Ep3 Trailer [SPOILER]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bartman99
according to tfn

The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.

This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

that actually makes my cock hard

Morridini
Did anyoen record it? Will it be put online?

Darth Maverick
.....an where did u see this?

Gangularis
he read it on tfn..

Sith Master X
That sounds awesome!!! I can't wait!

Darth Maverick
well if it is true it sounds great

Jedi Priestess
blink laughing

OB1-adobe
Yeah that makes my cock hard too

Darth_Duffy
some of you really need a woman! smile

Jedi Priestess
not me laughing out loud

I wonder how long before this turns up online?

Sith Master X
I don't know, but I can't wait to see the trailer. It sounds awesome!

Boris
Me want now!!!!!

vader519
The trailer will be released sometime this month on starwars.com, but only hyperspace members can see it first. Hopefully someone will post right after it comes out.

NoMeN
he just posted it:

For each of the past two prequels we've provided full on descriptions of the trailers for the films. The tradition now continues with the final Star Wars movie ever, Revenge of the Sith. If you want to draw out the excitement, check out these classics like February 18th, 1999 for Episode I's Trailer B November 9th, 2001 and Episode II's first trailer. Tonight is no different from those magical nights of the past - here's the Episode III trailer description!

We've been told that all of the music is edited from previous Episodes, featuring Darth Vader's Theme prominently. We're pumped about this, but have to admit this is quite a surprise to see this key moment this early in marketing. LFL sure is confident about this one- that's a good sign! Reaction is running strong in the spoiler forums. Enter at your own risk!

TFN guys are lucky, they always got to see the trailers first.

Xam
i dont need women i need star wars to make my cock hard stick out tongue stick out tongue blink hahahahahahaha

PVS
i think everyone here needs to put their cocks away!!! laughing out loud

cant wait to see that trailer. should be out in a week (maybe 2) on HS, so i think.

Xam
i dont wanna put my cock awaysad seriously i think it will be out this week on HS!hopefully

Xam
Padme with signature Leia hairdo.= the bagel hairdoo?

Jedi Priestess
those are cinnamon rolls lol

Xam
lolllll

Darth Sauron
You know, the structure of that sentence makes it sound so very wrong.

moonwalker741
laughing

Bartman99
less cocktalk more Star Wars talk

that line "Lord Vader? " "yes" "RISE!" will so ****ing rock, best star wars quote after "what is thy bidding my master"

Xam
eek! laughing laughing laughing thats so f****** funny dude!

darktim1
sounds cool can't wait to see in the theater next month.

LUCASCHINBEARD
Makes me feel much better about myself
hey mebbe i aint such a sad sw geek afterall!

Xam
shhhhhhhhhhhh would ya

NoMeN
god, this is sooo offtopic. i read on the topic : Episode 3 trailer
then i check the last page and people are talking about cocks!

i mean wtf!

Boris
Yes the amount of cock talk is really not at an acceptable level.....

punkkaveman
I didn't even kno we could say cock on the forum.

PVS
jesus tapdancing christ!!!! wtf?

everyone: "cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock "

never have i seen such off topic discussion laughing out loud

PVS
i think they are referring to their pet roosters, right everyone? wink

LanİeWindu
Just ignore the cock and get back to discussion of the trailer.

I hear the theatrical teaser trailer will be out sometime in November.

Sith Master X
I think the big question now is, when will we get to see it? Yes, November in the theaters, but we all know it's coming out on Hyperspace 2 weeks before it hits the theaters, so I'm sure we'll all get a glimps of it a bit sooner.

LanİeWindu
I can bet that once the trailer is on HS there will be stills posted on various message boards. Knowing Lucasfilm, they are going to make it impossible, or as close as they can, to copy the trailer.

Naredhel
Maybe the whole "rise" thing was about Vader's cock stick out tongue Sorry to go OT yet again in this completely OT thread stick out tongue

Sith Master X
OMG doh

Darth Sauron
maybe all this talk of the emperor unleashing his weapon and handling his hilt is code for something laughing out loud

Sith Master X
This thread is just becoming more creative by the minute. lol

Darth Sauron
Although i think grievous's handling of four weapins at once wil be a bit much for the eyes

and the stomach sick

LanİeWindu
Okay...get this on topic otherwise you know it's going to be closed.

