loki (god of lies and mischief) vs Dr Strange sorcerer supreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kain Phoenix
i'd bet money on this one that loki wins without breaking a sweat.
he's had 1000's and 1000's of years experience and had decieved and manipulated practicly everyone.
this won't be a plain ol fist fight co that's not how either of them operate.
even though, loki still wins

Mane
no Strange takes this easily. Loki is a wuss comparted to Dr. Strange.

wrathofachilles
Loki is not a wuss. He is the god of magic and in addition to his experience he is brilliant as well. He orchestrated the Acts of Vengeance and has put Thor through a world of hurt over the millennia. I don't know if he would take out Strange or not considering it's...well, Strange, but in no way would either take the other easily. This would be a good and drawn-out matchup.

Mane
i said "Loki is a wuss comparted to Dr. Strange"

hes not always a wuss but he is next to the Sorcerer Supreme.

wrathofachilles
Well I think you meant "compared" lol, but still, he's not even in comparison to Strange. They both have complete mastery over magic. I don't know Strange that well, so I don't know if he can tire, but Loki can't. The likely string of events is Loki would trap Strange in some dimension, they'd fight it out, it would last for hours or days, Loki would get bored, and vanish with the remark "next time Strange, I'll destroy you!"

Mane
its called a typo, dude! miffed

Havoc470
lol, loki wont have a chance imo, i mean he's the god of mischief...the most damage he could do to strange is annoy him, and maybe stick him somewhere cleverly (like in the Loki comic) and then strange would beat the crap out of loki in a few minutes, Loki is the little punk bully at school that always messes with the wrong person and gets owned again and again for it

Mane
uhh yeah i think thats like what i was saying huh

Havoc470
O_o

i dont see how my post resembles yours unless theres a post im missing

Mane
nevermind...

Havoc470
...alright O_o

Wynndar
Didnt Strange just watch when Loki was helpless against the dreaming Celestial?

Ponem
Strange takes this. Easy win.

Wynndar
I thought that celstial killed him...anyone know how Loki came back?

Evangel94
Loki.

Dr. Strange already admitted that loki is his superior in magic and sorcery.

Ponem
Strange can pimp Galactus if he wants to. He can probably make someone like Eternity sweat ( yes, im beeing serieus). He's "beaten" the In-betweener, its common knowledge that In-betweener > Loki without doubt.

However; If Loki decides to burst in Strange's house without warning, he'd slap him on his ass and make strange his *****, however; if Strange one day woke up and decided he was going to kill Loki, he would do so, without doubt.

lets not forget..Strange pimped Shuma-Gorath.

Havoc470
admitting that someone is superior in magic and sorcery doesnt win the fight, i think i'm still going with the doc on this one, and thats on the basis that the fight is with both of them aware of each others presence and ready to duke it out

Evangel94
Loki has already killed Dr. Strange in a head to head battle.

Ponem
Your point beeing? As i recall, that was pis, plus; Strange did not have prep. With prep. loki cant beat the doc, without prep, loki beats him.

Never
I don't know...Strange is probably the more well-rounded sorceror, but I am not so certain that he is Loki's superior (contingent on your criteria for grading each).

Loki is more powerful than Strange in some areas and vice versa.

Strange didn't beat the In-Betweener (I notice you enclosed that in quotation marks). He had Order and Chaos helping him. Sheeit, the In-Betweener can alter reality itself. Dr. Strange cannot.

Ponem
Ya, but still. Strange was the only one capable of doing it, in my opinion that counts for something smile You may disagree, of course.

Here's my trump; Strange goes avatar.

Evangel94
Dr. Strange admits Loki is his superior is sorcery and magic. (When strange admits something like that, it definitely means a whole lot)

Dr. Strange is killed by Loki in a head to head battle.

Ponem
again; Strange goes avatar. This is not the battle where Loki managed to take Strange. Whole new ballgame, new Strange. Strange goes avatar, beat that.

Evangel94
This is Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme, the one that has been shown time and time again in comics. That is the Strange were discussing at the moment. If it was any other version, then it would have been specified in the topic.

Ponem
yeah, i know -_- . Thus; Strange will beat loki if he has prep.

wrathofachilles
No, actually he was the 'god of mischief' in 800 AD. He's the full-fledged god of evil now. His mastery over magic is unmatched. He is a bully among the gods, not among humans. He does not get 'owned again and again' by any means except by Thor, and even with him Loki has caused a great deal of pain and anguish. You greatly underestimate his powers. Strange wouldn't 'beat the crap out of' Loki in any way or form.

wrathofachilles
Loki has stolen the power of Odin before, so if we're saying 'who would win when they achieve power-ups,' Loki still takes it.

wrathofachilles
Is this an actual occurence or are you just saying that's what would happen? I'd love to see if they actually fought.

Evangel94
Jurgens wrote it.

Dr. Strange, Captain America, Hulk, Thing, & Wolverine launch an attack on asgard. Dr. Strange received a necklace from the other pantheons of the earth that had the power to negate the odin force within King Thor. Thor was then reduced to his normal power level (he also did not have the mjolnir at the time, so he was fighting with only his fists).

