Tribunal vs Thanos(w/ gaunt) vs Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sooperhotshiz
Who do you think would win? Please know who each of them are for less ignorant answers.

crazyspinz
manes marvel hiarchy (very acurate) puts tribunal 1 above IG, so i think it would win
1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg
38. Thor/Drax/Gladiator/Terrax the Tamer
39. Captain Universe/Quasar/Gabriel the Airwalker
40. Dr. Strange
41. Genis-Vell/Blackheart/Loki
42. Vision (full power)/Ghost Rider (full power)
43. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Firelord/Apocalypse
44. Atleza/Holocaust/Nova/Nimrod/Ultron/Mandarin/Cable (without virus)/Abomination/Champion (on earth)
45. Magneto (full power)
46. Juggernaut/Hulk (normal power)
47. Magneto (normal power)
48. Professor Xavier
49. Jean Grey
50. Cable (with virus)
51. Namor (in water)/The Thing/Colossus/Iron Man/Wonder Man/She-Hulk/Doctor Doom
52. Scarlet Witch/Warbird/Rogue/Emma Frost/Psylocke/Namor (out of water)/War Machine
53. Vision (normal power)/Ghost Rider/Vengeance/Spider-Man/Venom/Deadpool
54. Captain America/Wolverine/Sabretooth/T'Challa/Daredevil

Sooperhotshiz
Reminder to those:
Beyonder not only destroyed Death, he also brought Death back.

Beginners luck?

crazyspinz
prolly

wrathofachilles
I don't get that. If Living Tribunal was above the Infinity Gauntlet, why did Thanos conquer every being in the univese with it?

JuggernautFan
Living Tribunal -IS- above the gauntlet. i can get you a copy of the infinity gauntlet saga, but its gonna cost ya smile it will be in a book like format. but anyway........... thanos with the gauntlet defeated galactus and peers, then replaced eternity. thats as high up as he got on the heirarchy of the marvel universe. later LT snapped his fingers and rendered the gauntlet useless.

wrathofachilles
So why the hell didn't he do that in the first place? lol. I actually have a few issues of the saga, the one where Thanos kills Mephisto, but I didn't catch the end.

Evangel94
He only will act when the whole multiverse is threatened.

wrathofachilles
Ah I see. Lazy bastard, lol. Any recent issues where the Tribunal shows up?

wrathofachilles
Oh, and why is Dormammu above Mephisto? Isn't Dormammu a demon and Mephisto lord of the demons?

Sooperhotshiz
The list up there is clearly flawed and Ive seen many other like it but in a different order.

Maestro
Dormammu isn't a demon, he is an actual being that uses the appearance of a demon like figure to amplify his magics.

Linkalicious
Because change throughout the universe is inevitable. The Watchers took no place in the battle because they knew that regardless of who Thanos killed.....the universe would go on.

It was Thanos' ambition to kill 1/2 the life forms in the universe....not destroy the universe entirely.

In the grander scheme of things, Thanos having the guantlet wasn't enough to justify Tribunal's mediation. The Tribunal will only act if the entire universe (or multiverse) is jeopardy...or if he himself is in jeopardy.

wrathofachilles
Yeah, I researched his bio and found that out. I still think Mephisto is above him, but of course the hierarchy is subjective.

Beyonder
Here's my list from sometime ago, not as long as Mane's but would probably answer your questions Sooperhotshiz.

