Got a soul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HiddenPotential
I believe I do, what about you? and why.

finti
I dont because I dont believe we have

WhiteEagle
I think the closest thing anyone has to a soul would be their personality. It's unique and it's who you are. But just as we are not immortal either is the 'soul'. When I die it dies with me, because it is me.

I don't understand why anyone would think they have an immortal soul. Except perhaps people who believe they have out of body experiences.

Imperial_Samura
Hmm, with vaguely religious feeling I feel we all have a soul, something that is us, our personality and so forth. Whether this is an immortal non physical aspect is another matter entirely.....

WindDancer
Yeah, we have a soul. Just gotta go through the inner self and the conscious part of the mind and you'll find it there. Nice to have a soul happy

Delicious1
I believe that we do. And I believe that your souls either go to Heaven or Hell when you die.

deadly_force

m!$hA
i dont beleive in ... anything really erm
so no i dont think we have a soul happy

HiddenPotential
People that have had near death experiences on hospital operating tables have been able to see things from an over hear view as they were looking down at their body.

I think the hospitals have a scrolling message board thats on the top shelf in the corner of hospital rooms facing up, just for these events.

DarthCyrax
i almost died. i was shot 4 times.

HiddenPotential
Lucky you, (to be alive)
So you got a soul, or not?

pr1983
i believe i got one, its what stops me becoming the next hitler, its where my conscience comes from and also where i feel the connection to the woman i love

GCG
We continue to think of ourselves as beings endowed with free will and distinguished from the rest of the animal world by our immortal souls.......................I believe that it makes individuals live better knowing they have a soul.

BackFire
No, I sold my soul years ago for ten bucks and a candy bar.

The Omega
"Got a soul"?
No, but I have some soul-music lying around... big grin

Tptmanno1
"Ima SOUL man"
*groovy music in the background!*

The Omega
laughing

Tptmanno1
*dances*

The Omega
(Watches...)
Welllll, seeing as there are no Creationists in the Evolution-thread I suppose souling around in another hapless thread is as good a passtime as any...

dance

Tptmanno1
*Intercom voice*
" in approxamitly 5 minute we wil be arriving in Off-topic land. Please stay in your seats with your seatbelts securely fastened untill the craft has come to a complete stop at the terminal and the fasten seatbelt sign is turned off. Thank you for flying TO and TPT air."

*Soul music resumes*

Nazgulinthedark
i beleive i have a soul smile

The Omega
Tpt> (Sound of me crashing backwards laughing)

WindDancer
I heard of cases like those. Hard to prove but it would be interesting to experience something like that. To look at your self from an outside view.

BackFire
That could very easily be a trick of the mind that goes on with some people when they have heavy trama going on.

WindDancer
It could be, but up to this point I've never experience something like that......as a matter of fact there are a lot of things I haven't experience yet.

BackFire
There have also been claims that when people are asleep they seem themselves in the third person, hovering above. Most likely just a trick of hte mind.

WindDancer
I had those before. Those are nothing but dreams. But to be asleep and getting cut in a surgery might be something else. I'm sure anyone can record an operation and watch it later, but to actually have a surgery and watching yourself from the outside at the same time sounds interesting.

Tptmanno1
glad you liked it TO

Turbo-Cajun
There are drugs for that.

HiddenPotential
Yeahhhh anyways

Yes its not just a trick of the mind, once a lady knew there was a shoe on top of the hospital.

For you atheist/nihilist guys, always talking about that "deep down, inner voice" sounds like a soul to me. A built in sense of right and wrong.

pr1983- I like your answer.

lil bitchiness
Sure.

Your soul weighs 21 grams. happy

Lord Soth
The belief in a soul requires the belief in a higher being. So no, I don't think I do

lil bitchiness
No, that is incorrect. thumb down

Buddhist believe in soul, and they do not believe in God or any other higher power.

Turbo-Cajun
Well, they reach a point in their enlightenment where they no longer become reincarnated and join with a collective conscieness if i remember correctly. That has to have some name, but i guess that that doesnt really fall under the god category, but it does sound like a higher power to me.

lil bitchiness
Nope, when you reach an enlightment you became one with the universe.

mc pee pants
no... i think james brown took it cry

Gregory
Yeh, and then the skeptics came in and found that it was perfectly vissable from out of the window (it wasn't on the top of the hospital, it was on a window ledge). Try again.

Fiery Eyes
yes i believe we all have a soul, where will your soul be at for eternity?

Tptmanno1
well nowhere, becaus if you don;t have one, after you die you don't exist, thats an impossible to grasp because when you say nothing you thing pure black or pure white, but if there tuly is nothing you wouln't be able to KNOW that there would be black to recognize.

Turbo-Cajun
Well, I dont know alot about this, but I was told in class that native people often beleive that peoples spirits remain here on earth in a spirit world filled with the spirits of animals in a happy hunting ground where there no conflict and people are at peace.

Just a non-christian view of the after life for ya...

Fiery Eyes
ok, for the christain view point: there is Heaven or Hell for eternity, we all have the choice right now to choose where we spend eternity.

Ytaker
Personally I prefer the Elysiun fields. It doesn't require morality to enter, just greatness, and pleasing a big god.

Gregory
Um ... are you trying to threaten people into converting? That's what it sounds like.

finti
so what is the difference between soul and spirit

HiddenPotential
no difference

HiddenPotential
HA, are you serious...

Well I believed I had a soul long before I heard that story.

You know it really is depressing that religious freaks think they have to lie to get people to believe.

Darth Revan
The difference between that "deep down, inner voice" people are talking about, and the Christian view of a soul, is that the former one dies with the body, while the Christian one goes on to heaven or hell. I believe we have something akin to what Christians call "souls", but I don't believe in an afterlife.

