launch poster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
sw.com has now shown the official release poster:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/03/news20020312_0.html

not a very exciting poster

He-Man
Looks very much like the ep.1 poster

yerssot
it's not a great one, but it will be enough

mah
it's ok, but I think they could've come up with something else than just pressing lots of characters into the poster.

He-Man
Yeah but it's just a commercial and movie posters are always like that.

Kane_Starkiller
I like the poster - but a website (sorry, can't remember which) brought up an interesting point. The posters tend to be of an artistic/classic hand-drawn style, whereas the films (or at least the new ones) tend to showcase digital effects, and are more about the overwhelming dynamics of digital cinema.

The films and the posters almost differ/contrast ( in style )??

Saying that, I welcome digital effects in the SW series, and would rather they kept producing the posters with the traditional 'ensemble' technique, making the 6 movie posters follow on as a series, much like the films.

And I agree, there is deffinately a similarity here between the ep1 and ep2 poster.

As the teaser poster focused on the love between Anakin and Padme, perhaps it would have been nice for the launch poster to included more of a focus on Obi-Wan?

Julie
Very similar to EpI poster, but not bad. Sure it could have been better, but it's jsut to get us all hyped up about seeing AOTC....which BTW with the trailers looks great smile

LadyEowyn
i agree with Kane Starkiller. they make the poster look classic, when the movie invloves not so classic material including- digital effects.

Julie
So....it's just a poster.....

peluffo
Good idea....

All the posters so far (originals, not the ones to the SE OT) always shows the bad guy on the top of the draw. (ANH and TESB: Vader, ROTJ: Palpy, TPM: Maul) and with this, anakin is slowly going to the top....

Maybe it means nothing, but is the first thing that I looked!!!

Or maybe all the wine i drank with dinner... smokin'

Julie
hmmm could be, but you may have a point. Somebody pointed out that no sith was present on the poster, but Anakin himself is destined to be one of the greatest sith ever.

ToMacco
Could be the wine rolling on floor laughing

It does look the the Phantom Menace poster, especially with the sun in the background like that.

Ewan McGregors name is first in the cast, so his picture should have been bigger, or equal to Hayden and Natalies.

Julie
True.....I think they should have made Jango smaller and Obi wan even bigger. Hayden and Natalie's pic is just the right size...you'd think they'd be a little more original that using the suns again...oh well...

ToMacco
Another thing; they need to lose the "Episode" part of the title logo.

If people don't know it's episode II, then they havn't been following things, and it wouldn't matter to them anyway.

finti
I`ve seen better, kind of resemble the ESB poster

mah
I've looked at it for a while, and what I like is that they've put anakind and amidala up that big. it feels right...

Gundark
Obi Wan should have been much bigger. At least bigger than Padme. Its okay, but it has too much of a romantic feel to it.

mah
no, padme and anakin should be the biggest ones, and this makes it look like a cheesy romantic book cover, and that's great, because many will think it's weird!! smile

ToMacco
Padme should have her shirt off, too!

yerssot
there goes the thread

ToMacco
big grin big grin big grin

The average male has sex on his brain even 7 or 8 seconds. I'm only human!

yerssot
37, To, 37

LadyEowyn
oh you males are so horny!
even if you think about it...why do have to talk about it?

yerssot
ow! now you're saying I'm like To? I just correct something he said, because if THAT was true we ALL would be maniacs

ToMacco
Well, for me it's 7 seconds.

LadyEowyn
sorry to yers and all the un-horny guys in this forum.

ToMacco
The day you stop thinking about sex is the day you die.

LadyEowyn
maybe yur only speaking for yurself.

is any other guy as absorbed in sex as To?

ToMacco
Sex is a great part of life. I'm not going to deny myself something that God intended us to do, and to do often! smile

Julie
Please To.....leave God out of this!
roll eyes (sarcastic) Crazy to!

ToMacco
smile

LanceWindu
Damn, I'm gone only two days and they have to come out with the one-sheet poster. I wanted to be here when they did that. I guess I was destined to only see it after everyone else.

ToMacco
That will teach you.

finti
eh are we still talking poster here??? confused

ToMacco
Well, I was having fun talking about sex. . . but I guess we can talk about the stupid poster again.

peluffo
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

LadyEowyn
and it begins again sad

He-Man
And when teenagers like me...guys think about sex in every 3 seconds and that's absolutely right!!!

And tell me LadyEowyn, what's wrong with guys thinking about sex, I don't get it confused

Anyways there isn't too much to talk about the poster anyway, so sex is a much better subject. smile

finti
not for us who get plenty of it, we like to talks about other things in between big grin

LanceWindu
OMG, you mean finti doesn't want to bragg to us?

ToMacco
Having sex with yourself doesn't count, finti embarrasment stick out tongue

jedi212guy
Yeh, there's a difference between bragging and lying. wink

ToMacco
He's not here. He must be having sex with himself as we speak. eek!

jedi212guy
I really could have done without that mental image. sad

Julie
ugh....me too sad sad

ToMacco
He's STILL going at it. Good work, finti stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.