Defenders vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Hulk and Namor

vs

Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash
plus Green Arrow, Zatanna, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Captain Marvel

Surfer can take out a few members right off the bat but how would this one go? No prep time.

ScarletSpider
I think it should be evened up, and some of the other members of the Defenders brought in. Along with Surfer, Strange, Hulk and Namor, add Nighthawk, Hellcat, Valkyrie, Starlight (formerly Red Guardian), Daimon Hellstrom at full power, Moondragon, Ghost Rider, Black Knight. Although this would probably be the motliest most disfunctional team of Defenders ever, which would make it all the better. Too bad there isn't a Defenders book going, it could be great. The previous one was okay, but dammit Busiek, you need more than nostalgia to get people interested. They wanted new action from favorite characters, not a bad repeat of the 70's.

norrin radd
defenders all the way.

ScarletSpider
Aye.

Mav
Defenders.

Never
Defenders "all the way?" How?

Zatanna can do nigh anything as long as she says it backwards; Superman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman are true powerhouses; Green Lantern can will his ring to do almost anything.

Defenders? God, this would be ugly. MM can stalemate Silver Surfer. Wonder Woman can overpower Namor. Superman can stalemate Hulk (I HATE to admit it, but it is probably true). Zatanna can stalemate Dr. Strange.

What will the rest of the JLA do, twiddle their thumbs?

Evangel94
Are you nuts? Unless strange has some serious prep-time, they are done for.

Never
If Batman's team gets the same amount of prep time (although Krissy said no prep), then there is NOTHING that Strange's team could do with the amount of firepower that Batman has at his disposal. Zatanna neutralizes Strange, and...game, set, match.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm for neither but here's a way for the Defenders to win. Of course, on the front line is the Surfer. Kal and GL are taken out of the fight instantly once the Surfer absorbs all the solar energy out of Supes and GL's ring. Sensing the enormous mystical power from Zatanna, Strange quickly voices a silence spell on her, making her virtually useless during the rest of the battle.
Captain Marvel is stalemated with Hulk. Namor brings a quick end to Hawkman and Hawkgirl due to his large strength advantage over the two. The rest can be imagined but no Superman, GL, Zatanna and the two Hawks - the Defenders have a chance.

I don't know what I'm talking about, I know. Heh.

Magee
Yea ur rite. There is no point in making up little scenarios because thats not how it works. SS can't absorb the solar energy out of Superman and even if he could, how the fuk would he know hes powered by it? As for absorbing the power from a GL ring, thats just stupid. And where r MM and WW?

I think the JLA take this one.

norrin radd

norrin radd

Never
She's not. He said:

Anyway, she is a magician with the ability to do nigh anything. Her only restriction is that she has to say it backwards.

Magee
Well Hulk emits the radiation he doesnt store it in Cells. For all u know SS may well have a problem absorbing Supermans Solar Energy.
The sun is totaly different from a person who can store Solar Energy. I said sumthing like this on another thread, Say a person can absorb a lightning bolt, does that mean he can take the energy from a battery? I wouldnt think so, and thats the same for SS.

ScarletSpider
I realized from the start that the Defenders would lose. I was just acting the ass and being unfairly biased towards my favorite non-team. stick out tongue

Never
WHAT?

Since when did Hulk "emit the radiation?" Care to substantiate that claim? Would that not make it dangerous for ANYONE to be in the near vicinity if so?

Even if he DID, it does not "bleed" out all at once, so he HAS to store it (and odd, considering the gamma radiation altered his structure at the CELLULAR level). No, SS will not have ANY problem absorbing Superman's stored energy. And how would he know that it is solar based? Hmm, cosmic awareness? Familar with what that enables him to do?

SS can absorb ENERGY, regardless of what type it is. I am not going to post the image here, but here is the link.

http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk250-1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hulksmashes/hulk250-2.jpg

norrin radd

Evangel94
Hulk emits small amounts of radiation. That's how Betty Ross was killed. Prolonged exposure.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
This is a bit of a mis-match if you're including all those extras. The JLA would win fairly handily.

