Close look on vader in EpIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thenoxeht
guys, I don't know if anyone has taken the time to check this out but if you haven't, you really should.. I was taking a look at the bluescreen scene of sidious and vader, which might be so interesting that you forget to take a closer look at the details.

Vader's arm is chained to something similar to what we saw palpatine in when he's in the trade federation ship. This could mean that Vader was out of control after joining to the darkside, or Had to pledge loyalty to the darkside before being unleashed(most likely),

It definately adds to the story considering siths don't trust eachother at ALL.

Either way interesting stuff.. Debate!

Darth_Duffy
i think this has actually been looked at before, my theory is that perhaps this scene is when anakin/vader first awakes in the costume and is restrained because he might (and probly will) freak out.

thenoxeht
could be but we know that anakin decides to join the dark side, palpatine may fear his power (being the chosen one and all)..
It's a bit early to expect anakin revolting against his new master too but hey... After seeing episode 2, hayden might be frustrated that he can't wear a cool cloak like palpy anymore

Darth_Duffy
im not debating that we know that anakin decides to join the darkside, but waking up with artificial organs, a helmet and big black suit would freak anybody out

Batman316
agreed

darktim1
he probibley would be shackled to the thing or something because palpatine would'nt know what he would do to him or anyone around when he woke up.

rayj
that's really freaky if you think about it, imagine waking up in that crap smokin' Happy Dance

Gangularis
imagine waking up in that crap with an itch on your nose!!

I'd FLIP OUT!!

Sith Master X
lol

Darth_Nefarus
I bet he goes berserk and begins screaming for Padme and freaks out when he fins out he kills her. Hopefully he'll force choke a few fools.

SomeGuy57
This probably isnt right but maybe when Annikan falls into the lava he gets amnesia and forgets most everything and its not untill ROTJ then he really starts to remember and decides to save Luke. This theory would also make him freak out when he wakes up and sees himself in a suit not knowing who he is or where he is. This is most likely wrong but whatever, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Mace Skywalker
I'm not trying to argue with you, cuz my friends and i argue about this all the time. But I always thought that luke was the "Chosen one." The one to bring balance to the force.

NateDawgNT
i hope we see him freak out and yell we;ve never really seen vader upset or out of control, he always had a calm about him and we've never heard him yell

shaber
Are you sure this is from Ep III? Vader is pointing as he does in the second/original messed trilogy! After converting to the Dark Side Vader was assaulted by Kenobi resulting in the injuries ad nauseam.

Imagine how terrible it must be to not be able to masturbate any more sad or do anything.

Darth_Duffy
Anakin is the chosen one, confirmed by Lucas himself

KeitaroYevon
Of course he is. I mean, WHO was the one who killed the Emperor??? Do we all remember. Luke played an important role in the prophecy. He brought back the "good side" of Anakin, so he could throw old skin bag Palps into the bottomless pit of despair and terror. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!

I mean it begs the question: In the entire 6-part series, who IS the true protagonist: Luke or Anakin. Does Luke pick up where Anakin left off, or does Anakin get restored and complete his destiny?

Clai Keboa
Keitaro Good point! - I always thought it was strange how only one person could bring balance back to the force.It would have meant that Anakin used light & dark sides of the force,think about it you cant have good without evil - that is the balance.When Anakin is young,it's the Jedi's hayday (Good) & when he becomes Darth Vader,The Empire has risen (Evil).So in fact he has gone both sides of the force.Luke on the other hand is definatly a good guy (no question there),but you see him use force chokes (darkside) and uses his saber is a aggresive form (like his father did).I know Anakin is the chosen one,but to me Luke does seem more of a balance of the force as he uses both sides of the force.
Does that make sense?

queeq
Luke's a better and more dramatic candidate for Chosen One, but GL said Anakin's the one. Unfortunately.

Clai Keboa
So just because GL "said so" is it not worth discussing???

That's a bit of a cop out isn't it

Gangularis
is it me, or does this image of vader look like he's in a cheap store bought costume?

http://www.clan01.com/images/data/media/2/weird_lookin_darth.jpg

it doesn't seem to look like this one at all:

http://www.clan01.com/images/data/media/2/BirthOfVaderLucas.jpg

maybe it wasn't done in the top one.. .heh.

regardless.. vader just doesn't look right giving two thumbs up..

Gangularis
bump.

queeq
It was a fitting session dude. They still had to polish it up or even paint the shiny black on the suit. Plus in the bluescreen setting it was also lit. Don't worry, he'll look fine.

Gangularis
oooh in the bottom one he looks friggin perfect!! just the top one, he looked really friggin goofy, and i just wondered if i was the only one who was thinkin this when they saw that first shot of him in the suit.

queeq
The suit's not finished there... *sigh*

Check out the Return of Darth VAder vid on the OT DVD's. You can see how it looks before it's painted there.,

DirectorFitz
Yeah...before that top one Gangularis, the suit was tan......would you rather have that or the top one?

unknown hero
He looks a bit skinny...but as queeq said I'm sure he'll look fine in the end...

jedijunky1138
The point is that the suit is the same as in ANH. There is no prototype suit showing up in RTOS. The pics are proof positive

krmgbp
That is soooo cool. I can't wait for this film!!!