Boris
Way to much homo erotic undertones going on here...... sad

Bartman99

ctsketch
anyone with a capture card will be able to reproduce it

cal31
Man just hearing about the Vader scene is awesome, from the sound of it, this trailer definetely should hold me over until May.

Jedi Priestess
or if you are lucky enough to be a member of the rebel alliance you get to see it even sooner eek!

moonwalker741
i have the trailer guys, pm me......

moonwalker741
wait nevermind, i just ate it....

Darth Maverick
fat ass! mad stick out tongue

moonwalker741
laughing laughing laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Just couldn't help it could you? stick out tongue

moonwalker741
it had the cream filling! i couldnt resist!

Sith Master X
laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
another thread bites the dust laughing out loud

§pearhead
...like a TIE Defender? blink

jedijunky1138
Moon, why ya gotta go eating the trailers before anyone gets to see um?
Thats just wrong!

Ghetto Goblin
i really can't wait for this...

i missed you guys...

not really...

*cough*

Jedi Priestess
and update from TFN about the trailer

Here's some new updates and tidbits:

Anakin's reply to Palpatine is Yes, Master? and not just "Yes" and previsouly reported. Sweet. It is said somehow questioningly, as if he is not exactly sure what is happening.

Palpatine's "Riiiiiiiiise" is so devilish and long, they've clearly spent some time on making this section of the film perfect. Still finding it hard to believe they are going to show this section so early. Wow.

We've been told that the voice of Vaders is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the
Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

And to clarify an earlier point or two, the lines of dialogue we posted are spoken over completely black screen right after the volcanic field shot. And the Tri-fighter we mentioned is actually the new Jedi starfighter.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison. So unless that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

Sith Master X
Great. Thanks for the update.

Sith Master X
Though also, according to their description, there appears to be no duel footage in the trailer yet. sad Oh well, at least we'll see Vader.

Mist
havent we seen enough of the duel already? how about some new exciting footage?

PVS
im sure we'll see duel footage in the final trailer

jedijunky1138
I don't think we will see Vader in the trailer. JP's post said that the dialog was spoken over a black screen.

Anakin2Vader
^^^ The desription of the trailer she speaks of says that it will show Vader strapped to a table that is rising to a standing position

Sith Master X
We haven't seen any "Finalized" shots of the duel yet though, with any of the backgrounds. Only blue screen stuff. wink

vanyoda
I hope the trailer will have at least one shot of
Grievous .Can't waitJumpy

darktim1
I still think they are completeing the duel sequence on the computer that's probibley why it's not in the teaser and think thats good have to save some of footage for final trailer.

JKozzy
They could've completed a portion of it for the trailer if they really wanted it to be in it. It's the first teaser, and Episode II had what... four lengthly trailers? It'll make it in there somewhere. Even someone from KMC made the duel pretty complete; to make a three second clip of it for a trailer would take them maybe a few hours at most. Here's a link to it; rightclick and save target as: http://d8.yousendit.com/d/812B4D2736CAF061FAD0FD95F4E43EC4/episode%203%20scene.mov

Sith Master X
Good point. That's probably the case.

OB1-adobe
Theforce.net had this to say also:

Anakin's reply to Palpatine is Yes, Master? and not just "Yes" and previsouly reported. Sweet. It is said somehow questioningly, as if he is not exactly sure what is happening.
Palpatine's "Riiiiiiiiise" is so devilish and long, they've clearly spent some time on making this section of the film perfect. Still finding it hard to believe they are going to show this section so early. Wow.

We've been told that the voice of Vader is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

And to clarify an earlier point or two, the lines of dialogue we posted are spoken over completely black screen right after the volcanic field shot. And the Tri-fighter we mentioned is actually the new Jedi starfighter.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison, though it might just be Tion Meddon. So unless its the off chance that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

moonwalker741
it dosent work, uplaod it again and post the link where its the page where you download it, not the direct link

Sith Master X
Yeah, it's not working for me either.

