Pro Evolution Soccer Series Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pr1983
Arguably the greatest football series of all time, Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is out in europe in less than a month. I'd like to hear what you guys are hopin for in the new version and if anyones played the jap version tell us what u think.

dean7879
ive played the jap version and the european version...both great...
pes are the only games i play..the disk is constantly in my ps2

pr1983
cool, u played pro evo 4?

Red Superfly
I've seen the footage of Pro 4 - looks very nice - they've actually got the official Premiership sides/names. And they call it the Premiership too, which is a relief.

I still play Pro Evo 3 to this day. Pro Evo 4's gonna be great.

pr1983
Whered u hear that?

Me too

dean7879
it will take some time to get used to pro 4...there will be times where u get pissed off but once u get used to it then let the good times roll!....my mates got it and i play it with him....(pro 4 got leaked on the internet and he downloaded it..aswell as we8)
we started playin a master league with man city(just felt like being an average team) on we8...6 star difficulty....we won the prem in the third season...on our fouth season now...our team is too good..our strikers are adu and rooney!

aint really played pro 4 that much..it is a lot faster than the jap version.
the english league have not got the kit licences but if u download a patch off the net and transfer it to ya memory card(using xport)then u can get all that done anyway

15th october.....10 days..cant wait!!!!!!!

ive got a couple of pro 3 goals saved on www.showusmiracle.com
look for the two goals with deano next to em

pr1983
thx for the info, 10 days seems like an eternity sometimes.

great cafu goal btw

dean7879
cheers...i have scored more but if i want to put a goal on the net i have to get my mate to do it...
whats the best goal u have eva scored on pro 3?

pr1983
0h, i suppose the best was harry kewell, ball was headed out and hes a few yards outside the box, he chests it up into the air and then hits it left footed on the volley into the far top corner.

Almost scored: Ball was headed out and custom player i made (myself hehe but with normal stats, only 90+ was curling, which is true) in his stride hit it on the volley, it smashed off the far post.

i tend to score lots of free kicks, all angles, only type i havent is 40 yarder with roberto carlos, hitting the post was the closest i got.

look at the deatil on this pic

Red Superfly
I managed to score from a half-way line free kick with Figo. Straight in the back of the net, Beckham style.

pr1983
cool

dean7879
i like winning eleven 8 more than pro 4
pro 4 is to fast and the keepers are crap..they dont dive that much
nothing major wrong with pro 4..some might like it fast..i dont
its still a class game but i would prefer we8
i'll have to stick with pro 4 though cos my ps2 aint chipped unfortunetly
but i might get it chipped just to get we8
pro 4 is still class though so dont worry!

pr1983
u had me scared for a minute there

pr1983
so pro evo is out on friday, can't wait, anyone else buying it?

y_monkee
OMG ... i got my PS2 chipped just so i could play WE 8 but i didn't like it much (despite patching mine to English version) so i still play PES3 .... WE8 had too bugs and glitches for my liking but its still a top notch game

PES4 is gonna rock rock ... i got mine pre-ordered and ready for pickup i think this friday

dean7879
the only annoying thing about we8 is the slowdown which happens in the penalty area..and the players can be quite slow to react t situations...but im used to it...pro 4 is too fast for my liking..but i will still get it on friday though big grin

dean7879
the keepers on this game dire

Red Superfly
Actually, the keepers are just fine, and more realistic. Why should they dive for a shot they can't even see?

It's also down to bad defending on your part/opponents part.

I'm having a fun time playing this on five star difficulty - Pro Evo 3 looks unfinished in comparison.

dean7879
keep playin.. and u will realise that 80 percent of the shots should be saved when the keeper fails to dive....every shot i have..and the keeper dont dive...trust me, they should of
how can a keeper be 100% sure that the shot is going in or going wide...they just stand there and look like fools

Red Superfly
I know man, it happened in my first match, and it never happened again.

Why? Because I got better at the game, and upped my defensive game.

The fact that they are even SHOOTING on target means there is something wrong in your strategy.

Never give them a chance, that what I do, and it works. Goalies are the last line of defense, you deserve everything you get if you play sloppy defense.

deadly_force
Almost scored: Ball was headed out and custom player i made (myself hehe but with normal stats, only 90+ was curling, which is true) in his stride hit it on the volley, it smashed off the far post.

i scored a goal like that crossed in from a corner and the defence headed it away and beckham slammed it right in the top corner with a full volley i was like jumping around the room lol it was so cool

y_monkee
i got it on Monday ... and its pretty good .

but i dun think its hard enuf, the tournaments are ok but in Master League, Scoring is just not that tough.... maybe its cos i'm using the real team and not the default losers

dean7879
i never give them a chance..........it never happens against me....it only happens when i shoot at the oppositions goal....i play on 6 stars......i hardly let and goals in..what i was sayin is that it gets annoying when u think u have scored a cracking goal..only to find that the keeper should have saved it..or at least dived for it..it kinda spoils the moment

Red Superfly
Hmm, I suppose.

I haven't unlocked six star mode yet - what's it like?

