Juggernaut vs. Galactus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wrathofachilles
Ok, JuggernautFan, you said you'd admit when someone could actually beat Juggernaut, lol. What do you say about this match? Or any cosmic beings vs. Juggernaut rather. I say Galactus hands down of course. There is one way he can stop Juggernaut: eat him.

And if this match has taken place, feel free to include that, but I have never read of it so don't have a condescending attitude when you do so.

Maestro
pointless post, everyone knows galactus would eat juggernaut for breakfast.

Ytaker
Unless Galactus was held down by the celestials and hulk, filled with hallucigentic drugs, sleeping and recovering from a direct hit from thor's God force.

Linkalicious
going a little over board to prove you point...don't you think?

who?-kid
Strictly speaking, Galactus isn't even a person anymore, he (or it) is a Force of Nature. You can't beat forces of nature, not even Juggernaut.

Ytaker
Let's look I'm making a point, that Juggernaught doesn't stand a fox's chance in Hitchcock woods.

Evangel94
Must you make a ridiculously pointless point?

wrathofachilles
Must you so ridiculously misuse the English language. The whole 'point' is to prove that Juggernaut is not unstoppable, ergo it is not 'pointless.' When something has a point, it is not pointless, regardless of whether you can comprehend that point. Learn that. Besides, it wasn't directed towards you, so if you don't like the post, don't read it and don't respond.

Evangel94
You've registered here yesterday and now you want to have an attitude problem.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juggernaut is unstoppable to a certain degree. That has been known for quite sometime.

Just because you are having a disagreement with Juggernautfan about juggernaut's powers doesn't mean you have to make a topic between Juggernaut and Galactus. We all know who the OBVIOUS winner is.

"Batman vs Galactus! Im here to prove that batman's prep time can do him no good against someone so powerful! If you don't like this post, too bad! Don't read it!"

Do me and everyone else a favor and make a real battle worth posting in this forum wink

wrathofachilles
I have attitude problems with people who have attidude problems with me. What makes you think date of registration makes any difference in any aspect of a discussion? Incredibly weak argument.

As for pointless posts, there are numerous ones here. It's a comic book board, this isn't a scientific board. It's for fun. I've had plenty of arguments with upstarts on actual academic boards and I get tired of arguing with people who think too highly of themselves with nothing to back it up. Thus I come to a light-hearted comic book board with nothing based in fact, so thus there should be no cause for actual argument. Of course I'll run into someone like you though. Anyway, my post remains what it is. Don't like it, don't read it. And I shall do you and no other any 'favors' so don't bother asking. Grow up sport.

Besides, I couldn't care less if you posted a Batman vs. Galactus forum. Knock yourself out.

wrathofachilles
And Batman would win.

Evangel94
Obviousely it does, show some respect towards others who post here regularly espcially since your new. It makes for a better atmosphere and you earn others respect.

I'll borrow a part of a famous catch phrase to summarize it best:
"It doesn't matter what other forums you post in!"

You mean Batman vs Galactus topic? It shows how much of a one sided battle it really is. What could batman do to Galactus? What could juggernaut do to galactus? Nothing.

wrathofachilles
That's not how it works. I show respect to those who show respect towards me. Those who act as though they are superior because they have posted here longer are absurd. Superiority is based on intelligence, not who has been in a certain location longer. Show me respect, and I assure you that you shall receive it in turn. Besides, this wouldn't have been an issue if JuggernautFan hadn't conveniently disappeared and made me look like an ass. He wanted to make a new Juggernaut thread, so I picked a seemingly obvious one as he is convinced Juggernaut is unbeatable.

I really do hope you realize I was *again* being sarcastic in saying Batman would win. I understand it's difficult to perceive tone in an online medium, but who in their right mind would be serious in that claim?

Paola
Evangel94 & wrathofchilles for private conversations use the pm system.

keep on topic here

JuggernautFan
'

now did i say juggernaut was unbeatable??? no. i said i dont think thor could beat him, as apparently he cant. because juggernaut has had the upper hand most of the time. could galactus physically harm juggernaut??? no. but i'm sure he could beat him. this is a pointless thread. i told you to start up a thor vs. juggernaut thread if you wished to continue the debate. and you make yourself look like an ass i dont have to do it for you.