OB1-adobe
Okay justt disregard what I posted above, no biggie. I just thought you guys would like to know.

Sith Master X
OB1, JP already posted that info about what else TFN had on the trailer, so I wasn't disregarding it. stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Oh embarrasment . Well I guess any one who is willing to smack me in the face you better get in line. At least I didn't make thread about it, you can bet by morning someone will.

Sith Master X
lol laughing

It's no big deal OB1. Hey, OLD NEWS ROCKS! rock

J/K stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
big grin

guiro72
hmmmm.....so does this mean we can say cock on the forum?.....

seriously though, the birth of vader was something that i wanted to see for the first time sitting in that darkened theatre....i was even kinda pissed when the pics leaked and they included that footage on the dvd....lucas has managed to spoil his OWN movie for me this time....perhaps he will leak the full ep III script onto hyperspace next....

Boris
No Grievous in the trailer, oh poo sad

Bartman99
We've been told that the voice of Vaders is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional.

thats it for me, lucas has gone ****ing batshit loco!

*cries*

Darth_Duffy
why? because he doesnt think that a 20 sumfin anakin would sound exactly the same as a 40 sumfin anakin?

oh how crazy is that

mephistodesigns
That's gotta be bulls**t. James Earl Jones is going to or has done the recordings. I've heard in interviews that he said he had like five or ten minutes of dialogue to record. But again, the description is someone's INTERPRETATION of the trailer, he might not have understood what he was hearing, they probably made his voice higher and more robotic, as in ANH, so he thinks its not Jones. He did sound a little different in ANH than in the other two. Maybe this guy just never realized it.

Sith Master X
Yeah, I mean, he's going to have the same suit and all, but think about it, does your voice sound exactly the same after 20 years? This is the right move by George, because when Anakin first becomes Vader, he is fairly young. It's likely the voice would sound a bit different.

Sith Master X
Well also, JEJ's voice has changed a bit within the last 20 years, so it'd be dificult to match it perfectly unless they were doing this in some computerized way.

mephistodesigns
so you think JEJ recorded it? or hayden?

Cipher
I seriously hope Lucas didn't do anything as stupid as not using James Earl Jones for Vader's voice.......

Whatever makes Anakin's voice sound the way it does would be the same then as later. I'm becoming concerned about this classic villian: first, Lucas lets Hayden wear the suit even though he's not tall enough, now he might be the voice, too?! They're going to push the return of Darth Vader, a globally recognized villian, but he's not going to be the same as before? Why not change the costume while they're at it?

I'm starting to become glad there are no more movies after this because George's sense of story logic is gone......

Bartman99

The Ones
lol

JKozzy
http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=812B4D2736CAF061FAD0FD95F4E43EC4

Sorry, my b.

GCG
this must have been the most enjoyable thread i have read in ages LOL !

cal31
Why are you even questioning if JEJ did the voice for Vader? He even said it himself that he already recorded his lines for the ROTS, why is this even coming up?

jedijunky1138
Sometimes during production things can change. Lucas makes little changes all the time even up to the point of no return. Lucas could have decided not to use JEJ's recordings and synthisized Haydens voice to sound like a much younger Vader. Why does this sound so far fetched? I think it sounds perfectly logical.

Sith Master X
They've already interviewed JEJ. He's goind Vader's voice. His voice has just changed a bit in the last 20 years.

Take C-3P0 for example. If you pay close attention, his voice doesn't sound exactly the way it does in OT as it does in the PT. Although he's a robot, Anthony Danie's voice has changed over the last 20 years. He sounds a bit different between both Sagas.

JKozzy
And I'm not going to be nitpicky and mind. Just as long as they use JEJ for Vader's voice. smile

jedijunky1138
JEJ did record for EPIII but that does not mean that GL has to use those recordings. He has the power to change his mind. The movies are his and his alone. We are just lucky enough that he is sharing them with us. Ultimately the decision lies with GL. As long as JEJ gets paid for his recordings GL can use them as he sees fit.