Never
"Emits the radiation" as opposed to storing it in his cells. Of course he emits small amounts of radiation; any irradiated object does so. Magee's phrasing made it sound as if The Hulk emitted HUGE amounts of radiation for the Silver Surfer to absorb. That simply is not true; Surfer simply absorbed ALL "stored" gamma radiation in addition to any ambient gamma radiation.

Magee
No Magee's phrasing didnt make it sound as if Hulk emited HUGE amounts of radiation. I just said emited, i never specified wether it was huge or small amounts, apparently u took at as a huge amount. I did mean a small amount.

manjaro
JLA all the way! besides, unless im comletely mistaken i dont remember the likes of Strange, Namor, or silver Surfer being members of the defenders. again maybe im mistaken. but the simple fact that its 4 aganist 13, how could they win? even if they had hulk and SS

Beyonder
Silver Surfer Vs. Martian Manhunter, Superman
Surfer wins.

Dr. Strange Vs. Zatanna, Flash, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel
Strange wins.

Hulk Vs. , Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Wonderwoman
Hulk wins

Namor Vs. Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow
Namor win.

Defenders win. There. See, I can match them up so the Defenders can win as well. stick out tongue

Zatanna can do nigh anything as long as she says it backwards; Superman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, and Wonder Woman are true powerhouses; Green Lantern can will his ring to do almost anything.

nders? God, this would be ugly. MM can stalemate Silver Surfer. Wonder Woman can overpower Namor. Superman can stalemate Hulk (I HATE to admit it, but it is probably true). Zatanna can stalemate Dr. Strange.

Zatanna ain't going to stalemate Strange for long. I doubt the Socerrer Supreme is that stupid not to figure out Zatanna's power and weakness lies in her voice. Strange summons the Bands of Cytorrak to bind her mouth & hands & she's out of the fight. Strange pulls the same trick on Superman, Captain Marvel, Green Latern, Flash, and Wonder Woman then most of the JLA would be bounded and out of the fight. Unless anyone here is going to argue that the Bands Of Cyttorak can't even hold them even though it's HELD Galactus.

Get there ASS KICKED by Hulk & Namor? big grin They can do that.

But yes this is kinda one sided even if Defenders do have a chance. And this all depends on how each sided is matched up. However, Strange is above or equal to Dr. Fate and both are above Zantanna. Thing with this fight is the Defenders can wipe out nearly half or more of the JLA if Strange was in bloodlust mode or Surfer was. I doubt most JLAers would be standing after a direct & full blast from either Strange or Surfer. On the other hand, Strange, Surfer, Hulk, and Namor have the durability to stand up to most of the JLA, with the exception of MM or Zatanna (if she says the right word).

Thing is, when the fight starts, I doubt everyone is going to be paired up to someone of their equal statis, which is a benefit for the Defenders. They (Namor & Hulk) have a good chance of surviving long enough for the Defenders to win. Each Defender can take a lot more punishments from the other side then can vice versa.

Beyonder
Anyone going to despute my reason why Defenders could win this?

lightaxe
dude silver surfer has power over energy he could defintaly absorb the solar energy from him, i doubt hed know to do it but anyway back in wizard 70 i think it was silver surfer beat superman, wonderwoman, and flash in there article called "toughest heroes", even without energy absorbition that guy has the power cosmic working for him.

wrathofachilles
Uh, yeah, I will.

Surfer wins.

In no way will this happen. Ever.

Strange wins.

See above.

Hulk wins

Hey, you got one!

Namor win.

Hmm, more difficult to assess, but still not likely. As strong as Namor is, he is doubtfully able to take down all three at the same time.

The JLA will win this, it's not really that difficult a match-up to figure out.

Beyonder
Uh, yeah, I will.

Surfer wins.

In no way will this happen. Ever.

No? What's MM going to do to Surfer? Supes gets energy raped by Surfer.

Strange wins.

See above.

