Deathstroke vs. Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tron
Okay, here's the scenario. Someone hires Deathstroke to sneak into Latveria and take out assassinate Dr. Doom. Surely enough, Doom possibly already knows that he's coming, and Deathstroke probably knows of this also. Now, I seriously doubt Deathstroke would actually succeed in killing Doom, not the real one anyways (as he would probably go through a good number of Doom-bots), but how far do y'all think he could actually get?

Mane
that would be a cool fight, but Doom is more than capable of handling Deathstroke (defeating him not killing him).

Paola
opened

Tron
The thread's back!! thank you Paola.Happy Dance

Into the Void
Actually, if Doom wanted to kill deathstroke, he'd hire him to kill one of his enemies, and then send him into a trap.

Viper
Doom would probably play around with him a while before finishing him off. He takes it easily

Mane
yeah thats what i think.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Doom would win but i doubt it would be easy seeing as how Deathstroke did take down alot of the jla with just a laser pointer and a sword.

Tron
I think Deathstroke could possibly take out a Doombot or two.wink

Tron
:BUMP:wink

Sorry for all the old threads folks, I'm deployed in Guam and bored as hell right now, lol.

Tron
Deathstroke gets offered a job from an unknown client, to sneak into Latveria and assassinate it's ruler, Dr. Doom!

Now, does Slade succeed? And if not, just how far does he get? And how many Doombots does he go through?

Tron
no expression

crazyspinz
he goes through one doom bot, then get fryed by death ray

Tron
I think Deathstroke can survive for quite a while. Deathstroke is almost Batman with less morals. And most of us know how he recently beat on most of the JLA.

wrathofachilles
I have no idea who Deathstroke is, but if nobody thinks Vader can win, what's so special about a Batman clone??

crazyspinz
batman only wins because he is a writers pet, in all sense bats should loose every fight. and death stroke would get owned

Tron
He's not a Batman clone, he's an assassin, a damn good one at that too. I'll see if I can find some more info on him, if someone doesn't beat me to it (anyone's welcome too though, lol).

Oh, and if you watch Teen Titans, that's Deathstroke (Slade on the show). I think they show him on a different level there than in the comics though.

Tron
Oh, and I just remembered I made this thread already.laughing out loud

If you can Paola, could you please merge this with my other Deathstroke/Doom thread?wink

Tron
Okay, here's what I found:

Former Aliases: The Terminator
First Appearance: New Teen Titans (1st series) #2
Known Relatives: Adeline Wilson (Vigilante VI, wife, divorced, presumed deceased), Grant Wilson (Ravager I, son, deceased), Joseph Wilson (Jericho, son), Rose Worth (Ravager V, daughter), Wade DeFarge (Ravager IV, half brother)
Known Allies: Ravager V, formerly Wintergreen, Terra I, Squirrel, Maurice (all deceased)
Major Enemies: Ravager III, Ravager IV, Jericho, H.I.V.E., Raven VI, Teen Titans IV, formerly Adeline Wilson, Crimelord
Height: 6'4
Weight: 220lbs
Eyes: Blue (left eye), blue or red (cybernetic right eye)
Hair: White

Slade Wilson was always strong and determined. He lied about his age so he could join the army and quickly distinguished himself as one of the youngest decorated soldiers. During a training session in guerrilla warfare, his trainer, Adeline Kane, bested him. Her fiery personality and superior fighting skills fixated Wilson and they quickly fell in love and married. Shortly after Adeline gave birth to the couple's first son, Grant. Slade continued active duty and volunteered for a medical experiment in resisting truth serums. In reality this was government testing, aiming to create meta-humans from normal humans. The experiments left Wilson bedridden until he recovered. The experiment gave Wilson enhanced strength and heightened reflexes. After Wilson's recovery, his second son, Joseph, was born. Wilson was later discharged from the army after rescuing his friend, Wintergreen, despite his orders to the contrary. Taking up hunting, Wilson was unable to satisfy his hunger for action and so he took up a secret mercenary lifestyle. Unbeknownst to his family Wilson became Deathstroke, the Terminator.

One of his first missions saw Deathstroke assassinate a Colonel from the country of Qurac. The Quraci President sent a terrorist known as the Jackal to find Deathstroke and work out who employed him. The Jackal kidnapped Joe Wilson, forcing Deathstroke to admit to Adeline that he had a secret life. Adeline confronted the Jackal along with Deathstroke. Deathstroke refused to give Jackal the information he was after, believing himself fast enough to save his son. He accomplished this but not fast enough as one of the Jackal's men had begun to slit Joseph's throat, rendering him mute. Adeline confronted Deathstroke once the family was safe and tried to shoot him. Deathstroke's reflexes saved his life but were not fast enough to avoid the bullet which took his right eye. Adeline then divorced Deathstroke and raised her two sons alone. Grant decided to follow in his parents' footsteps and enrolled in military school but Joseph was different. Adeline nurtured his artistic and musical side, raising him as a considerate young man.

