Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Commander
November will be the month for the cinema publication, most likely together with the film The Incredibles, which starts in the USA on 5 Nov..

PVS
old news ROCKS!!! rock

OB1-adobe
laughing laughing laughing laughing
It sure does. Oh and guess what, I just found out its called Revenge of the Sith

Commander
Since when know you already of it?

PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=308581&highlight=incredibles

thread starts out with the news of an earlier online trailer,
due in mid to late october (YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!) and another poster
mentions the incredibles trailer

Commander
I do not have notion, about which you speak.

mephistodesigns
meditate on this, I will.

PVS
Hyperspace users will get to see the trailer 2 weeks before it is shown in theaters. since incredibles comes out (nov 5th?) that means the online trailer should be out in 2-3 weeks big grin get it now?

Commander
On the official side nothing stands from a online premiere in the hyperspace.

Commander
@ mephistodesigns:
Slide!

guiro72
anything definite on the dvd rom weblink yet?....

NoMeN
WHAT?!

guiro72
you'll have to be more specific nomen....

and still nothing on the dvd weblink?....

anyone?.....

Red Leader
No

Sith Master X
Damn, no more talk about the trailer! It's getting me too excited!!! big grin

PVS
HUH!?!?!?

what part of that did you not understand?
stick out tongue

Commander
The official confirmation stood on Saturday with SW.com in an article over coming star Wars of contents for Handys. Whether the announced on-line premiere in the hyperspace takes place thereafter or before it, remains a far secret.

PVS
you mean the trailer coming out in a few weeks? THAT trailer?
the almighty ep3 trailer? that one? the one we've been waiting
to see for over 2 years now? is that the one you refer to?
if so, i wont say a word about it big grin *cough*trailer*cough*

Sith Master X
Yep, that'd be it. laughing

OB1-adobe
I hope its not like the 'Breathing one'.

PVS
^^^

ditto

everyone says it was so cool,
but i thought it was too lacking in info.
it gave NOTHING away, and we had to wait
for the second one to see the REAL trailer

Commander
if it is a Teaser, I fear anyway that it will be quite short. A few faces, a little text and a lightsaber-flashed.

PVS
it will be a half a second.
if you blink, you missed it.
it will be a shot of the famous carbon rod.

Sith Master X
lol

Yeah, I too agree. I hope it's a little better then the breathing one. If you've watched the Prequel DVD's and the TV SPOT trailers, I think the length of that would be acceptable for this trailer that's coming out.

Commander
Would you see rather dramatic events between the characters (Anakin, Noooooo) or manufactures special effect sequences from Kashyyk or fight over Coruscant.

PVS
characters

but we will probably just be fed CG scenes like in the "breathing" trailer.
thats why i'm not getting THAT exited over the teaser.

guiro72
seeing big establishing shots of scenes would drive home the feel of the finished film, we've seen lots of shots of characters so far, albeit against blue screen or partial sets, but it would be the first time we'd seen much of the environments....the new shot of the jedi temple at night really stunned me for some reason....obviously though my preference would be for a combination of both....maybe 2 and a quarter hours worth?....

Commander
I agree, the jeditempel shot looks atmospherically very good.

Boris
I'd like to see a glimpse of Grievous moving or generally doing anything lol

PVS
have they even STARTED animating grievous yet?

NoMeN
How do you know?

Boris
I'm sure they must have a few rough scenes with him done, they could whip up ten sec of him.... smile

moonwalker741
wow, really old news for me... stick out tongue

dude guess what! darth vader is lukes father!!!!!!

PVS
Thu, Sep 23, 04 08:15:00 AM EDT

Updating this story: While the wording indicates the "on-line" premiere of the trailer will be for Hyperspace members, it does not mean the trailer will premiere on-line.

'Darth Vader' sent this:

Just wanted to point out that if you bought the OT DVDs at Best Buy you also got a free special edition Star Wars Insider. On the last page of the magazine at the very bottom it says "Don't miss the members-only online premiere of the Revenge of the Sith trailer this fall!" I guess Hyperspace fans will be getting a first look at the new trailer. I hadn't seen anyone else mention this, so I thought I'd give the heads up.

You may remember that some of the trailers for Attack of the Clones appeared online first as well. (Except it was free back then.)

darktim1
I can wait to see it in the theater I don't have hyper space so it's not that important to me.p.s. not it is but I can wait.

NoMeN
awwwww!
well scrambda will be here i guess :P

Commander
despite all that, that is not accurate states, that the trailer this autumn comes is already for a long time clear, also that hyperspace members special privileges enjoy. finally count with so explosive news only the official confirmation and I want concrete data

PVS
it will happen, dont be so skeptical.

GL will exploit HS as much as possible

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Commander
GL and the money...
even if the trailer first for hs members is accessible, there are a few reliable people here...

JKozzy
It will be, probably.

Jedi Priestess
actually NO it doesnt. As PVS mentioned, lucky fans who picked up their OT dvd's from Best Buy was it? Were treated to a special edition of Insider that on the last page does indeed CONFIRM that HS members will see the trailer for EP3 before its released in theaters. I do realise you are excited but please trust those of us that have been here for awhile and have connections to this type of info. wink

Gangularis
damned aol purchased DVD!!!

WHY does bestbuy get that special insider???
i saw that in the store the other day.. looked pretty neat.

Sith Master X
Yeah, the clouds and lighting all kind of looks pretty dark, so it really sets up a nice feel to the movie.

Commander
@ JediePriestess:

HS Members foresee it, see it later, see it in the autumn. Which date?

