Natural Born Killers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turbo-Cajun
If you guys were to explain Natural Born Killers in a few brief sentences how would you do it? I had to explain it in a class of mine bc only me and the professor had seen it, and when i explained it he gave me a look like i had really missed something. Im just interested if you had 30 secs to talk about it how would you do it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And I am high. I'm HIGH!!!" - Dave Chappelle

roundisfunny
Off the top of my head:

"Natural Born Killers" is a grating commentary on how the media and the American public share responsibility in glorifying crime and criminals. Mickey and Mallory Knox (Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis) are a pair of seedy, wrong-side-of-the-tracks lowlifes who, following abusive and dysfunctional childhoods, find each other and fall in love. They set out on a sociopathic spree of mayhem which Oliver Stone presents as solidifying their relationship. The media and the unwashed masses immediately embrace these "anti-heroes" in the same way that they had iconified Bonnie and Clyde decades earlier.

When Mickey and Mallory are finally caught and imprisoned, a tabloid reporter (Robert Downey Jr) sets out to interview them. Mickey and Mallory escape as a subsequent prison riot erupts, and the pair of them run off to live happily ever after. I saw this movie once when it came out, and I've had no desire to see it a second time. It should come as no surprise that Tarantino wanted his name taken off the screenplay credit.

Is that 30 seconds? Maybe if you got John Moschita to say it....

Mr Zero
A poor rip off of "Badlands" done in an MTV style.

Less than 10 seconds. Easy.

roundisfunny
Easy if you have a frame of reference. I've still never seen "Badlands", so it's a safe bet the doofi in Turbo-Cajun's class haven't.

Mr Zero
Its the jedi special - ed class.

Good word!

Turbo-Cajun
Thanks guys.... thats about what i said, i think

roundisfunny
Maybe your prof just gave you the stinkeye because he's a film snob, and what we said doesn't jibe with the hoity-toity review he read in "The New Yorker".

Turbo-Cajun
I dunno hes a chill guy, not snobbish at all... he's my creative writting prof so its a different kind of instructor than the standard accounting/ math/science proffessors. I probably didnt explain quite as good as you did, but i hit alot of those points .... i guess i might have just immagined it or something

tabby999
yeah, the movie ended up being nothing more than a gratuitous exscuse for Oliver Stone to put in about 50 million different effects in the movie and complelty **** a tarantino movie...bastard.

Paola
wow. everyone seem to hate this movie...

norrin radd
really? i think the movie is great

Paola
eek! me too!!

I loved it!

tabby999
why did you like it, we've all said why we think its bollocks, why do you think its cool?

Turbo-Cajun
It was cool to watch while on drugs..... so was the doors

BadKitty
I believe that might be the only way to enjot this movie TC

Turbo-Cajun
I haven't watched Natural Born Killers sober yet, but when i watched The Doors sober i was like, wtf? It was bazzar

norrin radd
one amazing director (oliver stone) woody harrelson, julliette lewis and the awsome robert downey junior, whats not to like?

really the filme his hilarious, paola do you like fear and loathing in las vegas? i love this movie

tabby999
the bit not to like is the way Oliver Stone ruined it by trying way to hard to be arty. you could have had the best actors and actresses in the world in that movie and it would have been shit still because Olver stone had a hard on for fade, camera pans and swings and hyper color

Turbo-Cajun
There is a lot of cool shit that stone does artistically with his cameras though, its a different kind of artistic expression than most movie goers are used to, but i dunno i have talked to a lot of people who love stone movies... personally i enjoy seeing his films, sometimes it is overboard... but overall i think his work is pretty damn cool

roundisfunny
My most vivid memory of seeing this movie for the first and only time is when we ("the gang"wink were walking to our cars in the parking lot at around Midnight. There was a shoebox sitting on the asphalt, and this guy named Chris thought it would be funny to jump up and stomp on it with both feet.

I was walking near him, and, being the paranoid sort, started to yell "Noooo!". I didn't get far enough away; the vomit inside the shoebox exploded and splattered in all directions. As the closest, I got a few droplets hit my left leg, and I immediately wiped my left leg onto Chris. I was pretty upset about the whole experience.

Paola
sick thanx for sharing
now I forgot why I like it sick

Turbo-Cajun
Its always bad telling vommit stories...

BadKitty
I got plenty of those whistle

Turbo-Cajun
likewise

roland faust
I think Tarantino should remake Natural Born Killers with all his original ideas and his own style.

CAST:
Mickey- Pitt? Klooney? Willis?
Mallory- Michelle Trachtenburg? Alyson Hannigan?
Wayne- Tim Roth
Scagnetti- Michael Madsen
Warden- Harvey Keitell
Kavinoff- Chris Penn
Warwitzer- Tarantino
Owen- Billy Bob Thorton?

tabby999
i dont think the cast is the thing that lets the movie down the cast is fine. its stones ****ed directing that killed it

Samas-adian
Yeah, the casting was perfect. Especially Rodney Dangerfield as the abusive father. It was Stone's directing that made it crap. I hate movies that use to much effects.

eggmayo
I've never seen NBK, is it worth me buying if I see it on the market?

ironmovies
WTF this is a awesome film and tarantino should hold his head in shame 4 bein such an ass a bout this as it is awesome in every way (don get me wrong i luv tarantinos films ) Ur all jus kissin tarantinos ass and deep down inside even though ur 2 afraid 2 admit it because of wat othrs might think its awesome and 1 of my fave films eva so shut the f**k up and start enjoyin brilliant films

bigD4321
exactly i loved it too. i thought the cast was perfect also

eggmayo
I liked it erm

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by roland faust
I think Tarantino should remake Natural Born Killers with all his original ideas and his own style.

CAST:
Mickey- Pitt? Klooney? Willis?
Mallory- Michelle Trachtenburg? Alyson Hannigan?
Wayne- Tim Roth
Scagnetti- Michael Madsen
Warden- Harvey Keitell
Kavinoff- Chris Penn
Warwitzer- Tarantino
Owen- Billy Bob Thorton?

yeah - i TOTALLY love michael madsen in QT movies!!

GreenFist
I never got to see that movie never could find it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.