Duplex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

periera
Anyone else love this movie?

ToMacco
No. . . no no no.

What in the. ..

Ben Stiller is a rerun star, and Drew Barrymore hasn't made a good movie since "Riding in Cars with Boys". And she probably won't make another good movie. . . . . . . . . . . . . ever.

periera
didn't like "50 First Dates" either then?

Cinemaddiction
Maybe because she's only done 2 movies in between these 2?

This is a date movie, treat it as such.

botankus
Yeah, don't go into it expecting some Five star Oscar-calibur picture and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Cinemaddiction
Forgot to add, I rented it, and will probably share my thoughts in depth a lil' later tonight.

greyboy
Haven't seen it yet, but will prolly pick it up...

Cinemaddiction
Saw it tonight. It was kinda like "The Money Pit" meets "Driving Ms. Daisy".

Ben Stiller seemed angry throughout the entire movie, so alls I saw was "Mr. Furious" alongside a ditzy "Dylan".

Overall, it wasn't that bad. Not rackworthy, and the rental was only $1. But, hopefully this is one of Danny DeVito's handful of cinematic ventures, because it plays out as if it were written by a high schooler.

SPOILERS.....

The end makes absolutely no sense. When Alex and Nancy were supposed to go up with the new tenants to meet Mrs. Connelly, at first Alex and Nancy refused because they had to get going. Somehow, the new tentants just dissappeared, and they went up anyway.

What was supposed to happen was that the new tenants were the ones in a hurry to leave, with the old tenants left as the ones to say hello, and see that they finally got what they tried so hard to do. Kill her, or so they thought.

greyboy
I thought it was okay.....didnt blow me away

periera
Yeah, it was a nice little brain candy movie. I was just impressed because all I'd heard about it was how crappy it was and it actually wasn't all that bad.

Striel
I did NOT like this movie. It was one of those annoying ones where everything keeps going wrong. I just wanted it to end.

Mortanius
I HATE this movie. Just like Striel just said everything just gets worse. Ben and Drew's characters are mentally tortured, lose their jobs, and lose their dream. And this is supposed to a funny movie?

BloomBabyGirl
it was ok. loved ben stiller and thats the only reason i rented it. the end was predictable and drew barrymore needs to die

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.