Clark flies people!!! FLIES!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Shmedi
I can't wait until the season premere episode of Smallville!!!! Clark finally flies!! I just hope they don't show him lifting off and then cut away or end the episode right there, because I would scream. LOUD. I want to see him soaring through the skies of Smallville. I can only hope it doesn't suck. *Fingers Crossed*

TheFilmProphet
Well I can sure tell you it won't be anything amazing considering its a Tv series and not a feature film where they can make him CGI while he is flying.

Samurai Guy
Please use spoilers to post somthing like this.

Click here to learn how to post spoilers.

This will be merged.

VenomVA
Yeah he flies but by the end of the episode he won't be able to anymore

Jedi Shmedi
WHAT?! Are you serious?!

Shadow_King
wow. it must have something to do with his first mission.

Samurai Guy
He has flown before. 3 times I believe.

Shadow_King
he has never flown before SG i think.

BloomBabyGirl
he has like when he was on top of lana i think

Darth Vicious
Woooohoooo, i just watched the new season opener and it was awsome, Kal-el flew and it was pretty exciting, Cl\hloe not being dead wasnt a surprised, i have my own theories about that, Lois was hot and the new Lana and 3 missing pieces angle that leads to a treasure is exciting, it can only show the way to the Fortress of Solitude. Do anybody knows if this is the last season?

VenomVA
can we get a spoiler tag next time please?

TheFilmProphet
1. It was great to see Kal-El fly.

2. If you had visited sites like Kryptonsite you already knew Chloe was still alive like I did.

3. Lois looked great but Lana looked even better.

4. It will be interesting to see how the 'treasure hunt' ends.

5. They are planning 6-7 seasons of Smallville.

VenomVA
I did visit the site but I'm talking about for the people who didn't visit it and don't want it spoiled.

and it's Kal-El

TheFilmProphet
My post was not directed at you I was responding to the person I quoted. Must you analyse every single syllable?

VenomVA
oops my bad big grin

Samurai Guy
He has. Most of the time he was dreaming, but he was "floating" above his bed in one episode of season 1.

And, on a side note, KAL-EL flew, not CLARK.

<<Solo>>
But hopefully Clark will be able to fly also.

Samurai Guy
That was apparently one of the rules between writers and producers before they shot the pilot. Clark WILL NOT fly.

<<Solo>>
Damn.

Samurai Guy
But they bent the rules a little. In dreams he does... he floated... and Kal-El flew.

moonwalker741
yeah clark didnt flie, kal-el&lt;sp?flew, and this will be the first and the last time the character will flie in the series

TheFilmProphet
This Off-Topic but I don't think they should have closed the General Discussion thread. wink

It had 574 posts, the most for any thread on the first page here and it generated the most visitors to this forum. I think this will have a negative affect on the Smallville forum.

Darth Vicious
I know that it was Kal-el that flew but it was cool, he loked kick ass, not weak like clark.

BloomBabyGirl
go bad ass hot kal el. i cant beleive thats the only time hes gonna fly tho no

TheFilmProphet
Don't be so sure......http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/shifty.gif

Jedi Shmedi
Being the idiot I am, the night the episode premiered, I left to go pick up my copy of Star Wars: Battlemfront (forgetting what time it was) and I got back and saw the last 10 minutes of it. I wanted to shoot myself. Can somebody tell me how much of him flying there was? And what do you mean Kal-El flew and not Clark? I suppose it has something to do with him being naked in front of Lois in a corn-field. Can somebody please tell me what I missed so I'm up to speed?!

BloomBabyGirl
eek!!!

Jedi, when clark comes back to earth he isnt clark he's kal el. jor el had transformed him. lex found an ancient srtifact in egypt bearing the kryptonian symbols and it called to kal el while lex was in the plane adn kal el flew up and got it. wasnt much flying. maybe 5 mins. so then the real clark came out after his momma used black kryptonite so in a sense it was kal el and not clark who flew

TheFilmProphet
Was that suppose to prove or show something to me?

Tex
574 posts, 95% of those were generated before this forum was created.

Break out your general discussions into seperate threads.

wink

Royal Knight
there is always a chance...

they just started season 4..so he might fly again smile

TheFilmProphet
Exactly. It will most likely happen since they are planning at least about 6 seasons.

Samurai Guy
I doubt he will fly again.

There are only two powers that Superman does not have yet in Smallville. Superbreath and Flight

TheFilmProphet
What about thunderclaps and the ability to drill those holes into the ground.

Samurai Guy
Thunderclaps are relative to speed and strength, and drilling holes is speed.

TheFilmProphet
Whatever it may be we still haven't seen it be done on Smallville. So there is still at least three things we haven't seen him do thunderclap, drill, and superbreath.

Samurai Guy
True.

But they are not really Powers... more just things he can do as a result of powers. But I see your point.

TheFilmProphet
It helps them more because that way the more things he hasn't done yet the longer the show can run.

Samurai Guy
From what I know, season 5 is the end.

BloomBabyGirl
yuh....no. the jedi dude asked what happened when clark flew

that sux that season 5 is the end. tats when they should make the supreman movie

Samurai Guy
Nothing is etched in stone, but that is speculation

TheFilmProphet
I thought that post was directed at me since since you quoted me in it.

