Captain America vs Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kain Phoenix
i don't know if this fight has been posted b4, but i hope not.
but i think cap would narrowly take this one it would be a very physical fight but cap is far the superior fighter. his moves would keep sabretooth off balance. captain is more agile and his shield can take sabretooths offense.
however sabretooth has that annoying healing factor. which puts the question how would he down sabretooth for the whole fight. yes he has had alot of wars and battles but so has sabretooth who's battle knowlege stretches to the millitary. but you can't be called the super soldier without a rep. and cap takes this one

wrathofachilles
Hmmm, I don't know. Cap is the better fighter, but Sabretooth only needs to get one good shot in and Cap could be eviscerated. This fight could literally go either way.

Linkalicious
I would say they have very similar fighting abilities. Both are extremely high when it comes to hand to hand combat.

Caps shield would definitly help him out in the fight, but Sabretooth's healing factor would probably help as well.

Obviously Cap would win in a comic, but I'll go with Sabretooth on this one...I definitly think it could go either way.

Environment will play a big factor too. Out in the wilderness, I'd give it to Sabretooth, but in civilization, i'd give it to Cap.

manjaro
as usual, cap would find a way to win, as the writers never make him lose(hmmm..........havent i said that like a million times already)

Havoc470
this fight would be insane, but doesnt the cap have a superior healing factor?

i remember reading that the cap's healing factor is so strong that it keeps his age at a standstill, along with him having that indestructable shield and him being a great strategist, he could win the fight but it can go either way

Never
Captain America has never had a healing factor and he is so superior to Sabertooth in h2h it is not even funny. If DD sans any shield smeared Sabertooth all over the pavement, what on earth would Cap do with a shield that survived Johnny Storm's Supernova blast?

Havoc470
i didnt think so, i was reading a piece in the wizard wolverine special wrong, sorry about that

i still think the cap takes this one

wrathofachilles
I think it's the soldier serum that keeps Cap from aging. I don't mind coming up with excuses for why characters don't age, but how do they answer why the supporting cast never ages. I mean, sure Superman doesn't look his age because he's Kryptonian, but I don't give a damn how much botox a person has, Lois Lane is not going to look like that after 60 years *which has to be at least 20-30 years comic time*...

who?-kid
It can go either way, like lots of battles. Cap is the better fighter, is smarter and has his unbreakable shield (that he uses very well), so one could say Captain America has this in the pocket.

Sabretooth, on the other hand, can take very much (though I agree it depends on the writer), has a killer instinct, isn't holding back, has his razorsharp claws, heightened senses and a very good healing factor. I don't think he's stronger than Cap, but he's stronger than a normal human being. But the strength difference won't matter that much.

So, like I said, it can go either way... Like it or not, folks smile.

Tron
Did we just forget about Creed's adamantium bones and claws? It's not a deciding factor, but I thought I'd just throw it out there incase anyone forgot. And, Sabertooth has plenty of battle experience also; CIA, Weapon X, and probably more. Don't know if he's been around as long as Wolverine though.

Havoc470
yeah, im not really sure if he's been around as long as wolverine or less....hmmm, yeah this can go either way, i dont think it would end with someone dying though, as sabretooth must be one hard guy to kill, same for the cap......maybe it would end with one of them throwing the other off a cliff lol, its more of winning the battle but not the war

Never
Sabertooth has not, but Cap has. Their paths have crossed in WWII.

Havoc470
yeah, but i do remember an issue with sabretooth and wolverine fighting, wolverine had no adamantium skeleton so he ended up losing, but it was the first time they ever showed his berserker rage

crazyspinz
that could have been after his adimantium was taken out...

tooth would take this cuz he only needs one shot to take down cap, cap has basicaly nothing that can seriously hurt tooth

Havoc470
no it wasnt, because after the adamantium was taken out he still had bone claws, this was in a comic made in 1989 and wolverine had his metal taken out of him by mags in '93

as for sabretooth taking out cap so easily, that wouldnt happen...cap has in indestructable shield that could sure beat the crap out of sabretooth let alone defend against sabretooths attacks, and cap has superior fighting experience...although sabretooth was in weapon x he didnt have much covert skills except going into places and killing anything he can

crazyspinz
umm wolverine always had bone claws

Havoc470
.......thats what im saying, the bone claws never came out until he lost his adamantium (except in origins of course) which happened in '93, im talking about a pre-weapon x wolverine who gets a "birthday present" of silver fox's head sent by sabretooth, its the first fight they ever had, and the first sight of berserker rage....no sign of the bone claws at all in this issue

this issue btw is wolverine #10 (yes, its a flashback)

crazyspinz
ok

FrothByte
sabertooth has his healing factor while cap has his "no fatigue" factor. remember that the serum allows for cap not to get tired or exhausted. it could just be as deciding a factor as the healing factor. plus cap doesn't need to kill sabes, a knock out would count as a win, and i definitely think cap has what it takes to knock out sabertooth. i mean, dd has done it, so can cap,.

crazyspinz
this is true, on hit on the head wit that sheild and saber tooth would be out cold

wrathofachilles
Cap has nothing that can seriously hurt Sabretooth? What? His shield is adamantium, that can seriously hurt him. He's also stronger and capable of doling out a few hard punches. I agree Sabretooth can slice Cap open with one shot, assuming it's hard enough to go through his armor, but Cap is no pushover. His agility is only below Spider-Man and on par with Daredevil. Like I said, Sabretooth could get lucky with one shot, but if Cap manages to keep on his toes, he'll wear Sabretooth down.

Maelstrom
I just read on someone's strength charts that Sabertooth is perfect like Cap. America physically. This fight would really rock. Still I think reason prevails over insanity so Cap would end up just cutting off the poor sabs head with his shield.

muffin man
sabretooth if he can avoid cap's shield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.