Rome Total War - Gold!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
Anyone follow the total war series? I think this game is going to be AWESOME.. the demo didnt do the game justice but I know the game will be amazing.

cal31
this game is only going to be rivaled by Battle for Middle Earth. Everything about the game looks amazing, graphics are great, battle engine is great, too much to name.

Lord_Andres
Tried the demo and it was pretty sweet, looking forward to it's release smile

SaTsuJiN
total war series is hot.. I love the hundreds upon hundreds of units to control and send to thier doom laughing out loud

Ushgarak
There have always been niggles in the campaign sections that have annoyed me in Total War; the Byzantine tech tree was broken in Medieval and never fixed, and the geme in both previous incarnations became extremely repetitive as time went by as only ludicrously inlaated rebellion problems could stop you, which felt very forced; only the first half of any campaign was much fun. In fact, the whole idea of making the objective (effectively) global domination was a poor one for a game that modelled itself on accuracy- and the Glorious Achievements section didn't work at all, it being much easier just to conquer everywhere. And, of course, the AI has never been up to scratch except via cheating.

That said, worthwhile games the both, and the totally revamped Campaign section in RTW interests me. But still no campaign multiplayer? Booo! And still no computer players in multi-play skirmish mode, I suspect- things I had badly wanted in the previous games.

RaventheOnly
hey i already made a thread about this a bit ago cry stick out tongue oh well laughing out loud

Its gonna rock extrodinarily hard..... 3-dimensional units eek! not just cardboard cutouts stuck to the battlfield like the others... stick out tongue

evil face i won on expert with the Danish .... cool and on shogun all of the clans cool

rebbelions get annoying but if you manage..... i mean micromanage you can smash them easy cool plus the stupid heirs returning is a good way to geta lot of money when your in the red big grin

Ushgarak
But it is intensly BORING, because that is all you get, turn ifter turn, in the last half of the game. And any muppet can win on expert in any position- like I said, the AI is very poor.

chrysanthos7
If I install the Rome Total War - Gold , can I install after that Rome Total Realism 6 ?

DarthBanevv
You're pulling up a two year old thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.