Elektra vs. Bullseye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wrathofachilles
I just watched Daredevil today *not as bad as some claim* and I recall the Elektra vs. Bullseye storyline years ago. Then I remember Elektra came back; so did she ever fight Bullseye again and if so what happened?

Paola
yes she did.
and I just remember reading somewhere she beat the hell out of him..... but I might be wrong.

wrathofachilles
Hmm, I want to see that issue. And of course it causes one to wonder why that didn't happen in the first place. That was always one story that didn't sit well with me, Elektra should have spanked Bullseye...

....mmm...speaking of...wink lol

Paola
yeah me too.... maybe they needed an excuse on turning her to the dark side.

laughing out loud

wrathofachilles
There's always an excuse to turn to the dark side wink

Mane
Elektra is a nice piece of booty.

i think shed win against the old Bullseye, but i think the new Bullseye would win. him having the adamantium skeleton and all...

chilled monkey
Elektra doesn't 'turn to the dark side'. She's good.

I agree completly that the first fight with Bullseye made no sense. Still, I'll look forwards to her beating him in the re-match.

wrathofachilles
But she's been reborn for years, if they haven't had a rematch yet, what the hell are they waiting for? Even if they have, they should have Elektra stalk Bullseye consistently. I know if somebody killed me I'd be after their ass tout de suite!

Paola
Elektra was turned evil by the "Hand"

Elektra_lover
yup yup yup big grin

Never
Is that an entirely accurate statement?

Elektra_lover
Yup

Never
Not really, considering she lost faith and hope after witnessing the death of her father while at college.

The Hand only trained her.

She's not "evil."

wrathofachilles
Well Elektra herself said it, so I think she would know what she is! Jeez...

Mane
never argue with Never!

wrathofachilles
Well now I'm going to have to always argue with Never. Ha!

Paola
didn't they feed the anger in her? blink

and.... I've heard excellent things about you, welcome back!

Mane
oh Paola...you are so cool.

Asian Hulk
Elektra is too sexy!!!!I have a crush on her

Paola
thank you Mane

Never
Hmm, is that your interpretation? Which story arc are you referencing? I follow Frank Miller/Bill Sienkiewicz's "Elektra: Assassin, The Hidden Years."

Ooh, example. Is Annakin Skywalker evil? Do you think that his encounter with (I forget their names) those creatures when they nigh killed his mother is responsible for his shift?

Similar to Elektra - that's when she lost faith and hope. I can agree that they fueled the anger, yes; but it was already there to tap into, right?

Did you get a chance to read Elektra vs. Wolverine? Did you think that the portrayal therein was consistent with popular portrayals of the Elektra character?

And...heard things about me? LoL, lord knows I can imagine what sad
Thank you for the "welcome."

Paola
it wasn't my interpretation, I was asking... "?"

Never
LoL, in which story arc? I have not touched any of the Elektra relaunches as I think they were...bleh. I only have Elektra vs. Wolverine, Elektra: Assassin, and all of her appearances in the Frank Miller run of Daredevil.

And oops, the Daredevil/Elektra hardcover with the gorgeous Sienkiewicz artwork.

I also agreed that, in my opinion, one can say that they "fed the anger in her." I was also pointing out that (and I'll have to recheck, I could have the events backward) it existed previously -- in Elektra: Assassin, for example, Stick/Stone/Shaft/Star cast her out because her spirit was already sullied. I **think** that she went to learn of their ways prior to her training with The Hand.

As far as her being evil, I think she's neither good nor evil. If she has a job to do, she does it with little compunction, regardless of the nature of the job.

zonerider
smile

Jimmy-Chan
They've fought twice since her rebirth.

The first time was early in Elektra's 90's series. Bullseye had studied her moves, and pretty much owned her throughout the fight. He had her at his mercy several times, but stopped to talk. Eventually, she turned off her mind and started fighting on instinct. He was freaked out that he couldn't predict her, and she quickly defeated him with a few kicks, scoring the KO.

Next time was recently in the last arc to Bendis' Daredevil. Bullseye got the better of Elektra and was about to kill her once or twice before Daredevil stopped him. At one point he held his own with Daredevil and Elektra combined, through they eventually defeated him.

Based on past showings, I'd say Bullseye wins 7/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
They've fought twice since her rebirth.

The first time was early in Elektra's 90's series. Bullseye had studied her moves, and pretty much owned her throughout the fight. He had her at his mercy several times, but stopped to talk. Eventually, she turned off her mind and started fighting on instinct. He was freaked out that he couldn't predict her, and she quickly defeated him with a few kicks, scoring the KO.

Next time was recently in the last arc to Bendis' Daredevil. Bullseye got the better of Elektra and was about to kill her once or twice before Daredevil stopped him. At one point he held his own with Daredevil and Elektra combined, through they eventually defeated him.

Based on past showings, I'd say Bullseye wins 7/10.

Sounds pretty accurate, in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.