Hulk Vs. Mr. Hyde & Dante (movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautFan
for those of you who dont know, i'm talking about "league of extraordinary gentlemen". also, dante would be the bigger badder version of mr hyde in that movie. yeah, the big strong red guy. but i do have to say something, this fight is where neither mr. hyde nor dante run out of the serum that amps them up from human form into what they are. so they dont "burn" the formula.

ok, now an evaluation, of coarse the comic book version of hulk is just plain out badder than he was in the movie. bar none. he wasnt -totally- impressive in the movie. aside from hurling a fully loaded 70 ton tank (quite impressive) what looks to be damn near a mile, hulk wasnt incredibly powerful. his punchs didnt seem to be any more devastating than that of mr hyde or dante's in the movie. so i'm thinking that the pair just might be able to take it to hulk atleast for a while.

another thing i noticed was the durability of the characters. it took a missile exploding to cut hulk in the movie (should also be noted though it was a near miss, if there is such a thing)........ where as a sword was cutting dante's skin in the movie (captain nemo's sword). even the dogs werent doing much but scuffing up hulks skin. so i'd have to give the edge to hulk here. but to the credit of the duo, mr. hyde took a hell of a beating from dante, without to much wear and tear.

so i'm just wondering what everybody thought about this fight. its been eating at me, until i finally got time to post...... so who wins this clash of the titans (movie version)??

Paola
moving to vs forum...

chilled monkey
A very difficult one. I'd say that between them, Hyde and Dante could take him. As you note, the movie Hulk seemed weaker than the comics. He might be able to beat one, but not both of them.

JuggernautFan
i was thinking hulks initial size would be somewhat close to what hyde was in the movie. so dante would probably have the power advantage until hulk *got mad*. but he would still have 2 people to worry about. 2 people that are roughly close in strength, and a little more intelligent. atleast hyde showed intelligence somewhat. both sides get tired (evident from the movies) hulk was tired after he was finished with the dogs....... and dante and hyde wore each other down. but not to the point where they couldnt have kept going......

so come on people lets here some more opinions.

crazyspinz
hulk would absolutly own them, he is way way stronger and more durable, dante wat hurt by a sword, hulk took like 100000 shots from a machine gun without flinching, he aslo beat the sh*t out of the hulk dogs, who would own hyde and dante

JuggernautFan
i can tell either 1) you are a hulk fanboy or 2) you havnt watched both movies. i doubt bullets have anything to do with it. ever tried to shoot a bullet proof vest??? guess what its not knife proof. apples and oranges

also, hulk didnt own the dogs, as i recall he was scuffed up and breatheing quite heavy at the end of the fight, then reverted back to banner. hmmmmm seems to me that he would have his hands full with dante and mr hyde. both of whom were very impressive physical combatants in the movie.

spyrokinesi35
hulk man

crazyspinz
hulk has healing too, and plus hulks skin isnt like a bullet proff vest, example: shoot a plate of steel, the bullet goes threw, stab it with a sword nothing happens

JuggernautFan
hulks skin is hardly a plate of steal. its more liken to kevlar. tough and flexible, not hard and immobile. also about the dogs, it says point blank in the movie "powerful but unstable" which could mean thats why hulk was able to tear them apart. perhaps hulk wouldnt have been able to do this under other circumstances. i think dante and hyde would take this fight, until hulk was raged out enough to be the size of dante then physically overwhelm them. but he would have to do it before he tired himself out.

crazyspinz
both those guys are big, but hulk is wat stronger, and way faster, he out ran a missle, cought it, and spit it at a helicopter, he chucked a tank like a mile, and hyde could barly open that hatch door, and plus, hulk survied a nuke at the end of the movie, u seem to over look that

JuggernautFan
it wasnt a nuke, it was a gamma bomb, and it was nowhere near the size of a nuke. a nuclear weapon would have cause waaaaaaaaay more destruction. i also think i can throw things alot farther than i can punch them. hulks punchs did what in the movie to the dogs?? made it spin in a circle...... big whoop, but hyde and dante were sending each other flying around the room with thier punchs (much more powerful) not to mention that they weigh more than the dogs. hmmm, seems to me that hulk isnt any stronger, and cant punch any harder atleast initially.

