idea about the Batman/Hulk crossover Irish.

Paola
"Thor vs Batman" or I'll close it!

wrathofachilles
Grr. Yes ma'am, as thou wishest.

Thor!

MERCILOUS
No batman doesn't have a chance. But I like ot be blissful and think that he does. I think the reason for all these "Batman vs. god-like creature" threads is that Batman represents what we all aspire to be. We all want Batman to win because if he can do it then it means we have a chance. Sure he doesn't stand a chance but if there's just one way... You get what i'm saying? Frankly i'm a little appauled at your lack in beleif in the human spirit. If Batman had to fight Thor and had a time to prepare he'd try absolutley everything a human could possibly try. This is what we expect of Batman and it is what most people would like to expect of themselves. If i had Batman's assets, his training, his cool car, I'd like to think I could find a way, no matter how impossible it might seem. I think underestimating Batman, is like underestimating yourself.

JuggernautFan
well said mercilous. but batman still woulnt win smile

Tron
Word.

I'm surprised this thread has actually gone on this long, lol.

Havoc470
i dont know why people talk of batman in direct correlation with actual humans, i think some people just like him more because its about as close as they'll get to a super-hero and its really just delusions of granduer, everyone at least once in their life think of aspiring to something great, but theres a saying "anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" and thats usually the case with people i've known or read about that are multi-talented

of course this is all from my point of view

lightaxe
yea mercilous i see your point but i couldnt beat thor either.

wrathofachilles
Actually I don't want to aspire to be Batman, lol. I can't stand him. I would much rather aspire to be Thor. wink

eleveninches
If its Thor as he was at the end of thor:dissassembled, then he would win with ease. He might very well be able to do so otherwise as well.

MERCILOUS
Well there's no accounting for bad...I mean different taste.

Havoc470
so bad taste is wanting to be thor a norse god rather than some "human" character that has nothing human about him at all, except that he's carbon-based?

if so then i have bad taste also

wrathofachilles
What do you mean 'might?' It's not a contest. The ONLY way Thor would lose is if he turned back to Don Blake. Oh wait, he's not attached to Don Blake anymore. Batman does not stand any chance whatsoever.

And Mercilous, I'll agree with the bad taste part, lol, but I don't aspire to be like Batman because I sort of already am. Sure I don't dress up in a stupid costume and go gallavanting around the city at night, I don't have a cool car, and I'm not a billionaire, but I'm an angry, dark, bitter SOB who thinks he's above the law. Man, I'd rather have the money and the car....

Havoc470
that sounds like punisher or wolverine also heheh

wrathofachilles
Well I hate guns and I like to bathe, so...lol.

lifeisaglich
Come now I though it would be obvious by now
People connect with the batman because of the people he lost and they really really like him because of the stuff he as accomplished.

but I'm an angry, dark, bitter SOB who thinks he's above the law. Man, I'd rather have the money and the car.

The reason why people like the batman is because he does things morally and physically that people like ourselves cannot do. We would rather have the money than revenge. Something you my friend just proved.

Havoc470
and batman has both...

lifeisaglich
Batman has both morality and phyque

Evangel94
There is flat out nothing batman could against thor. This is the unarguable undeniable truth.

Thor wins.

wrathofachilles
Actually that doesn't really work. I would much rather have the capability of exacting revenge, but I do not. Why? Because I'm not above the law. Batman is 'above the law' in the aspect that they can't catch him and/or his money is a fail-safe. When you're a multi-billionaire you don't answer to the same laws as average people. Personally I'd much rather have the right to quench my vengeance, but I don't have the means to do so.

lifeisaglich
By the way in case you did not know every superhero in the dc is above the law. Whether batman had money or did not have any money that alone would not have made any difference. He would still be above the law.

Actually it does work why he parents were killed in front of his eyes instead of becoming one of the most brutal serial killers, or go insane (case in point the punisher) he chose however to compose himself and be one of the best crime fighters there is.

And I believe this was from you. You state that you would rather have the money than the revenge.

And given time to do his work batman can take down any body just asked darksied

Havoc470
are you referring to the micheal turner/jeph loeb batman/superman comic?

Ka1n
its pretty lame to compare them together
its obviously that Thor going to win this one

wrathofachilles
No, I said I'd rather have the money than being a bitter, angry SOB. That's different from revenge. And many of the other heroes have a respect for the law, above it or not. Batman doesn't.

