Star Destroyers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clai Keboa
Has anyone seen any pictures of Star Destroyers for Ep3???

jedijunky1138
yes they are still smaller and have large insets in the sides but they are deff SDs.

Clai Keboa
Any pics? - i take it that they will be Victory class??

jedijunky1138
Yea I think Victory class. Check some of the older threads for pics try the BTH 19 thread I think.

jedijunky1138
Sorry My mistake, that was BTH 49 and the pics were removed.

randi_jedi
Dang.....I am trying to catch up on all I missed...guess I wont get to see thatsad

jedijunky1138
just look around they are there somewhere.

Member.
they look like the big triangular ships at the end of episode II.

Clai Keboa
So they're the same?? - they werent that big compared to the Star Destroyers. I would have thought as the fighters have changed so would there carriers

jedijunky1138
The SDs are similar to the Republican cruizers but much, much bigger.

Member.
not necessarily the same, they probably would be bigger cuz that's they way most things do, but the general shape is the same (obviously)

Clai Keboa
i hope that they have changed to Victory class by Ep3. I believe that the Republic used Dreadnaughts and Victory class SD's. The Imperial Class was born in the days of the Empire. Mind you this could be EU (but lets not use that as an excuse please)

jedijunky1138
I think there are going to be other large ships like Dreadnaughts.

Member.
wow, u guys know the name of the different classes?

Clai Keboa
Oh yeah Member, we do

Member.
k, mad skillz =)

DARK ASSASSIN
whats the difference between victory class and stuff?

Clai Keboa
IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER:
Vehicle Specification.
Design: KUAT DRIVE YARDS (KDY).
Length: 1600 meters.
Speed: 60 MGLT.
Affiliation: Imperial.
Weapons: 60 Turbolasers and 60 Ion cannons.

Shield Generators: The shield they generated protected them from long range-fire; the domes of the ISD-72x shield generators are a tempting target for close-range fighters. If they were destroyed it would make the ship more vulnerable and if a out of control A-wing was hurling towards the bridge of a super star destroyer called the Executer it would more or less be destroyed and blow up.

Command Bridge: The hexagonal shape of the command tower of the Imperial Star Destroyer provides the commanding officers an unrestricted view of the star destroyer all the way down to its prow. It also houses the main bridge and command centre with the main computer controls so that they are under the protection of the ISD-72x shield generators.

Gunnery Officer: The ship has 120 primary weapons which requires 275 gunners to operate them. The gun crews had a surprisingly autonomy and a bad judgement by a single officer of one of them was instrumental and allowing the death star plans to fall into the hands of the rebels because the plans were in RD D2 which was in the pod.

Primary Docking Bay: The opponents that were disabled by ion fire or engines smashed up laser fire were frequently taken into the star destroyers primary docking bay and could hold ships 150 meters long (like the TANTIVE IV Princess Leia's ship) and would be drawn into the docking bay by 10 PHYLON Q7 tractor beam projectors on the outer hull.

Shuttle Duty: The enormous size of a star destroyer prevented it from docking to other ships or ground so they had to carry around a squadron of lambda class shuttles or in battle Gamma-class ATR-6 assault transport and the Delta-class DX-9 stormtrooper transport.

PURSUIT SHIPS
Small manoeuvrable craft could outrun a star destroyer rebel capital could not out run star destroyers.

Secondary docking bay: The secondary docking bay is situated in front of the primary docking bay this bay is used to launch all the support craft like Ties; ground support craft like AT-AT & AT-ST; Transports and any other craft if the primary docking bay is out of action.

jedijunky1138
Age, Size, and weoponry.