Deathstroke continued his activities as a mercenary, using a personal code of ethics which limited his jobs to those which his conscience allowed. A few years following his divorce, Deathstroke met an Oriental clan princess names Lillian Worth. Finding her life in ruins, "Sweet Lili" was rescued from war torn Cambodia by Deathstroke and taken to Thailand where she had a freedom of sorts. Remaining in contact, the two embarked on a hot and cold love affair whenever their paths crossed. During one such meeting, Lili feel pregnant and later gave birth to Rose Worth, keeping the child a secret from Deathstroke realising it was in the child's best interests to keep her from a mercenary's life.

After forging a successful career as Deathstroke the Terminator, Wilson's reputation was such that he could pick and choose his jobs. One job which he casually refused changed his life forever. The criminal organisation H.I.V.E. (Hierarchy of International Vengeance and Extermination) offered Deathstroke a contract to kill the Teen Titans. Refusing the offer, H.I.V.E. then hired Deathstroke's son, Grant, to assume the contract himself. Grant was bitter and convinced that the Titans had ruined his life after Starfire accidentally destroyed his apartment and then Starfire and Wonder Girl chased him away from his ex girlfriend's apartment when he got abusive. Seeing the contract as a means of revenge, Grant was given powers and a costume and called himself the Ravager. Failing in his bid to destroy the Titans, Grant's body couldn't handle the powers that had been placed in it and he died in his father's arms, withering to nothing. Deathstroke vowed to complete his son's contract, exactly what H.I.V.E. were planning when they hired Grant as they knew his body wouldn't handle the powers they gave him.

Failing on his own, Deathstroke began an affair with Tara Markov, a teen sociopath with dangerous earth shaping powers. Being emotionally unstable and seeing Deathstroke as a bizarre father figure come older love interest, Markov infiltrated the Teen Titans on Deathstroke's orders and learned all of their secrets and weaknesses. Deathstroke succeeded in capturing all of the Titans except Nightwing and delivered them to H.I.V.E. The team were rescued by Nightwing with the assistance of Joe Wilson, calling himself Jericho. In the ensuing battle, Terra died and Deathstroke was captured to stand trial. The case was thrown out of court when the prosecutor failed to prove that the Terminator who captured the Titans was actually Slade Wilson. In actuality the trial was sabotaged by Changeling who wanted to destroy Deathstroke himself for corrupting Terra. Deathstroke turned up for their arranged confrontation out of costume, forcing Changeling to see that he was a man and not a faceless mask that he could take out his rage on. Parting after a truce Slade laid low and started hunting in Africa.

Months later, Slade was involved in a Titans' case concerning a dangerous plague he became active as Deathstroke once again, resuming his mercenary status and using a stricter code of ethics. When current and former members of the Titans were hunted down and captured by the mysterious Wildebeest Society, Deathstroke joined Nightwing in forming a strike force designed to discover the missing Titans. Proving crucial in tracking the missing Teens, Deathstroke was horrified to learn that the leader of the Wildebeest Society was his own son, Joe Wilson. When the souls of Azarath had merged with Jericho they forced him to acquire super humans to serve as hosts for them. During the soul transfer process Jericho's real soul emerged and pleaded to his father that Deathstroke kill him so that the souls of Azarath would be destroyed and the Titans would be saved. Wanting to spare his son anymore pain as well as saving the Titans, Deathstroke drove his sword through his son, killing him instantly.

Now carrying the guilt surrounding both his sons' deaths, Deathstroke continued his mercenary career but also acted as a hero in memory of Joe. At times he even aided the Titans as well as others requiring his assistance. During this time Deathstroke met Pat Trayce, a former cop, and quickly became her lover and began a relationship like his previous ones which was both steamy and fleeting. Deathstroke's life was later turned upside down when he prevented an assassination attempt on the President by a doppelganger of a U.S. Senator. The authorities believed that Deathstroke had murdered the Senator in an attempt to take the President's life. Deathstroke was forced to live the life of a fugitive. Not only was he hunted by the government but a new man calling himself Ravager appeared, hunting down Slade's former friends and lovers, killing his informant Maurice, his tech supplier Squirrel and the mother of his daughter, Lili. Adeline was also starting to exhibit new behaviour, blaming Deathstroke for the death of her sons and vowing to kill him and Pat Trayce. Working with Sarge Steel and the organization Checkmate, Deathstroke cleared his name and proved that the assassination attempt was actually the work of the Crimelord, Steve Dayton. Dayton intended to replace all the world leaders with clones that he controlled. He also wished to merge his essence into cyberspace making him in control of everything. Deathstroke thwarted Dayton's plans and left him stranded in the void of cyberspace.