Lol, what exactly did Batman do to Darkseid? Superman has difficulty, but Batman happens to find a way to beat him? Brilliant writing. Nevertheless, Thor does not have weaknesses. He can destroy Batman before Wayne has a chance to get near him. The only way Batman could 'take him down' is if he managed to get Odin on his side.

who?-kid
Oh no, run, the old and feared "prep-time argument" strikes back scared.

Swanky-Tuna
He says Batman has this motherbox dealie which makes a forcefield around him. It allowed Batman to not die at the hands of Darkseid I guess. That was his big secret weapon that he said he'd use to murder Ironman if the EMP didn't work.

lifeisaglich
But I'm I lying? just read
Ask Havoc470 and you would see.
Batman set up so that darksied would not kill him and it worked and on top of that he now has a wide variety of weapons from Apocalypse, Kryptonian, New gods tech, and tanagarian tech (Star crossed anyone)

I said give him time, this is Thor who?-kid big grin, not some deathstroke wanna be. I did not say to go punch thor in his sleep that would not even work for crying out loud. laughing

Batman has respect for the law. He might not show it the way others do but you can see commissioner gordon as a close friend, and how he has worked with harvey dent, and his partner.

Wrathofachilles said and I quote

Wrahtofachilles you wrote (Man, I'd rather have the money and the car.)

And I agree with you we would rather have the money than go out for revenge. And mostly spend our lives going to one therapy session to the next. And I am not saying that revenge is a good choice either. (And darksied is a god (Please do not raost me smile go check it out))

Swanky-Tuna
Happened in a cartoon anyone?

lifeisaglich
Starcrossed yes

AfricanLion
In an infinite universe anything is possible. Even pigs having wings and bacon flying. Therefore, since anything is possible, it is (very, very remotely) possible that Batman might beat Thor.

But, I refer you to the X-Men movie:

Storm: Do you you know what happens to a toad when lightning strikes it?
The same thing that happens to anything else...

My vote goes to Thor.

I am a big Batman fan, and will always be, but a mere mortal (or puny human, as our giant green friend would say) against the God of Thunder?

Come on... smokin'

wrathofachilles
Why do people quote me? I know what I said. I mean I'd rather have the money and the car than be a bitter angry SOB. That doesn't mean I'd rather have money than have the RIGHT to go out for revenge. Besides, I was being facetious and personally I'd rather have both since this is a completely make-believe situation. As for my therapy, that's a different debate. What does this have to do with Thor vs. Batman anyway...

Havoc470
nothing, it kind of splintered out into that convo somewhere in the last page i think heheh

by the way a toad getting struck by lightning would simply die, where as ray park is contracted for another xmen movie as toad, so the technical answer to that question is "the toad will come back, but halle berry isn't" lol

wrathofachilles
Halle Berry isn't coming back for X3? Well well, look who's suddently too good for X-Men. Hate to break it to her, but she sucked as Catwoman.

Havoc470
lol, it hasn't been an iron-clad announcement, but halle berry has stated "i think my superhero day's are over" after she did Catwoman and it sucked.....and not to mention that she's mention she'd return as storm in her own solo movie, or had an even smaller part in the next xmen where she just does her scenes and goes home ASAP

wrathofachilles
Storm is not an important enough character for a solo movie. Nor can she carry her own movie in that role.

Havoc470
my point exactly, i mean she was at vancouver for a long time and didnt have much movie time, but she still got paid for being there and just sitting around in costume

anyway imo, thor would win

wrathofachilles
I really lost a lot of respect for her after that whole 'I won the Oscar, I'm the greatest actress in the world' crap.

Personally, I don't think she's that good. She's only moderately decent.

Havoc470
i agree, imo her highest moment was the bond film, and i think she still sucked heheh

Cosmo Kramer
Thor would smash Batman before he could even reach his utility belt.

wrathofachilles
Never saw that Bond movie.

Wow Cosmo, we actually agree on something. Shocking.

Cosmo Kramer
I concur

Havoc470
lol

sadly i have seen that bond movie, i hate bond movies, the only good ones to me were the ones with sean connery

Paola
topic guys

wolverine8888
first off batman only beat superman cuz of the kriptinite or how ever u spell it which makes super man a normal human level and superman sucks at fighting that why. thor wouldent feel a thing if batman punched him all thor is slap batman and he dead

lifeisaglich
First off thor can not beat superman.
And having kryptonite does not mean that any one of us is going to beat him. Unless you want to be frozen in to an icecile.

