Round 1 Part 3: Attack Of The Athelete's!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mookermadness
Here are some of the most skilled comic book characters in comic history. Who will win? Please reply.

ScarletSpider
BATROC! ze leapaaair!!

Linkalicious
Snake Eyes! G.I. Joe is the best...EVER!

wrathofachilles
Punisher doesn't even belong there. Take away his guns and I can beat his ass. It's tough to call because Wolverine's claws and experience give him the edge over the rest, but Captain America is the best athlete among them.

ScarletSpider
While not in Cap or Wolverine league, Punisher is actually quite an effective fighter sans weaponry, and a master at improvisation and using his surroundings.

Tron
You forgot Deathstroke Mooker

Tron
And Batman of course

wrathofachilles
Punisher's a decent fighter, but in no way would he be what he is without his guns. The rest of the characters on the list don't need weapons to be effective warriors. Well except Bullseye I guess. But at least he uses hand-to-hand weapons rather than guns. Anyone can shoot a gun.

Tron
Bullseye doesn't need many weapons either. He could grab a butterfly out of the air and kill you with it's wings, lol.

Mane
he forgot T'Challa. but even if he was there id still pick Cap.

Krissy Von Doom
I think all the people on that list are Olympic level athletes. Wolverine has the advantage of being slightly stronger and faster than regular humans.

Tron
I forgot about Black Panther too.

And isn't Blade more on a superhuman level? I could be wrong.

wrathofachilles
Captain America is much stronger than Wolverine, Steve got the soldier serum which made him capable of lifting like 2 tons.

I know Bullseye can make anything into a weapon, but how do you die from butterfly's wings, lol?

Tron
Cap can only lift 800 pounds. The serum brings him to the peak of human perfection, it doesn't make him superhuman.

And the butterfly wing thing was a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me.laughing out loud

Mookermadness
I said I'm using a few. Besides, I barely know anything about him. Also, Batman is already in a poll. I'm doing only one for each.

Mookermadness
And Black Panther's coming up in a different poll.

Wynndar
1. Back Panther
2. Captain America
3. Batman
4. Wolverine
5. open to anyone

ScarletSpider
Taskmaster! Anything the others can do, he can do as well, and combine them.

Wynndar
erm, he cant do it as well

Never
I agree (well I would put Daredevil and Nightwing above Wolverine)...and Wolverine is vastly overrated as a h2h combatant. Daredevil, Captain America, Black Panther all would stomp his candy ass.

Deathstroke...hmm. This is the DC comic character who uses "90% of his brain's capacity," enabling him to accomplish feats that no "ordinary" human is capable of. He has already beaten Batman twice in h2h, and pretty much stomped Nightwing.

Here is a short list of his abilities:

Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself although each regeneration has a temporary negative effect on his sanity. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. Slade also has years of combat training. He is a master of hand to hand combat and is skilled in use of all kinds of weaponry.

But Black Panther is really on another level. They would probably tie.

Wynndar
erm yea..i might have to place daredevil above wolvie, cuz if im not mistaken didnt daredevil take out sabertooth with one hit?

Never
In this issue?

http://daredevil.dreamhost.com/covers/dd/dd238s.jpg

No, not in one hit...in the first half of the fight, he was trying to protect a civilian, so was not able to focus totally on Sabertooth. Once he cleared the civilian out of the way, he literally beat the HELL out of Sabertooth until Sabertooth ran and disappeared down a manhole. It was so one-sided it was not funny...Sabertooth could not land another hit.

Daredevil dropped Wolverine with a cross chop to the throat once, IIRC.