Five star mode is a bit too easy, I hope six stars makes it really tough.

pr1983
got it last friday, yes it anoying when i hit a shot that scrapes past the post and the keeper just stands there watching it, and the variety of jersey designs is ridiculously bad, other than that its great, i love it, still havent scored a free kick though, only hit the post.

btw can any1 do ronaldinho's move in the game? if u can please tell me how.

dean7879
no one knows how to do the ronaldinho move.....
ive checked everywhere and no one knows how to do it...
6 star is pretty much the same as 5 star...i cant really tell much difference

pr1983
i heard today it aint in the game (ronaldinhos move). i havent gotten to 5 star yet, still on 3, am still getting used to controlling the ball, its so different to pes3

dean7879
its best to start on the highest level all the time....thats how u learn better

pr1983
i know, but it takes some gettin used to

Red Superfly
For a newb, its best to jump in at say, 3 stars.

But for PES regulars, I'd definitely dive in at the deep end with five stars, you'll pick it up don't worry.

dean7879
i wanna get x box live..so i can play online with pro 4...

pr1983
im not a newb, ive been playin since iss pro 98 stick out tongue

is just the trapping im gettin used to, thats it.

dean7879
iss pro 98?! u should be used to it by now big grin
it takes time to get used to every new pes game..but i find it is best to delve straight into 5 or 6 stars.....u learn quicker.....going on 3 stars then moving up a level will cause u to change ure gameplay style cos there are certain things u cant do on 4 or 5 star that u could do on three...be brave and go straight on to 5 star..or 6 if u have unlocked it

pr1983
not yet, am currently snappin up everything there is, ill get to it evbentually

dean7879
if someone can tell me how to the ronaldinho skill(if it exists) id appreciate it

pr1983
ive heard u cant do it at all, it didnt make it to the final version apparently, which is unfortunate

dean7879
damn..oh well

pr1983
i know, but you can do that c.ronaldo cross thing, but only as a shot

dean7879
recoba is the only person i can do that with

pr1983
ive only seen videos, i havent even tried it yet

dean7879
where are these videos

pr1983
shit... i dont remember unfortunately... and i never saved it to my favourites. have u tried

www.pesinsight.com

and pesfan?

dean7879
they said the ronaldinho video is a fake sad

pr1983
i didnt see it, what site was it on?

dean7879
www.pesinsight.com

i forgot what forum

i think it is in the hints and tips section

dean7879
comon then pro fans.....how u enjoying the game so far??

pr1983
havent played in a while unfortunately... i got the crests and shirts from pesfan but my printer aint workin...

only time i play is when my bro brings all his 'i play on five star so im great' friends, and i beat them... badly.

dean7879
lol..

dean7879
i scored a cracker of a goal with flamini in the master league...his stats are crap but i scored from 40 yards!
i need to get an xport so i can transfer goals onto pc

pr1983
Originally posted by dean7879
i scored a cracker of a goal with flamini in the master league...his stats are crap but i scored from 40 yards!
i need to get an xport so i can transfer goals onto pc

lol... ok...

First Screens of Pro Evo 5...

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110963.jpg

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110965.jpg

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110967.jpg

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110969.jpg

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110979.jpg

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/media/uk/000110975.jpg

Red Superfly
Oooh, Pro Evo 5.

Can't wait, I love Pro Evo, easily the best footy game ever made.

Will they have Premiership deals this time? I know they had a few official leagues like the Italian league in the last one, so here's hoping the Premiership licence is secured for 5.

pr1983
i dunno if they will... they could do with the french and german ones too...

but they are promising a much improved editing system after the farce that was the last one...

Red Superfly
I don't mreally mind about that. I just want them to sort out a few of the random glitches.

I'm talking about the AI in the penalty box. Even on five/six stars they foul me in the box and give me easy penalties. I want a challenge dammit.

pr1983
lol... and the keepers just standing there as shots fly in...

Darth_Otaku
I like it put a former goalie i must say the Keepers movements are really crappy.Especially moves like on the picture.
I know it's from PES5,up above there,but that moves is in every PS2 PES game,and it's really pissing me of!!!

Red Superfly
Originally posted by pr1983
lol... and the keepers just standing there as shots fly in...

Oh yeah, that too. Man that's so frustrating.

Like when someone shoots and the goalie is just stood there, and just WATCHES the ball hit the post or something. It's uneccessary stress.

darth_royke
deano, whats an xport? is this a way of transferring ps2 replays onto pc?

about the new one, i still dont think konami is using the consoles power to its max. better graphics are acheivable, and the commentary is awful on the previous versions. "both teams are fighting relegation" i would constantly hear while having a 10 point lead at the top of the table. i hope this is sorted out.

what do you think they'll add to the gameplay? i mean its pretty good now, best footy game obviously, but it would be very cheap if they added nothing.

pr1983
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Oh yeah, that too. Man that's so frustrating.

Like when someone shoots and the goalie is just stood there, and just WATCHES the ball hit the post or something. It's uneccessary stress.

yeah, cheapened it no end...

a new screen... would this mean premiership teams are licensed?

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/752/752960/img_2902589.html

MrBones
to my surprise, this series is even better than EA's FIFA series...

Red Superfly
Fifa is turd.

The last half-decent FIFA game was Fifa 99. Everything after that has been utter crap.

-Pr-
Massive bump, but...

PES 2012 came out in North America today. Had a chance to play it, and I have to say I'm very impressed. I was afraid from the demos that the game wouldn't stack up to last year's, but it's actually improved upon it.

The gameplay is more fluid, passing is quicker and more responsive, tricks can be effective but aren't an "I WIN" button. Penalties are better than last year. It seems every bit of the game has been tweaked and improved, and the sheer number of mods just from browsing is insane.

Anyone else planning to get it?

Deano
16 years on i still play winning eleven 10 on the ps2. It is the best football game of all time

I have never liked any of the football games after the ps2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.