Why Copters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
Some of the pics relating to the Kashyyk battle show Wookies piloting Small One Wookie helicopters. Why would Lucas want to put something so EARTHLY as that in his last movie? I think it takes the GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY part out of the picture.

DARK ASSASSIN
i havent seen these pictures? PM them to me?

jedijunky1138
They are only sketches done by the art department. I will have to find them and send them your way.

DARK ASSASSIN
coolio

vanyoda
I think it's because George Lucas wants to do an Apocalypse
Now movie scene. Yoda saying that he loves the smell of
napalm in the morning, oops that was his fart!!

Here is one link

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/8359/7698.jpg

DARK ASSASSIN
well okay looking at the pictures it seems as though theyre not really copters but fly like wings that flap up and down, i think that these things are the ugliest most rediculous things ive ever seen. chang needs to stop with the whole "everything needs to look like a bug" idea. its really rediculous because everything looks TO similar to a bug.

jedijunky1138
I thought that the Wookies were supposed to be technologically advanced. That doesn't look advanced to me.

jedijunky1138
Originally posted by vanyoda
oops that was his fart!!

LOL laughing

OB1-adobe
For the same reason why he put 50's style diner in AOTC. I think they are kinda neat looking. The whole concept of Kashyykk is suppose to be a hybrid of primitave tech, and advanced tech. Wookies on crack basically.

vanyoda
Well if Lucas has based these "copters" on a real life insect
on the planet Kashyyyk, I can understand the Wookies using
them as a basis for the machines. We used birds as a basis
for our initial planes here on Earth, does this mean there are
no birds on Kashyyk? But I'm not sure about those flying boats!

jedijunky1138
The boats fly?

vanyoda
Unless I am mistaken they don't seem to be touching the water

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/5980/7705.jpg

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/1995/7695.jpg

jedijunky1138
Wow you're right! Well these are concept art so we dont know if they make itto the film or not.

Thanks vanyoda.

DARK ASSASSIN
they look kinda cool, but if theyre boats, why do they need to fly?

The Ones
so they dont sink

jedijunky1138
rolling on floor laughing

Sith Master X
The copters don't look so earthly to me, but that's just me.

CinematicESP
Wow. I didn't know I was the only one who liked the Kashyyyk designs. I think they could have the coolest technology in the Star Wars saga.

Sith Master X
I love the Kashyyk designs.

Anakin2Vader
^^^ me too... i think it looks awesome....

I beleive GL was going for technologically advanced but in a different way

vanyoda
I also think the Kashyyyk designs are super, that's why I spent so
much time making a photo collage of the battle. I just hope
that Jar Jar is nowhere on this planet !!

jedijunky1138
The designs are fine, it's the concept that I don't agree with. Couldn't he (GL) have just let them have ships with repulser lifts and not rotery blades? For all I know they are not rotery blades, just flapping wings like someone stated before. Eather way I think they put too much thought into this one.

unknown hero
They do kinda look like repulsar technology, well at least the 'boats' do. But then we've seen that kind of thing before in Jabba's sail barges and skiffs have we not?

But then I guess their design was determined by the terrain on Tattooine. I don't no much about the terrain on Kashykk but i guess it would quite woody and luxurious like the moon of endor?

ANy thoughts?

jedijunky1138
Kashyyk has massive trees that grow miles into the sky. The Wookies live in the canopy of the trees because it is extremely dangerous at ground level. In ep3 GL has set the "BATTLE OF KASHYYK" in a lagoon at the edge of the forest. The Wookies that live here live at ground level because the clearings and lagoon are not protected by the large trees as much and don't offer hiding places for the large predators that lurk at the forest floor.

unknown hero
Very imformative, thank you.

I remember in an EU novel I read, Han goes there with Chewie and finds out that they only reason we cant understand chewie is that he has a speech impedement or something like that...anyone remember that?

unknown hero
It has to be in one of 5 books (cos they are the only ones I've read...)

Truce at Bakura

Courtship of Princess Leia

Or one of...

the Tim Zahn Trilogy...

Can't for the life of me remember which one though...

jedijunky1138
It is in the Thrawn series and it is Leia that goes to Kashyyk. She can understand some of the wookie language and finds it easyer to understand the leaders of the tribe because of the unknow speech impediment.

unknown hero
Thank you Junky. You are the font of all knowledge...

unknown hero
Talking of Thrawn, he'd be a nice character to bring in, although I guess then you'd have to explain his lack of appearance in the OT...

jedijunky1138
The Official site stated that we will see an EU ( Expanded Universe) character in EP3 but it has also been stated that it will not be Thrawn. Maybe Bel Iblis, I Dunno.

unknown hero
I just liked the fact that Thrawn was the only non human the Palpatine trusted... and those red eyes would be creepy cool...

jedijunky1138
Yes it would. There is going to be a SW TV series coming in 2006, we may get to see him then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.