Jedi Council Members

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
I keep hearing a lot of speculation (and some pictures) of which people the 12 seats consist of on the Jedi Council in Episode III. I need to fill in these spots...

1. Yoda
2. Mace Windu
3. Ki-Adi Mundi
4. Plo Koon
5. Agen Kolar
6. Saesee Tinn

Now, those are the only ones I know for a fact, but I have reason to believe that Shaak Ti is still on the council, and now it has been brought to my attention that quite possibly Obi-Wan and/or Anakin is on it as well. Does anybody know who fills in those blank spots up there?

CinematicESP
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Stass Allie
Even Piell
Oppo Rancisis
Kit Fisto
Pablo-Jill (I believe)

PVS
dont forget anakin

jedijunky1138
Yup Annies gonna be there.

guiro72
not on the council he's not.....

jedijunky1138
yes he will be.

MF D00m
You guy's are a little behind. It's already been confirmed. Anakin's on the Jedi Council. I already made the thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t309654.html

PVS
he is guiro, http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t309654.html

read the card on the bottom left

EDIT>>> oh ok...beat me to it

§pearhead
er...is adi gallia gone, or something?

jedijunky1138
MFDOOM thats where I got my Info. Thanx

captainmidnight
i didnt think there was gonna be much of a council becouse all the members were gonna lead clonetroopers against the separist's?

jedijunky1138
Well from the photos in the Insider mag there will be.

captainmidnight
oh....they show the coucil board in the insider? there must not be that many there becouse i know some lead armies....

guiro72
i heard most of the jedi council have to appear as holograms because they are away serving in active duty so much....apologies for being behind on the news everyone, i have been forced to curtail my geekiness lately....doesn't anakin being on the council undermine the idea that he is jealous of obi wan and the jedi holding him back from achieving his full potential while obi wan and others surge ahead?....i will go read other thread now.....

jedijunky1138
the coucil will have some members appearing as holograms. I think Mace Windu stayes on Corascant though.

Darth Jello
I think Adi is still on the council. Depa Billaba however, turned to the dark side and was tried for crimes against civilization. She's gone.

guiro72
yeah, i've heard that too, and also cause he is there to take the message and go confront palpatine....

Darth Jello
I can tell you who exactly will die in front of our eyes most likely...

guiro72
was referring to jedijunky's post not darth jello....r u smoking crack there jello? wink

Darth Jello
?

guiro72
the depa billaba stuff....go ahead on the onscreen death list....was only joking by the way....

Darth Jello
Well, Depa's gone, that's how it happened. Anyway as far as I've heard, Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon will be brutally killed in front of our eyes. Shaak Ti's death probably being the most brutal and humiliating.

NoFate007
Shaak Ti is killed by Grievous in the opening space battle by her own lightsaber, or so I've been told.

OB1-adobe
and kit fisto goes out like a pussy

mephistodesigns
good, smiling bastard. You know his smile really did kill the drama of the Geonosis arena battle. That was supposed to be this huge devastating event to the Jedi, more of their own killed at one time than anytime anyone can remember, and he's smiling and the droids are crackin' jokes (funny jokes,but that's my point) all of that should have been more sad and dark. Like when the Rebellion gets smacked on Hoth, the scene where they start retreating was pretty dark. Lucas, no more edge or sense of pacing!

Anyway, enough ranting. We see Plo Koon die? Drat. I figured we would. The comics have given me a soft spot for the little wierdo. Darth Jello--That list, it's the ones who go to a certain politician's office to "rescue" as certain jedi hero?

guiro72
yeah, "the slapstick years"....in ep IV and V the humour was all character based, mainly bickering....by rotj we had chewie doing the tarzan yell and the galaxy has never been the same for me since....they broke the third wall, or however you put it....

i await jello's answer to this question....and still confused about the depa billaba stuff....i suspect eu....must also admit not being quite sure who depa billaba is....i think it's the duck faced jedi?.....

mephistodesigns
She's the lady with very East Indian influences, human. She's clear in TPM. It is EU, but its from prequel novels that sort of just "explain" where people went, and authors elaborate on Lucas' ideas of what causes certain things. Like in November, a book comes out expaining how Ani gets to Knighthood. Now again, its EU, but the prequel novels and comics I'd have to put in a big gray area of canon. Officially it isn't, but a lot of it comes from Lucas's notes and ideas so some of it is and some of it isn't and its too hard to sift through it all so we just say it isn't to make it clear. But in the Clone Wars novel about Mace Windu, they explain what happens to Depa, whether it was Lucas' idea or not I do not know. It was good though, the author said he wanted to do Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" as a Star Wars novel. I liked it. But again, canon or not: probably not. But see, then there will be a book next year, like the Alan Dean Foster book before AOTC, that leads directly into ROTS. So much of that may very well be canon, but its in a book so its still EU which makes it not canon officially. Its all very personal in my book. But I wouldn't use any of it here, that's for damn sure.

guiro72
thanks for clearing that up mephisto....