Lord Soth
They believe in an inner self, not a soul, per se

WhiteEagle
Anyone believe in the Sartrean theory that self discovery is self creation? That is, when we try to become one with our inner self we are in fact re-creating ourselves. Rather then finding a true self and becoming it, we create it.

The Omega

pr1983
so u don't believe omega in an actual soul?

Ytaker
Trust me, people do occastionaly fantasise that they're in heaven. Saying they don't is like the claim that the sky is ultra violet.

I know what I am. I am me.

Fiery Eyes
NO, how is that thretening to you?

WhiteEagle
Come on Fiery Eyes. Saying something like "where will your soul be for eternity?" is threatening.

Imperial_Samura
I think it is more suggestive and thought invoking, threatening would be "your soul will be in hell for eternity"....

Turbo-Cajun
I think that that is more though restricting that thought provoking. And no, its not suggestive... its implying that if we dont buy into your crazyiness that we go to hell. That is simply a false statement.

WhiteEagle
Yes. And this whole fear-mongering approach towards religion is getting old.

Rhino
i think we have a soul, we die and we go to some place where we decide our next life...

Ytaker
I think that we decide here. Your actions have consequences.

Jackie Malfoy
I mean we are told we have a soul that will leave us when we die and go to heaven or hell.But there is no prove that we really do.
Who can say we have a soul?If anyone has proof I will gladly read it and maybe excerted it but who can say if we have a soul?Is it written in the bible?
I can't really say if we do or not so I will leave my answear to that.JM embarrasment confused Happy Dance

eleveninches
DO you think that it exists at all?

Jackie Malfoy
Yes I do think we have a soul.But animals having souls I am not sure of.Even through there is no proof I was always taught growing up that everyone has a soul.
and that once we die our soul lefts our body and goes to heaven or hell.Or something like that.JM Good topic!JM

Linkalicious
Souls aren't real.

Much like God, Heaven, and Hell....souls too are just concepts created in the mind of humans in order to try and find some sort of extra meaning in life.

A soul cannot be held, seen, or signed over to the devil. It is just a figment of human beings over active imagination.

finti
Just as a music genre

WindDancer
A soul animates the person. Quite a few Religions believe that the human being has a soul. So, I'm going with that we do have a soul.

Linkalicious
so if you go into a coma....do you lose your sole?

or if you flat line for a minute or two...does that mean your soul leaves you and then comes back?

WindDancer
Maybe....I never been comatose so I wouldn't know.

Linkalicious
do you really think you would know if your soul was leaving your body even if you were in a coma?

laughing

WindDancer
I heard of cases in which patients were in a coma when they wake they remenber hearing the voices of the family members that visited them or doctors talking to them. So maybe the soul is still inside the person.

GCG
i think some people under rate the soul. difficult to explain its meaning and purpose, one day we will find out that its the only part of us that never ceases to be.

Adam_PoE
I have seen a number of responses in this thread proclaiming an affirmative belief in the existence of a soul, but no responses explaining why.

Jackie Malfoy
I think we do.Becaues when we die my friend told me our soul leaves our body to go to heaven or hell.JM

Adam_PoE
This is exactly my point. There is absolutely no reason to think that such a thing as a soul exists, let alone that you have one. You believe you do because you have been told that you do or because you have been conditioned to believe that you have one.

debbiejo
We don't have a soul..The original meaning of soul in scripture - means have life. I do believe that we have some kind of life force (energy) or something that can be called spirit.

ARC Trooper 117
One word answer: NO.
I have no soul, because I am the Anti-Christ, the son of Satan. stick out tongue
Or not. stick out tongue

scoffalot
so you believe you're only made of your body?

Lydia_J
I believe we have a soul because otherwise everyone would be the same, even babies have different personalities and yet they are technically all the same as each other. However i dont think the soul is immortal, it dies with us.

Julie
I believe we have souls, becuase I believe humans are created in the image of God....Angels too probably have souls, as well as demons

debbiejo
What scripture to you have to show that Angels and demons have souls?

DenKi
We dont, the Reason Why?

I saw this Documentry afew weeks back on Channel 4 of this man Cutting of the Human Body, Its Quite Interesting. Anyway, He was cutting up the Human Brain, I was looking at that and i was thinking, how could we possibly have a Soul, it was like he was just cutting up normal meat and like nothing was there.

Imperial_Samura
I think I have become something of a seeker. Not really prepared to say 100% that there is a god or Gods or whatever. I say, maybe. Still, I believe in a soul, its just something that has always felt right in a way, long before I learnt anything of religion.

debbiejo
At least you open minded.

Imperial_Samura
Thank you.

Reborn Again
Yes. Ghosts or beings of alike exist within a spiritual world. Who knows what else exists in this form.

debbiejo
^ That's right...somethings can't be explained though many people are studying these phenomena. I believe there is a BUNCH going on in the invisible world. Wish I had shades so I could see....NOT.

I had watched a program on the Science Chnl. on how scientists are now able to measure emotions. They had receivers set up all over the world in large cities. They measured that data that was being picked up. What they found that when people are of one mind, it would register. Christmas, holidays, Princess Diana's death, 911, etc..
When they tried it at a soccer game, it didn't work. They realized that at the soccer game people were not of one thought, there were 2 thoughts. They were routing for 2 different teams, so it didn't register.

I found it interesting that they can now measure emotions like that and they are of course invisible.

i lent it to the devil for a week and he has not got it back to me yet.

debbiejo
^ well, you better get it back ..... he might sell it. Then you'll be
without Soul.... rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.