Superman Prime Versus Juggernaught[smilie]death[/smilie]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ytaker
This looks like a bloody stupid thread. Like batman versus the beyonder.
But, it promotes a healthy idea that i would like to happen. With Juggernaught shielding himself, could Superman Prime kill Juggernaught. Not put him in the sun, not put him into orbit, but make Juggernaught an outsider in the land of the living?

Maestro
Someone move this to vs forum.

Wynndar
makei t so

Ytaker
Sorry- It's my first post and i'm confused by the site.

Paola
moving...

wrathofachilles
I don't know anything about Superman Prime, but I imagine through the term's connotation that it's a superior version of Superman, and since regular Superman can beat Juggernaut, obviously a superior version can. Superman *regular* did fight Juggernaut somewhere, forgot where, and beat him senseless.

Swanky-Tuna
Was that the popularity contest series?

It all depends on which version of Juggernaut you're using.

wrathofachilles
Have no idea, can't remember. Even not including the Amalgam thing, Superman would win hands down.

Evangel94
If it's juggernaut's pure durabillity vs Superman Prime's physical strength and powers, no bfr, no plot device introduced to make superman win, no writer that was a fan of superman when he was young and always wanted to write superman, no cheap tactic, no internet forum boys who will pick apart a post and fight you down to the very last single detail of the most minut irrelevant topic, and no crazy fanboys screaming because they feel that they have a right to decide what happens and how it happens...then

Yes, Juggernaut's durability cannot be overcome by superman prime.

If you dare pick apart this post and try to argue with me on the stupid retarded details of anything then I will hunt you down and murder you miffed.

wrathofachilles
If you dare pick apart this post and try to argue with me on the stupid retarded details of anything then I will hunt you down and murder you miffed.

Are you referring to me? If so, that's only egging me on lol.

Evangel94
No I wasn't refering to you. I was refering to superman fanboyism I am so tired off. You wouldn't believe the lengths people go to in order to prove how superman can't lose.

wrathofachilles
Oh, ok then. I get defensive, sorry.

Well he's Superman. Some people consider it blasphemy to speak ill of him, like Jesus. Didn't DC practically go under when they killed him off? Personally it was shocking. And stupid.

Evangel94
DC would not be the company it is today without superman. He's their untouchable sacred mound. No one must defeat him. Now even the writers are superman fans since they were little children.

wrathofachilles
I don't think any comics company would be what they are if not for Superman. He was the one who started it all.

Tron
Well said.

And no, Superman, or Superman Prime, cannot kill Juggernaut under any means.

And beat him senseless? You say that, yet you don't even at least have a clue where it happened? It was in the Marvel vs. DC crossover, and Superman basically got a cheapshot on Juggernaut, did his little boyscout speech, and left.

Ytaker
Killing him is what he has to do. Superman prime is most probably the most powerful hero ever. Could he eventually smash our universe, If it was focused around a puny human? He has a GL ring, and didn't one of those destroy the universe for some reason or other? Plus, God supposedly gave him the sword of truth and justice.

Ytaker
Can somebody list SP's strengths, and gadgets so we can compare then to Juggernaughts.

Arachnoidfreak
There already is a Superman Prime vs 8th Day Juggernaut thread, AND a thread listing Superman Prime's ablilities. Use the search function.

wrathofachilles
And beat him senseless? You say that, yet you don't even at least have a clue where it happened? It was in the Marvel vs. DC crossover, and Superman basically got a cheapshot on Juggernaut, did his little boyscout speech, and left.

Did I not say I didn't know where it happened? I believe that was made clear by my comment. I don't remember where every fight happens, there have been so many damn crossovers.

Arachnoidfreak
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300294&highlight=superman+prime

Superman prime's abilities are there, and yes, he could beat Juggernaut senseless. He is basically a god. He controls time, space, reality, and I think some telepathic abilities.

Tron
Did I not say I didn't know where it happened? I believe that was made clear by my comment. I don't remember where every fight happens, there have been so many damn crossovers.

Actually it wasn't that clear that you said that you didn't know what happened, and if I interpreted it wrong, then I apologize. And there was only one crossover that I know of with Superman and Juggernaut in the same comic, and it was very short.