Why? You think it's going to take Strange long to figure out that Zatanna's power comes from her voice? C'mon, she speaks backwards; I doubt a socerrer of Strange's magnitude can't put two and two together. The Bands of Cyttarok would bind both her mouth and body.

What's Flash going to do? Run into Strange's shield? Attack Strange when he's levitating 40 feet off the ground? B.S. Flash got his ass kicked by Dr. Polaris. The Bands of Cyttarok binds his butt as well. CM and GL ain't going to break free from the Bands either. And don't think about saying he can't. Strange ain't stupid not to use that kind of tactics when his team is out numbered. Yes, he can lose if he goes easy on them. Once he assests the situation and realize their overall out powered and number, tactics like the Bands of Cyttarok would be used. Then he proceeds to beat their ass while their bounded up.

Hulk wins

Hey, you got one!

roll eyes (sarcastic) Three so far.

Namor win.

Hmm, more difficult to assess, but still not likely. As strong as Namor is, he is doubtfully able to take down all three at the same time.

So I take it that a whale is near the fight in your scenerio, isn't that right? Namor can take the fight to the sky and neither Batman nor Green Arrow can follow, except for GA's arrow. These three would get murdered after a long fight.

The JLA will win this, it's not really that difficult a match-up to figure out.

And yet you managed to screw up while doing so.

kidhavoc
JLA... hmm. It matters on the cards you're dealt.

Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, Hulk and Namor
vs.
Supes, Bats, WW, GL, Aqua, Martian, Flash, Zatanna etc., the rest of the JLA are irrelevant.

It matters on the start of the battle. Defenders win IF Dr. Strange puts Martian Manhunter in a world of fire rendering him useless, he's the only one who can really stop Silver Surfer.

Martian could easily put Silver in a dream where he's fighting Galactus or his wife is being killed over and over again and he wouldn't fight. the JLA wins if Martian first does this. Silver Surfer can easily destory every1 on the JLA cept Martian, cause Silver has the power cosmic. he can destory planets by thinking they are destroyed and can turn anything into anything, no super strength or speed can stop that. No Silver = Strange as the next best thing. if the Flash (assuming he's classic & can move at the speed of light) smokes strange in the balls, theres enough time for zatanna to render him useless using a spell. from there its strength vs. strenth, but the GL can shove Hulk and Namor in a green tube with no air causing them to suffocate.

obiously the numbers arent equal however. and the Defenders could use more people, same with the JLU.

Silver, Strange, Hulk, Thor, Galactus
vs.
Martian, Supes, GL, Dr. Fate, Anti-Monitor

Note this is a more Marvel vs. DC battle. but assume Strange and Silver are stalemated by Martian and Dr. Fate. Supes against Thor and GL against Hulk. these four would be stalemated IF they fought together instead of 2 seperate one on ones. Then you have the king sh*ts for both teams. keepin in mind Galactus hates the defenders he is a part of the Marvel world, and he is the only one who can kick silvers ass. Then you have the anti-monitor who can destory the galaxy galactus is in. even with all that power anti-monitor can jump to another Earth and destory the existence of galactus. JLU wins,., well the only member left (Galactus) wins...

Krissy Von Doom
I didn't know Surfer could do that

kidhavoc
go to

h t t p : / / en . wikipedia . org / wiki / Silver _ Surfer

without the spaces. i'm a newbie.

picoico
Defenders. Dr. Strange could easily take out supes (please people, remember that supes is quite vulnerable to magic). Silver Surfer and hulk can do in the rest. And that leaves namor to sit back, have some salt water tea, and yell out "Imperius Rex!!!" from time to time.

picoico
Silver Surfer has never been depicted as destroying a planet alone, to my knowledge. However, silver surfer has fought Morg, and in the aftermath an entire planet AND it's moons was torn to shreds (Silver Surfer Anual #7). Morg was near death, while SS emerged unharmed, ready to deliver the killing blow (which of course he couldn't allow himself to do).

Emperor Ashtar
defenders.

jrodslam
JLA win almost everytime.

