Goldeneye vs Halo which is better and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daedalus
Some of you will read this and say "Halo of course" but flashy graphics aren't everything, in my oppinion Goldeneye beats Halo (overall). Goldeneye had better gameplay and it was alot more difficult than Halo.

Another aspect is multiplayer, on both games they come pretty close, but again I'll have to say that the multiplayer on GE was better, Halo's is pretty damn good (better on PC) but GE had some pretty cool game modes and loads of characters from the films (including all the grunts in the game) instead of Halo's multi-colored Master Chief, GE was alot more fast paced and was tons more fun but Halo is still a fun blast.

What do you reckon?

Linkalicious
I reckon Halo only because of it's better graphics and because of the vehicles, jumping ability, and melee attacks. I feel that Goldeneye is the reason why we have good FPC games because it was the one that started it all, but it just fails to be on the same level as Halo.

eleveninches
Goldeneye was better when it was released
Halo was the best when it was released
I prefer halo, even though i own a copy of goldeneye, but not halo

DracotheDragon
Goldeneye beats Halo by a golden gun bullet! stick out tongue Anyway, goldeneye is the best N64 game ever, it even beats Halo by a landslide. Flashy graphics aren't everything, I prefer gameplay over graphics.

VengeanceGOD
Goldeneye's gameplay and storyline are much better than Halo's, as are it's weapon choices and multiplayer modes. Halo is really just a mediocre shooter shoved inside cool graphics.

Myth
I like running around in narrow halls like in real life where as Halo is a bunch of open areas. I think the level design just made Goldeneye better.

IBTonks
Goldeneye is by far the best of all the james bond games which i'm sure u'll all agree, but i dunno, i think halo just wins it for me...they're both great games, but halo just kicks ass.....or at least i kick ass on halo!!! big grin

SaTsuJiN
I love goldeneye because theres so many memories. The friends I had then and the good times we used to spend playing it for over 100+ kills, so I love it for the nostalgia and for the time period when I played it. Then you have those key moments of the battle, like when I shot the rocket that was coming out of my friends rocket launcher, and it blew up and kill him.

Halo on the other hand is very sleek and cool and Ive only had a few cool gaming moments with that, though playing it over www.xbconnect.com is great if you have alot of good friends to have a match with.

it all depends how each game has an impact on you...things that you remember from playing it will definately increase the games likeability.

for this one... Goldeneye, baby~ wink

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/197462/goldneye_screen011.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/197462/goldneye_screen017.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/197462/goldneye_screen014.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/2/197462/goldneye_screen015.jpg

Myth
Another thing neat about Goldeneye is that many levels are directly from the movie.

HockeyHorror
i dont think you can compare these two games...

Sigillum_Diaboli
Goldeneye .. no contest my vote goes to Goldeneye .. halo get sboring wayy too fast ..

forumcrew
relative to there time goldeneye..

by the way they are making goldeneye 2... so halo 2 vs goldeneye 2 wll be the real question cause they will be on = level system wise

Myth
A Goldeneye 2? Or just a new James Bond game?

SaTsuJiN
Goldeneye 2 wont be the same (in terms of feel) so it will be an irrelevant comparison

Sigillum_Diaboli
yeah .. nothing can compare to GE .. sad

el_barto
i loved golden eye BUT i think halo is better its just fun to do co-op in

Daedalus
I concur.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.