Battlefront

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I got Star Wars: Battlefront for the PS2 today and I must say I very much enjoyed it. The gameplay is sort of basic, but its really fun to play especially online. If you're a fan of SOCOM or any other online shooters and Star Wars, you'll love it. If you only like one or the other, its still worth a try.

Thoughts?

Luxorz
It would be a GREAT game, if the maps were a LOT bigger. Now the maps are the size of my room, and you're supposed to have 50+ guys fighting there. :/

Morridini
I don't have the game, but I have seen the trailer at the OT DVD bonus disk, and I thought it looked kinda dull. But perhaps the trailer doesn't do the game justice. What is actualy the game all about? Are u just at the Star wars batlefield and fights (like Battlefield, Counter Striker etc), or is there a single player story?

Lobo
If you have an xbox then there is a playable demo of Battlefront on the OT DVD bonus disk.

Morridini
I know that. But I don't have an X-box. That's why I ask.

Lobo
ign.com has a review of the game.

cal31
Picking up my copy today.

Boris
Anyone have the pc version? I'm thinking about picking it up with the dvd's

§pearhead
I'm hoping to pick it up within the next week yes

boris...your avatar is awesome cool

OB1-adobe
I just got it last night for my PS2. Any of you cats want to throw down online just let me know. I registered using the name ob1-adobe, so you'll know if I am playing or not.

Morgoths_Wrath
right on, if you see FahQ Nigel shootin away online look out...thas me smokin'

OB1-adobe
Cool! We need to get a whole posse goin on here for this! I think I am going to create a thread just for the PS2 version so everyone get some communication goin on about the game.

How do you like the game? So far I think it is hard to control, and the levels so far have not been all that fun. Though I bought specifcally for online play.

Morgoths_Wrath
Yeah, its no SOCOM but the Star Wars stuff in it still makes it fun. The online play keeps it alive, and some of the levels can be fun but others I just hate.

§pearhead
ok, i got it yesterday (saturday), quite fun indeed--very similar to Timesplitters, but let me tell you, zipping around Endor on Speeder Bikes or walking next to an AT-AT in Hoth and just looking up at it, I just kinda realized...Holy shit! I saw this in the movie...and now I'm frickin playing it! Pretty addicting, in my opinion big grin

NoMeN
please, noone buy it for PC!!! lag! multiplayer problems.

and the models are way to low resolution for a PC game.

looks like a cheap port from consoles!

everybody buy xbox or ps2 version.

Mandalorain-fan
i've played it on X-Box and i liked alot . when u look at your team number at the top its 200ppl vs 200pl which is ALOT compared to other games where its 5 on 4 or whatever and u have the smae health as everyone unlike other games where ur 13x stronger than everyone which is good since Battlefront is a challenge

Eöl Moriedhel
I think the Vader/Dooku characters are hilarious....

Morridini
So now u have had some time playing the game. How is it? I am considering downloading it, but if it aint that good I might not want to download it. Your thoughts please.

cal31
Very fun online game, and they're constantly working on it and releasing patches to add features and tweak things, I'd definetly get it.

Xanatos
My Record is 62 guys killed in one battle whats yalls record?

§pearhead
84...but that was in an AT-ST messed

cal31
My record is 103 on Geonosis

Xanatos
damn I cant compete, however I ment with out dieing. Still though I have never killed that much.

Master Blade
109 is my record Xanatos

walkingcarpet
I haven't bought it yet (I know, I know get with the times) but one of the major selling points was the fact you get to be an Imp sniper on Endor and fry Ewoks. Please tell me its true!!!

DYE YOU LITTLE FURBALLS!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Xanatos
Falls down
Man I stink cry

cal31
I just got 120.

darthcraka
i got 150 in demo game but i was bein traitor on reb team and blowne up large groups of my team mates smile

ChickinMeat
aye this is true!

Fallen One
head shots plus Ewokes equals family fun i say. just wait for the sequel wink Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.