However, during the ordeal Deathstroke was riddled with bullets and brought to a morgue. He was understandably shocked when he awoke from the dead. It appeared that Deathstroke not only had an enhanced healing factor but also was immortal. Deathstroke discovered though that after waking from each death he was in a state of psychosis for a brief time. Deathstroke also discovered the existence of his daughter. Leaving Rose in the care of Wintergreen as he still saw himself as a bad parent, Deathstroke also discovered that the new Ravager was his half-brother Wade DeFarge. Being insanely jealous of his half brother, DeFarge tried to torture Deathstroke by killing all the people that Slade cared about. Meanwhile Adeline Kane had gone completely insane and donned a Vigilante costume, coming into conflict with Deathstroke and Ravager, Adeline was wounded but healed immediately. Deathstroke realised that the forced blood transfusion he had to give to Adeline had transferred is powers into her but was also driving her mad. Whilst fighting Ravager, Adeline was shot between the eyes and presumed dead. The Ravager was captured and taken away by the authorities whilst Adeline awoke in the morgue, leaving without anyone knowing.

Tron
Deathstroke's next case found him being engulfed in an explosion in the Capital Dome. The regeneration from this death had strange side effects that meant he awoke as a man 20 years younger than he had been. He also had no recollection of his previous life. Whilst he was Slade Wilson in personality, his memories were vague at best. This younger Slade met Pat Trayce who had managed to salvage what was left of Adeline's company, Searchers Inc, using it to create her own search and rescue operation, Vigilance Inc. Trayce was able to replace Slade's lost eye and equipped him with one that gave him infrared vision. Following another deadly explosion, Slade became even more erratic, cutting all links with Trayce and Wintergreen as he didn't remember them. Wintergreen became Trayce's right hand man even though he suspected Deathstroke had gained some of his memories back. After certain events cropped up in conversation, Wintergreen decided that Deathstroke must have a good reason for breaking links with him and so respected the decision.

Deathstroke resurfaced eventually having inexplicably returned to his previous age. Slade was caught in a conflict between the Titans, a newly reformed H.I.V.E. and the villainous group Tartarus, that had been established by Vandal Savage. During the battle, Deathstroke discovered that Adeline has become the new H.I.V.E. Mistress. Still insane from the blood transfusion, Adeline sought to rid the world of all super humans, who she blamed for her sons' deaths. Vandal Savage mortally wounded Adeline and Starfire killed her out of mercy. Deathstroke was heart broken at losing his estranged wife.

Deathstroke recently discovered that the spirit of Jericho had survived the death of his body and had sought refuge deep within Deathstroke's body. With Wintergreen's help Deathstroke attempted to exorcise his son from him so that Jericho could have peace. Jericho overpowered his father though and slew Wintergreen before embarking on a hunt for the newly formed Teen Titans. Jericho confused the new team when he confronted them as Deathstroke, vowing to prevent teenagers from becoming costumed adventurers as it was too dangerous. During the battle Deathstroke regained control of his body after Jericho first hopped from Titan to Titan before being repelled by Raven's spirit. Since then Deathstroke vowed to destroy his son even though he doesn't know where Jericho is. He also wishes to exact vengeance on Raven who he blames for Jericho's current state due to her connection to the souls of Azarath. Deathstroke has recruited a new ally in his crusade, the new Ravager; Rose Wilson.

Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself although each regeneration has a temporary negative effect on his sanity. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. Slade also has years of combat training. He is a master of hand to hand combat and is skilled in use of all kinds of weaponry.

Arachnoidfreak
Slade sounds like a Wadw Wilson rip-off, tuned up a bit.

Paola
I remember too, but I can't find the link..... would you find it for me?

wrathofachilles
That's too much info to read, lol. I don't get cable so I can't watch the show anyway. I still Dr. Doom, even without any knowledge about it whatsoever, lol. Hey, doesn't stop half the other people on this board.

Tron
Deathstroke's not a Wade Wilson rip-off, it's more like the other way around actually. Deathstroke was made well before Deadpool was.