Defenders need more people on their team. I dont see how people are saying Surfer is going to beat Supes and MM at the same time. Thats ridiculous. GL could possibly beat Surfer alone.

Re: Strange and Zatanna, whoever gets a spell off first would probably dominate that battle.

Captain Marvel, Flash and Wonder Woman? C'mon. As much as i love the Defenders, Hulk and Namor arent beating them. Cap could probably beat Huk and Namor alone possibly.

Les be real people.

long pig
Strange vs Zatanna=Whoever gets the spell off quicker? Well, Strange wins everytime.

His reaction speed is enhanced by a lot due to pre-cog. What's the worst she can do? She can't overrule Eternity and kill him. "Ezeerf"? He'd still be able to caste spells.

Surfer isn't here?

Kahjitt
Originally posted by Beyonder
Surfer wins.

Strange wins.

Hulk wins

Namor win.

Defenders win. There. See, I can match them up so the Defenders can win as well. stick out tongue

nders? God, this would be ugly. MM can stalemate Silver Surfer. Wonder Woman can overpower Namor. Superman can stalemate Hulk (I HATE to admit it, but it is probably true). Zatanna can stalemate Dr. Strange.

Zatanna ain't going to stalemate Strange for long. I doubt the Socerrer Supreme is that stupid not to figure out Zatanna's power and weakness lies in her voice. Strange summons the Bands of Cytorrak to bind her mouth & hands & she's out of the fight. Strange pulls the same trick on Superman, Captain Marvel, Green Latern, Flash, and Wonder Woman then most of the JLA would be bounded and out of the fight. Unless anyone here is going to argue that the Bands Of Cyttorak can't even hold them even though it's HELD Galactus.

Zatanna doesn't need her mouth or her hands to use magic, her powers are genetic. She chooses to say it to show her mastery of spells.

Get there ASS KICKED by Hulk & Namor? big grin They can do that.

But yes this is kinda one sided even if Defenders do have a chance. And this all depends on how each sided is matched up. However, Strange is above or equal to Dr. Fate and both are above Zantanna. Thing with this fight is the Defenders can wipe out nearly half or more of the JLA if Strange was in bloodlust mode or Surfer was. I doubt most JLAers would be standing after a direct & full blast from either Strange or Surfer. On the other hand, Strange, Surfer, Hulk, and Namor have the durability to stand up to most of the JLA, with the exception of MM or Zatanna (if she says the right word).

Thing is, when the fight starts, I doubt everyone is going to be paired up to someone of their equal statis, which is a benefit for the Defenders. They (Namor & Hulk) have a good chance of surviving long enough for the Defenders to win. Each Defender can take a lot more punishments from the other side then can vice versa.

long pig
Surfer plays "Gaurd the near Skyfather level Sorcerer of the Universe" long enough for Strange to stop time, steal souls and eat babies.

Now, we can say "Zatanna can do anything as long as she says it backwards."(even though she has clear cut limits), but we shouldn't. We should only use things she's done in the past, just as we do with Strange. But, if you want to play that game, then Strange, by clear cut admittance of marvel themselves, can do anything without saying a word and is totally invincible.

quanchi112
defenders are just to much.

charlemagne9746
Supes or Flash can solo

strengthkills
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think it should be evened up, and some of the other members of the Defenders brought in. Along with Surfer, Strange, Hulk and Namor, add Nighthawk, Hellcat, Valkyrie, Starlight (formerly Red Guardian), Daimon Hellstrom at full power, Moondragon, Ghost Rider, Black Knight. Although this would probably be the motliest most disfunctional team of Defenders ever, which would make it all the better. Too bad there isn't a Defenders book going, it could be great. The previous one was okay, but dammit Busiek, you need more than nostalgia to get people interested. They wanted new action from favorite characters, not a bad repeat of the 70's. there is talk about defenders book after WWH

long pig
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Supes or Flash can solo
How so? They aren't half as fast as Surfer or half as powerful as Strange.
Strange could solo two Justice Leagues with 20 minutes prep.

RUNMAN
Bump!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.