Gangularis
why are you sighing?? i proposed myself that it just wasn't all finished right where i posted my pic:

Darth Jello
no, it's a new semetrical darth vader, the one in ANH has a smaller mask and a different cape, and red eyes. there are several differences between each movie. I mean, it's prolly due to technology advancing, changes in clothes, or the simple fact that if i were a jedi about to be exterminated by vader i'd prolly start hitting buttons as a last resort. treat his chest like a frickin' burger time arcade machine.

Gangularis
even in those pics, the helmet appears to be taller in the dome in the bottom pic than in the top one..

jedijunky1138
You people are over analizing the suit. It is suposed to look the same as in ANH. The only diff is the symatry of the mask.

captainmidnight
why?

Sith Master X
Well think about it, it's likely that after 20 years, a few things about Vader's suit would have changed. At least that's how I look at it.

GCG
the last pic is by far the coolest pic ever.

captainmidnight
yeah your right,i hope they keep the eyes red i havent seen to many pics of anakin in the suit,i'm kinda pic starving myself....

Sith Master X
Lol, we'll all definitely see it on the big screen. We probably should wait for that too so we don't spoil the excitment, but it's so hard not to peak. lol

captainmidnight
yeah tell me about it i'm thin as a rail.......

jedijunky1138
But the pictures plainly show the suit looking just like the original.

captainmidnight
nooooo...his head looks different!!!!

jedijunky1138
Sorry but I just don't see it.

captainmidnight
i agreed with you hear dude,the mask or head or however you wanna say it,it looks a tad,a shade different....just a opinion though.....

jedijunky1138
The only reason they made it symetrical is because they CAN.

captainmidnight
yeah...aint CGI the s**t......

jedijunky1138
The suit is not going to be CGI. They made half of the mask, then scanned it into a computer. After the scan was complete they duplicated the first half and then flip it. Then they mated the two halfs together, used some kind of CNC Mill to make the mask.

captainmidnight
do they say what kind of material they use,i know its plastic and all,but is it some kind of "special" plastic?

Darth Jello
i think the dvd mentioned fiberglass...

jedijunky1138
the hood is fiberglass. I think the mask is made fo resin, or at least the mold is.

Member.
jeez, it's just a helmet guys....

Cipher
I really hope they shoot those scenes in a way that makes Vader look tall enough. If Vader is suddenly shorter in this movie, I'll be pissed.....

OB1-adobe
A lot of people have been complaining about Vader's shoulder piece. How it is one piece in the ep.3 preview, and it is not in the OT. Well actually it is one piece in Return of the Jedi.

captainmidnight
not to be a buzzkill, but we are over analizing a bit i guess,i'm sure he'll look fine!!!!!! GL is human and yes there is gonna be a few glitches,but i'm not going to analize that stuff to death,i'm gonna enjoy the films and not worry so much......

jedijunky1138
When we see Vader, we will know its Vader. It's that simple. I don't think Lucas had in mind useing a prototype suit.

captainmidnight
i agree dude!!!!!

amity75
When we see Vader in the EPIII clip we can see a very normal looking Palpatine walking up the stairs behind him. Assuming this is the scene when Vader wakes up in his new form we must assume that Palpatine has yet to be deformed and must indeed get this way due to something that Vader does.

captainmidnight
yeah some people are saying that, but i hope its yoda who does that to him!!!!!

PVS
he's masking his true apearence with the force.
thats my story and im stickin to it stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Maybe they just didn't put the makeup on because all we see is the back of his head in those particular shots.

Over Analyzing Alert!

Its programed to go off before you do.

amity75
huh

Clai Keboa
The DS is eating him away. In AOTC he looks thiner faced, older & paler than he did in TPM. Assuming that there's what 10yrs between TPM & AOTC, & then a few more yrs to ROTS & from there 20yrs to ESB (the 1st time we see him in the OT) don't you all think he would be looking like he does in ROTJ?. I don't think anybody does that to him not Vader or Yoda, i think its what happens when you become all consumed by the Darkside of the Force. More of a moral point from our old friend GL - Evil destroys you!!.

captainmidnight
but dooku has been corrupted by the darkside and he doesnt look all f**cked up, i wanna see yoda do it!!!!!

Red Leader
It is not!

Darth Jello
alright, I don't know how many damn times I have to repeat myself, but it was published in an issue of insider that palpatine's appearance is due to something "very specific that happens in episode III"

D-Double
Hell yeah! I wanna see him cutting folks to shreds and laughing all the way. I'm guessing when he first hits rock bottom, he's a frigg'n psycho and it takes him about 18 years to calm down. Damn, a young Darth Vader is a scary thought.