Darth Jello
well, the book was written to explain why she would not be in ROTS, as for the party that confronts palpatine, I believe it will consist of Mace, Kit, Aayla, and two other jedi. the rest will die when their troops turn against them, barring shaak ti who dies horriblely

NoFate007
So what is the definite list of council members then?

Sith Master X
Hmm...I haven't heard that, but that sounds pretty cool.

Morgoths_Wrath
What about Yaddle?

NoFate007
Yaddle wasn't even in AOTC

captainmidnight
yaddle is sifo-dyous............JK

Jodo kast
Shaak ti loses her head in rots just like dooku(i aint sure of Dooku)

Mace Skywalker
Even though anakin is on the council, I just can't believe it you know what I'm saying. How and why are the so stupid and blind not to see that, even if the senator had his hand in it. Besides that, why did they even consider him over anyone else but obiwan, its not like ani is smart or anything or brilliant or wise like obi-wan.

Jodo kast
He becomes during the clone wars besides many other jedi die.

jedijunky1138
How about this? Palpatine helps Anakin secure a seat on the council so that he (Anakin) can make his own decisions about when and where he is assigned. Thus insuring him the freedom to be Palps body guard.

mephistodesigns
do we even know if he's approved to be on the council? I haven't exactly seen him in a chair on council. I read the heritage card or which ever card that was with the info, but it did say Palpatine TRIES (tries, not suceeds necessarily) to get Anakin a spot on the council. Perhaps this is after the opening scenes and Palpatine recommends that since it is Anakin who kills Dooku, and Anakin who pilots the doomed droid control ship, that he should be on, same as Obi-wan. The council probably puts Obi-wan on at that point but says no to Anakin for his age or something. Then that would further the rift between Ani and Obi, and the rift between Ani and the Jedi as a whole, and tighten the bond between Ani and Palpitine. that would make more sense in the context of the story and give him better reason to turn to the Dark Side.

NoFate007
I personally think Obi-Wan is on the Council right now in the story, cause I've seen a picture where he's sitting in a chair next to the hologram Ki-Adi...as for Anakin, I doubt he's on it, but he might be in the process of consideration, which I think makes more sense, and like stated before, the fact that Kenobi is on the Council and not Anakin could help support Anakin's mood later in the story, by thinking he was looked over once again.

captainmidnight
i agree there. thats were the betrayel kicks in,anakin should be honored that HIS mentor is on the coucil,but instead he gets jealous, i like anakin and all but for this reason alone anakin should fall into a burning ring of fire......

mephistodesigns
that's sort of the point of Anakin's story, you don't have to agree with him. Just understand him. Anakin sees things in black and white. Anakin sees that he is powerful, that he can do so much for the galaxy, only the Jedi won't let him because they're holding him back. He sees that as shortsighted because its a waste of valuable resources- his resources. He feels that someone so powerful should be put to effective use, make full use of his abilities. Its very nietche. It does make sense, why waste Van Gogh's abilities by making him a house painter? That's how he see's it. Its not wrong, just immature.

NoFate007
I don't even think its immature, I think its (in a twisted way) almost mature that he decides to go with Palpatine, because he (in Anakin's eyes) is the only one that seems to know the score, and could put Anakin's abilities to the limits. So I think in an evil sorta way, its very mature for Skywalker to abandon the Jedi Order, and make a decision on his own that he knows will be instrumental to the ruling of the entire galaxy.

Granted he turns evil and kills billions of people but eh, every war has its casualties lol

captainmidnight
a mature decision...dont know about that, just becouse anakin goes to the side thats winning doesnt make the decision a mature one...

NoFate007
Well the dark side isn't winning until he turns. If you had Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace and Anakin fighting Palpatine at once he wouldn't last a minute.

Anakin didn't choose the more powerful side, he chose the one he thought was right for his potential, and since the Jedi Order kept holding him back, he had to get guidance from the only other person, Sidious.

captainmidnight
i see what what your saying its a good point!!!!

mephistodesigns
I agree, good points NoFate! I kinda felt that way too, but was reluctant to use that it was in fact, as you put it, in a evil sort of way, a mature discision because I didn't think anyone would get the context of the terminology.

