Anakin on the Jedi Council (Merge)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF D00m
Sorry if this has been posted before. Mods delete if it has. Read the bottom left

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/heritage111-118backs.jpg

So palpatine gets Anakin on the council! And it looks like Padme does indeed die before Obie-Wan and Bail.

Here's the fronts, in case you want to see them,also:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/heritage111-118fronts.jpg

Morridini
"So palpatine gets Anakin on the council"
Do u mean that he is a part of the council? If that's what u mean then where have u learned it. It doesn't say anything like that on those cards.

The Ones
hmmmmmm strong i feel

Morridini
Ops, sorry MF D00m.
I just reread the cards and I see that I missread the cards and was a bit hasty with my previous post. Sorry, my fault.

SomeGuy57
awesome pictures MF D00m. I just keep getting more and more excited about seeing the movie. But when did Palpatine become Anakins mentor?

Morridini
He became his mentor between episode 1 and 2.

Jedi Priestess
dude couldnt you have resized them bad boys so they didnt eat the page? or attach them to the server? and to the guy that asked when did Palp becomes Anakins mentor............have you even ever watched SW? messed

Gangularis
yeah, that's great stuff

Boris
Pretty cool smile

OB1-adobe
Does the space battle just look like art work to anyone? Good pics, pretty early though. I did not think we would be seeing cards for a long while

Xam
the space battle is art work

queeq
Looks allright

NoMeN
your source?

darktim1
cool pics like all of them I wonder what padame is feeling in that one card.

Darth Jello
I've discussed this before, but I wanna show you guys something anyway. I know Lucas borrows from a lot of sources, but why does anakin have that kind of hair? well, in the old testament, Lucifer was God's most beautiful and greatest creation before he rebelled and was banished to the pit as a horrifying demon. Here is William Blake's painting of Lucifer before his fall. Note any similarities?

MF D00m
It's cool. Honest mistake.

Sigh, I knew somebody would complain about something. I just wanted to make sure everybody could read the cards.

Darth Sauron
happy
Im not complaining, thanks for sharing

cylob49
no complaints here either dude...u rule

Anakin2Vader
In my opinion thanks for making them big, I have a shitty monitor... so thanks man

guiro72
wow, these are amazing....thanks....whether linked or not, keep it big and high quality if it is important stuff, and in my opinion these are....

cheers....

OB1-adobe
All here who thinks Padme is looking sexy in that pic say "I"

Jedi Priestess
Good grief man, it wasnt a complaint it was a friendly suggestion. Sheesh touchy touchy. If you attach them when a person clicks on them they get the full size without messing up the page was my point. messed

GCG
side note:

i noticed that images get slightly downsized when attached

MF D00m
Yes I am touchy, because the last time I posted something here people acted like d*cks. So I expected the same thing to happen this time. Again, your whole point is moot. I couldn't go back and edit it. That suggestion would have been helpful a minute before I posted.

You want the main reason I didn't attach it? Like I said, people were jerks last time I attached an image. So this time I didn't want to take the chance.

MF D00m
I

jedijunky1138
Dude the pics are cool. but stop taking thing so personally. You will be so much happier if you do. And the fact is we can't read your mind to stop you from doing these thing so stop trying to use the argument "If only I would have known one minute before I posted" thing, it does'nt work.

But Hey... Thanks for the AWSOME pics I was hoping to see them with more detail.

guiro72
cool pictures, i know i'm glad i came....screw the bickering....thanks again doom....

MF D00m
Oh god, here we go. It has nothing to do with reading my mind. It has everything to do with: Why make the suggestion when it's too late to do anything about it? What's the point in that. And don't thank me, "it doesn't work".

anyway, don't even respond. I just want people to enjoy the pictures. Keep your comments to yourself unless it has something to do with the pictures. Thank you.

Everybody enjoy!

jedijunky1138
Take a complament when you get it. Sorry for hurting your little feelings. You big baby. I will respont whenever I want.

DarthVader
dude sweet pics thX DoOm ;-)

guiro72
isn't anyone just happy to see new pics anymore without all this crap about formatting?....

jedijunky1138
Sure, but why take every thing said to heart? I did thank him but some people.........

Jedi Priestess
hysterical relax......................

GCG
meeeoooowwww

Jedi Priestess
laugh it up fuzzball

OB1-adobe
Fight?.....Fight!
Kitchen?.....Kitchen!
Pork Rhine?.....Pork Rhine!

GCG
http://www.mit.edu/people/mkgray/net/fuzzball.gif

darktim1
cool fuzz ball gcg.

Gangularis
thx again mf doom.

some people.......

Darth Jello
gangularis, when I see your avatar, part of me wants to puke, but the other wants to eat a bag full of michael Jackson's bite size noses.

Jedi Priestess
LMAO GCG!!!! what IS that?