Clai Keboa
The Victory-Class Star Destroyers have the capability of travelling through atmosphere which makes it useful on raid against planets, allthough the Victory II is more space-combat oriented.. With less shielding and firepower than its Imperial class counterparts, the Victory class Star Destroyers form the second strike line in the fleet arrangement, specializing in taking down enemy fighters that have penetrated the fleet structure.
Specifications:

Victory I Class Star Destroyer
Rendili StarDrive's Victory I
Type: Victory-class Star Destroyer
Scale: Capital
Length: 900 Meters
Crew: 4,798, gunners: 402, skeleton: 1,785
Passengers: 2,040 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 8,100 metric tons
Consumables: 4 years
Top Speed: 8 Mglt
Weapons:
. . 10 Quad Turbolasers
. . . . .6 front, 2 left, 2 right
. . 40 Dual Turbolasers
. . . . .20 front, 10 left, 10 right
. . 80 Concussion Missile Tubes
. . 10 Tractor Beam Projectors
. . . . .6 front, 2 left, 2 right
Defense:
. 3,200 SBD rated shields
. 2,880 RU hull
. 3,200 SP systems
Fighter Compliment:
. 1 TIE Interceptor squadron (12 ships)
. 1 TIE Bomber squadron (12 ships)
. 4 Lambda Class Shuttles
Planetary Assault:
. Full Stormtrooper division
. 8 Landing Barges
. 15 All-Terrain Assault Transports (AT-AT)
20 All-Terrain Scout Transports (AT-ST)

Victory II Class Star Destroyer
Craft: Rendili StarDrive's Victory II
Type: Victory-class Star Destroyer
Scale: Capital
Length: 900 meters
Crew: 5,881, gunners: 226, skeleton: 2,100
Passengers: 1,600 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 8,100 metric tons
Consumables: 4 years
Top Speed: 8 Mglt
Weapons:
. 20 Dual Turbolasers
. . . .10 front, 5 left, 5 right
. 20 Turbolasers
. . . .5 front, 5 left, 5 right, 5 back
. 10 Medium Ion Cannons
. . . .4 front, 2 left, 2 right, 2 back
. 10 Tractor Beam Projectors
. . . .6 front, 2 left, 2 right
Defense:
. 3,200 SBD rated shields
. 2,880 RU hull
. 3,200 SP systems
Fighter Compliment:
. 1 TIE Interceptor squadron (12 ships)
. 1 TIE Bomber squadron (12 ships)
. 4 Lambda Class Shuttles
Planetary Assault:
. Full Stormtrooper division
. 8 Landing Barges
. 15 All-Terrain Assault Transports (AT-AT)
20 All-Terrain Scout Transports (AT-ST)

jedijunky1138
Do you think we will get to see the Lambda class shuttle in EP3?

Clai Keboa
I hope that answers your question

jedijunky1138
Clai You are just a plethora of info aren't cha! laughing laughing laughing

Clai Keboa
I wouldnt have thought so. The design looks too advanced to be in ep3

Clai Keboa
That be me Junky

jedijunky1138
No more advanced than the new Jedi Starfighters.

Clai Keboa
True, but i must say i always thought the Lambda looked outta place in the OT. It always looked too clean and ellegant compared with the other battered and grey spacecraft. I think it would look ok in the PT.

But that aside, it's definatley my fav - gorgeous!!!

mephistodesigns
The new versions of the star destroyers are not Victory class. They are pictured in the new SW Insider, if someone explains to me how to post a pic, I'll scan and post it. The info Clai posted can be found in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and the Roleplaying games stats for ships. As far as the films go, they've never shown the so-called "Imperial Class" Stardestroyer because in all the pics of it in the Guide to Vehicles, it has a bunch of antennaes and crap on the command head piece. All the Star Destroyers in the movies look the same. Its just info they cooked up to add more dynamics to video and roleplaying games.
Anyway, the new ships do look much longer then they are wide, as opposed to the near equilladeral triangle of the AOTC troop transport. They have the groove down the sides that widen into the engine area very similar to the OT Destroyer. The head piece now runs perpendicular to what the OT Destroyer has. (it now runs lengthwise). There are insets about half way up the fuselage, one on each side. They also have a red stripe painted up the center of the fuselage. Its a very dull red, it looks subtle. In the same pics, there are also ships which strongly look like the rebel transports of ESB but they are clearly different ships. Older models perhaps. Again, tell me how to post pics and all put them all up, including the one of Obi-wan the jedi council member (as he now sits next to Ki-adi-mundi).

vanyoda
Hey mephistodesigns, check your private messages. I have given
some wise information about posting photos on threads. big grin

mephistodesigns
thanks, I'll get them up shortly....

mephistodesigns
okay, they are already up on a site vanyoda pointed out to me.