Given time batman can do the unthinkable, think of darksied (a god).

Swanky-Tuna
Thor could best Superman, especially nowadays with all his crazy powers.

And it isn't "give Batman years to find out he can't do anything to Thor without stealing Ironman's Thorbuster armor or becoming an omni-potent wizard vs Thor"

supremthor
didn't cap bet thor once i think?

Swanky-Tuna
Cap beat everybody once.

wrathofachilles
When did Cap beat everybdy once?

And life, Thor can beat Superman quite easily now.

Swanky-Tuna
He was real slick about it. In fact, he just beat you right now. He beat me last week.

wrathofachilles
That rat bastard, lol. He got lucky, I've been up since 7:30, otherwise I'd have kicked his ass.

lifeisaglich
Exactly you just prove my point with this. And even though you said that batman would not find anything in years, you just found him Ironman's thor buster. And even though ironman will not give his most valuable possession to batman, using psychology batman can have him deliver the suit the next morning.

My reasoning for this is how he mentally broke desaad.

And there are other ways to smile

Havoc470
this isnt a battle of both of them seeing eachother and thor saying "i'll give you a few years, then you could call me on my cell and beat the living crap out of me"

this is a battle of the two of them right then and there

and batman using phychology to trick ironman isn't likely, ironman is one top notch smart man too, and seeing as the thor buster suit is something that isnt simply hanging in a closet somewhere, it wont have such easy access

lifeisaglich
Havoc470 this is thor not some run of the mill good or bad guy. With thor batman needs serious prep time, to even see thor.

If it is a battle right here and now then I don't see batman torching thor.

Ironman is smart when it comes to engineering. Everything else is a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 Except for combat skills.

I know that Ironman's thor buster armour is going to be under some serious lock down where if Ironman himself forgot the past word. Then there is no thor burster armour to use if the time comes.

cherry cola
BATMAN won't win this one in a mano-a-mano match. Given time he might be able to rig something up to put down the mighty god of thunder.

Zahit
It would be damn interesting to see what Batman would attempt...
I personally see no way Batman's gonna take out the Thunder God.
How do you prepare for Mjolnir? I just don't see it happening.
It could be real good storyline though....

whobdamandog
Unless Batman is somehow able to inabit the Destroyer Armor..he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Thor..even with preptime......

OtterVomit
I don't see any way for Batman to win this.

JWangSDC
This is as funny as the Captain America vs Juggernaut thread. LoL

JWangSDC
And read hush...The fight between batman and superman is extremely believeable there

long pig
batman can lift mjolnir? what do you think? i think he could

K3VIL
Hercules and Xena's World Gods:
The Olympians
We have seen what they are capable of:
Zeus:
He was able to absorb into himself the ebsence of his wife Hera, that was nearly powerful as him.He has show to been able to transform into a God his son Hercules just with a wave of his hand.He has also shown amazing strenght and stamina, fly, teleportation, and energy manipulation powers, like when he's shooting lightnings or like when he parry the best shots of his son that was trying to save Xena's daughter from him using a force field on his hand, repelling Hercules attacks.
And he knock down him with ease.

Hera
Second most powerful god of the Olympus, when she becomes ruler of Olympus, she give Hercules in god form a run for his money and nearly kills him, she was able to fly, teleportation, and energy manipulation powers like when she shoot energy blasts or fireballs.She was able to create beings sufficiently powerful to stay fist to fist with Hercules like those two women, one composed of water, the other one of fire.

Ares(We'll miss you Kevin Smith)
He was able to withstand fist to fist with his stepbrother Hercules, and give him a run for his money, but considering in demigod form Hercules beats him and in full god form he beats him after a more tough fight, we can assume he was fighting with really no mercy, cause Zeus wasn't no more the ruler of the Olympus and cannot kill or stole from Ares his power as a punishment.He was able to teleport, fire lightnings, energy blasts, fireballs, and was skilled in the use of any weapon he pick up.
But Xena beats him on several occasions, but he was fallen in love with her, so we can assume he doesn't always use the 100% of his skills.

Hercules
Only a demigod, but sufficiently strong to being a threat to a god in a physical confrontation, he was also tough and fast, able to perform considerable leaps, and to beat down powerful opponents, like Mars, or the Apocalypse Horseman War, and to withstand against the assaults of his father Zeus for a while.

