Gravestones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clai Keboa
Ok here's one for you (sorry if its been discussed before). I watched the OT DVD a couple of nights ago and i thought ok the gravestones from Ep2 were not going to be in front of the Larrs Homestead in Ep4, but why did GL put them there in the first place??. I think he should have put the graves at the back, not the front then it wouldnt seem strange that they are not there in Ep4 - i mean if they have been removed why? wasnt Luke meant to know about his Grandmother? or was it to protect him from the Emperor and Vader? if so isnt it stupid for Luke to be called Skywalker in the first place???

Your thoughts please

Ushgarak
Basically, the answer to your question is yes, it is odd that he is called Skywalker.

Clai Keboa
So what do u think happend to the gravestone of his Grandmother?

Ushgarak
Well, as you suggest, they were trying to keep Luke away from his past. Sure, they could have made stuff up, but it was probably better for them to completely remove overt clues; you never know what someone else might have said about her.

Clai Keboa
very true, i was just wondering how they would explain this. I know there's 20 odd yrs between the films and GL wouldnt just put the Grave in the "new" OT dvd but i wonder if they will be moved in Ep3? possibly when Luke is taken to the Larrs place

Ushgarak
I'm not sure they will have either the time or inclination to do that, but we shall see.

Clai Keboa
we shall indeed - well this was my first thread. Thanks for joinin in Ushgarak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.