PVS
im sick of waitingsad

where is the trailer!!!! I MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

jedijunky1138
Patiance my young friend, In time you will see the true substance of the trailer. Happy Dance

Mace Skywalker
I finally got my Trilogy, I cant wait to watch it all day on sunday, and watch the teaser and other stuff.

Ushgarak
Does anyone actually want to, dare I say it, speculate or discuss some of the things from the trailer? As opposed to getting worked up about one lone report that the voice is slightly off if you listen hard?

Darth Surgent
The lava crabs of Mustafar.... let the speculation begin. evil face

unknown hero
Indeed! Someone somewhere must have something by now!

Xam
ok so this is wat TFN has posted more on the trailer: enjoy!

We've been told that the voice of Vader is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison, though it might just be Tion Meddon. So unless its the off chance that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

((end spoilers))

queeq
That was yesterday's and I think it was already posted.

jedijunky1138
JP posted it yesterday.

Xam
lol oups

Sith Master X
Here's is the newest description of the trailer from TFN:

The first shot of Episode III is of an eruption on Mustafar. It is a volcanic, barren hell hole, burnt rocks and volcanos line the landscape and we see what looks like mechanical spiders with riders atop of them crossing the field.
What follows comes fast so I will give it to you but in no particular order as it is hard to keeo straight how it all came.

You do hear Palpatine say arise Lord Vader and they show him strapped to table that is leaning forward and surrounded with steam.

As he rises they cut to scenes and then back to him rising. You seen Anakin and Padme, the new Jedi Fighters in action, a Breathtaking shot of the capitol ship battle the opens the film. You see lots of Wookies, Tie Medran (Spelling), C-3PO, R2, in the Tantive IV hall. There is a great scene of Yoda coming in looking very upset and drawing his sabre then one later of him chopping. (This is the Palpatine Confrontation)

Jedi Priestess
ah HA SITH!! beat ya! stick out tongue stick out tongue actually we could prolly use a merge here! wink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2647296#post2647296

PVS
rock OLD NEWS ROCKS!!! rock

just f'n with ya sith wink laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Actually, what I posted just came out today at 1:00 pm. It's not old. stick out tongue laughing

PVS
JP posted it first stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

laughing out loud

stick out tongue

Sith Master X
Oh, so it was posted in the wrong thread then? stick out tongue

vanyoda
rock 5 HOUR OLD NEWS ROCKS rock laughing

Sith Master X
Yeah, well that's what happens you know, people go around opening 30 friggen topics on the same issue and then it gets as confusing as hell.

PVS
laughing out loud

SPAM? SPAM YOU SAY?
i have NO idea what your talking about. laughing out loud

PVS

Morridini
Has it been said how long it's gonna be?

Sith Master X
Yep, about 100 seconds in length.

cornponious
Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam spam and spam.

Oh, wait, baked beans are off!

cornspamious

Jedi Priestess
LMAO@ PVS& SMX I LOVE you guys! laughing out loud

I do not however love the glowing red eyes crap on Anakin. Thats just wrong IMHO.

Sith Master X
Glowing red eyes...hmmm? First I hear about that.

waynerobsonuk
wsasn't it Christopher Lee that should have the red glowing eye's? After all he always did in the old Hammer movie's as Dracula.. laughing out loud
I think the glowing eye's may be a good way to show Anakins total conversion to the darkside though.

Wayne...

peluffo
Maybe Anakin is on drugs.

The Ones
prozack

Darth Maverick
will the OS release the trailer at 12 midnight?

NoMeN
man, i cant wait, less than 24 hours i guess !!! big grin

waynerobsonuk
well from memory it is supposed to be some time in the afternoon (US time) so god alone knows what that will be GMT. (I live in the north east of the UK)
My guess would be around 9- 11pm GMT.

Wayne...

NoMeN
oh nos! i live in GMT +1 zone

mauler
...new Obi pic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.