Will Padme give the babies names in episode 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[PLOP]anakin
Will Padme give the babies names in episode 3?

because when you see episode 1-2-3 and then 4-5-6.
You know already that luke is the son of Darth Vader because padme said the baby his name was luke.

Darth_Duffy
eh?

PVS
ok, ask your question again....and try to make sense this time

zutalurs
It actually does make sense, but our "English As Second Language" friend is forgetting the last name issue. With just a little creativity, Lucas could have avoided giving away the "father" thing.
IF he had found a way to explain Luke having the last name Skywalker, and then NOT have the twins fate known at the end of III, someone watching for the very first time would not know for sure that Luke was the son of Anakin.
But the bearded one didn't think to cover those tracks and so the surprise is gone. But since the sextology is about Anakin and not Luke, he probably doesn't care if people are surprissed or not.

And BTW, maybe we shouldn't be so rude as to make fun of someone for not typing in a second language well. How many languages can you type in?

PVS
i dont know why.....but as of recent i have been having these reoccuring dreams where i am gleefully strangling mighty mouse...strangestick out tongue
laughing

zutalurs
Sounds like a home-erotic thing to me.

PVS
projecting much?
sorry, but i must respectfully decline sad

zutalurs
Nice seque off of your rudeness though. Way to go champ. You're a winner!

Anyway, to PlopAnakin:
I see what you mean, and I wish it would have worked out, and who knows maybe it will. But I think Lucas missed the boat this time. He could have set it up, but by not having Anakin have any living relatives on Tatooine with the name Skywalker, there is no way anyone will not know Luke is Vader's son.

PVS
why thank you. thanks very much indeed...do i get a prize? a medal? title belt?
oh this is so exciting eek! i havn't even prepared a speech

zutalurs
No. Just go back to strangling your mouse.

PVS
...and in all your assumed understanding, you never answered his question, and the title of the thread.

is it padme who names the babies?

zutalurs
probably is padme

PVS
if the post was more explanatory, it might have been a good topic...

see, rumor has it that padme dies while giving birth to luke, so how could she have named him? unless the twins are named before they are born...which is possible.

zutalurs
Yeah. Considering that most babies have names loooong before they are born, it's very possible that she names them. Even if she had said "I want it to be Luke if it's a boy or Leia if it's a girl" then it's still covered.
Maybe if you had read instead of jumping into criticism mode, you could have understood what was the gist of the post and carried on a conversation instead of just being a prig and taking the life out of someone else's thread.

and F.Y.I. I didn't mispell my insult to you:
prig (n.)
A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
A conceited dandy; a fop.

PVS
are you still fighting your petty war of insults?

he asked a question and included an arguement which noone understood,
including you. in all your self rightous seudo-polite ranting you never answered his question until i pointed it out to you.

now will you please stop crying and get a grip?

zutalurs
I understood him perfectly, and it wasn't hard to do so.
I didn't directly answer his question because I felt that what I did say went beyond just a yes or no to his question.
In essence, I said it was immaterial if she did name him in the movie, because what would be accomplished by her not naming him was voided by the fact that Lucas didn't give any false leads to the last name Skywalker. Thus wondering if Padme would be seen to name the children and whether or not that would ruin the "surprise" becomes moot since the fact that Luke and Anakin are the only Skywalkers in the whole trilogy after, with the exception of course of Shmi who dies in Episode 2.
Jeez, are you really this thick or are you just still being an ass?

PVS
^^^^
still going? roll eyes (sarcastic)

zutalurs
^^^^
still a schmuck?
still have to have the last word?
still have to respond to every thread?
still a post whore?

YES

PVS
the only post whore is you.
if you have a problem with me, take it up in the PM,
instead of putting on your little show.

zutalurs
OK

Boris
hehe funny stuff

GCG
to be honest , it doesnt really give me anything to look forward to if she does give names to Luke or Leila.....abnd i am thinking the babies wont get much screen time ......maybe some 20 seconds in all

PVS
birth scene....im sure there will be some scene with them on the tantive4....then the final scenes before the credits roll

Boris
Who cares if she names them, your gonna know who they're father is anyway

GCG
no birth scene ; no way .

or i am going to have to do some alternative explaining from storks and cabbages

PVS
well, its not like they are going to give a full shot of padme spread eagle,(sadly)
but we will probably see a birth scene

zutalurs
considering she probably "dies" pregnant, i doubt we will see a "birth" scene. more likely we see her get whacked and OB1 or Yoda jumping into action to get those babies out of her.

PVS
ok, please elaborate on "jumping into action" and describe to us the scene you are envisioning, and how they would avoid an NC-17 rating.

Cipher
If she dies in the middle of it, maybe Ben names them.....

queeq
Errr... something with an L.....

Cipher
Don't Ani and Padme think they're only having one child?
Maybe those names were their two choices for a boy or girl and she ends up needing both....

