Anakin's Prosthetic Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
I have been hearing some buzz about people that are upset that Anakin wears a glove over his robotic hand in Episode III, because "Luke only did so to cover it up when it was injured, not just for the sake of looking cool." I would just like to state that the reason Anakin wears this glove is for appearance purposes, but not "to look cool". Its simply so you don't see a reference to Anakin's lack of skill. If you saw a Jedi with a metal hand, wouldn't you assume he was weak enough to have gotten it chopped off? That would give you more confidence in battle. But when you can't see something about your opponent, it strikes fear in you, and that causes you to become self conscious and worse in battle (it would be a smart idea to wear your hood on the robes in battle to hide your facial expressions too but eh, Jedi gotta die in this, not win). The reason Luke didn't do this is because his hand was identical to human hands, and you couldn't tell the difference until it was shot at Jabba's.

Any comments?

Sith Master X
I'd rather see his glove then that golden robotic hand. erm

Anakin2Vader
I like the glove much better

amity75
Judging by the released shots it looks like Anakin's got a much cooler glove than Luke. Lukes is like something my grandmother would wear while Anakins is big, bulky and very Vaderish.

Mace Skywalker
The glove makes it look better. much better, instead of some droid looking thing.

Sith Master X
I agree.

NoFate007
Glad to see nobody has any anti-glove comments.

Gangularis
yeah, i don't wanna see terminator ani the whole movie.. besides, there's a scene with his shirt off where you'll see his hand.. don't worry, he'll be ungloved at least once.

Sith Master X
Yep, that's true. I believe he's with Padme in that scene. lol

Gangularis
also.. where do you get that slipping on a glove over an injured bionic hand helps fix it??

Cipher
Being ungloved with Padme is what got them the twins......

Seriously, though, the glove looks cool. It has those clamps on it....

captainmidnight
yep...the glove looks cool

Lyn
I like that he wears the glove too.

Gangularis
yep, the clamps are awesome.... it's like an ice skate boot.... accept it's a glove.. big grin

NoFate007
It never fixes it, it just protects your viewing of having a machine for a hand, proving that you were beaten before. Luke puts it on for the same reason as Anakin does, so you don't know its there. That's why Luke didn't need it when his hand looked authentic but needed it when you could see all the synthetic nerves and such.

NateDawgNT
i always thought Luke put the glove on so that Yoda couldn't see it. I dont think its for the same reason as Anakin - cuz the only person(jedi)_ he needed to fight was the guy that cut thehand in the first place

jedijunky1138
ILM put the glove on Anakin so they would not have to replace it with a CGI robotic hand. SIMPLE

Boris
Although in one bth his hand is a blue glove with markings so I'd say that we will see it without the glove..... all cgi'd up and stuff....

Red Superfly
Has anyone seen the Clone Wars cartoon?

I was under the impression that Anakin's arm was severed above the elbow joint - but in the Clone Wars cartoon he has his elbow intact.

This was one of the reasons why I realised that pic of "burned Ani" months and months ago was a fake mainly because of the arm being severed below the elbow, when Dooku clearly cut it off above it (IMO).

So is Anakin's golden arm going to have an elbow or not? It's just one of those continuity things that bugs me in a way a paper cut does.

Xam
i love the gloves but i also want to see bionic style anakin!!!

Cowboyography
SMELL THE GLOVE!!!!

Spinal Tap?? Anyone??

captainmidnight
yeah that movie rocks.......the stone henge?part makes me laugh every time

NoFate007
Well I know you see the metal hand in at least one scene, but I also think that by the end of The Duel he'll have it exposed...if not chopped off again haha

Gangularis
yeah, that's what i was thinkin too.

El Toro
EDIT:

mephistodesigns
i was one of the people who complained that EVERY character in star wars seems to wear a glove when they loose an arm. It bugged me because Luke only did so after having some of the skin shot off and it looked gross and probably wasn't to good for it to be exposed to air and dust. HOWEVER, with Anakin, I see the need for it because its a visual actualization of the theme of him slowly becoming more mechanical, a theme that carries on to Luke in ROTJ, when he looks at his hand and realizes he's becoming like his father, thus strengthening his morals and teachings. So with Anakin, I agree. Plus his hand is kinda creepy for anyone who's gotta hang around him. big grin

GCG
I am beginning to think that it is this arm that saves Anakin.

I would have a theory after watching I Robot, that when Anakin falls down a crater, he would use his Proshetic arm against the rugged walls of the crater's interior to slow him down.

I would picture Obi1 seeing Anakin falling into a cloud of sulphur and vanish. Obi1 thinks Anakin is dead. but Anakin would actually be using that arm as an expendable means of survival.

He would then be wedged in the cliff face breathing all those poisonous gases while getting slowly blistered by the heat below.

randi_jedi
I like it both ways. But the glove would help in fights, but I think it wouldn't be so great in the bedroom. Well, I don't think the bionic arm would help much either. Kicks major glutious either way!

captainmidnight
anakin wears the glove to hide that in fact it is a robotic limb or whatever,randi-jedi....i like that idea of the robotic arm keeping or helping anakin from dieing,very interesting idea....

Darth Nikana
i myself like the glove.... i think its cool cool cool

way better looking glove then what Luke had. the glove makes his hand look cool with all those straps on it. i personally dont want to see the gold metallic hand. reminds me too much of 3PO's hand but skinnier

jedijunky1138
The Emperor will order clone troopers to pull him out of the lava.

Member.
i like the golden robotic hand...plz don't hate me.

cornponious
Michael Jackson agrees.

OH wait, I swore I'd never post here again

Shadow Corn

jedijunky1138
Hey where did he come from?????????LOL ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.