crazyspinz
umm, hulks punches also kinda exploded the dogs in a green mush, u forget that too, and that gamma bomb would have toaly wiped out dante and hyde, hulk is way stronger, and who said that they way more than the dogs, hyde is like wut 8, 9 feet tall, these dogs wher like some 10 feet long, and like 7 feet tall, dante yes is way bigger, but hyde no way, and hulk did bust out of that under ground base with ease, were there wher like 100 US marines, and there wher tanks, apachies, and things of that sort waiting for him, hyde had trouble with like 40 guys with guns that totaly suck compared to modern weaponry, and he also survived that like 100000 foot drop of the fighter jet, the hulk can jump like 20Xs further than dante could punch him, hulk would own

JuggernautFan
no i didnt forget, it said the dogs were "unstable" could that have -something- to do with it???

prove it.......

prove it.........

hyde looked to be almost as big as hulk in the dog fight scene. he was towering over people just as hulk was. not sure where you are drawing your conclusion from.

hulk was shown the way out. but he was trashing the place. did ya watch the movie??

first there will be no weapons of any kind..... last i checked hulk didnt use them. if anything hyde has the intelligence to use a weapon. but other than that its going to be fist to fist. so this is kinda...... irrelavant.

he didnt have any trouble with guys...... he was beating them up.

oh you mean where he landed in water??? oh yea i remember that one.

crazyspinz
ok, first of all, the water thing, have u ever done a belly flop?, if so u would know that water is quite densem in fact at terminal vilocity water is feels mutch marder than steel or concrete, and with the weapons i didnt say hulk has using them, i said he beat them, and hyde couldnt, hyde did not take one bullet in that entire movie, in fact he ran from bullets, hulk didnt care about them, and hulk tossed a tank like a mile, hyde had trouble opening that door and flipping those switches when the ship was sinking

JuggernautFan
but you dont know the circumstances of the switch, how tight it was or how much pressure was applied. also, water is nowhere near as hard as concrete or steele for that matter. do an experiment, jump out of a plane and hit water...... the water gives way. then go back up in the air plane and jump out a second time. this time fall on some concrete and steele. SPLAT would be what we would have to call you from then on. please dont make not so intelligent comparisons. water is nowhere near as dense as steel or concrete. also, bullets are non factors i will debate that no longer. bullets are not going to be in the fight, so its not helping the debate any. hyde was taking shots from a much bigger opponent, one that was atleast as powerful as hulk, and handled them pretty well. i dont think hulk has this one as easily as you make it sound.

TheFilmProphet
It depends how you land into the water.

JuggernautFan
no it doesnt............ it is in noway shape or form nearly as dense as concrete OR steel.

TheFilmProphet
I'm not even going to respond to your post. Its pointless.

JuggernautFan
you brought it up not me smile

TheFilmProphet
I wans't talking about the water.

Tron
Well, the water thing; it's not as dense, that's true. But, if you fall from high enough, and you don't have Hulk-like durability, then you might as well just hit some concrete, cause you're not surviving it, no matter how you look at it. I hate to disagree with you there Jugfan, but it's true.

And, Hyde didn't look about as big as Hulk in the hulk-dog fight, I'll have to watch the movie again though.

For what it's worth though, I did like the Hyde-Dante fight, it's what I said the Hulk movie should've been, regardless, I think Hulk has this one. They might put up a decent fight at fight, but of course Hulk, well, Hulk's up (damnit, Hulk Hogan flashback) and will take them out. Also, Hyde and Dante were pretty tough, but definitely not as durable as Hulk, as we all remember what happened to Dante. And Hyde was being detained in Nemo's sub, he gave them a hard ass time, but detained nontheless. Now if Hulk were in his shoes (doubt that he would get there to begin with, unless it's Banner), he would've thrown all those guys into, or through (if that's possible), the walls, and proceeded to tearing apart that sub until he got out and left the rest to sink. Like I said, I think they'd give a decent fight, but it goes to Hulk in the end.

