Most recognizable movie theme music....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
first of all if this goes in the music forum please move....

What are some of the music themes that will evoke a strong emotion in you? Now I dont mean something that you've seen in the last coupple of months either. There are movies however that if you play the theme song almost ANYone can say I know that song! For me the list is:

Star Wars main theme
JAWS
Imperial March ( Vader )
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Magnificient Seven
Wizard of Oz
Close Encounters
Gone With the wind
ET

remember to please list ones that the majority of the population will recgonize not just your certain age group. wink

Kaleanae
ET- by John Williams, actually I'm listening that some in this moment messed
You are right once I heard that song I know from where it comes and I even the remember almost the whole movie by memory stick out tongue

Others that I think have the same effect:
Superman
Indiana Jones
Forrest Gump
The Godfather? messed
Titanic - My Heart Will Go On
The Bodyguard- that song by Whitney Houston

finti
Star Wars, Jaws, Warriors and James Bond

Lord_Andres
The Good The Bad And The Ugly, For A Few Dollars More, Rocky(Gonna Fly Now and Eye Of The Tiger) LOTR, Braveheart

dAgEnIuS
I like Star Wars theme music, especially the new song in the Attack of the Clones....

mc pee pants
the most memorable music that came to my mind first was jaws (i was scared of my kiddie pool after that movie), then star wars (main theme, duel of the fates, vader's theme), superman, batman, james bond, indiana jones.

Jedi Priestess
outside of Rocky and LOTR I dont know any of these. AND I cant tell you what Warriors OR Forrest Gump sounds like for the life of me.

remember it needs to be a song the majority of the public knows. Am I the only one who doesnt remember these movies theme songs?

Sheesh how could I have forgotten to mention The Godfather & Indiana Jones messed

cgtuna21
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Jaws
Braveheart
Jurassic Park
Rocky
The Godfather
Scarface

Lord Soth
The Star Wars theme
Halloween theme (who DOESN'T know what this is?!?)

BackFire
Star Wars, Clockwork Orange ,LOTR, Requiem for a Dream, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Braveheart, Reservoir Dogs (the song that's playing when he cuts the dudes ear off), Terminator, 2001: A Space Oddesy, Nightmare on Elmstreed, Hallween, Friday the 13th, Killer Klowns from outerspace, Scarface, Psycho, Godfather, American Beauty, Rocky, Platoon, WestSide Story

Myth
I guarantee that even though you don't know what the songs come from, that you would recognize the songs. Especially The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly theme. Even if people don't know where it comes from, they know the song.

mc pee pants
yup... they use the good, the bad, and the ugly theme every time rivals face off... especially a cowboy high noon duel.

Elektra_lover
Jaws

MegaHarrison
None of you have mentioned James Bond...That along with Star Wars and Jaws are the most reconized.

Sidewinder1988
Star Wars
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones
Batman
Beetlejuice
Terminator
Pulp Fiction
Exorcist
Halloween
James Bond
Good Bad and the Ugly

Myth
Bond was mentioned by the 3rd post.

mc pee pants
seems like MegaHarrison is mega inattentive.

TheFilmProphet
The only I think of that hasn't been mentioned is Gremlins.

.::Levi@than::.
Star Wars
Imperial March
Indiana Jones
Jaws
James Bond
That Titanic theme (Don't remember the name)

that's about all I can think of

beaujay1
i know its not as well known as lets say, star wars, but it does provoke a strong emotion in me............pirates of the caribbean and even castaway with tom hanks.....both theme songs have been used in the olympics when they give the athletes backgrounds before they are to preform. well neways i just though they were both really good.

beaujay1
o yeah titanic too..........

dean7879
back to the future
jurrasic park

WindDancer
Here are some worthy nominations:

Superman
Platoon
Conan The Barbarian
The Great Escape

botankus
Probably Mission Impossible and Rocky.

When I was a kid I used to confuse the theme songs of Star Wars and Superman, though.

trav6612
star wars trilogy music, indiana jones, braveheart, rocky, rudy, last of the mohicans, LOTR, those are mine

forumcrew
i think something like the good the bad and the ugly is stretching it.. a lot of people would not know what that is same with like pulp fiction.. star wars, rocky, and james bond are prolly about the top 3 id think

deadly_force
definatly indiana jones and bond but i always remember the drumming in the terminator movies

mikeysgothicgur
Friday The 13th
Halloween
Sid & Nancy
SLC Punk
Dazed & Confused
Stand By Me

eggmayo
deliverance. essentially the whole movies soundtrack is a variation around dueling banjos

Red Superfly
OMG how can we forget GHOSTBUSTERS?

OB1-adobe
Okay I'm going to go on a limb here, but pretty much anything John Williams touches

<<Solo>>
Star Wars, Jaws.

Tptmanno1
I agree with OB1
John williams stuff is golden.

darkcrown
Jaws. no expression

Cipher
Star Wars- all of it.
Indiana Jones- main theme
Star Trek The Motion Picture- main theme

ladygrim
LOTR,POTC,star wars indiana jones, many many more..

Curl_Up&Dye
Austin Powers,

Kill Bill ("Bang Bang" by Nancy Sinatra and the tune that the eyepatch wearin b!tch whistles...i cant remember her name)

Wayne's World (mike myers + dana carvey singing)

Sweet Home Alabama (yeah i know, it was another chick flick by reese witherspoon...but i liked it, so sue me. Anyways if it wasnt already obvious, the theme song is Lynyrd Skynyrd)

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (any song from that movie is almost instantly recognizable)

Back to the Future (that stupid "power of love" song is too annoying for words)

Spiderman (both title songs, "Hero"-S1 and "Vindicated" S2)

Chicago

Scooby Doo

...more when i think of them

Curl_Up&Dye
Pulp Fiction= Jungle Boogie....

most famous pimp song of all time.

ladygrim
ll....kewl.....

Mr Parker
already been mentioned but here goes anyways.
STAR WARS
vaders imperial march also
JAWS INDIANA JONES
BATMAN
TERMINATER
HALLOWEEN
JAMES BOND
SUPERMAN
GHOST BUSTERS
ROCKY
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
AND Two others no one mentioned.
BLUES BROTHERS-peter gunn theme
and STRIPES.

makaky
Psycho, Jaws, Halloween, Godfather, Indiana Jones, and Friday the 13th would definitely be on my most recognized list. And though everyone may not have seen it, I would have to also add Easy Rider.

pr1983
star wars, halloween, jaws, indiana jones, the matrix (the opening music)

Imperial_Samura
And I am sure everyone remembers the theme to "The Great Escape"

Drumdude1167
Jurassic park, pulp fiction main title theme, indiana jones, titanic, forest gump has great songs on its soundtrack, like oldies from 60 and 70's, resiviour dogs, many others, too many to name

meiwaku
Rocky
Exorcist
Star Wars
Terminator
Jaws
Titanic

Those are ones that should be easily recognized. Even if you haven't seen the actual movies.

eleveninches
Most of the John Williams music themes

Drumdude1167
alll da way

Walfredo
Jurassic Park and Star Wars are my two biggies..

Thorondor
Jaws is without a doubt the most recognisable lol, easiest too smile

DA DUM, DA DUM, DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM DODODO

thegreatrudini
the neverending story, Freaked, jurasic park, re - animator, star wars

alic88
damn did n e 1 not pos the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE theme?

i mean thts the most recognizable theme i know of....... or the TERMINATOR theme.. certainly1of the bes

Bierbommetje
Halloween
Pink Panther
Beverly Hills Cop

And ofcourse about 90% of whats been mentioned before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.