Here's the battle, a "star destroyer" is seen at the top and another at bottom right.
http://users.pandora.be/famo/insider/h11.jpg

and because I said I'd post it, here's the council shot:
http://users.pandora.be/famo/insider/h10.jpg

mephistodesigns
and no, Ki is not a ghost, he's in the meeting via hologram since he's out fighting clone wars.

jedijunky1138
Thanx Meph.

Clai Keboa
Meph, the OT SD's were "imperial" class. The "victory" class is the SD that's never been shown in the films. It's a horrid looking ship with annteni as you said.

jedijunky1138
The only SDs that are canon are in the OT every thing else is EU. We will have to wait and see what they call them in ROTS.

WarSpawn
Another major difference between Imperial Class and Victory class Star Destroyer's are that Victory's can actually land ON planets...

in A New Hope, the two Star Destroyer's pursuing the Millenium Falcon at Tatooine are Victory Class. As you can see, they look the same as Imperial class.

and Victory class Star Destroyer's were made near the end of the Clone Wars, so im pretty sure they'll be in Episode III. We'll probably also see Dreadnaughts, but any other light cruiser like the Dreadnaught (ie Carrack or Lancer) were developed in the days of the Empire, so we most likely wont see it unless Lucas doesnt stick to EU.

Clai Keboa
They are victory class?, never knew that. Where did you find that out?

Ushgarak
As said, the whole Victory Class and Dreadnought thing is EU. The ones in the neww film will not necessarily bare any resmeblance whatsover (they certainly don't looke like visual representations of them).

moonwalker741
nice images meph...and there are early star destroyers in episode 2 people.....ill find an image

Ushgarak
They have already been mentioned...

moonwalker741
oh oops sorry....

jedijunky1138
republican cruisers

Clai Keboa
How can they be EU if they've made an apperance?

jedijunky1138
victory class SDs have not made an appearance. the pre SDs (republican cruisers) have appeared.

jedijunky1138
OOPS

darktim1
were'nt they at the end of episode2 when palpatine was looking over his army or were those different ships.

mephistodesigns
Um, clai, I think you need to go look at the essential guide to vehicles again. Turn to page 80 where you will see a so called "imperial class stardestroyer". THIS is the one with the antanae on top. It's labeled as a communication tower. Victoy class is on page 188 and looks EXACTLY like the ones in the film. but as I and Ush and otheers have pointed out, none that other stuff matters. There is one class of star destroyer in the films: star destroyers. Leia and Han and others put "Imperial" in front of it because they're saying they're part of the Empire, not what class they are. The Prequel era versions are not yet called star destroyers so they are neither class, even if the classes counted.

Clai Keboa
Meph, i conceed to your point. Enjoyed the thread though.

Luuke12
Just thought I'd let you guys know that several months back lucasfilm stated that the Victory-class Star Destroyers would NOT be in EP III. When I had Hyperspace and saw the first pic of the Space Battle, the article had the ship "code named" as the Venator-class Star Destroyer.

Luuke12
By the way with the different classes of Star Destroyers, Lucas film has now acknowleged these following Star Destroyers as officail ship, regardless of movie appearences or not: Victory I, Victory II, Imperial I(EP IV Ships), Imperial II(EP V and VI), Super(EP V & VI), Eclipse I(Dark Empire comic), Eclipse II(Dark Empire II Comic), and the Defender-class(Never seen it, but it was listed as "Smaller than the Imperial-class Ships, but just as powerful" ships built and used by the new republic. All of this information comes from both the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels as well as the Starwars.com databank.

Luuke12
The Victory-class doesn't have it's own section at the starwars.com databank, but it is mentioned by name in the Imerial Star Destroyer section.

mephistodesigns
hey luuke, those are still considered EU in the forums, there are tons of EU things in the databanks. Why would those ships be any more likely to be recognized here?