Wynndar
yea i am not just basing this on who is the best fighter...no one mentioned Shang Chi either and he deserves mention...i dont think slade would be up there though...I think he performs in a fight the same way Karnac would...the only reason Wolvie makes the list is cuz of the claws, the healing factor, and the super senses..Black Panther has everything wolvie has (not as good a healer but when he is on that heart shaped root his strength and regeneration increase) Panther is also the smartest one up there, and he operates the best on his own....even when he is with a team he prefers to fight as and individual. his vibranium claws and suit and resulting abilities help him too...but like Never said, he is on his own level of warriordom

Krissy Von Doom
How about Ironfist?

wrathofachilles
I figured since that was 50 years ago, he was a bit stronger since then. Guess it's just crazy to expect them to power-up one of the weakest main characters instead of making cosmic characters a bit more god-like! Still, Cap is stronger than Wolvie.

Daredevil took down Wolverine in one chop? Then why the hell does Spider-Man act all nervous around him! They need to do an issue where Spidey just beats the crap out of Logan.

wrathofachilles
That would make a good match-up, Iron Fist vs. Shang-Chi? I take Shang.

Wynndar
Shang Chi is a little better...I think i was confusing the DD vs ST with DD vs Wolvie earlier

Never
Better match-up for Shang Chi is Stick, Daredevil's mentor. Shang Chi is superior to Iron Fist in nigh every regard.

Re: Wolverine and Daredevil, IIRC:

http://users.ev1.net/~whitskee/Dcomics/daredevil196.jpg

Daredevil met Iron Fist here:

http://www.comiclotto.com/pca/DD178_sm.jpg

Cannot recall the exact details; going to fetch it this evening and look again...but I want to say DD got the better of that encounter also. I think DD is way underrated as a h2h combatant.

Wynn, you mean Karnak of The Inhumans? Hmm...The Midnighter from The Authority reminds me of his fighting style (Karnak, instantly determine an opponent's weak spot; The Midnigher, instantly discern 100 (1000? can't recall which) different ways to defeat an opponent).

You bring in Karnak, I bring in Moondragon? Who wins? Careful stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
I think the best is...THE CAT! Awesome character, recently brought out of total obscurity by Nicieza in Cable and Deadpool to hand Wade his ass. He has beat Iron Fist before, although a bit after that Iron Fist beat him (both encounters in Heroes for Hire a couple years back). Originally a Shang-Chi adversary in the old Master of Kung Fu title. Aye the 70's.

wrathofachilles
Ugh, I hated 'Hero for Hire.' Luke Cage is the quintessential C+ comic character.

Any chance you have a scan of the fight between Daredevil and Wolvie?

FrothByte
i think puma should be in the list

Mookermadness
I SAID I'M PUTTING HIM ON A DIFFERENT POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

crazyspinz
this fight would narow it self down to wolverine and deadpool real fast, just cuz the others cant take nearly as mutch damage, then they figh until they die of old age

Wynndar
hahaha karnak vs moondragon...Never here is what i gather from the two..Moonie has had trouble fighting people with invulnerablity...when she fought the Thing he just sorta laughed at her...eventually he put her over his knee and gave her a spanking...she got so mad for the Thing putting his hands on a "goddess" she blasted with somekinda psionic attack that knocked him off balance...If ur talkin about pure physical abilites i would say Karnak would dispatch moonie because of his superhuman strength...however, if Moondragon has access to her mental powers i think she could beat Karnak (by the way Karnak has an overdeveloped mind im not sure how easy it is for telepaths to get him)

IownKMCstill
Wrathful Dwarf, I was egged on to do this by these two members who fed me.

Originally posted by StylishSmurph
I don't think I've seen such an embarrassing troll attempt before.

You know that when you go to a forum trying to troll and aren't taken seriously by anyone, and are mocked by everyone, that you probably can't make it as a troll.

Originally posted by batdude123
Not to mention he's only doing it in one thread. An "off topic" thread. laughing

They totally disregarded your warnings implying you are a complete loser. erm I won't argue about that though!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You can do it elsewhere.

But here on KMC they're not welcome.

As Bada and I have said. Don't feed the trolls anymore.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Starting now....no more talk about the troll.

Please, continue with the discussion you people were having early. If the troll returns we'll handle him. No more discussion on that subject.

Thank you.

Feed me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.