Anakins Power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I have heard in some stuff that i have read that Anakin has more power in Episode Three than Darth Vader does, because he is not handicapped and is not machine. Is this true? and also how powerful is Anakin in Ep. 3, cuz he is supposed to be more powerful than Obi-wan.(but Obi has more experience)

PVS
this could get ugly....check the "midichlorian" thread....people....CERTAIN people get quite pissy on this topic....but i wont mention any names....

i agree with that theory though
anakin is morepowerful than vader

PvtLLChurch
You raise a good point, that is what makes the battle so indulging. I, and pretty much nobody else for that matter, can wait to see Obi-Wan and Anakin's duel, and see what truly happens. Although we do assume that he hits lava, which is most likely. But he might get electricuted, tortured by palpatine, to join the darkside. Although lava is the most likely outcome, like if Obi-Wan kicks him in.

Master Kadub
confused "i've got a bad feeling about this!"

I think that Anakin being more powerful than ObiWan kind of relates to how ObiWan is cunning enough to defeat Maul in TPm....
ObiWan is just a cunning and wise warrior, not so much that he is more powerful.....

captainmidnight
okay i'm just throwing this in here please dont bash me.....i'm thinking there is no difference between the 2 (anakin/vader) and here is why,i believe the force,on the contrary to midiclorians,is a gift that rests in the mind,its developed through patience,like a moment of clarity,or like when you believe in your heart you can do anything,and luke was able to do this with half the training that anakin had,now vader on the other hand regardless of the flesh that has been burned from his body,has adopted this task as if the force itself surrounded him,this is why i think there is no difference between the 2............well?

randi_jedi
Well, I think that anakin would be stronger than Darth Vader. Whatever happened to him that puts him in the suit has gotta take a lot out of a guy. I think that maybe his powers could grow, but the physical limitations of the suit are daunting. My 2 cents.

Morgoths_Wrath

captainmidnight
yeah that would work, i guess i was talking about his force capabilities rather than physical strength...yeah,thanks goth you said what i meant,with less words!!!!

Darth Jello
well, if one assumes that force lightning is actually made up of electrons, you prolly don't want to generate that through a metallic, artificial limb.

darktim1
well GL did say on the fourth disc that during the fighting that anakin is more powerful than obi-wan not sure which part but it is there.

Clai Keboa
I don't think Anakin/Darth Vaders power are different just because he has lost limbs. Isnt the story meant to be a take on the Jesus story? GL said it was, he thought it'd be funny to have a bad jesus. So thinkin that - here's question for you all (no bashing!! ok).
If Jesus lost a limb would he be less powerful? - i mean the guy died and ressurected himself!! so Anakin losing a limb as far as i see it wouldnt make him any less powerful - he is the chosen one remember

I AM NOT RELIGIOUS B4 ANYONE COMMENTS - OK!!!

It was just a thought as it might be as GL sees it.

Ushgarak
Sorry, but midichlorians or no, this is simply not a subject for debate.

George Lucas has outright said that Vader HAS lost hos power as he becomes more machine. His injuries have left him less potent.

That's that- end of story.

Clai Keboa
Ush - when did GL say that?? and when??

jedi90
GL said that in the audio commentary on ESB or ROTJ, can't remember which, but he did say it.

robakin
thats right and if Lucas says its law. it ROTJ commenatry at the end when Luke and Vader fight. He says that Palps wants Luke because he will be what Anakin should have been. The commentary on ROTJ is very interesting.

Member.
Well, Anakin's physical powers have decreased cuz he's handicapped and all, but his knowledge of the force or something probably increased.

jedijunky1138
But the ability to use it has decreased.

Member.
ah yes, of course.

Clai Keboa
Thanks - I'll check the commentries out. I've never listened to them b4 - r they worth it??

jedijunky1138
If you value GL's point of view it is.

Member.
GL's most likely a god to some SW fans.

jedi90
the commentaries are interesting to listen to especially if you are trying understand GL thought process. if of fans would bother to watch/listen to the commentary a lot of their debates would get answered

mephistodesigns
SERIOUSLY!!!!

Member.
yea, the DVD's only $50.

Ushgarak
The ESB commentary is worth it for Kershner alone.

But yes, this is indeed the case- Vader diminished in both physical capacity, and capacity with the Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.