Tron
Yeah, you kinda went overboard to make what seems to me a pretty immature point. Yeah, this forum's for fun, but it's no fun if you put a pointless thread in here. I personally don't care who puts what in here, but why do it if it's one-sided (like Hulk vs. Toad, I still can't get over that)? Seriously, we all know Juggernaut doesn't have what it takes to beat Galactus. Galactus can't hurt him physically as JugFan said, but with all his power, he doesn't need to. And JugFan never said he was unbeatable, or completely unstoppable, so yes this IS pointless. Your trying to make a point on something that never really came up. And why didn't you just make a Juggernaut vs. Thor thread? That would've made more sense to the point you're trying to make.

wrathofachilles
You have consistently said that he can't be stopped or hurt, thus you're implying he cannot be beaten. Again, you're apparently the one who hasn't read the comics if you say 'apparently he can't.' Besides, you contradict yourself with 'Juggernaut has the upper hand MOST of the time.' Most does not mean all. I have only read 3 encounters, Thor won 2 of them, so even 'most' doesn't work. Thor has had the upper hand most of the time, and proved that he could beat him handily in 429. And you said start a Juggernaut thread, you didn't specify with whom. But you still proved my point by saying Galactus couldn't harm him. Thor could harm him, and has.

The point of the thread was to see if you'd argue a ludicrous theory about how Galactus couldn't harm him. You did. Thanks. Thread may end now.

wrathofachilles
Tron, I didn't make a Thor vs. Juggernaut thread because the Juggernaut vs. Doomsday thread is just that.

crazyspinz
im not gonna comment on this thread

Tron
No it isn't, it's what it says it is, a "Juggernaut vs. Doomsday thread. You could continue to post off-topic there, which would probably make a moderator close it, and it has been done. And JugFan DID say make a Thor vs. Juggernaut thread.

wrathofachilles
Why are you posting again if you're so offended by the thread? I said it was done now. The "Juggernaut vs. Doomsday" thread is not 'what it says it is', it's Juggernaut vs. Thor now. The last person to mention Doomsday was me, and that in answer to your other comment about it in that thread. Why repeat yourself in this thread. He did not say 'make a Thor vs. Juggernaut' thread, he said if you want to continue this debate, make another thread. I did. I titled it Galactus to see if I could prove my point. I did. Discussion ended. No need to post in this anymore since its existence seems to be a thorn in everyone's side.

Tron
You took his comment out of context. When he he make another thread to continue the debate, of course he meant Juggernaut/Thor, and I'm sure you had to know that, but you went another route with it. And I never said I was offended by this thread, I just think it's pointless to go out of your way to try to prove some point about Juggernaut, then say close it after you feel you made your point, which no one debated. And like I said, it's all in the Juggernaut/Hulk thread, which is a much better place to go cause everyoen talks all about it in there.

wrathofachilles
I closed it because everyone decided to whine about it like immature children. I don't have the patience to deal with such people, so it is better to close it rather than argue with them. Actually I didn't 'know that', I didn't really have that statement in mind when I opened it, in honesty, I was bored and wondered if he'd actually show up to argue with me about it.

MERCILOUS
Hey Wrath, i gotta say, i agree with you on this one 100%. However, i think a more appropriate name for the thread might have been, "Juggernaut versus Galactus, How long would juggernaut last?" to which i'm sure jugfan would reply forever, but i guess that's a different story.

Tron
I'll tell you what I think on that, and probably what Jugfan thinks too, not very long. We know Juggernaut can't take Galactus, come on now, it's GALACTUS! He doesn't even need to get out of his chair. I, and Jugfan knows when Juggernaut just can't win, and that's the point that was made at the end of this thread, which was opened because of a misunderstanding to begin with, which started in another thread.

MERCILOUS
Yes of course, not very long. But Thanos was able to sustain a blast. Could he have survived two? Or maybe even 3? I think it's a fair question to ask how long he would survive. A true testament to his resisting capabilities.

Swanky-Tuna
For the record though, Juggernaut's dome hat is cooler than Galactus' hotel-lobby-ashtray hat.

MERCILOUS
You most certainly have a most valid and intellegent point there Swank!

Tron
One thing, Juggernaut can definitely take just about any kind of punishment for lord knows how long, his powers make him capable of taking just about anything, and when he uses his shield, helps him last even longer. I will take back my comment and say he can take just about any blast Galactus hits him with, until Galactus beams him to some distant place or whatever.