And I'll try to find it Paola, may take me a while, lol.

Tron
Okay Paola, here it is:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=305175&highlight=Deathstroke+vs+Dr+Doom

Tron
Okay, here's a site with Deathstroke's bio, history, and and comments from writers and other DC staff:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/deathstroke.html

Paola
thanks Tron!!

merging...

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, my other idea was actually that Deadpool was a Deathstroke parody to an extent.

Like it matters. Deadpool is cooler anyday.

And Doom still wins.

Tron
Yeah, probably a parody, to a certain extent though. Deadpool has more of a sense of humor, and talks a whole lot. Deadpool's cool, but not cooler than Deathstroke in my opinion.

Tron
Bump

Because I f*ckin' feel like itno expression

juggernaut74
If I remember right Deathstroke took out Marvels Beloved Wolverine in a TeenTitans/X-Men X-over. Thats got to make him cool.

Tron
He's mopped the floor with Batman on a couple of occasions too, and recently beat down most of the JLA.

David Duchovony
Did that include Batman, Superman, WW, GL and The Flash?

Draco69
Only the Flash and GL. And WW (kinda, she was depowered)

demigawd
Deathstroke would win if they ran into each other. Deathstroke would win if he had one-sided prep. But he loses if both he and Doom had equal prep and, obviously, if Doom had one-sided prep.

juggernaut74
Deathstroke is way smarter than Doom. Can i say that in here? Slade wins no matter how many encounters they have or how much prep time Batman opps I mean Doom has.

demigawd
Oooooh, I can't believe you said that on this board. You're in trouble now...

Lord-of-Dreams
I'm gonna tel!!!!!lol.
I dunno. But I think it comes down to whocares more. Doom might get cocky-as he never loses. But we can't say that Slade has never been touched by the(whatever color represents cockiness) bug.

Beyonder
Way smarter. This is cause Deathstroke's challenged and stolen powers from gods and cosmic deities before? roll eyes (sarcastic) Deathstroke has skills, but Doom's more intelligent. A gauntlet blast from Doom and Slade is out cold like Adam Warlock during Infinity War.

juggernaut74
Yea like Slade will allow himself to be hit by one of Dooms projectile weapons. If he can react fast enough to take out the Flash then I Doom is in trouble.

juggernaut74
Deathstroke dont have to steal someones powers to beat them.

Tron
Tell me you're not serious. Slade may have the 90% brain capacity going, but Doom is still on another level of intelligence.

Like he'd have a choice if Doom gets a half-decent shot anyways. And react fast enough? He has to actually make it to Doom first, and pray it's not either a Doombot or a trap.

You left out the fact that Doom actually beats those who he steals the powers from, something Slade couldn't do. Don't get me wrong here, I like Deathstroke a lot more than Doom, which is sort of why I made this thread in the first place. But, you're either giving Slade way too much credit, or shooting down Doom because you don't like him. Slade's good, damn good, but he's fighting an uphill battle here. Slade's best weapon here would be the element of surprise. Now, chances are Doom would find out he's coming before he reaches him, but there's still the oportunity to catch him by surprise, if just for a few seconds. But, if he loses those few seconds, then that's another story.

And anyone who's confused about what's going on, the scenario's explained at the beginning of the thread.

juggernaut74
Are you in love with Dr. Doom? Can the guy be beaten?

juggernaut74
I just get sick of hearing Doom can do this and Doom wasnt there when that happened it was a Doombot or he stole someones powers cause he had 34 days prep time. I never used to have a problem with him until recently.

Beyonder
Reacting is one thing, it wasn't like Slade chased down Flash and kicked his butt. Predicting and reacting a step ahead of your enemy is different from matching a speedster in speed.

How's Slade getting pass the force field? You think he's going to be able to cut through Doom's armor? And Doom has two hands, he used only one to take out Warlock. Slade ain't escaping Doom. You think he's going to survive a shot from Doom while we both know Doom is more capable of surviving an attack from Deathstroke.

Alpha Centauri
"I just get sick of hearing Doom can do this and Doom wasnt there when that happened it was a Doombot or he stole someones powers cause he had 34 days prep time. I never used to have a problem with him until recently."

So basically until you found out that he was the shit, you liked him?

What is wrong with people on this board having grudges against people who are actually good?

-AC

Tron
Actually I'm not, doesn't change the fact that I know he's good at what he does. And what did you get from my post that actually made you think I did?