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

JuggernautFan
i know -I- wouldnt survive a fall. but it still doesnt change the fact that water isnt as dense as the other 2 materials, and 2) dante and hyde are not human level durability anyway. they were knocking each other through stone pillars. i think its safe to assume water isnt gonna hurt em smile

if he wasnt as big he was damn close smile also, dante was alot bigger, he gripped hyde in his hand.

but why would hulk have it??

well we are not certain that he was crushed, his formula could have also been running out, so he could have been weakened. so thats probably not a valid point.

this is where i disagree totally. if hyde wanted to it looked as if he could have gotten free. hulk was detained in the army base was he not?? could he find a way out?? hyde was more or less standing in the center and twisting about a bit. he also has some intelligence and some reasoning ability. which is why i think he was just standing there. later on when the doctor was talking with "hyde" i think nemo feared for his ship because he was willing to take action against the dr. to not have the "brute free on his ship". so detained?? i'm not sure about that.

well hulk can be dragged by a net like anybody else, no leverage or time to think. but his simple mind wouldnt have been able to comprehend what was going on around him, thus a rampage would have ensued. thats why hulk would have broken free....... in that particular circumstance.

like i said before, i think this would be a good fight, but i think dante, and hyde could draw the fight out long enough to wear down on hulk. i think its 50/50 maybe leaning towards hulk a little. no walk in the park. but definately a fight i'd pay to see.

crazyspinz
ok im back for another day, and a cubic meter of water weighs about a ton, and that is pretty friggin dense, and hulk did beat that absorbing dude, and he packed WAY more punch then the whole leage put together, hyde was held down in the naugtilist by some chains, he want held down very well, but he was held down, hulk broke out of a lot of crazy sh*t that is way tuffer than chains, and dante was hurt alot by that stab in the hand by that sword from nemo, a normal person, hulk took like 100 bites from those hulk dogs with would do way more damge than nemo and his little tooth pick

Tron
Please, no mentions of Absorbing Dad, I'm still trying to get him out of my head. no expression

TheFilmProphet
Too bad. stick out tongue

spyrokinesi35
smart hulk, war hulk, or maestro could beat him, but not movie hulk. also the movie (the onle that recently came out) hulk is 15 ft. tall and weighs 1050 pounds, but the rrgular hulk is only 7 ft. and weighs 1050 pounds. i'm only with the hulk b/c i've never even seen hyde or dante and I've never seen them in action. I didn't even know that this movie was a dc product. laughing

JuggernautFan
its a dc product??

crazyspinz
back to topic of hulk totaly owning these 2, you guys are assuming too mutch, u can only bas this fight on wut u saw in the movie, and all they did was break afew stone pillars, and dante died when a factory fell on him, hulk had like a mountain fall on top of him, got shot by a tank, out ran a helecopter, and beat up the nortorios poodle man (absorbing dad, sorry tron)

JuggernautFan
i'm glad you are here, you make this thread interesting.

just because......... YOU say so?? i doubt it.

exactly, let me explain.......

yes but thier punching power sent each other flying through those stone pillars. what did hulks punching power do to the dogs??? it sure didnt uproot them from where they were standing. it sure didnt knock them through anything......... i'd say dante and hyde have the stronger/better punching abilities wouldnt you??

there are 2 things that can be said about this. hyde said that 1) dante was burning through the formula at an accelerated rate. so he could have been running out while he was being crushed........ also, thats just the last you see of him, that doesnt mean he died.

it was far from a mountain. it was alot of rock, but when he emerges you see he is close to the surface (under only the top layer). also, running has nothing to do with fighting ability. also i think you should re-watch the movie. hulk didnt get shot by the tank. he held up the other section that he had just tore off, and the tank blasted that. which -STILL- hurt him.

crazyspinz
well hulk did punch those dogs pretty friggin far, and he does have that healing factor, witch u neglect to speak of

JuggernautFan
yea, he does, but it doesnt stop him from getting tired, or getting hurt. i remember hulk throwing the dogs, but punching them far??? maybe i'll have to go re-watch that scene, but i still dont recall it.

crazyspinz
yes it does stop hulk from getting tired, you see, unlike dante and hyde, who will get tired and will get weaker, (slowly) as the fight goes on, hulk will get stronger the more he fights

JuggernautFan
watch the movie..... since the movie version is what we are talking about. soon after the fight, hulk is TIRED. his healing factor did not stop him, and he reverted back to human form. if that were to happen in this fight dante and hyde would destroy banner. i think hulk could lose this fight, 1 mess up is all it takes. and thats easy to do with 2 opponents.

crazyspinz
ok, so dante would go back in like 10min cuz of his poition wharing of, and u cant even argue hyde would take him alone

JuggernautFan
the fight is about 1) hulk vs dante AND hyde 2) the potion isnt going to wear off, cause i want to know who you think would win in a physical match up. read the first post when i started the thread please smile i gave the rules to the fight.

