You just cut off his arm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NateDawgNT
Okay, in AotC, after Dooku cuts off anakin's arm, what's with his face? he looks disgusted/horrified. I was just wonderin what other people thought about why?

i've heard people say he felt bad, cuz hes still a little good, some say hes upset cuz Sidious wants him untouched, and I've heard others say he was just outta breath. I have a theory but its really just a dream and its too OC to even mention.. So waht do u guys think?

kanis
alien To me it seemed like he was just pushing him away like a reflex I mean he just cut his arm off and then he force pushes him and he is knocked out , it is a lightsabre duel.

Ushgarak
No, he was knackered and Anakin was harder to beat than he had imagined, especially based on how easily he had just dealt with him a couple of minutes before.

Master Revan
well i think sidious wanted him untouched.

Mortanius
I agree. Palpatine purposely coached Anakin about someday being the greatest of all Jedi, I don't think that he would want him to die. And I think that the upcoming rematch with Dooku will be orchestrated entirely to turn Anakin.

kanis
alien That would be intersting to see.

Cipher
Dooku's disappointed that he had to maim Anakin. When he's escaping to his ship, he stops to see if Yoda will save Anakin and Obi-Wan. I don't know what Palpatine might have told Dooku, but I think he was told to leave the Chosen One alive.

Laskharis
I still don't understand why Anakin doesn't spend the next half-hour rolling around the floor screaming in a pool of his own blood, clutching desperately at the stump of his arm as the cold fingers of unconciousness grip his oxygen-starved brain. Even if he IS a jedi...

Imperial_Samura
I think it is because the light saber is a weapon that is incredibly hot (ah....), thus it cauterised the wound, meaning there would be no blood. Same with Luke's hand, Dauth Maul or that Walrus beasty (Ponda Baba) in A New Hope. Still, one imagines if it is hot enough to melt thorugh the Trade Federations blast doors that it would cause a lot more damage to the over zealous you Jedi.......

Sith Master X
I always thought this look was a result of Dooku being tired from the duel.

WarSpawn
the reason why no blood show's up is because a lightsaber is pure energy, so it cauterizes as it cuts, therefore stopping any blood flow. It also makes it near impossible to reattach the original hand that was cut off, so people who have lost limbs to lightsaber duels have to get mechanical replacements.

anyways, i agree with Ush, i think it's because Dooku didnt think Anakin would put that big a fight up

Laskharis
But still, no screams? Unless he was just in shock...

Jedi Priestess
I do believe he gasps

Red Superfly
He's just dissapointed because his scenes were cut from the theatrical release of Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King.

BAILY
he is just a little upset that Young Skywalker wasnt more of a challenge, as Obi-Wan was. Obi fought longer with Dooku then Ani did.

yerssot
the amount of time is bullshit

you can find someone for days by just running away from him everytime your sabres clash... does that make you more of a challange?

Darth Subjekt
Its because he's wore out...tired. And No, Sidious didnt tell Dooku not to kill Ani...."oh yea, leave him alive so he can kill you and take your place." Yeah that would go over real well. He was catching his breath just like Yoda had to do. Plain and simple.

And so youre saying that if Lennox Lewis fought Riddick Bowe for 12 rounds and then Lewis won (and these are hypothetical matches), thats more of a challenge than if Mike Tyson came in and beat Lewis' ass in the 2nd round?

Darth_Nefarus
Why would Sidious tell Dooku to leave Anakin alive? The only reason (that I can think of) that he just cuts his arm off and force pushed him away is because he just wants to end it. That and he needs a moment to collect his strength because Anakin's skill/power was more than the Count anticipated.

Darth Subjekt
thats what i just said...thanks for the back up smile

Darth_Nefarus
Backing up fellow siths is what I do best.

Darth Subjekt
Yeah i wonder how Dooku's gonna act and look when he sees Anakin again. Ill bet in a way, although im sure he thinks he can win, he'll prolly be $hitt!n in his weaties.
ICANT WAIT!!!

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, Dooku is going to laugh at Anakin, and believe that his powers are too much for him. Then Anakin is going to unleash some fury on his ass.

Flying Ferret
I still don't understand why Anakin doesn't spend the next half-hour rolling around the floor screaming in a pool of his own blood, clutching desperately at the stump of his arm as the cold fingers of unconciousness grip his oxygen-starved brain. Even if he IS a jedi...

What I can't understand is how Obi-Wan laid there the whole time and as soon as Padme came in, he and Anakin stood up... I guess she MUST be royalty.... "Oh, crap, here comes the queen, I guess we've got to show respect and all that rot..."

Xam
this fits in with episode 3 perfectly!!!!!Palpatine wants dooku dead cuz he cut an arm of ani!!big grin He was suppose to be UNTUCHED

mtryder
No, what he was saying is that, in that scenario, Bowe would be more of a challenge to Lewis than Lewis would be to Tyson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.