Red Superfly
Edit

NoFate007
So...again...what are the 12 names (official) of the council members? lol

NateDawgNT
i dont think anakin picked the dark side because it matched his potential. it was the power aspect. the EASY PATH - no waiting to be old and have command - just take it with force

also - im pretty sure hes not on the council cuz theres a picture of him standing before them,

Mace Skywalker
Ohhh, well thats cool, makes sense, since they are the best in the war anyway.

NoFate007
1. Yoda
2. Mace Windu
3. Plo Koon
4. Ki-Adi Mundi
5. Agen Kolar
6. Kit Fisto
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
8. Anakin Skywalker
9. Saesee Tinn
10-12. Stass Allie/Oppo Rancisis/Adi Gallia/Even Piell/Depa Billaba/Shaak Ti/Pablo-Jill

?

Xam
i saw a pic of obi1 sitting in a councils chair,looking a ki-adi mundi via hologram!!!its a finished ep3 shot!!!

does any1 kno if obi1 is indeed a member of the council in ep3?
(pm for pic)

XAM smokin'

Jedi Priestess
Rumour has it he is along with Anakin

Xam
Anakin on the coucil!!!!!Already!!!!I thougth hed never make it to the council!

Morgoths_Wrath
Palpatine supposedly helps Anakin secure a spot on the council. I don't like the idea myself, but maybe Lucas will make it work. Only time will tell I suppose. And I'm positive that Obi-Wan is on the council in Ep3.

Xam
oh well obi-wan is ok but anakin...no WAY!!!how can the supreme chancellor be able to convince yoda to put ani on the council?

Morridini
The Dark Side clouds everything.

Naredhel
Maybe all this people in chair business is just the Jedi having conversations... Anakin sat in a council chair is him having his debate/chat whatever with Yoda. Only issue here (and it's big) is that normally Jedi stand when addressing the council, so unless this is a smaller group of people?

Xam
maybe but still!

Morridini
But it has allready been confirmed. he is on the council.

Anakin2Vader
They both will be in and I like it.... seems only fit that the chosen one would get a seat, especially after killing the Sith Sepratist leader, and Obi Wan ... as Wise as master Yoda as strong as master Windu and he Killed a Sith too... seems like he deserves it.

Naredhel
I didn't know it was confirmed messed

Morridini
We have a thread about it here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t309654.html
So lets discuss Anikin on the council there.
And Obi here.

Xam
yeah great idea: obi1 is still one of the greatest jedi ever so yeah he does deserve a spot in the council after all he did kill the first sith to re-appear publicly!

Xam
and by the way wath makes obi1 so special that he has to be on the council be the begining of ep3???why not when he defeted maul in ep1?

Morridini
Perhaps he did some more good stuff during the Clone Wars which truly mad him a great Jedi? Or perhaps they wanted him to take care of Anikin before joining the Council.

EDIT: Yey, post number 300.

Xam
maybe!!!i guess thats a good theory! smokin' smokin'

forumcrew
obi wan is im pretty sure anakin is not

jedijunky1138
Obi does distinguish himself as a hero during the Clone Wars, but so does Anakin. Palpatine being the Supreme Chancellor has the power to place orders upon the Jedi Council. I think that Obi-Wan being on the Council gives Palps the power to place Anakin there because of there similar war records.

NoFate007
Eh screw it, they're all gonna die anyway

darktim1
they may need jedi on council because some have been killed by general grievious.

Ushgarak
Merged

NoFate007
Don't you guys think Obi-Wan should've been on the council beforehand? I think Episode II should've had him on a low seat like 10, but by Episode III he's on like 4 or 5. That would've been cool.

jedijunky1138
His plot line would not allow him to be on the council in EPII. He couldn't have devoted enough time to being a council member. By the time EPIII comes to pass the council will be a mute point anyway. The Jedi will be scattered and few in number.

guiro72
obi wan definitely should be on the council....anakin i'm not so sure about....the whole point of the dialogue in the anh duel revolved around anakin's jealousy over obi wan having a higher rank in the jedi order, when he clearly viewed himself to be superior....anakin on the council kinda makes a mockery of this....

the thing is, when you imagine lucas sitting down and deciding to include this in the script you realise that there had to have been some point in writing it in, either from a dramatic viewpoint, or something that it adds to the plot....these things don't just happen by accident, without a lot of thought and consideration.....

i was at a loss when i pondered the question here a week or so ago, and this is the best i've managed to come up with in the meantime....

it would give anakin a reason to become more arrogant and cocky, and feel he has the right to challenge obi wan in any argument, it partially explains his feelings of respect and attachment to palpatine in the ot, and it also would add to obi wan's frustration with anakin....as noble a man as he is, it would have to rankle at least a little, seeing that immature little upstart on the council after relatively few years experience....no doubt anakin will also brag his arse off.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.