Loki immediately comes to the aid of Thor and Dr. Strange confronts him in a head to head battle of sorcery. Thor meanwhile is preoccupied with Hulk and Thing. (Wolverine was killed by a blast from the odinforce before Strange could place the necklace on thor, but not before wolverine nearly sliced off Thor's left arm with his claws).

Hours pass and we see loki standing over Dr. Strange's dead body triumphant. Cut to the other end of the battlefield and we see Thor with one arm only has managed to kill the Hulk and Thing. Thor then laughs and yells "You dared to challenge the god of thunder?!"

Loki then removes the necklace from thor via magic (The necklace could not be removed or damaged by thor or anyone else not wielding magic).

wrathofachilles
What? When was this?? Obviously that wasn't within continuim as everyone is alive, but I completely missed that. Sounds like a great story though. How did Thor kill them both with one arm?

Ponem
Strange has actually been studying the mystic arts longer due to his involvement in the "War of the Seven Spheres".
As for the title, yes, it basically gives him a powerup. As part of the trials one has to go through to receive the title, one becomes ageless(although one can die by trauma), receives the true Eye of Agamotto, and gets to call upon the real high mucky mucks in Marvel. Also, before Strange became the SS the Ancient One basically gave Strange ALL of his power just before he died during the battle with Zom. So Strange, even before all the powerups, is at least twice as strong as he was when he first faced Loki.

JuggernautFan
strange got the crap beat out of him by juggernaut (which he should have been able to negate juggy's mystical properties) something i think loki is capable of achieving.

i think this is rather lopsided. loki takes it.

Krissy Von Doom
I'm not sure how easy it is to negate Cytorrak's powers on Juggernaut.

Nevertheless, I think Loki will take this one. In addition to having immense magical powers, Loki's a "god".

Havoc470
from what i've read of Loki, he usually does something clever and is a victor for a small amount of time, then he ****s up (which he does well) and gets his ass handed to him by, for example with him as king right now in the Loki solo, even the normal humans he rules over are doing shit behind his back.....imo from experience loki is nothing

but i do love Norse mythology lol

wrathofachilles
What do you mean by this? Loki has been studying magic for millennia, since Strange is human, how can he have studied the mystic arts for longer?

wrathofachilles
All villains 'win' for a small amount of time and then do something to screw it up. That's the typical storyline for a villain. Thanos is famous for it, Galactus is famous for it, Doom is famous for it. It's basically a writer's technique: they know the villain is too powerful to really 'lose,' so they have to do something themselves to screw it up. Loki is a god but he's not omniscient. Saying he's 'nothing' is simply wrong. Of course he's going to lose against Thor and many other big-league heroes, he's the bad guy. That doesn't mean he's not insanely powerful though.

Havoc470
i'd like to see someone make a comic of them two fighting, with most of the artists now it would look amazing, the last Loki issue comes out today i cant wait to pick it up

yeah, it really wasnt in my place to say that because it always happens to every villain, the "ill show you my evil plan" technique lol

i really dont have facts for the whole battle, but i still believe strange would win, this is all from what i've seen of both loki and dr. strange

wrathofachilles
Evangel said there was a fight. I missed it. Damn me.

Havoc470
yeah, i dont know if it's old or not though, but i would like to see it, and at least know if it was one of those comic books that were taken off radar

like the time they gave strange a superhero costume and a mask -_-

wrathofachilles
I never liked Strange. I don't know why. Maybe because I don't really think it's appropriate to have 'Dr.' in his name. I get it for Octopus because he was a scholar, for Doom because he's crazy, but Strange. I mean, having a PhD in the mystic arts....I don't think so.

Havoc470
i think his name was stephen strange, and he was a doctor, then he stumbled on the mystical arts and kept his regular name dr. strange

Ponem
But..he IS a Doctor..so why not flaunt it? he was a brilliant surgeon untill he cut himself due to an "accident" in the hand rendering it incapable of the detailed work that needed to be done...His name has always been Strange. Dr. Stephen Strange...Funky no?

Havoc470
wow, Loki #4 was amazing

Never
Easy. Mjolnir.

I strongly suspect that Binary could do it also.

wrathofachilles
I remember him being a real doctor, but it's still a bit silly to keep the title after you become sorcerer supreme. Better than Mr. Strange I guess. And if he was so brilliant, how did he 'accidentally' cut it, lol. He's a quack! Admit it!

Beyonder
Then why is DC's top sorcerer also have a "doctor" tile? Dr. Fate
Or why is their a "mister" in Mr. Sinister?

If you don't know about Strange's incident, go READ THE BIOS ON HIM.

Strange takes this. Argue if you want too, but Strange would kick Loki's ass. When he was an ameture at this art, Strange admitted Loki was better than him. Loki's powerful, but Strange was able to STOP the power of a Infinity Guantlet weilding Nebula.

nomsans
in my opinion, dr stange has this hands down. he is one of marvels most powerful heroes.

wrathofachilles
And Loki is one of Marvel's most powerful villains.

funny stuff
Dance for Sol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.