crazyspinz
ok, then hulk wouldnt go back to banner

crazyspinz
and i did read that part

JuggernautFan
well there are 2 things i want to say.

yes it seems fair that hulk wouldnt go back to banner. i agree, but i also disagree at the same time....... why??? well, running out of the formula for hyde and dante is different than them getting tired. if they run out of the formula back to human, but if they get tired they are still amped up. which is why i added that in the first place.

so i guess to make things fair, hulk doesnt revert either. a physical match up. which still doesnt garauntee hulk a victory, because he has 2 opponents, and they were very powerful at that.

crazyspinz
no offence, but i would compare hydes strength to that of spiderman, lizard or maybe the new beast, and dante would be compareable to the thing or rhyno. hulk is far superior to them in strength. i know this probably means nothing to u but honestly, wut did hyde do in the movie to prove he should even be in the same thread as hulk, dante i can understand, but still hulk has him quite out matched

JuggernautFan
maybe the comic version of hulk has them outmatched, i would agree. but the movie version?? i think hyde was just as strong, as evident in thier punching power. they were just as powerful as hulks blows, i dont understand what you dont get about that.

crazyspinz
there punching power? Im a stats fanatic as far as superheros go, and when the LXG movie can out i looked at the stats at lxgmovie.com, that site has ben closed now because the movie is no longer in theaters, but it said that hydes musles are 10xs denser than a normal humans, and that he weighed about 500 lbs. dante probably wighs 1000lbs, same as hulk, but his musles are probably 100xs denser than that of a human. on the hulk dvd, it showed his stats, i own it. it says something like being 1000000xs stronger and durable than a normal human. so by comaring them to something that both movies talked about, hulk is a clear winner

JuggernautFan
let me relate to you something........ a hobby of mine. something i enjoy very much that can be likened to this very subject. i am a car audio enthusiast. i love to hear bass, and i love to compete at shows....

now how might this compare to this particular fight. well, let me tell you. if you were to pick a subwoofer purely on stats, then you would learn the hard way that you are wasting alot of time and money. now if you listen around, and pick a subwoofer according to performance, then you learn alot more. if you go by stats, that my friend, is why you will never be loud. so lets apply this to the fight, that my friend, is why it isnt valid. because you are relying on stats, and stats only, while i compare the actual performance of the subwoofers/combatants.

hyde was powerful himself, let alone dante. so whos to say that slip up on hulks part couldnt cause him a loss??? would this happen everytime?? no. but could it happen?? of coarse it could. hulk's movie version isnt "the strongest one there is" because he was a watered down version of his comic book counterpart. so i'm still thinking that hyde and dante have what it takes.

CONQUCUS
ONE MAN SPEAK WITH LOGIC THE OTHER WITH PASSION HMPH.
STRENGTH ASIDE, THE HULK REGARDLESS OF WHAT IVE HEARD CERTAIN KNUCKLEHEADS SAY THE HULKK SHOWED GREATER RESISTANCE TO IMPACT GREATER PUNCHING POWER REMEMBER THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO? HULKS FIST CAUSED AN EARTHQUAKE
GRAETER LIFTTING POWER REGENERATION LEAPING ABILITY RUNNING SPEED AND REFLEXES DID YOU SEE BOTH MOVIES OH WAIT IFORGOT THE HULK FLOPPED BECAUSE OF WORD OF MOUTH FOM IDIOTS WAITING FOR LOU FERRIGNO SO NOBODY ACTUALLY CHECKED IT OUT

CONQUCUS
There is a misconception that the movie hulk was waterd down he wasn't the pace of the movie was. if you pay attention the hulk was fighting the modern U.S. military, their toys included alone. hyde fought a 19th century terrorist organization that seemed at time to make me want to scream cobraaaaaaah!!!!

CONQUCUS
by the way hyde had backup

CONQUCUS
hyde and dante would only lose theyed lose badly you keep say tired after the dog fight but the key word is after when allowed himself to relax, not during. dante showed impressive stamina but hyde looked like he not only was burning serum but himself out as well while ultimately getting pummeled by big bad dante. however dante was injured by a weapon that would have no effect on the hulk. even in Japan the gun finally beat the sword

bigboygreen
Hulk pops there heads like pimples.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.