USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Potential rules development. Please read if interested!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This thread is mainly aimed to players who have some experience of the system i.e. Matrix players and those who have taken part in fights so far.

Unlike the Matrix system, which as players there know has changed a heck of a lot as time went by (apologies and appreciation for that will come when that game ends, which is within a month), the Star Wars system is much more tested and so less mobile- in fact, we have only had one revision in six months, and that happened pretty much exactly as we started anyway.

However, we're always thinking about ways the game can be improved; we have eliminated the major problem that existed before that none of you ever saw- which was that Type Cs were vastly overpowered by Blade Tricks which made them too damn fast and dangerous, allowing them to dodge without losing frames- but each time you come up with a solution now you tend to find more problems.

What do players who know the system think of the Complimentary Blade Trick system? There is a concern on the rule making end that it kind of railroads a Type C, who is likely to have a good number of those, into having to take certain Force powers or the Trick is useless; the recent force power total increase was in part to help the Swordsman types, who were beginning to run out uf useful Blade Tricks they could buy (this has become a big problem at home here with a Swordsman who played through from the original Episode III onwards; when it came time to convert to the new system, when he spent experience he pointed out that there were no more useful Blade Tricks for him to buy because he didn't have enough Force powers).

So... some feedback from you guys would be nice; I am toying with a few ideas in that area. The whole Blade Trick/Swordsman issue has been a tricky one, every other template we are pretty happy with. Our main concern now is that Type Cs will blow all their XP on buying Force powers to be able to compliment... and really, it should always be attractive for Swordsman to not follow a Force path if they do not want to.

Once this is solved the Master Tricks will follow, btw. We just need to settle the system before we apply them, else we'll only have to change them again.

Captain REX
I have no intent on making Galder better with the Force unless everyone else outdates him...

I like the Complimentary System myself, means more pool for me when I use the powers. He's only got 10 after all...

Ushgarak
Pretty useless if you don;t have the powers in the firat place...

Captain REX
True, but I took those powers before you introduced the Complimentary Blade Tricks in the first place, with the exception of Guard...

Ushgarak
... and Guard was new. Ok, thanks!

Silver Stardust
I just realized that I have Force Warrior at level two, but neither of the complimentary Force Powers...

Captain REX
Then you are a fool!

Silver Stardust
I didn't ask you!!! stick out tongue

I think I meant to take those powers when I redid Rianna, but never did for some reason...strike against MY powers of observation!

Captain REX
Well, that bites...

Waste of blade tricks, but it also makes you less deadly than I am... stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Yeah...now I want to fix that...durr...

And actually, we're about equal stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Ahhh... see? Problem...

Silver Stardust
Yeah...that was just dumbness on my part there...

I do like the complimentary system, though.

Fire
euhm I think I missed the introduction of the complimentary system can anyone explain it quite fast?

Silver Stardust
It's Blade Tricks that allow you to use certain Force powers cheaper, pretty much.

Ushgarak
How would people feel that if instead of discounting, they gave extra pool?

Dexx
i'm passive. i have few blade tricks as it is smile

Silver Stardust
I think I'd like that...since I tend to blow through my Focus just by using Riposte all the time...but it is very effective!

Ushgarak
I am working on a system that would work like this...

Taking Force Warrior as an example, it would give you its level each sequence in bonus pool- but only for use with Force attacks.

No specific powers needing to be chased, you see; just bonus pool for use with any Force attacks you make.

Fire
ok, tho I don't see why C types need more pool or powers

Ushgarak
But these are not unique to Type Cs, Fire.

Ushgarak
Development here is going quite well. I have a second question for people... how many of you ever attack more than one target at once?

Dexx
certainly not me....

Captain REX
I haven't yet. I was thinking of Multiple Attacks level 3 or higher for me, but it'll have to wait till the next time I can modify...

Ushgarak
You don't need Multiple Attack to make multiple attacks...

Captain REX
I don't?

Ushgarak
Indeedy. And this is exactly the problem I was worried about...

Silver Stardust
I don't think I ever have...

Ushgarak
Right-oh. Well, if the new system comes into effect, the concept that you cna always multiple attack nearby targets will disappear... as no-one is using it anyway. New Force powers will come in that allow multiple attacks (with less penalty, as you will be paying Force pool for them), and then the Blade Trick Multiple Attack will allow improvements to those powers, as Ricochet does with Reflection (which will probably itself be split into a Standard and Master variant, like Throw).

Fire
ooh no more character adaptations

Baylin
I dont know how relevent this is; the way I play Rah I often want to defend with one blade whilst attacking with the other and dont really feel confident doing this as there isn't really any specific combat skill that Rah could have had to utilise this.

Ushgarak
Skills are simple; it is all done through Lightsabre.

Fire
I think you just need to state what you want to be doing Baylin

Ushgarak
Ok, this being the first clear weekday I have had in bloody ages, I have done some more work on this; currently running through it with my brother.

If it goes ahead, we'll have a new set of Speed Powers and a few new Blade Tricks to come quite soon. Master Tricks nearly done also.

Captain REX
Yay for more things that help me stab! big grin

Ushgarak
Nearly all the new powers, if this goes in, are combat related.

Stealth Agent
Kool i wish i could help contribute thoughts i bareley understand the fighting system let alone enough to improve it.

Also ive only been in fight and as you can see im constantly attacking multiple targets and i plan to make that a habbit and upgrade my blade tricks for multiple attacks. just incase it impacts any of your new tricks/rules. wink

Ushgarak
Thanks.

This is actually going ahead, as reported here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f7/t314162.html

So, closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.