ROUNDERS and the epoidemic it started

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pokerprofit
I don't know how many of you have seen the movie Rounders but ever since that movie came out everyone thinks they can be a professional poker player. Now I'm not saying someone can't but if your gonna try at least do it correctly and learn a little something about the game other than just the rules before you go out and lose all your money.
Poker in colleges around the world is a lot of fun as a recreational use but to think it can be used as a long term (happy) life is a mistake that i feel many people are making. I play professionally around the world and on many websites. I do recommend using it as a additional source of income but you must be careful. As you would do with your Organization or class you should read up on some strategies. Books cost as little as $20 and are so full of useful information that you can be an average player in as little as memorizing a 100 page book.
Now classes are very important while your at college so make sure you get that diploma. If you don't people will not only make fun of you for failing to get it but people won't respect your opinion as often as you deserve. One of my favorite on-line pages to play on is partypoker.com they have the largest membership and give you the largest selections of games. they often run bonuses where you can get free money every month if you play a specific number of hands. I believe they have sign up codes where you can get a free $25 when you sign up, that one is ( NEW25$ ) or you can get up to 100 if you use their 20% bonus offer. You will get 20% more money of what ever you deposit that code is ( NEW20% ) If your going to sign up on any site you should make sure that you use a bonus because there is a lot of free money out there and you should take advantage of it.
There are also websites that you can learn some stuff from with help full hints. there are free site that you can go to where there are lists of when free tournaments are and some important topics you should learn more about.
Now I am not trying to promote any type of illegal activity so if your not legal you shouldn't do this most places require you to be 18 but some are 21 . What i do want is for the people who are going to play to be smart and don't lose money. I see many people in the on-line community taking lots of new students money when they should be partying or studying. Most of all it should be fun. If you get good its something you can do for a long time to come. good luck everyone, play smart or don't play at all.

Mr Zero
can somebody wade through this page of crap find a reason to ban this git?

BackFire
This has absolutely nothing to do with movies. Go find a poker forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.