And if he does have telepathic abilities, then that puts him above Juggernaut easily. And reality warping, if it worked for Onslaught then it may work for SP. And like a said, he won't knock him senseless, that's physically impossible, but, he would knock him all over the place like War did.

wrathofachilles
War? Is that a version of Superman or something? Haven't read him in ages. I just think Juggernaut is over-rated. I like him and all, but I hate that 'nothing can stop the Juggernaut' crap. The X-Men keep finding ways to stop him, Thor and Superman and the like far outclass any member and even all of the X-Men, so logic *yes I know it's comics lol* says Juggernaut can be stopped. It's like a politician saying 'I will not raise taxes' or something. Of course that's what they SAY. Doesn't make it so.

Tron
War was Hulk when his power was augmented with Celestial armor by Apocalypes. We know Juggernaut's not totally unbeatable or unstoppable, but it's true that Juggernaut movement can't be stopped by physical means. And, all that you mention was said in the Juggernaut vs. Hulk thread, in great detail. It's long as hell, but worth checking out though. Plenty of good facts and opinions brought up.

wrathofachilles
Yeah I've been looking at that one. I still don't get the argument though, he has been stopped when he's moving. He is knocked backwards by Thor when Juggernaut is coming towards him. He may not be able to be literally 'stopped in his tracks', but he can be propelled backwards.

So why did Apocalypse augment Hulk? That sounds contrary to Apocalypse's desires.

wrathofachilles
Oh wait, I take that back. Spider-Man stopped him in his tracks via covering him in cement. I believe that's how it happened, I didn't actually read that issue.

Tron
It was when Hulk was separated from Banner if I remember, if I'm wrong, someone correct me. He figured he could control him. ANd he kind've did for a while, before Hulk ripped off the armor and hopped off at the end.

Yes, he was pushed bck by Thor, not too surprising since it was Thor most powerful and feared attack, but he did start to walk through it though. And Spider-Man tricked him into falling into the cement before it hardened. That's not exactly stopping his foward movement. He has to be able to start walking foward before it takes effect.

Swanky-Tuna
Y'know, this is the only board I've found that even gives Juggernaut credit. Every other board I've visited rank him as like a poor man's Colossus with the brains of swarm of flies and that's on a good day. It all stems from Superman fandom. "If Superman's a million times stronger than Hulk and Hulk beat Onslaught and Onslaught beat Juggernaut" kind of stuff.

Tron
Yeah, people here actually have some facts on Juggernaut, and if they don't, someone will give them the facts real quick. I like Juggernaut's character, but I'll only vote in his favor if he's against someone who can't really get past his powers. I stay unbiased about it.

wrathofachilles
I didn't read the Spider-man issue, so I didn't know he hadn't 'started walking' yet lol. As for Juggernaut, I do acknowledge his great strength, far superior to Colossus. But he's not Thor. Strength-wise yes, but power-wise no. Battle's about more than just strength.

And who said Superman was 'a million times stronger than Hulk'? That's pretty ridiculous. It's neck and neck according to both companies.

Swanky-Tuna
It was an exaggeration. They usually say Hulk would have to reach the very upper limits of his rage to compare to Superman's strength.

Ytaker
There was a battle between the two, and it took about three days of fighting for Hulk to knock Superman back. Afterwhich Hulk (having reverted to Banner) had a heart attack.

Linkalicious
would anyone care to list a couple of the comics where Superman Prime makes an appearance?

I JUST started collecting the 1,000,000 comics....and I'm sure he makes an appearance in #4 of one of the comics i picked up, but in general, i'd like to pick up more comics about Superman Prime.

wrathofachilles
Well that's understandable considering Superman's power source is the sun, which is always there, while Hulk's power source is rage, which is not always there. Unless he's in a traffic jam or waiting in line at the post office. Then his strength would be immeasurable!

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
I didn't read the Spider-man issue, so I didn't know he hadn't 'started walking' yet lol. As for Juggernaut, I do acknowledge his great strength, far superior to Colossus. But he's not Thor. Strength-wise yes, but power-wise no. Battle's about more than just strength.

Strength wise? Sorry chap, not even close. Juggernaut's not even as strong as She-Hulk. Although he might be more invunerable than both of them combined. Anyway, i think Batman has a much better chance at finishing juggernaut than superman. He'd up and find that crystal and takes Juggy's power away. That's what it takes, finesse, not brute strength.

emraldguardian
Well seeing as how War Hulk beat the crap out of Juggernaut and knocked him out im pretty sure Superman Prime could do it seeing as how he is Superman hundreds of time stronger. No contest on this one not to mention if he needed to he has a GL ring and a sword that can warp reality.