From the strenght feats of the TV Series, we can put Hercules on Class 15 Tons of Strenght or at max 20, Mars on Class 17/18, Zeus over Class 20 and Hera too.Xena was also superhumanly strong, maybe half of Hercules strenght or around that.
When she fought with the last survived Gods of the Olympus, they were ALL WEAKENED, cause the death of Zeus was the Ragnarok of the Olympians, also Xena was able to kill them cause her daughter gives her the ability of kill Gods.When she beat down Odin, that was a crap fight.It's impossible that Xena even with his physical gifts and combat experience can beat down someone who's the counterpart of Zeus.

Anyway back in topic, the gods of the Marvel Universe operates on more powerful scale than those of the TV Series Hercules and Xena.
In the case of Thor:
He doesn't possess a special weakness
Under a Yellow Sun or a Red Sun he's still the Thunder God
Batman isn't worth of lifting Mjolnir, he's nearly a sociopath

JWangSDC
Batman ain't lifting ****. No way is batman noble...he's the least noble of all superheroes. Maybe superman could lift it, probably wonder woman could. Batman? Not today friend.

This is the most hilarious matchup ever...nevre have I seen such an impossible matchup save Juggernaut vs Cap America

crazyspinz
this thread was made my rag, an idiot who was banned for extreem hatred of batman. it should have been closed

namorsubby
well, right now wolverine is proving that if you have a large fanbase, you can just about fight anyone you want, including thor..........why not batman?

Blanket
Batman wins

roughrider
Stupid spite thread - why hasn't this gotten deleted?

Thor BEATS Batman - drunk, half asleep, forgetting where he put mjolnir, one arm behind his back, etc...

Silent Master
Originally posted by namorsubby well, right now wolverine is proving that if you have a large fanbase, you can just about fight anyone you want, including thor..........why not batman?

Didn't Wolverine lose that fight?

Omega Vision
Current Batman is a Black Lantern ring dispenser. I'd say he can beat Thor by resurrecting Odin's corpse and having BL Odin kill Thor. Otherwise Thor wins.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Current Batman is a Black Lantern ring dispenser. I'd say he can beat Thor by resurrecting Odin's corpse and having BL Odin kill Thor. Otherwise Thor wins.

Current Batman is Grayson.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Current Batman is Grayson.
Wrong. THE ONLY BATMAN IS BRUCE WAYNE. mad

Juntai
Wrong. THE ONLY BATMAN IS BRUCE WAYNE. mad thumb up

Bentley
Bruce Wayne ain't a corpse anyways.

Omega Vision
Bruce Wayne ain't a corpse anyways.
His main body is.

Bentley
His main body is.

No he isn't, corpse is corpse, person is person.

Wanna go to the religion forum battle zone?

Omega Vision
No he isn't, corpse is corpse, person is person.

Wanna go to the religion forum battle zone?
The current Bruce Wayne within the confines of New Earth and the current timeline is a corpse. There is a living Bruce Wayne but he's not "current" by any sense of the word.

Bentley
The current Bruce Wayne within the confines of New Earth and the current timeline is a corpse. There is a living Bruce Wayne but he's not "current" by any sense of the word.

So if Bruce is replaced by a corpse and he's flailing around in another timeline the real Bruce is the stiff meatball in New Earth? Come on!

Omega Vision
So if Bruce is replaced by a corpse and he's flailing around in another timeline the real Bruce is the stiff meatball in New Earth? Come on!
Real Bruce Wayne as in the Bruce Wayne the people of 2009 New Earth know about is a corpse.

Bentley
Real Bruce Wayne as in the Bruce Wayne the people of 2009 New Earth know about is a corpse.

Who is the guy sent to the past then? Is he suddenly a non-cannon alternate version who won't count for anything if he comes back like Kal-L?

BattleMage
Bat funeral.

Omega Vision
Who is the guy sent to the past then? Is he suddenly a non-cannon alternate version who won't count for anything if he comes back like Kal-L?
He's an alternate version of Bruce Wayne, an alternate crappy life made by the Omega Sanction.

Bentley
Then we're better off with Grayson as Batman 131

Badabing
Then we're better off with Grayson as Batman 131 I wasn't going to warn people on Christmas Eve but... sneer

biscuits

stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>