Obi-wan/Anakin fight not on lava

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VengeanceGOD
Watch the Episode 3: Making the Game documentary. In it, they show an in-game clip from the Obi-wan/Anakin fight. The fight is not taking place on a lava planet, but in a room with similar corridors to the Death Star. Anyone know what this means?

Morridini
Perhaps their fight takes place at a facility of some sort near some lava. And their fight takes them to the lave.

Darth_Duffy
maybe they venture into a kitchen and obi-wan poors a kettle of boiling water over anakin? the whole lava story flies right out the window

PVS
the fight is indoors and outdoors.
if you look at one clip, anakin is charging obi on a walkway,
and it seems they just ventured outside through a large door.

its a long fight, so there will be a variety of settings.
but rest assured it will take place on mustafar

Jedi Shmedi
Yeah, I heard it's supposed to be the longest fight scene in cinema history with no cut-aways. That's so cool.

PVS
like over 20 minutes.
i cant waitbig grin

moonwalker741
yeah its supposed to be very long, and in many different places...

moonwalker741
i just really hope its not like episode 1, where they show the fight, then switch back to the gungans, then the fight, then padme and the invasion, than the gungans, then the fight

i just hope its all sequenced together

Mempho76
Will Padme have the kids before or after THE DUEL??? Surely there won't be fighting w/scenes cutting to Padme's labor!!

Jedi Priestess
20 minutes? I had heard 12.

PVS
perhaps we will see the scenes of the twins' birth
around the same time as the birth of vader?

i dont think they would cut back and forth from duel to birth.

PVS
oh, your right JP, NG said 12 minutes...my bad

Mempho76
Padme apparently has the kids before THE SUIT. I think Vader asks the Emperor about his son and is told he died? And goes Force-crazy.. or something like that.

moonwalker741
12 minutes? really? i was not aware of that

PVS
i thought, until i just saw the NG quote, that it was over 20 minutes.

but that 12 minutes may be divided up with battle scenes.

it seems to be tradition

moonwalker741
dammit! stick out tongue

PVS
hey, it only sucked in ep1, because of the 100% CG battle.
god that was boring...fast forward material on the DVD

Member.
didn't someone say that the fight is fought through 4 different places? the fight in the corridor could be one of the places. doesn't necessarily mean the fight won't happen on lava.

and think about it, 20 mins of the same crap...wouldn't that be boring?

vanyoda
Yes , but the fight will be inter-cut with the almost
100% digital Wookie battle probably!!!

mephistodesigns
Hayden has said in interviews (and Ewan too) that the fight is between 12-13 minutes, with no cutting. It is THE battle so there are no interuptions. Besides, the clone wars are over before the duel happens. It's said in interviews to be the longest duel without inter-cutting with other scenes in film history.

Darth Surgent
BTW, the 12 minutes is of uncut/unedited footage. There is no way that we will see them fight in a concentrated lightsaber duel for 12 minutes, so don't get your hopes up.

darktim1
well if they don't fight over lava then how does he get burned I'm going to stick to the lava because a lightsaber can't scar a person how he is hurt for now may force be with you.

NateDawgNT
its not 12 minutes uncut, where are u getting that from? Hayden said it was the longest swordfight ever comitted to film and that it was like 20 some minutes of footage... i can guarantee u it'll be at least 10 minutes - its the most important event in the PT

Ushgarak
It was mentioned a while back that it had been cut to under ten; it will probably be cut more by the time we see it.

jedijunky1138
I read that the fight will take place over a long distance covering many different obsticals, part indoors and part outside. I think at some point they even fight hanging from cables.

darktim1
cool.

PVS
are you sure about the "hangling from cables" part?
i just cant picture it...

J-Unit
They Will Fight On Lava But they will have these platforms and they will controll them like surfboards

Sidewinder1988
I was always hoping that "The Duel" would not take place on a lava planet - I always imagined Obi vs Ani to take place in some random smelting facility - like the end of Terminator 2.

For some funny reason, I always wanted to see the junkyards of Ord Mantell some day - I always thought it would be cool if Anakin vs Obi-Wan took place in the junkyards. Plenty of sharp objects to throw at each other, awesome dark atmosphere, and a brilliant premise for the smelting facility.

jedijunky1138
Not sure but I imagin holding on with one hand swinging lightsaber with the other. Thats what I read, but I can't confirm it. Sorry.

jedijunky1138
That rumor I think has been dismissed

Morridini
What abot the lower pasrt of Corusant? Where they chased Zam (if that was her name, the bounty hunter in EP II) in EP II. It was a lot of melted metal there, so perhaps teh facilities there uses lava to melt it.

jedijunky1138
that was just a lot of lights the metal was buckling from the pressure of the city built ontop

Morridini
Ok. I thought it were some factories and facilities there.

jedijunky1138
mostly just dwellings and slums.
the battle will happen on Mustifar.

Mace Skywalker
i hears 12-15, but 20 is good too.

Ushgarak
It's not that long from what we know- sorry.

Spiderdrew8
I think it's been confirmed that they will do that.

Sith Master X
From what I've heard, yes, the do swing on cables.

Cipher
Nothing about the cutting of the scenes has really been confirmed because Lucas can change them up until pretty late in the game. The Duel needs to be the longest, most intense saber fight in all the SW movies. Cutting away to other things would lessen the drama. Also, what would they cut to? Jedi being killed? Maybe, but the war is over by that point. It seems that George is getting things out of the way so that this fight can be focused on.

Sith Master X
I totally agree. The battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin will be the HIGHLIGHT of the entire saga. It is the turning point. It cannot be interrupted, all the focus must be on this duel.

Cipher
I forgot to mention how Anakin can't fall in lava or molten metal because there'd be nothing left of him to fish out.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.