wrathofachilles
He is most certainly stronger than She-Hulk. There are tons of characters stronger than She-Hulk. And saying Batman can beat Juggernaut is like saying Spider-Man can beat the Living Tribunal. Batman cannot do a damn thing. People need to understand he is NOT capable of top-tier status. He's not going to just happen to find the Cytorrak gem and take it. Besides, it's not like Juggernaut wears it around his neck. Superman Prime destroys Juggernaut, plain and simple. Batman runs like a little girl and realizes it took almost 70 years before he figured out he sucks.

spyrokinesi35
juggernaut has his stenght and invinciblilty, but supess has more strength (yay I spelled strenght right), and a variety of other powers

MERCILOUS
Actually yeah, he'd just up and find it.

prophetelatti
Superbooby beat Juggs in a crossover. and those don't count

lightaxe
how would he just find the gem might i ask?

DigiMark007
Regular Superman had a second weakness (besides kryptonite) against magic. Juggs is all magic...no mutant, so I think that is overlooked. But even if he was still a bit vulnerable to magic, Prime would still whup the crap out of Juggs.
-DM

MERCILOUS
Research.

Mider
I need to know superman prime's powers cause i know that Onslaught almost killed juggernaut, it all comes down to sheer power not physical im talking about like well like when Wolverine fought Thanos with the IG adamantium is supposed to be indistructable but Thanos mearly changed the adamantium into rubber or something or when Dr Doom gave Klaw his powers i dont remeber witch one it was thats why im talking about both of them well the beyonders powers were great enough to distroy Captain America's shield, and lets not forget when Galactus tore the ruby off the sphynx head and crushed it in his bare hands. If superman primse has the power to mess with reality i guess he might be able to beat Juggernaut by doing something to the ruby inside him but if he cant then well it comes down to sheer power. And that whole Juggernaut vs supmerman (normal supmerna) I think thats bullshit that he would defeat Juggernaut.

supremthor
very very good point.superma prime is if not more powerful than beyonder. superman pime by the way has no weakness infinit strength speed endurance controls time and space without the sword.with the sword gives him control over every thing.He has the last lantern ring with isw like controling the power of ION or PARALLAX in one finger alone.no matter wat u say juggernaut can be killed Onslaught almost did it and uperman prime wll eat Onslaught in a battel. juggernaut is protected by earth bound magic but superman prime nows unerversal magic.

supremthor
nuff said

Havoc470
juggernaut isnt protected by earth-bound magic, but yeah superman prime would definitely freak juggy out (like when juggy was slapped by onslaught, he was completely scared after that) and that would ultimately mean superman prime would win

Beyonder
Hmm...where are you getting this from that the ring puts him on Ion or Parallax's level?

As for him being more powerful than the Beyonder, are you talking about pre-reconned or post reconned? What did Prime even do that puts him on the level of the Beyonder (any version)?

supremthor
superman prime had the last lantern ring and it had all the powers of the corps within it that alone puts him on ION level.

he went through hell like it was nothing and the angel michel was barly able to stop him. micheal is way more powerful then spectre.

Beyonder
Just 'cause he had the last ring doesn't mean he was on Ion or Parallax level, you're just speculating now. Where was it said by anyone, narrators or characters, that he was on Ion or Parallax's level when he obtained a the ring?

He went through what now? Michael? He NEVER did such a thing. It was stated that he spent time fighting demons (which ones it never mentioned) and that when he came back from his journey through the universe "it looked like he'd gone to have & back." Fight Michael? Right.

Fanboy
SUperman Prime kills juggernaut no problem

Swanky-Tuna
Jebus, why'd you bump this?

Cosmic Cube
Superman Prime's strength has a limit (anyone know how strong he is?) He won't be able to breech Juggernaut's force field without magic, or Galactus level strength. Controlling time and space won't kill Juggernaut.

I say Juggernaut. Ya can't kill the guy, and he never gets tired.

DarkCrawler
D000d! He's BATMAN. Happy Dance laughing

DarkCrawler
Of course it will. He can just go back in time and kill Juggs when he is two years old. wink

Never
He does not even have to do that. He can simply turn the Gem into a hunk of swiss cheese.

Cosmic Cube
True... But he would have to overcome the magic of Cyttorak to do that.

Beyonder
Yes...by spinning around really fast or fly circles around Cyttorak till he turns the demon god into swiss cheese. wink

eleveninches
If cyrrotak was so powerful ,he wouldn't have let his power go to jugggernaught

Beyonder
Juggernaut is just an avatar of Cyttorak, meant to spread the fame and glory of the crimson god. He didn't let go anything; Juggy's power is a mere fraction of Cyttorak's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.