That is finalseparating.

desiringhaydenc
Ahh only a month away,I'm way excited!!!! rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Could someone please quote this confirmation please? PVS just posted a few posts above this a quote saying that it specifically did NOT say this, which is very confusing for the average thread reader.

And I liked Breathing. It wasn't meant to give anything away, it was menat to make you hungry for more. Did that 100%.

PVS
however ush, i think with all the spoiler material we've seen this time around, it would not be such a blissful moment as 3 years ago.

i would really like to hear a bit of dialogue this time around. just a line from each main player would wet my wistle.

PVS
also, i would translate "online premier" as coming out before the theater trailer. they said "this fall" so it has to concern the first trailer, not like last time when people were able to download the second trailer in the winter. its coming!!! can you feel it?? ITS ON ITS WAY!!! eek!

Sith Master X
The second teaser for AOTC came out only 4 days after the first one did. I think it was the MYSTERY one.

moonwalker741
but you had to go on the episode 1 dvd to see mystery

darktim1
one thing I do know is that the incredibles movie will make alot of money with the teaser trailer playing for episode3.The same thing happened with episode1 teaser trailer. I hope shows general grievious with lightsabers standing.

Ushgarak
Possibly, but we don't actually know for sure, yeah?

BTW, this time last time, with AOTC, the plot was totally blown before Breathing came out- if anything I would say there has been less spoilerage so far this time. I still liked it.

cylob49
Anyone feel saddened by the lack of surprise and mystery that will be missing from their viewing of the trailer due to the amount of info stored in their melons?
It happened with the other 2 prequels
Instead of a "what the hell is obi doin hanging onto that flying droid type thing above coruscant?" its was "oh thats obviously the scene where obi wan is just about to be shot down by Zam Wessel the Clawdite changeling whilst he is holding onto the assassin droid that dropped off the kohuns that try and kill Padme"

I remember seeing the original trailer for JEDI and thinking what the hell was YODA doing alongside Lando in the falcon...later i discovered it was Nein Numb but from the back it kind of looked like Yoda

There wont be any of that

But ill still be one exited m***erf***er waiting for the words LUCASFILM to appear on the big screen.
Gonna be slightly disapointed if there aint a sneak of GREVIOUS or VADER.....but i reckon well get a glimpse

NateDawgNT
for me its not even about what i do and don't know. It's about seeing it... i knew every single spoiler for AOTC, but seeing the breathing trailer was (no pun intended) breathtakin

CinematicESP
I don't think they should show Vader in any trailer. The impact would kick a lot more ass if we didn't see him. But they probably will, as they showed Maul with the double saber. In my opinion, some things should be kept for the movie itself.

Mace Skywalker
I dont care what it is as long as I see something.

cylob49
Why? They shown us enough already on the dvd preview
I dunno....sure seeing Vader onscreen again for the first time since the TUNES ad will be awesome....but the dvd preview has lessened the impact...AND from what i can tell all the standees and window stickers for the dvd release feature the new suit...showing a teaser would be redundant.....sure a clip of dv in a totally new enviroment other than a star destroyer or strapped down to that Frankenstein like operating table thing would be great but that sounds like all we are getting.

im more interested in seeing Grevious on screen for the first time than DV...which a lot of people are waiting for

cornponious
I agree. Right now, Grievous is all that matters.

Oh wait, I swore I'd never post here again.

The Corn of Your Nightmares.

forumcrew
a 7 minute teaser is already out here

Star Wars Footage Shown In Cannes

Variety reports that at the 20th Mipcom TV mart in Cannes on Monday, international TV execs got a little peek at "Revenge of the Sith":

Extra fizz at the decidedly glitzier market -- determined revelers could have attended 15 hours of cocktail parties Monday -- was provided Sunday by a seven-minute teaser of George Lucas' upcoming "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," followed by a swank party.

No word on what footage was shown though it's a good bet that it was the same stuff as shown at licensee meetings here in the U.S.

Sith Master X
About the Vader thing in the trailer, I think it'd be best if they left him out, maybe show only his shadow or part of him, but not the mask because it'd be alot more exciting to wait and see this on film. However, for promotion, I'm sure they'll put Vader on.

I'd rather just see Grievous for now.

forumcrew
well on the dvd's you can see anakin in the vader suit walking on set.. so its already been seen by tons of people

NateDawgNT
i guarantee taht if vader is in it it will be his breathing at the very end,

it'd be TOO raw if the last shot of the trailer is anakin saying something bad or him and obiwan fighting and then it fades to black an du hear the breathing

Falacerjedi
If Vader in the suit only shows up for the last few minutes of the movie I for one will be very upset. After making the true fans of Star Wars wait this dern long to see Vader on the big screen again Anakin had better be in that suit for more than just the final moments of the movie.

Bartman99
its already confirmed that vader will be jsut there for about the end of the movie, since the climax is the duel

cal31
Well he's supposed to be shown for about 10 mins. is what I heard, but I'd rather have him in more like 30mins.

NoMeN
only 2 mins of vader. allready confirmed

Sith Master X
2 minutes? Where was that confirmed?

NoMeN
long time ago. 3 weeks i think. hold on ill look for the quote

Sith Master X
Ok, because GL had said it was supposed to be about 10 minutes.

NoMeN
If you haven't picked up the latest edition of Enterntainment Weekly, I encourage you to do so. Some great info on the OT DVDs, Star Wars in general, and a good interview with GL.

Anyway, according to the Lucas interview, he states that Darth Vader appears in Ep 3 for two minutes:

"So, at least Darth Vader is in . Only for for two minutes, but he's in it."

Sith Master X
Maybe he was kind of being sarcastic a bit because Vader's not in Episode 3 much? erm I highly doubt it would be only two minutes.

NoMeN
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.