D-Double
HA! eek! laughing laughing

What? There's a EPIII clip? Where...Where....For the love of God, somebody's gotta help me.

Darth Jello
what?

Gangularis
there's nothing wrong with analyzing it.. i was just inquiring if whether or not one helmet looked really different than the other one.. i didn't say there was anything wrong with it ... just being inquisitive.

Gangularis
and i actually agree with PVS that palps is clouding his appearance.

read all the articles in the latest Insider.. there's a fan question section and one question starts with "What do the Sith want revenge for??" in that response george lucas mentions how sidious has been personally waiting for about 1000 years for this time. so he's obviously gonna be much older than he appears.

Darth Jello
huh? are you sure that the sith haven't been waiting for a thousand years? Palpatine is not Bane's apprentice

Gangularis
didn't say he was... just read the article.

anyway... isn't Bane UE?

Darth Jello
Darth Bane is a gray area since he was first mentioned in the episode I novelization and in the script of the rough draft.

Gangularis
ah ic

PVS
what amuses me is when some folks here
tell others that they are overanalysing star wars...

i thought thats why we're all here!?!?!? laughing out loud
its FANTASY people! the fact that we endlessly discuss
SW here makes us ALL overanalytical geeks,
so get over it stick out tongue

anyway, part of the reason i feel palps is 1000 years old is
the idea that the darkside seems to be able to "stop people from dying"
it kept vader alive, and i think its what has kept palps alive.
i think to reveal that he is that old will show just what an abomination he is.

jedijunky1138
The Dark Side! The Dark Side! I feel it creeping in.... In the back of my mind I here my master say "Overanalysing leads to the dark side."!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo............

PVS
it is unavoidable...it is your destiny stick out tongue

jedijunky1138
*covers eyes with hand and runs away* NNOOOOOOOooooooooo.........

guiro72
interesting....

we appear to have confirmation that palpatine is indeed over 1000 years old here....there was a huge discussion on this topic a while back, so if you can back this up somehow gangularis, i would be interested to see that....can't believe people aren't showing more interest in this revelation considering the heated debate that once took place over the topic....

the footage of normal looking palpatine appearing after vader dons the suit is also perhaps an interesting clue to the answer of an old question, although the point that ian's face may not be in shot is well taken....

and jello, it is true that it was said the transformation is the result of some specific dramatic event that takes place in ep III....my memory of it is that it was mcallum, i thought answering a question at a fan event, but may have been in insider....if you could back it up, maybe with a scan, or an exact quote....this would debunk the "palpatine is hiding his appearance" theory....always important to keep in mind that mcallum could be just screwing with our heads as well though....

darktim1
he probibley wants us fans to still think so they can keep the movie a surprise for us fans.

guiro72
yeah darktim, that's kinda what i was getting at.....i guess my cynical nature makes me word it that way.....

in response to thenoxeht's original post.....i believe vader begins the scene in a horizontal position on something similar to an operating table....he is then raised to a vertical position by rotation of the surface....is it possible that the "shackles" are simply to hold him in place on the table?....just a thought.....

PVS
it proves nothing
RM never said events in ep3 would cause his deformation.

"Ep3 will explain how and why Palpatine looks the way he does in ROTJ and why he did not look like that in Ep1 & 2" -PH

guiro72
ok....this is why i requested an exact quote, in context if possible....only the quote i read did contain the phrase "specific dramatic event" from memory, so perhaps you are referring to a different quote....i have no point to prove here by the way, as i am still undecided myself....my initial feeling after seeing phantom menace for the first time was that it was the dark side corrupting him over the course of time, so you see if this quote was true, it would prove me wrong as well....

PVS
there is a great list of quotes at TF.Net

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/

im sure if such a revelation of a quote were spoken,
it would have shown up here.

guiro72
i saw it with my own eyes chief....so did others....

not on supershadow either....

thanks for the link, should be good....even though i have a distaste for tfn...

jedijunky1138
Palatine has more than one look/style of appearance in the film. -PH

Ep3 will explain how and why Palpatine looks the way he does in ROTJ and why he did not look like that in Ep1 & 2. -PH

There is definitely more backstory developed for Palpatine in Episode III. By 2005, you'll know more about Palpatine than you ever did -- which I realize, isn't saying much. But you'll get some idea of his origins. -PH

A fw interesting quotes from the gang at the ranch.

PVS
yeah, the whole "yoda farts" thing got me really pissed at them.
but when they post facts, those facts are reliable.

not as reliable as supershadow....but.....
(sarcasm intended)

jedijunky1138
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooo............

guiro72
despite my distaste for tfn, i do find myself visiting them when i am out looking for spoilers, they do often get good information - this is true....

i have visited the page you linked to before, it's a pretty handy reference....however: Last Updated: April 21st, 2004

almost six months ago....the quote i'm referring to was more recent than that i'm pretty sure....it was either in insider, an online chat or at a fan convention....

found something else interesting there though, in regards to anakin's placement on the council....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.