They talked about having 6-7 seasons so lets just hope.

BloomBabyGirl
o i c. i meant the smilie toward u. i hope they have it longer en season 5 tho

Samurai Guy
*knocks on wood*

TheFilmProphet
yeah me too.

Samurai Guy
I love the thing sig.

TheFilmProphet
Thanks cool I can try to make you one if you want.

Samurai Guy
No, I am pleased with my current signature.

Mr Parker
so how do you like mine Sumarai Guy,the message abovie my sig below? big grin anyways,I dont know if this has been mentioned yet since I have not read through this thread,but I am wondering when he will fly as clark kent instead of kalel again? maybe the last few episodes of the season,thats what I have always thought anyways.

Samurai Guy
You sig and avi are awesome... and by Sonys Man-Spider... what are you referring to? (Organics were an aboniation)

Anyways... one of the rules of the show, or so I have heard, was that Clark DOES NOT fly. I dont know if they will stay true to this, but that was what I heard.

Mr Parker
Well yeah but I am betting that at least by the final episode of the show when the show finally ends,that the final episode of the whole series,we will see him Fly as Superman and get set to leave for new york. smile

Samurai Guy
New York? You mean Metropolis? blink

...Spider-man fans.... laughing

He has flown as Clark a few times, but they were when he was sleeping.

Mr Parker
thats the thing I dont like about this show is it betrays the comics.Because The Daily Planet is in New york, after all Superman has run into spider-man and batman before in the comics.thats where metropolis is also,now all of a sudden with this show,there are two daily Planet newspapers,one in kansas and one in new york and two metropolis cities with this show.

Samurai Guy
blink Spider-man? When did DC and Marvel cross those two over?

Mr Parker
you didnt know about the two meetings of spider-man and superman teaming up? Yeah spidey fought Supes briefly once.Spidey after realising the only thing he would get from pounding on Supes so much,would be broken fingers,sat down and listened to Supes and they ironed out their misunderstandings.It was a HUGE magazine wriiten like back in the early 80's I believe with superman trying to stop Lex Luthor and spidey trying to stop Dr Doom from controlling the world.They had to team up to stop that team up combination..Then around the same time,there was another story written where Peter went to work for the Daily Planet and Clark came to work for Jameson at the daily bugle.They then ended up having spidey having to stop Dr Doom from a mad scientist experiment and whoever that villian of supes is that can absord supes powers by touching him,him and supes fought at it while spidey and doom went at it. To my knowledge though,I dont think spidey has ever crossed paths with bats though.wish he would sometime,that would be cool. smile

Samurai Guy
If young Clark meets young Bruce Wayne? That would be cool!

...the only thing I ever remember seeing about DC and Marvel was X-Men and Teen Titans against Dark Phoenix.

Mr Parker
Yeah I hope this year we get to see young Bruce wayne on Smallville.

Samurai Guy
I would love that. Let him be one of Lex's friends or something that he met at Excelsior Prep or something

NateDawgNT
woah woah woah - Metropolis is definitely definitely not not not in New York. New York doesnt exist in the DCU - that's in the Marvel Universe. ALWAYS - Gotham, Edge City, Metropolis - these are cities from DCU - there is no New York - Metropolis IS NOT IN NEW YORK - it REPLACES NEW YORK - and its hella bigger, and also - after the first season - I'm pretty sure they moved Metropolis further away. The only places in the DCU that are in the real world are Kansas, Cali and Washington DC

NateDawgNT
and running into Batman wouldnt prove anything about New York seeing as Batman is from Gotham and HE comes TO metropolis to see supes or do somethin or vice versa - and crossover comics b/w 2 publishers are NEVER in continuity or the Punisher would have actually tried to kill Archie

TheFilmProphet
There is rumors about Tom Welling having a cameo in Batman Begins playing Clark Kent but nothing official.

BloomBabyGirl
eek! that would be awesome. but i dont really like batman so..o man when i was young, i used to think metropolis was a real place or like a nick name for manhatten..ah to be young and stupid

jokun
Sorry, just stumbled onto this forum. Uh, yeah, New York (Manhattan) absolutely does exist in DC. That's where the Teen/Team Titans had their base of operations, as well as the Justice League. They had a base at the United Nations building.

Samurai Guy
All the places in the DC world are modelled after real cities.

hotsauce6548
i jus started watchin Smallville cuz they started the re-runs. i watched a couple of the brand new episodes. but i didnt see the first one of the new season. what's the difference between clark and kal-el? if they look different, could somebody post a pic of kal-el? if they dont look different i guess they act different, right?

hotsauce6548
also doesnt superman have the ability to see things like real close up? dont they call it microscopic vision or sumthing like that?

adamrubin
what epiosode does clark fly in?

darthmaul1
it was the last season first episode that he flew in
the episode where he had to get one of the stones from Lex's jet and he flew right up to it opened the door and walked in and took the stone.

adamrubin
yes but what is the episdoe called

mtryder
The episode was called Crusade.

As for the whole New York/Metropolis thing, both New York AND Metropolis exist in the DC universe. They are most definitely not the same place. Real cities, such as New York and Washington, and made up cities, such as Metropolis, Gotham, and Edge City, exist in parallel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.