JKozzy
Obi doesn't die until ep4 stick out tongue wink

JKozzy
Yoda looks damn good in CG for Ep3 yes

And all the other pics are just awesome too big grin

vanyoda
In the photo of Obi Wan and Bail Organa who do
you think they mean when it reads they watch
medical droids fight to save the life of a comrade?
Who is the comrade, could it be anakin? I noticed
that Obi Wan's clothes look scorched.

Jedi Priestess
I think Obi-Wans clothes are scorched from the duel itself. Im pretty sure it's Palpatine that saves Anakin.

Gangularis
LOL! i know.. i wanna change it.. i don't even like it that much, but this forum won't let me put up my mcchris bobba fett avatar.

Darth Jello
MC Chris? like, Hesh and MC Pee Pants MC Chris?

Gangularis
yep yep..

check out his song called "fett's vett" about bobba fett bounty huntin to finance his corvette.

www.mcchris.com

you can download it for free.. you'll love it.

Gangularis
i think you can directly download the track with this link:

fett's vett

Gangularis
well.. i can't post the word B I T C * which is in that link... so where you see the 5 stars, fill it in with the word... you know the one i mean. the female dog one.

Darth Jello
i think it's on my dvds

MF D00m
See, stupid things like this cause arguments. I'mma drop it, I'd appreciate it if you do as well. It was so easy when you were telling me what to do, so I guess I can't do the same, right? You sir, sound like the baby with , "I will respont whenever I want." That's something a 10 year old would say. The reason why I said to drop it is because I didn't want any stupid arguments to bring down this thread. Let's all hope it doesn't.

So let's please just talk about what's on the cards.

MF D00m
I'm 99% sure it's Padme.

If the spoilers are correct, this takes place after the duel.

MF D00m
Also, did anybody else think that Yoda is looking at footage of Anakin killing the younglings? That's what came to mind. Especially when you read what's on the card.

Gangularis
yeah, and obi-wan has a scorched look sorta, doesn't he??

MF D00m
^^^He does indeed.

Mace Skywalker
anakin looks taller too me, thats cool. Obi-wan looks cool too. He'll be much wiser.

MF D00m
Thanks for all the positive comments people. Are you as excited as I am?????? I'm pretty sure you are. I didn't see it coming (Anakin on the council). Did anybody notice in the picture of Anakin and the council, there's an empty seat. Anakin's!

Darth Jello
I have a feeling that he replaces Mace after a certain event...

jedijunky1138
I think he heans "in front of"

jedijunky1138
I think the photo of Obi and Bail also refer to Padme. The card title "Concerns for the future" says it all. They are worried about the twins.........I think.

mephistodesigns
I don't think Anakin would be put on the council after the Mace thing. I was under the impression that after Mace comes the temple itself. And how does Yoda go back to the Temple after Anakin's raid? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't clones or SOMEBODY be waiting for them to return to alert Palpatine if anyone shows up? I can't believe Ani's on the council. Maybe after the opening battle? But then I'm not sure why he'd get with Palpatine later if Ani gets the recognition he thinks he deserves. Maybe cause palpatine helped him secure the position. Sounds like we may be seeing a much more mature Anakin this time around, if on the council he is placed.

guiro72
these are the same exact thoughts running through my head in regards to this, mephisto....

but yoda returning to the temple is a rumour that has been around right from the start....he returns from kashyyk and reviews the security cam footage of the raid....obi wan is also supposed to be present according to early rumours, and he is sent after anakin....then i think yoda meditates for a bit or something, and this would probably be where he searches the archives also, then he goes to confront palpatine, and is picked up by bail afterwards....

possibly they already believe all the jedi to be dead, possibly it is such a brash move that they wouldn't be expecting it right under their noses, or possibly the room most of this takes place in is a secure private room....but hopefully the sense of imminent danger will be palpable....

mephistodesigns
awwww good point!
"you're overconfidence is your weakness"
I see another recuring theme...

guiro72
just noticed this at tfn....i don't go there too often if i can help it, but someone posted a link and i noticed this in passing.....