Havoc470
i think galactus would beat juggernaut senseless, juggernaut had a hard time with the stranger and got flicked by onslaught, imo galactus is stronger than both

wrathofachilles
Hey, Galactus' helmet is fantastic!

radioboy121
Galactus I'm assuming could just grapple Juggernaut, pop his helmet off , and give his him a psychic attack.

As to Galactus' helmet, I always like the horn-like or related type of helmets, this including the one Galactus wears. Others could include Eternity, Loki, and Daytripper. I'm not as crazy about the Mandarin's.

wrathofachilles
Loki has the best outfit in the Marvel universe. God, think of the chicks he picks up in those threads...

radioboy121
He didn't win Enchantress over. Enchantress must not think too much of the selection within Asgard as she once tapped into the entity "Love" to create her perfect mate. And there's always Wonderman, but did she truly love him?

Swanky-Tuna
I see Galactus' helmet and think "Hey, is that the luxury box? How much are tickets?"

I guess I'm fickle like that. I can't ever see myself in a medieval army.

Commander: Put your helmet on, grunt!
Me: No!
Commander: DO IT!
Me: No! It's ugly!
Commander: Kill him!

Anyway, Galactus can do more stuff than Juggernaut has stuff defense against, obviously, so I guess I go with skybox-head.

Havoc470
yeah the galactus helmet sucks imo, but i think he would kick juggernauts ass

Nataku8188
Juggernaut would look at Galactus, sigh and walk away saying;

"**** it, even I know when im screwed..."

crazyspinz
i changed my mind

crazyspinz
juggys little hat would be opened with galactus's cosmic can opener (u all know he has one...) then galactus would suck out his insides, and use juggys funky little red gem to become even more powerfull

Wynndar
Galactus' powers certainly pass the threshold of power granted to Jugs by Cytorrak...he would die from one blast...Jugs is not nearly as durable as Thanos...Thanos took punishment from Tyrant that would destroy planets

Swanky-Tuna
Nah, he'd probably try to take him and then be surprised when he's being stoppabled.

Tron
Yeah, I hate to admit it, but it's true. Hell, he challenged Eternity, not the brightest of ideas, no matter who you are. He'll have no problem challenging Galactus.

MERCILOUS
More durable than jugs? really? please elaborate.

h1a8
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
You have consistently said that he can't be stopped or hurt, thus you're implying he cannot be beaten. Again, you're apparently the one who hasn't read the comics if you say 'apparently he can't.' Besides, you contradict yourself with 'Juggernaut has the upper hand MOST of the time.' Most does not mean all. I have only read 3 encounters, Thor won 2 of them, so even 'most' doesn't work. Thor has had the upper hand most of the time, and proved that he could beat him handily in 429. And you said start a Juggernaut thread, you didn't specify with whom. But you still proved my point by saying Galactus couldn't harm him. Thor could harm him, and has.

The point of the thread was to see if you'd argue a ludicrous theory about how Galactus couldn't harm him. You did. Thanks. Thread may end now.

are you crazy!
thor didn't harm him (he can't).
he use portal tactics on him.

soujaboy09
Why is this a thread?

Thunderstrike
Very good question. Juggernaut tries to charge him. Galactus flings him into the next universe.

Mider
juggs wont be hurt by galactus but he wont be able to defeat galactus at all.

Soleran
Originally posted by Mider
juggs wont be hurt by galactus but he wont be able to defeat galactus at all.

laughing yeah ok lets see Galactus goes to the Crimson Cosmos beats the ship outta Cyttorak then makes Juggernaut his shoe polisher!

soujaboy09
Galactus wouldn't want to fight Cyttorak, the way he wields magic is crazy. Eternity tried to get rid of Cyttorak but he couldn't im not sure but isn't Eternity stronger than Galactus?

soujaboy09
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Very good question. Juggernaut tries to charge him. Galactus flings him into the next universe.

Ya, he would do Juggernaut like Eternity did him.

Milkie
Juggernaut gets owned even while in "Tank Mode"

Tron
Wow, I totally forgot about this spite thread, why would you dig this out of the crates? This was made before I had my mod status, so the most I could do was make my point. But, now that I do have it, say goodbye to this needless thread.wink

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.