Obiwan's age in Episode I, II, III and IV.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonofasaiyan
Well can anyone help me?

ajrocksteady
Episode I- 25
Episode II- 35
Episode III- (speculation) 37-38
Episode IV- 47-48

sonofasaiyan
But he looks like he's about 75 in Episode IV. Damn you Lucas mad .

NoFate007
He can't be 47 or 48 in IV, 20 years passes. He'd be 57 or 58.

PVS
you live in the bahamas you lucky bastard? mad

GCG
wasnt it 30 years between III & IV ? so he should be about 70 when he dies

PVS
no, keep luke's age in mind.
he was around 20 in ep4,
and born in ep3 wink

sonofasaiyan
All my life man eek! .

PVS
damn you....DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

you probably have "girls gone wild" goin on right around the corner from you!!!!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!

sonofasaiyan
Nah but we do have a hurricane by the name of Jeanne. cool

PVS
over 1000 dead in haiti because of that b!tchsad, hope everything turns out ok there.

GCG
so basically Obi 1 must have been under a lot of stress to become so old

PVS
he was like 20 in ep1
about 30 in ep2
kenobi will be in his mid 30's by ep3.

so, when ep4 rolls around, he will be in his mid 50's

and i disagree with kenobi looking "too old"
the stress of war and tragedy will age a person far beyond their years.
dont believe me? just look at historical photos of abraham lincoln from
before and after the civil war. in that relatively short amout of time, he
seems to have aged like 20+ years.

thats why ben's ancient look has never bugged me.
the man was under such stress.

matthewo07
Obiwan definetly had to be under alot of stress..i mean look at what his apprentice turned into. And people do age differently..people in their 50's can look plenty old

GCG
not to mention that him and Yoda could not find any other Jedi around and they were always in fear for their lives cause of the sith holocaust.

vanyoda
Well , Alec Guiness was 62 years old when he filmed A New Hope,
so to be told that Obi Wan was only in his mid-fifties is strange. Are those age figures official ?

Mortanius
All of those years under twin Tatooine suns had a toll on his skin too.

mauler
Obi-Wan probably was around 55 in ep4...

matthewo07
alright heres the comfirmation of his age taken from the databank at starwars.com:
"When he was 25 standard years old, he was caught up in the important events of the Battle of Naboo. At the time he was a Padawan learner, apprenticed to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn."
So then he must be in his 50's in ANH

NoFate007
So 25 in TPM, 35 in AOTC, 37 or 38 in ROTS, 56/57/58 in ANH.

mauler
was not it 33 years between EP I & IV ? so he should be about 58 in ANH
Episode I- 25
Episode II- 35
Episode III- (speculation) 37-38
Episode IV- 57-58

mephistodesigns
That's what I thought. Luke's 19 in ANH according to the episode 4 commentary by Lucas. So Episode 3 in 19 yrs before ANH. Plus three years back to AOTC for a total of 22 years before ANH. Plus eleven between TPM and AOTC for a total of 33 years before ANH for TPM.

In TPM, Anakin's 9 and Padme was 14, Obi is 25. In AOTC Ani is 20 and Padme is 25. So Obi is 36. In ROTS, Ani is 23, Padme is 28, and Obi is 39. So plus the 19 yrs to ANH, Obi is 58. mauler is correct (and anyone else who said 58). In ANH, Ani/Vader is 42, padme WOULD be 47. But she's dead by then (for whatever reason).

mephistodesigns
Timeline with ANH = 0
1 TPM: -33 yrs before ANH
Ani 9
Pad 14
Obi 25
2 AOTC: -22yrs B4ANH
Ani 20
Pad 25
Obi 36
3. ROTS: -19yrs B4ANH
Ani 23
Pad 28
Obi 39
Twins born
4. ANH: 0yrs B4ANH
Ani 42
Pad --
Obi 58
Twins 19
5. ESB: +3 yrs after ANH
Ani 45
Pad --
Obi --
Twins 22
6. ROTJ: +4yrs After ANH
Ani 46
Pad --
Obi --
Twins 23

mauler
Padme should be about 28 when she dies... sad

Anakin2Vader
looks like that is about right to me... nice list mep

mephistodesigns
It seems rather odd to me that ROTJ is a year past ESB, but that's what all the "official" timelines say. I know they aren't as close together in time as the time between the last two matrix movies (which was like ten seconds), but it seemed at the end of ESB that they knew where Han was going: to Jabba's. Maybe ESB is in SW Universe version of November and ROTJ is in like February (but in their time measurements and increments, but you get what I mean...). That's always sorta made me wonder...

robakin
a lot of people seem to think Obi Wan looks well into his '70's but Sir Alec Guinness was 63 years old when he did Star wars.

captainmidnight
37-38 yes,56-58 no,you have to add 20 years to his age from ep3,becouse luke is around 20 in ANH,in the star wars game for super nintendo lukes bio says he's 19

Ushgarak
Yup, it is only a small difference between the ages of Guiness and Obi-Wan; no biggie.

Clai Keboa
I reckon:
Ep1
Obi 25 Anakin 8
Ep2
Obi 35 Anakin 18
Ep3
Obi 40 Anakin 23
Ep4
Obi 58 Anakin 41

(Luke & Leia were meant to be 18 in "A New Hope"wink

Hopfully that's helped you all out

mephistodesigns
Actually, in the ANH commentary, George says they were supposed to be 19. He mentions this when he discusses the actors ages vs. the characters. He says Mark was 24 when they filmed and Carrie was 19, the age he wanted them to be. I'm sticking with his numbers thank you very much. So there's nineteen years between III and IV. That's why the math works out to TPM being 33 years before ANH. One way we could settle this is to find out what the opening crawl to ROTS says. I've been going by the "official" timelines on starwars.com which they also put in all the books so you know when the books take place in regard to the films so you know how old the characters were supposed to be. Different sites are reporting ROTS is 2 years after AOTC and some say 3. starwars.com says 3. Which makes them nineteen when you work the math from Episode 1, or back from Episode IV as I did a couple posts up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.