Luuke12
I didn't mean that, I just got the impression that you didn't recognize them at all in the SW universe, besides, the VSD is only mentioned at SW.com. I was just stating that there is a difference between the ships. I also wanted to point out that The VSD is NOT in EP III, but I think you already noted that. A new SD will be in EP III

OB1-adobe
The people who debate about what class a star destroyer is, and how lightsabers work underwater water remind me of star trek nerds.

mephistodesigns
seriously, can't they just be star destroyers? in the movies they all look the same. In AOTC, its a brand new Star Destroyer. In ROTS, it's and Improved Stardestroyer. And in the OT, they've pretty much perfected them so they all look the same. End of story.

Luuke12
Actually in AOTC they are Cruisers not SDs.(just Kidding, but they are called Republic Cruisers. They have a long name with the infamed "class" extension on it, but it's too long to type)

Luuke12
I do understand where you are coming from, but I think GL did want some sort of realism in his movies to relate them to the real world, hence the "class" extension on many ships. This type of naming is also used on present day naval ships.

mephistodesigns
He didn't name the classes, a bunch of EU authors did. In the films have you ever heard the term Class applied to any star destroyer? No. they're just called Imperial (meaning affliation) Stardestroyer.

Vympel
No they don't. I've seen many pics of the Victory-class, they're nothing alike.

And just to confirm, the -class designation of these ones will be Venator-class, like the Republic assault ships from Episode II were called Acclamator-class by the EU. They're not called "cruiser" in Episode II, at least, not by the databank, which always seems to use the informal film names for film ships, even though they have a more technical designation.

That isn't strictly true- in ANH, the model for the Star Destroyer was actually really small (smaller than the Blockade Runner, surprisingly), so when Episode V came around, they made a *much* bigger one (about 250cm long)- but they didn't stop using the ANH model. They just changed it's antenna on the tower so it looked like the bigger model. You can spot which model it is by looking at the engines- the big one has 'rings' on it's engines, while the small one has three square protrusions. But both are used in Episove IV and V (and probably VI too, but I'm not sure).

So that's why they made up the Imperial I and II designations, though the way the films use them, they're obviously meant to be the same ship- you can see that in Episode V, when the ion cannon fires- you see the Star Destroyer closing in, and since you can see it's engines, its obvious its the original ANH model- then they hit it with the ion cannon, the transport and X-Wings go past ... and it's the bigger model all of a sudden, with different engines smile

As for Lucas never referring to class, that's not strictly true- the Imperial officer who tells Vader a ship is approaching says "X-Wing-class".

Though for the record I think "Imperial-class" is damn stupid.

Red Superfly
Just wonderring - why are they called Star Destroyers? Can they actually destroy stars?

If so, then why the hell did they bother building the Death Star?

mephistodesigns
Vympel--sorry, but you are so totally wrong. Post the Victory Class pic from the Guide to Vehicles, and see how many people agree with you. The Imperial class in the guide has a bunch of huge antnae coming off the top of the command head piece. I don't see ANY antenae on the Stardestroyers in the films. The victory looks exactly like the ones in the films. Post the pic, and a pic from the movie, and you will be so owned its not even funny. I've been at this a long time, you're out of your league.

ctsketch
victory class has huge Fins on the sides and a protruding bridge, it looks nothing like the ones in the film,m its also about 700 meters shorter

mephistodesigns
what the hell are you talking about? Again, go get the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels from Del Rey, go to the page about the Victory Class Stardestroyer. There are no fins. Where the hell do you people get yer info? Somebody, please post the pic from the Guide I'm talking about. It'll end this pointless and ill-informed debate.

Sith Master X
lol...and we're arguing about some fins? stick out tongue

jedijunky1138
Welcome to the DARK SIDE people!!!!!!!!

mephistodesigns
Yeah its a dumb arguement. But at least if you're gonna have a dumb arguement, be right!! big grin
But yeah, this thread is moving into deep EU territory. In the OT, they all look the same. In the PT, we haven't heard them be called anything so its a pretty dumb arguement to have I guess...

jedijunky1138
HOLY COW That was the best one yet!!!!!!!

ctsketch
These fins, man, notice the wing like protrusions

http://www.kolumbus.fi/antti.lusila/starwars/pics/vsd12.jpg

http://home.wlu.edu/~overholtzerc/swguides/images/vsdschm.jpg

nothing in OT has ever looked that way

Clai Keboa
ctsketch - at last someone who has shown the "FINS"

Meph - chill out - Victory class was not in the OT

Vympel
What exactly do you think that thing in between the globes is on every ISD in the films? An antenna. Specifically, a tractor beam targeting array.