"In a way similar to him being a Padawan and not understanding why he isn't a Knight yet, the Episode III Anakin is a Jedi Knight who doesn't get why the Council hasn't granted him the status of Master yet." -PH

keep in mind that this is potentially over six months old, but it does show that this whole council thing seems to be a very new idea, added in at the last moment....i'm still a little dubious....on another note, it kinda makes a mockery of the "last time we met i was but the learner" line in anh....heck, bubble gum cards have been known to be wrong haven't they?.....

mephistodesigns
well, he's still not as respected as Obi-wan probaby. So the ANH line still stands, he's saying I was beneath you to everyone but now look who's in charge BEEEEOTCH! I think that scene will be a little more powerful after 3, at least the dialogue. We'll probably hate the fighting even more...

guiro72
with you on all that, but there's definitely a big emphasis on the word "master" in anh, and then check the original quote from pablo i posted above....you've got to admit it's a pretty big about face on what was originally planned....

i think the scene will be more powerful either way, but it does take some of the edge off anakin's jealousy concerning rank....i'm thinking perhaps palpatine might try to help anakin join the council unsuccessfully, this would raise anakin's bitterness level while also making him even more fond of palpatine....

it's just the more i think about it the more i seem to recall bubble gum cards with information that was a bit....erm....not exactly wrong, but a bit haywire....slightly misinformed.....

jedijunky1138
Lets also keep in mind that there are increasingly fewer Jedi in the galaxy. They need bodies to fill the chairs. As with Yoda making an exception and training Luke, so to could they be making an exception allowing Anakin on the council.

guiro72
this is very true, but the reason i question it is more to do with the fact that it undermines and weakens one of the main plot points of not only the prequels, but the entire saga....and i haven't found a reason for that change being made yet....what do the films stand to gain from making anakin a master all of a sudden, that would be worth weakening a very important part of the established story to date?.....

MF D00m
How does everybody feel about Anakin most likely killing Padme? There's a lot of clues on the cards and in the movies ("it will destroy us"wink that suggest it. How will fans react? Fans who don't know about the spoilers and see it for the first time on screen. Will they hate Anakin? Will we be able to forgive him? How will kids react? What are your individual thoughts on this?

Darth Jello
what i meant was that after anakin's body guard gig with palpatine, there may be a vacancy or two on the council. this is before the temple massacre.

mephistodesigns
I agree with guiro that the council may say "no" to the request. That would make perfect sense, and could beliveably push him over. More so than just "waaah I didn't get knighthood fast enough".

jedi90
i agree with guiro on this, anakin being on the council weaken some of the OT story. i mean isn't the whole reason he went to the darkside is because he felt he was being held back by obi-wan and the council and he had palp in his corner telling him how great he is? doesn't make sense to me to put him at the top of the food chain on the jedi ladder with everything he wants (i.e. having a wife and possibly being on the council) and throw it away to be palp's *****. isn't anakin's character already special enough? he is already the CHOSEN ONE, born of the force, who brings balance. now its rumored he might be on the council?! i dunno know, just sounds like a dumb idea.

Ushgarak
Those cards seem to support the idea that Mace susses Palpatine and then dies- but also that Anakin is on the Council before that. Yoda investigating the 'loss' is likely referring to Windu.

JKozzy
Dammit, where'd they go...

Bagels
Yeah, where are they? I missed them.

DirectorFitz
the pictures aren't showing up....can someone repost them please?

jedijunky1138
What if anakin is on the council and gets no respect from the elder members? Maybe he gets all of the SH!TTY missions and noone takes him seriously. That would be enough to piss anyone off.

mephistodesigns
how do you get to a respected position if no one restpects you?

Darth Surgent
If you have "connections," anything is possible.

Richard FilmFre
What do you guys think of Palpatine helps Anakin Joining the Jedi Council?
I think this would be the perfect explanation how he can destroy the Council from the inside!

Mace Windu had always been against this decision, and maybe therfore Anakin could destroy him easier, when he has to choose between killing Palpatine of Mace.

Let's hear it! cool

(I couldn't find any other topic with this subject, so I'm sorry if I missed it)

Ushgarak
Merged; although the original pics are gone, this thread can be used for all discussion of the idea of Anakin on the Council.

Astan_Jogive
Sorry if u all already kno this, but I heard that Anakin doesn't become a member of the council til after he saves Palpatine on the seperatist control ship. Then as a reward Palaptine lets him become a member.

Astan_Jogive
After that Ani becomes Palpatines body guard as the other main charaters go on missions. As obi is fighting Grevious and losing, the entire plan comes out n the fact that palpatine is a sith. This is communicated to Mace who goes to get Sideous. Ani walks in an sees them all fightin n trys to protect Sidoeus

darktim1
I wondered with anakin on the council if that let him dify his master more now that he was palpatines body guard.

Astan_Jogive
During the battle Sideous talks Anakin into joining his side Has anyone else heard that? Ani then kills all the jedi. That would also explain why in the trailer u c Mace fighting against a red saber.

Jedi Priestess
If you go by the OS which was updated again YESTERDAY (for Ush stick out tongue) They state that OB-Wan is on the council but make no mention of Anakin. Keeping that in mind, and from my own certain point of view, Im gonna say Anakin isnt on the council.

Darth Subjekt
hey i cant see the pics, they are just those little red "x"s...can someone repost them or attatch them instead? im not not trying to be a pain or picky, its just sometimes my comp wont let pics thru and i dont know why.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.