Carlito's Way Prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Dubbed right now as Carlito's Return (which wouldn't make sense as a prequel so it will most likely be changed). I bet this will be ****ed up but if done right could be cool. Carlito was kind of legendary so I'm guessing the prequel will be showing how he became legendary. I'm guessing this one will end dramatically like the last one but will be him going to prison instead of dying. Brian De Palma won't be directing it and Jay Hernandez will be replacing Pacino. Thats where the movie will most likely have its downfall. I'm affraid to see the results.

Cinemaddiction
That's ridiculous. Hope it never happens.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah me too.

pr1983
the original i loved, but how are they gonna replace pacino? they cant use him cos all the make up in the world wont de-age him.

Cinemaddiction
He just said it would star Ga..I mean Jay Hernandez, star of smash hits like "Crazy/Beautiful"... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is it not all too obvious this dork isn't star material?

TheFilmProphet
Thats why they shouldn't try to make another.

roundisfunny
They're really trying to increase the number of Hispanic mega-stars in American movies, though, to correspond with their growing numbers in the population. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see this movie happen, plus about a dozen others in a similar vein.

Cipher
Terrible idea......

Why make this? Why not an original concept?

Hollywood sucks!

Willo
Totally agree Cipher

TheFilmProphet
Sean Combs Joins Carlito's Way
Source: Fox 411
October 14, 2004

Fox 411 has learned that Sean Combs will be joining Jay Hernandez, Luis Guzman, and Burt Young, in the cast of Carlito's Way, The Beginning. The film is a prequel to the 1993 Brian De Palma feature that starred Al Pacino as Carlito.

The story follows Carlito (Hernandez) through Spanish Harlem's no exit world of gangs, drugs, pimping, and the Mob, from the 1940s to the early 1970s.

"The Beginning," will begin production shortly and will be written and directed by Michael S. Bregman, son of producer Martin Bregman.

Myth
Thanks for the info.

TheFilmProphet
Your welcome. I usually bring the news around these forums.

Cinemaddiction
So, basically, a Latino "The Godfather" with P. Diddy? This movie is totally unmerited, and while Bergman produced the original, it still reeks of failure and disinterest.

"Carlito's Way" was about redemption, and Carlito getting his life back on track. It's all too ****ing apparent what kind of lifestyle he led before, which in turn makes a prequel totally pointless, especially when it's "stars" are anything but.

TheFilmProphet
Not really Latino in general. Anyway they could have chosen a much better cast for the film. Not a very good choice with Jay Hernandez in my oppinion.

Cipher
Still a bad idea.....

Jay Hernandez isn't a star and I don't think he ever will be. He can't carry a movie, none of the people mentioned can.

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.