Also- I didn't say anything about Victory's and Imperial's in that context either. I'm saying that the ships we've seen in Episode III bear *no resemblance at all* to the Victory-class. I certainly didn't mention anything about antennae in the context of Victory-class ships. Read what I said properly.

*You* were the one who thinks the Venator-class ships in Episode III are Victory's, and that's quite wrong:

That's what you said, isn't it? There is no ship in any of the six films (from what we've seen of ROTS so far) that looks like the Victory. None. At all. You're wrong, as the pictures posted show. Victory's have also been seen in other publications, confirming this.

Obviously false, since you haven't even noticed that the ISD in ANH has a different array in between it's globes than the larger model made for TESB, and that they changed the antenna on the smaller model when TESB came round to make them look alike. Looks like you're the one out of your league, hmm? smile

A New Hope Star Destroyer tower- note the different antenna array in between the globes:

Link

TESB Star Destroyer tower- note the new antenna

Link

mephistodesigns
Those aren't the antenna I'm talking about! CT Sketch posted pics, those are the IMPERIAL CLASS STARDESTROYER IN THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO VEHICLES AND VESSELS. Thats the one I'm talking about that wasn't in the movie! Do you see the large pole sticking out of the top? The guide calls it a communication tower, that is the huge antenna I was talking about! That's the one that was never in the movies. The Victory class in the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels IS THE ONE IN THE FILMS. Jesus Christ. You guys are really off on this, you have no idea. Post the pic from the Guide of the one called Victory class and see what people say. Post it, please. It will end this.

But thank you Sketch for posting pics of the IMPERIAL CLASS Stardestroyer for me. That's the one that IS NOT in the films. That's not victory, its imperial. You need the rest of the page where the title of the ship is. That's only part of the page.

And Vympel, poor little Vympel, those aren't the antenna. The antenna is the large pole in the pics of the Imperial Class Stardestroyer that Sketch posted. You posted two models of what the EU calls Victory class with two very slightly different "array's" on them. The "array" in the middle isn't an antenna. You know that metal pole sticking out of most cars? That's called an antenna. So I guess you are still out of your league as you are still totally and uterrly wrong. Hmmm. Too bad. All we need to settle this is for someone to please explain to me how to post pics on here without having to go to another sight to do it. Perhaps I can email them to people? I have the Guide and a scanner, I'll send you a pic of an Imperial, and one of the Victory, with the title clearly on the top of the page. That's why I know you're wrong. I have the guide right here. The Imperial clearly wasn't in the film, and the Victory looks just like the ones in the films. And that's from Lucas film so whatever old grainy pics you want to post, go right ahead, it's just making you look more and more foolish.

mephistodesigns
http://stufs.wlu.edu/~overholtzerc/swguides/images/isdschm.jpg

there, that's a link to the detail page of the victory class. Looks like the one in the movie right? That's cuz its based on models used in the films.

mephistodesigns
*You* were the one who thinks the Venator-class ships in Episode III are Victory's, and that's quite wrong:

No I don't! I said in the films, OT. Obviously the ones in the prequels don't look like victory class. Victory is an OT ship. Please pay attention before jumping to conclusions about what I've said.

That's what you said, isn't it? There is no ship in any of the six films (from what we've seen of ROTS so far) that looks like the Victory. None. At all. You're wrong, as the pictures posted show. Victory's have also been seen in other publications, confirming this.

The pictures posted by you are victory, the pics posted by Sketch are of the Imperial class according to the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. That pic he posted of the detailed skematic are on page 81. And he's right, that one does have protrusions on the side. That's why its not the one in the films. And the "array" is very different because it has huge antenna. Maybe you should check your "publications". They obviously arent' the vehicle guides put out by Lucasbooks.

ctsketch
dude thats not a VSD, thats an ISD pick, you can even tell by the name of the damn file, I posted a VSDshematic pic already

this my friend, is a VSD

http://home.wlu.edu/~overholtzerc/swguides/images/vsdschm.jpg

learn the difference

LUCASCHINBEARD
u people need to get out more

Vympel
No, that's a Victory. I can't believe you're even arguing this, especially since CT has now posted a pic of an ISD in the same book.