Well, I'm sorry to heat that. But still, you can be upset about the things he's done all you want, doesn't change the fact that he still did him. So, don't go on judging a battle based on the simple fact that you can't stand a character. It's very bias, and very childish.

IRTMU-Dragon
Im sure youve gone over this...

But cant Doom just use a "anti-cellular ray" and just obliterate him?

juggernaut74
Tron dont you think its kinda childish that people think Doom can beat anybody? And yea I am bias towards him I will admitt that. And calling me childish cause of my opinion is crap. I am probably one of the oldest and most knowledgable members in this forum.

Tron
Depends how you think about it. Although I don't personally think he can, he's shown himself to be capable of being more than a challenge to very powerful foes, and that's something that can't be denied, no matter how you feel about him. And, I never called you childish, I said your reaction towards the whole thing was, learn the difference. And no disrespect, but I could care less about your age, cause age and knowledge doesn't always mean mature. I'm not saying that's you, but it's something to think about.

Logan 87
DeathStroke will do, doom in. They or both smart but Deathstroke invented smartness.

CorderaMitchell
Doom would win. What is your argument, he invented smartness?

Big Sexy
bump

MrHeavySilence
Deathstroke beating Flash is total PIS if you ask me. Flash is so fast that he could've just punched Deathstroke's head off before the explosions even went off on the ground. Power of the dwarf star, yet stupid enough to move away from explosions (that are slower) and to the back where he forgets to look for any danger and runs himself into a sword.

But, I am convinced that Deathstroke is more intelligent than Dr.Doom, solely because he thinks faster.

MrHeavySilence
Did I mention Doom was defeated by an army of squirrels?

long pig
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Deathstroke beating Flash is total PIS if you ask me. Flash is so fast that he could've just punched Deathstroke's head off before the explosions even went off on the ground. Power of the dwarf star, yet stupid enough to move away from explosions (that are slower) and to the back where he forgets to look for any danger and runs himself into a sword.

But, I am convinced that Deathstroke is more intelligent than Dr.Doom, solely because he thinks faster.
Flash...does...not...have..lightspeed...reactions...without...MOMENTUM!

He needs friggin' room to get past supersonic, as shown five million times in his comic. Just the other day, in his OWN comic, I saw the jackass run into a tree because his perceptions weren't as fast as his body was moving at the time.

No, Slade isn't smarter. No way no how. Nope.

He can think faster, but he ain't smarter.

Psyquis52
Dr. Doom faces of in a battle of wits against Reed Richards regularly. Who does Deathstroke have to outwit? A bunch of kids?
Those are his regular opponents aren't they? Every once in a while he tackles the JLA but then he gets beat nearly every time.

long pig
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Dr. Doom faces of in a battle of wits against Reed Richards regularly. Who does Deathstroke have to outwit? A bunch of kids?
Those are his regular opponents aren't they? Every once in a while he tackles the JLA but then he gets beat nearly every time.
He's superhumanly smart, he has the potential to be Doom's intelligence, but he'd rather be a hitman instead of a book nerd.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by long pig
He's superhumanly smart, he has the potential to be Doom's intelligence, but he'd rather be a hitman instead of a book nerd.

big grin It's true. Yet people are pairing his wits against someone who actually successfully invented a time machine. That's just sad. sad

long pig
Doom is smarter, no question. But, if Slade tried to be smarter, he has the potential to do so. But he hasn't, so he isn't.

Big Sexy
Dude, Slade will never be smarter than doom

GODSCRIBE
And I repeat, never.

Swanky-Tuna

He needs friggin' room to get past supersonic, as shown five million times in his comic. Just the other day, in his OWN comic, I saw the jackass run into a tree because his perceptions weren't as fast as his body was moving at the time.
You'd think he'd at least not run directly into Slade's back. The way he got shanked you'd think his plan was to slam his chest into Deathstroke's shoulder.

Doesn't sound that smart to me.

Tron

No, Slade isn't smarter. No way no how. Nope.

He can think faster, but he ain't smarter.

And that's coming from a Deathstroke fan, so that's gotta tell ya something. He's not as smart as Doom until the day he builds his own time machine, or steals the power of a nigh-omnipotent being.

superman41082
Originally posted by Tron
I think Deathstroke could possibly take out a Doombot or two.wink

Aren't Doombots just as powerful as Doom? I know they think and act as he would, and also believe that they actually are Doom. I think that Deathstroke definately has a shot. Deathstroke is resourceful, too, but Doom could obviously finish it quickly lots of times.........

Tron
Originally posted by superman41082
Aren't Doombots just as powerful as Doom?

No, but they come pretty close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.