1. TOAA
2. The Heart Of The Universe/Pre-Reconned Beyonder
3. Living Tribunal
4. The Infinity Gauntlet
5. Death/Eternity/Infinity/Full Potential Galactus (as Third Essential Of Universe)
6. Oblivion
7. Celestials/Franklin Richards (full potential)
8. Master Order/Lord Chaos
9. Chronos
10. Love/Hate
11. Galactus (normal)/Stranger/Eon/Hoggoth/Oshtur/Agamotto/In-Betweener
12. Molecule Man
13. Shaper of Worlds/Beyonder/Kubik
14. Phoenix Force
15. Dormammu/Shuma Gorath
16. Demogorge The God Eater (Atum the Sun after consuming elder god)
17. Chthon/Set/Atum (the Sun God)/Demiurge/Gaea
18. Tyrant
19. Cyttarok/Odin/Zeus/Zuras/All Skyfathers/Destroyer Armor/Shaman X-Man
20. Mephisto
21. King Thor/Thanos
22. Captain Universe
23. Silver Surfer/Morg/Thor/Gladiator/X-Man (normal)/Genis-Vell/Loki/Beta Ray Bill/Terrax/Black Heart
24. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Fire Lord
25. Magneto/Apocalypse/Exodus/Holocaust/Ultron/Nimrod/Mandarin
26. Juggernaut/Hulk
27. Dr.Doom/Iron Man/Wonder Man/Namor/Thing

And your fight should list whether it's Pre-Reconned Beyonder or not; it's essential if you want to compare powers.

1] Pre-Reconned Beyonder
2] LT
3] Thanos w/ IG

otherwise

1] LT
2] Thanos w/ IG
3] Post-Reconned Beyonder

crazyspinz
dormammu is actualy very simmilar to mephisto, they each have there own dimension and are way more powerfull in it. but some how spidey manage to beat him.....

Maestro
dormammu is strong outside his dimension, in contrary to mephisto.

crazyspinz
but he is way stronger in his dimension

Maestro
most probably, but im saying dormammu maintains most of his strength when he leaves his dimension, but mephisto doesn't becasuse his power sources derives from his dimension.

crazyspinz
agreed

Maestro
on the subject, i heard mephisto is nightcrawlers dad,Lol

crazyspinz
ummm, i dont think so, but mystique is his mom

Maestro
Actually I'll correct myself, it's a guy called Azael aka Satan.

crazyspinz
realy? do u have a refreance?

Maestro
Hmmm yea, these guys seem to know their stuff

http://superherohype.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-86541.html

crazyspinz
cool thx

Beyonder
Dormammu, unlike Mephisto, is a multi-dimensional being who gains power from many sources including his worshipers of the many dimensions he conquered and others (Earth & Mordo). A noviced Dr. Strange invoked his name in order to use some of his powers, then stopped after he found out who Dormammu really was.

Even in his dimension, Mephisto's power is NOT near Dormammu's. Mephisto managed to stalemate Galactus, a feat that does not put him on Dormammu's level, who stalemated Eternity. Though some of the Hellcat mini series have been reckonned, it's story was about Mephisto and other hell god/demon (Satanish, Hela, Pluto, etc.) coming together to fight against Dormammu's arrival in their dimension & annexing it to his own Dark Dimension.

There was also a What If? story where Dr. Doom became the Sorcerer Supreme instead of Strange, in it Doom & the Ancient One ventured into Mephisto's realm where the Ancient One was killed (by a cheap attack from Mephisto). Doom was able to release his mother from Mephisto's grip and either Doom or the spirit of the Ancient One killed Mepshiot. However when the Ancient One died, Dormammu (who was watching the fight from his realm) was able to break through. Doom requested the FF to go back in time and retrieve a mystical gem which he later used to sent Dormammu and his hordes of demon back to the Dark Dimensions.

Clearly writters & evidence point to the fact that Mephisto is below Dormammu.

crazyspinz
i knew that..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maestro
Yea, I think dormammu should be used more, plus he has the mindless ones in his dimension, which would set up a decent storyline if a good writer is behind it.

crazyspinz
but spidey still beat him in his own dimension, so sad...

Maestro
You sure your not talking about the cartoon?

Beyonder
Spidey also beat Firelord, what's your point? Everyone jobs to Marvel's Mickey Mouse a.k.a. Spiderman.

Maestro
How did mephisto stalemate galactus.......???

Galactus would rearrange him into a cookie and eat him stick out tongue

Beyonder
Not in Mephisto's realm he wouldn't.

Maestro
I don't understand why these two would fight each other though, why would galactus even go to hell,unless he died of course.