That's because it's a Victory class, not an Imperial. Der.

Indeed, it has, you are so wrong it's embarassing. What kind of SW geek are you, when you can't even tell the difference between a 700m long Victory and a 1600m long Imperial?

LOL. This is ridiculous.

That's the tractor beam targeting array of the ships in the films. They're antenna.

No, the Victory-class. Learn the difference for god's sake.

This continued inability to tell the difference between a Kuat Drive Yards Imperial Star Destroyer and a Rendili Victory Star Destroyer is hilarious.

ROFLMAO. Guess what the dish component of a radar (any radar: fighter, ship, ground based) is called? The antenna. Genius. Don't know much, huh?

Yeah, whatever, illiterate-man. Learn how to read "Imperial" and "Victroy" apart, what version of the Guide do you have, Portugese or something?

Vympel
This is truly amazing. He posts a pic of an Imperial, calls it a Victory, even though the file itself is CALLED ISDSCHM. What do you think ISD stands for, smart guy?

jedijunky1138
The first link here shows the VCSD. That is clearly the oposite to the SD in EPIII. The wing like protrusions are where the large gaping holes are in the EPIII SD. So the SDs in EPIII will not be VCSDs

jedijunky1138
BTW ctsketch, where did you get that first pic? It is awsome. That is the first time I have seen a model of the VCSD. Everything else has been drawings.

mephistodesigns
Look, I know your pic SAYS victory, I saw the same pic on google. But in the book, under Imperial Class Stardestroyer, is the image you've posted. And under Victory class, is the pic I posted. You have to find a pic with the WHOLE PAGE so you can see the title. The pic I pulled was off google too, and its labeled wrong. I'm looking at the book right now, I can see what pages go to what pic. Give me your email or something and I'll send you a scan of the entire page. If I PM you, can I send pics attached somehow? I'm going by the book, which is in my hand, I'm looking at it right now. If I didn't have the book in front of me, I wouldn't even be in this debate. Give me a method of sending or posting the WHOLE PAGE with titles, and I'll send/post them, I promise.

mephistodesigns
If you're such dedicated star wars geeks, why don't you have the book yourselves? Let me know how to post the whole page, and I'll end this pointless sad little arguement.

mephistodesigns
I think I've found why we're getting these so mixed up. Are you guys using the Imperial Sourcebook for the Star Wars RPG? Because that one has the opposite images to names than the Essential Guide from Del Rey. This may be the cause of confusion?

This is the book I'm getting my info from:
http://www.fiona.co.jp/GENERAL_BOOKS/images/INTEREST_BOOKS/STAR_WARS_ESSENTIAL_VEHICLES.jpg

Vympel
I doubt the Essential Guide would make such an error, but even if it *did*, I assure you, it's an error. I defy you to do a google search and find a single example of *any* source that calls the Star Destroyers in the OT "Victory" class. It's really simple. The one in ANH is Imperial-class, the one in TESB and ROTJ is Imperial II-class, with the ANH model used sometimes too.

Furthermore, the Essential Guide is *not* the only SW ship source out there- if you buy the Original Trilogy Incredible Cross Sections (which *only* deals with craft and vehicles in the films, and the best source out there in terms of detail), you'll see that the ships in the film are Imperial-class, not Victory-class. period. The whole reason they came up with the Imperial class name was because the ships in the film are called "Imperial Star Destroyers". The Victory-class is an EU creation created from unused ANH concept art, ok?

Heck, check the starwars.com databank under Imperial Star Destroyer. See what class it says it is.

mephistodesigns
The version of the guide I have is from 1996. The ISBN is 034539299X. On page 188 of that book, the title on the top of the page says Victory Class Star Destroyer. Then there is the more detailed name, Rendili Stardrive Victory Class Star Destroyer. The pic by Doug Chiang looks like the ones in the films. No fins. no car like antenna (since I've now learned they don't all have to look like poles, as Vympel pointed out). Page 189, is the skematic link I posted earlier.
On page 80 of the same book is the Kuat Drive Yards Imperial Star Destroyer, 1,600 meters long. The pic by Doug Chiang (this is his pre prequel work I guess) has the large pole antenna coming out of the top. It also sports the so called fins. Page 81 shows the skematics Sketch posted with the pic of the model.

