Matrix Beta Testing: Accepted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy

Agent Elrond
woot!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Lucky you, hope it'll be good. It should be fun to beta test. I wonder if I got chosen....

cal31
I thought anybody that was in the testing can't say if they're in it

JKozzy
Not that I know of... confused

I can't make copies or anything or let anyone else play it, but I don't think it's a crime to know that someone is beta testing. If it is, may Raz delete this thread.

cal31
It might not be true, but I was reading on other forums that they weren't letting the people testing say they were.

Silver Stardust
Awesome!!!!

*goes to check email*

JKozzy
smile Anyone else get in?

Silver Stardust
Haven't heard yet...so I dunno...

*goes off to check email again*

VenomVA
Credit Card Kozzy? You have to pay to beta test?

JKozzy
No, it's to confirm who I am and where I live, so I don't go making copies. You'd think with a beta test of a game that everyone wants and isn't out, they'd take some sort of precaution to keep it.... unpirated?

Agent Elrond
nope, nothing. Guess I didn't get picked. Damn sad

Hope it'll be fun, Koz. Tell us all about it.

cal31
So is the game still slated for a November release?

<<Solo>>
So Lucky.

Silver Stardust
Nope, January 18th is the new release date.

JKozzy
S'why beta is starting now stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
*goes to check email AGAIN*

I really want beta test this game....

JKozzy
Heh, me too stick out tongue

Can't TELL you about the game though, I can just tell you that I'm doing it. So, sorry folks sad

JediHDM
it is amazing how far this game has been moved...originally, it was supposed to be out like, last may...and now, mid-january...i want this game, but come on...give it to us!!!

Silver Stardust
I know....

And last night I was talking to Kozzy and he said his email about the beta-testing was dated something like August 29th...just after I had deleted all the mail in my bulk mail folder (where the MxO newsletters go for some reason), after having found nothing from the past few days. So as far as I know, I could have gotten the beta testing but now I'll never know.

*cries*

BUT -- I have heard that if you preorder the game you can get in on the beta testing or something...

BackFire
Oh, for the love of.... I don't get people who are so scared of the little beta rules. I'm in the World of Warcraft beta test, have been for several months, and I tell all my friends whats going on in the game and how it's coming. Of course, Blizzard is very leniant about their rules. But even if they weren't, I still would, their is no way they know if you told someone about the game. They don't have your house wired, and they aren't monitering this website.

And if the Beta test is just starting now, then expect another delay or two. Too properly beta test a game it usually takes about 6 months or more. So don't expect this game untill next summer.

It's a good thing they're taking their time with this game, rather then rushing it out before it's actually done.

Also, beta testing isn't all shits and giggles. There is alot of frusturation in beta testing. Expect characters to be deleted regularly, and expect drastic gameplay changes after you've gotten used to a certain style. Expect server crashes when you are doing something important, and expect major bug errors.

But, congrats on the beta test. It's always exciting to play a game before it's released, especially one of such magnitude.

<<Solo>>
Stardust I did the exact same thing and now I'm pissed.
And I agree with you Backfire I don't know why the hell someone wouldn't tell us what's going on, for shit's sake kozzy.

Silver Stardust
Yeah Kozzy, it's not like they're going to monitor your AIM convos or anything stick out tongue

Clavis
no expression enlighten me people

JKozzy
Jesus, I said I wasn't going to post it here, it's a public forum ffs roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Unknown
But if you preorder the game, you can be in Beta starting November 18.

Silver Stardust
Yeah I know that.

Korri
Guys big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.