Please explain...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
...how a stink bomb sets off a fire alarm.

Because that's what supposedly happened at school today messed

m!$hA
does a stink bomb have smoke? confused

silver_tears
Someone keeps pulling the alarm at my school, and everytime we get out for 20 minutes, cause they do a check of all the floors droolio

m!$hA
im not sure if we had an alarm at my old school blink
gosh its so weired saying "my old school"

Imaginary
Misha did you just finish yr 12?

Captain REX
Australians and their weird grades... stick out tongue

What's yr 12 for the Yanks?

JKozzy
No idea what that is messed

But back on topic.... could a stink bomb contain fumes enough to set off fire alarms? There was no smoke... confused

m!$hA
no, im changing schools laughing out loud

m!$hA
yeah its probably the gas in it or something erm

RaventheOnly
alarms detect smoke, not heat confused

charlit
we go to year 13 here and im in year 10 so i guess thats...9th grade???

JKozzy
Stink bombs aren't heat, they're gascious odors...

Darth Revan
Y'know what I think... I think your administration is a lying *****. There's no way a stink bomb could set off a fire alarm. Probably somebody threw a stink bomb and then pulled the alarm.

Captain REX
Thanks Char! smile

Ronny
the stink bombs i use come in glass and its just a smelly liquid erm no idea

Captain REX
Might be a different type, me thinks...

I use mustard gas myself... evil face

Darth Revan
To start with, I've never heard of a stink bomb that isn't just a tube of glass filled with nasty smelling liquid. The other thing is, if there was such a thing, I still can't think of a way it could set a fire alarm off.

Captain REX
Smoke grenade anyone? stick out tongue

How goes it, DR?

RaventheOnly
maybe they had chemical detectors confused sulfur is the main ingredient in stink bombs and dynimite stick out tongue

RaventheOnly
That kills people confused inflames the lungs and liquifies the inner lung linning blink

Ronny
never heard of mustard gas embarrasment

Captain REX
Well, Ronny, I advise you read this page!

Mustard Gas Info

Ronny
damn shock

Captain REX
Horrible, isn't it?

Ronny
terrible cry

Captain REX
Just think, you never have to join the military AND you don't live in the 1910's! big grin

Ronny
*sigh of relief*

Captain REX
However, terrorist attacks and anthrax!

Ronny
shock thanks for that

Captain REX
No problem! big grin

*runs around firing Luger & Walther everywhere*

dave123
*sighs* listen up idiots

basically, a fire alarm is linked up to a smoke detector, and a smoke detector works by passing alpha radiation across a small space of air. a long as the recieving part of the radiation stays at a constant level, then the air is clean, and therefore there is no smoke. but if slightly more dense gases, such as SMOKE or in this case, your stink bomb, cover this up, then the alarm will be triggered.

Simple as big grin

eggmayo
fire dont set them off, i just burned like 8 matches and half a newspaper next to mine and it did nothing

Alias Neo
The same thing happened at my school too eek!

Agent Elrond
dust from a dry wall set ours off in the winter. Luckily, they had us go the the new gym instead of outside. And one time, there was a fire in our school, a small garbage fire, but still. Ad I know who pulled the alarm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.