Someone please help? Can't remember much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TGI
A dark romantic comedy about a teenage girl, approx 18-19, who falls in love with a drifter mechanic. There are some things that stand out; In the beginning of the movie the girl who is very bleak and sarcastic dumps her boyfriend who apparently lived next door. Shortly later, the old boyfriend sees the girl's father outside and tell him something like, " your ***** or **** daughter just broke up with me." Anyway, the girl eventually fall in love with this tough guy following him to a big city. This movie was played on Showtime between 89-92.

I believed the title had one of these words; romance, love, true, real

trav6612
sorry i am no help

botankus
Can someone please tell me what the hell is up with these first time posters who are smart enough to register a name to be used ONLY ONCE at KMC but are too stupid to know the name of a movie they know 99.9% of the plot to??

ladygrim
god knows

roundisfunny
Was it "The Unbelievable Truth" (1989)?

botankus
A good portion of the thread topics on this forum's page is nothing but spam.

In fact, newly-registered users should be banned from starting a new thread until they've at least posted 100 times.

Mr Zero
If it were up to me anyone who has nothing better to do than hang at KMC would be automatically banned for a month when they reach 800 posts. Cant blame these people for registering - they have heard of Roundisfunny and his mighty talent for spotting obscure movies.

botankus
I will give them credit for the wanting to seek the knowledge of roundisfunny. It seems like every time some new freak registers a username for one use only to ask a question, it is definately followed up by a response by the funny balloon shaped maestro.

roundisfunny
Thank you, dear forum companions. And Botankus...you made me laugh much in that thread to the wannabe filmmaker who can't spell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.