Darth_Duffy
yeah, they have lightsabres, space speeders, mechanical suits, but ask them to an ultrasound.........

Cipher
Maybe they wanted to be surprised? Not sure how that will be addressed....

Darth_Duffy
i wanna see obi-wan perform an emergency cesarean with his lightsaber stick out tongue

much like in the OT when solo slices up his mutant camel to keep luke warm.

Cipher
eek!

PVS
^^^^
like i said, instant NC-17 laughing

zutalurs
It would just be a line or two:
Anakin force strangles Padme and runs out of the room.
OB1: She's dead. We must deliver those children before it's too late. They are the galaxy's only hope.
Cut to new scene...

Nothing graphic, and nothing needing an NC17. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GCG
why would Obi say that 'they are the galaxy's only hope' ?

actually i never heard that stuff before

PVS
yeah, they should show ben whip out the light saber and ignite it/cut to next scene... NOT A SHOT!!!

picture this:

8 year old kid: "mommy/daddy, what did obiwan do?"

mommy/daddy:embarrasment eer...ummmm...just watch the film....

PVS
the only way it could remain 'family friendly' is if padme delivers both twins, most likely dead after the second is born, similar to demi moore in "the seventh sign". thats the way i think it will roll out.

zutalurs
It's theory and postulation. Not fact. I'm saying this is how I think it might happen. The "galaxy's only hope" thing is a joke. I doubt, as bad as the dialogue is, that it will get THAT cheesey.

PVS
actually, the "galaxy's last hope" part i agreed with.
not for the birth scene, but i think we will hear the words "last hope"
in reference to the skywalker kids

queeq
And what a great bridge that'd be to episode IV.... I think...

NoFate007
I think Lucas may just make it a lot easier by having Anakin and Padme mention the names Leia and Luke for a child in the scene where she tells him she's pregnant. Leia will be born first and that'll supposed to be the reason why she remembers her...though I find that rather stupid.

Cipher
I could see that happening, hence my earlier suggestion.
That wouldn't be bad, it just be an off-hand mention in a scene in the apartment....

darktim1
he'll probibley talk about on the dvd when comes out in interview.

cylob49
you know after all the posts on this topic aint it just totally clear shes gonna give birth,look upon them,smile tearfully whilst holding them,name them...THEN CROAK to turn 75% of the audience into blubbering wrecks.

cylob49
me included...if the scene where the kids are born doesnt make me swell up ...........ill swell up.

queeq
And then explode?

cylob49
ahem........i mean WELL UP....another late nite...... another typo

brendy
is there actually any mention of lukes surname until ROTJ? not sure as i haven't got the films on video. meaning anyone watching for the first time would have no connection to him and ani.

queeq
Two identical typo's? How interesting.

PVS
you know what he means queeq!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing

as we will all probably cry like little girls when padme kicks the bucket.

queeq
We need some emotional involvement first. I haven't seen much of that yet.

captainmidnight
i think luke will be born first,then taken to the lars family,leia is then born and is along for the ride with padme and organa,and that is how she remembers her mother......

Red Superfly
Imagine if there was a third baby - his name was Wellington.

Stupid? Yes. Irrelevant? Yes.

queeq
If they stick with the ROTJ convo that would seem to be the most plausible ending, yes.

chez
Don't be stupid. Everybody knows his name was ALISTAIR. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Wasn't that his second name?

Gangularis
don't mind PVS..

he's like 12 and thinks he's an adult, and an old skool starwars fan... of which he's neither.

PVS
awww, 2 lovebirds meet and find a mutual hobbie.

if only they can find a life.

sad sad

zutalurs
That's ok Gungularis. Thanks to that old broad's suggestion to the dork about ignoring people, I don't have to read what either of them have to say anymore.
Happy Dance

PVS
you mean no more whiney insult responses from you?
why this IS good news!!!
please allow me to reciprocatesmile

*ignore*

oh, and congratulations on finding your soul mate big grin

queeq
Yuck... don't get so civilised all of a sudden....

PVS
i cant help it queeq, love is a beautiful thing.
i guess underneath it all i'm just an old sap.

A TOAST (raises glass) best of luck to the happy couple beer

queeq
*barf*

jedijunky1138
PVS I thought there was a reason for the childishness........ You are a child!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWW look a newbee Star Wars fan!!!!!!

queeq
At least he's fun.

PVS
and being that i turn 30 in october...i kinda wish jedijunkie was right sad

darktim1
who knows maybe they pick them out when her and anakin are alone at a time in the movie for now may force be with you.

jedijunky1138
PVS I wish I could go back to 30 myself. laughing laughing laughing

jedijunky1138
I think the kids will be named by Yoda, Obi Wan and Organa after Padme is dead.

PVS

captainmidnight

captainmidnight
a** kissa....... evil face

jedijunky1138
???????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.