And speaking of dormammu and eternity, what did dormammu do to get eternity on his ass?

crazyspinz
wow we made this thread go way of topic.... o well

Beyonder
I think it was Eternity sticking his head in Dormammu and Strange's business. This pissed firehead off who attacked Eternity with all his might and Eternity attacked with two planets within his body colliding and crushing Dormammu. Both vanished after that and Strange escaped within a force field as things blow up. Neither Dormammu nor Eternity was seen in a while after that confrontation.

Maestro
I wish they would make another TPB like secret wars,infinity gauntlet,etc with all the cosmic characters in them, would be good reading.

crazyspinz
yes yes it would

wrathofachilles
Well when you've got everything right there, why bother leaving right? lol, I vote for Mephisto for the simple fact that he's the devil. And I'm probably already going to hell, so might as well get in some points with the big guy downstairs, wink

crazyspinz
acualy, hes not the devil, hes close, but not quite, marvel acualy has like 6 guys who are "the devil" one being night crawlers father, dormammu included, so if mephisto, and there are some other ones to, i think dr doom knows him, ill call him tonight and ask

crazyspinz
so is mephisto*******

wrathofachilles
Oh I know about the whole 'Mephisto makes no such claim to be the Biblical devil' and all, but that's a disclaimer by Marvel because they know they'd be in pretty hot water by having Satan a comic book character. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people out there who aren't as accepting of the devil as I am, lol.

crazyspinz
but there is a marvel character who acualy is the biblical devil, he isnt talked about much though, wonder why...

Beyonder
...cause Marvel abandonned the idea, they'd rather not get too religous in Christianity.

crazyspinz
i know, hes night crawlers dad, and he lives in the dimension night bamfs into

wrathofachilles
Eternity and Galactus are both creations of the same cosmic egg, therefore I consider them to be equal beings, despite Eternity's place as...eternity. Plus since Dormammu loses to Strange on a constant basis, I do not place him on the level of Mephisto.

wrathofachilles
Yeah, it's best to say away from religious figures. They tread on thin ice as it is with the mythical characters like the Asgardians and Olympians, considering they used to be religious figures *and still are to some* They can't have a biblical devil win *for whatever reason* so it's best to leave it alone.

crazyspinz
agreed

Beyonder
Galactus AT full power maybe. Yet Galactus has been defeated by Earth heroes before, Eternity was not ever. Galactus' is important to the universes survival, but he's never at full power to compare Eternity.

Strange has also conjured Mephisto and locked him up in chains and covered his eyes JUST so that he could answer Strange and Dare Devil's questions. So I don't see you point. Black Panther also trapped him as well. Thor has given Mephisto some trouble, while Silver Surfer & Warlock have punked his ass IN & OUT of his realm.

Strange doesn't even give much of a rat's ass when it comes to Mephisto, neither did the Ancient One. As for Strange defeating Dormammu, there was always help from outside sources such as mystical talismans and other deities.

wrathofachilles
Well he's at full power when these bastard heroes leave him alone and let him have a meal once in awhile, lol. As I said in another thread, he's been 'defeated' because Mr. Fantastic just happens to come across ultimate weapons that can destroy Galactus and the like. It's quite convenient.

Strange fought Dormammu without the aid of magic and beat him once. I don't know much about Dormammu I'll admit, but he let's just say in a dark alleyway I'd rather face him than Mephisto.

crazyspinz
id rather face him to, only because he has fire on his head witch would light up the ally, and i would know not to go down the dark ally with firey head guy in it,

everyone vote in my surfer vs thor thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t309149.html

wrathofachilles
hahahaha, that's good. Still, Mephisto is not exactly a guy who you can miss. He's surrounded by flames and always bellows 'who dares to summon the lord of the underworld?!' That's something that could tip you off, lol.

guy222
Originally posted by Sooperhotshiz
Who do you think would win? Please know who each of them are for less ignorant answers.

True Living Tribunal

King Kandy
Originally posted by guy222
True Living Tribunal
You ahve just commited the evilist dead in history.

DO NOT BUMP OLD TOPICS!

Especially if the last post was two three years ago!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.