Now, if this book is wrong, cool. I have done the google search, and all the pics were the way you said. Imperial looking like the films, Victory with the fins. But there were several other films shots thrown into both class searches. Another site, which got its info from the Imperial Roleplaying source book, also had the names and pics the way you say they should be. My only question now is, if you're right, then wtf did they do when they made this book? Does anyone have the updated guide to vehicles and vessels, perhaps they've corrected this? I know they released an expanded version around the time AOTC was released... it just doesn't make sense them making a mistake this big, although...they did overlook that oversaturated lightsaber in anh which now has a green tint. And this was from 1996 so maybe its just back when no one a Lucasfilm really kept track of this stuff....

Clai Keboa
So are we all now agreed that the "Victory" class has never been seen in the films?

The only ones shown were "Imperial" class - due to the fact they belong to the "Imperial Empire"

I would guess the "victory" class was named this due to the fact of victory over the sepritists??
It's a shame that the SD's are not called the above in Ep3 - it would link the SD evolution (according to EU & i know this isnt canon). But still it would have been a nice touch.

ctsketch
I have the book , infact my victory star destroyer page looks nothing like the one you've been posted which is also clearly labeled ISD

ctsketch
http://frankg.dgne.com/swsv/rsd/victory.jpg

Vympel
To be honest I think "Imperial-class" sounds stupid. It's like calling an American destroyer an "American-class" destroyer. Victory is cool sounding though, it probably doesn't mean anything.

ctsketch
The I in ISD is Imperator-Class Star Destroyer

Vympel
That's the name I prefer too, of course, but unfortunately Imperial is the one practically all the sources say. Imperator fits in perfectly with all these:

Mandator-class (AOTC ICS)
Procurator-class (AOTC ICS)
Praetor-class (OT: ITW)
Venator-class (ROTS)
Acclamator-class (AOTC)
Executor-class (TESB, ROTJ)

mephistodesigns
Sketch-- do you have the newer one? the one that IS NOT orange? Cuz mines from 1996. I'm wondering if they fixed it in the new one. Cuz in the orange one from '96, the pic you guys said was Victory is under Imperial. And the pic you say is Imperial is under Victory.

is this the one you have:
http://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2003/mar/essentialnew_sm.jpg

that's the newer one...is that the one you have?

ctsketch
I have the Orange one, yours must just have a typo.....

mephistodesigns
that would be a pretty big typo, my pics are flat out reversed. the publication info says first edition march 1996. And in mine victory looks like films, imperial with the large pole antenna and "fins". That is so f-ing wierd. why wuld mine have it like that and not yours?

jedijunky1138
BBBBBIIIIIGGGGG TYPO

mephistodesigns
Yeah, exactly. I find it a little weird that mine has the problem and not yours ct. That is a "bbbbbiiiiiggggg typo".

NOCTERNUS
hi all i just seen this thread and its a bit late i know but in answer to the victory/isd debate in some copies of the essential giude to vehicles and vessels (orange cover not the new guide) they got the pics mixed up the isd text was shown with a pic of the victory and the victory text with a pic of the isd hope that helps but the one with the fins and bridge protusions is deff a victory class and never appeard in any of the movies

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
Sketch-- do you have the newer one? the one that IS NOT orange? Cuz mines from 1996. I'm wondering if they fixed it in the new one. Cuz in the orange one from '96, the pic you guys said was Victory is under Imperial. And the pic you say is Imperial is under Victory.

is this the one you have:
http://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2003/mar/essentialnew_sm.jpg

that's the newer one...is that the one you have? dude where can i get that book

Tangible God
Don't bring back the dead.

rubinator
i beleive when anakin is goona kill dooku you see a star destroyer in the background

Tangible God
Hey, yeah, the Clone Ships look an awful lot Star Destroyers don't they?(sarcasm, sarcasm)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.